4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Elias Beach Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Stay Away!!!

My experience here was more than discgusting. Worst hotel ever. I went to this hotel with my father who is disabled to use the restaurant and other facilities as a paying guest. I went to the reception to inquire about accessibility to disabled people and prices for different facilities. The receptionist was very rude speaking on the phone while talking to me and then said to me that the prices for the pool (20 euro per person) were high because they did not like cypriot people coming in. I asked to see the manager and inquired about this discriminatory statement, being cypriot myself. The General Manager of the hotel came down and apologized and assured me that it was an isolated incident and that it has never happened before. Then we went to the beach and we ordered two beers and we paid for them, even though the hotel said that everything was ont he house. My father got tired quickly and we went to the restaurant a bit early around 6 o clock to wait for the buffet to open and we asked whether we could go in. They said sure, and we asked again, and were re-assured that we could use the restaurant. We ordered coffee and then we waited for the buffet to open. The restaurant manager came over at some point and asked, Can I help you with something, and I said, we do not need anything thanks. But the most amazing thing happened, He started saying how because I wore shorts I shouldn't be in the restaurant and we should go out. I said enough is enough never going back again. Believe some good waitress working hard there and are verbally abused by the manager. Stay away.

Unique Quality: Stay Away!!

More about Limassol

Enjoying a self-made breakfast at own hotel roomEnjoying a self-made breakfast at own hotel room

Water trough, Lofou Village, Cyprus.Water trough, Lofou Village, Cyprus.

mother ship with her baby shipmother ship with her baby ship

would you date this palm?would you date this palm?

Need alot of info in a short time

by mattlandry1000

Please help!!!

I'm going to Limassol in February for 4 days.
What is hot???
What is not???
Dance clubs and cabarrets. Are they still open during the winter?
Fishing and diving. Is this possible during this time of year?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
29 Yrs old Male with group of guys ranging from 22 to 35 yrs in age.
Thanks

RE: Need alot of info in a short time

by James_in_cyprus

If you really want to party stay away from limassol.... head to Ayia Napa.

Not to say that there's nothing in Limassol, but the Galatex (main tourist area) and it's surrounding area is quite dead this time of year.

Stay away from cabaret unless you are with a large group as there have been cases of mobile theft, people "helping" you to take money out of the bank etc...

Hope this helps in some way. :)

Travel Tips for Limassol

Akrotiri bay

by Aggeliki

Akrotiri Bay is located east of the Akrotiri Peninsula on the southern coast of the island of Cyprus. The city of Limassol is located on the bay. Along the bay some of the most beautiful hotels are situated here. The promenade beside the bay is full of very high palm trees.

Kolossi Castle was the only...

by Lalique

Kolossi Castle was the only one sight I visited during my stay apart from Zoo in Limassol (he-he). The Castle is not far from the city, about 10 km away to the West. The Castle is of XIII cent., initially it served as headquarters to Ionian order but not for long. Then as I was told King Richard the Lion Heart spent there his honeymoon and this is it!!! The view from the tower over the valley is worth climbing!!!

Kolossi Castle

by Fen

A very fine example of military architecture, originally constructed in the 13th century and subsequently rebuilt in its present form in the middle of the 15th century.

After the fall of Acre in 1291, it served the guard of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem.
In the 14th century it came for a time under the domain of the Knights Templar

Limassol Cyprus

by Ernald

I was in Limassol in April this year with my girlfriend Caroline it was our first holiday togeather and Cyprus was an excellent location for us. The people and very friendly and there is lots to see and do. However I did find Cyprus a little expensive but it was worth it for the wonderful memories that will last a life time.

History Of Limassol

by Fen

"Some History on Limassol"

The Turks invaded Cyprus in 1570-1571 and occupied it. Lemesos (Limassol) was conquered in July 1570 without any resistance. The Turks devastated and burned it. Descriptions of different visitors inform us that the town of Lemesos (Limassol) looked like a village with a considerable number of inhabitants. The Christians used to live in small houses of such low height, that one had to bend in order to enter the house. This was deliberately chosen in order to prevent the Turks from riding a horse, to enter the houses.

During the years of the Turkish domination, Cyprus faced a general decline. The Turks did not contribute to any development. Greeks and Turks used to live in distinct neighborhoods.During the years of the Turkish domination, the intellectual standard of the Cypriots had declined. The lack of interest on the part of conquerors, the oppression and the high taxation were restraining factors for the intellectual development of the children. The church played an important role in the education of the country during the years 1754-1821. During those years new schools were set up in all the towns. Greek intellectuals used to teach Greek history, Turkish and French. The following schools operated in the town of Lemesos (Limassol):

The British took over in Cyprus in 1878. The first British governor of Lemesos (Limassol) was Colonel Warren. He showed a particular interest in Lemesos (Limassol) and even from the very first days the condition of the town showed an improvement. The roads were cleaned, the animals were removed from the center, roads were fixed, trees were planted and docks were constructed for the loading and unloading of those ships that were embarked away from the shore. Lanterns for the lighting of the central areas were also installed in the I880. In 1912, electricity finally replaced the old lanterns.

From the very first years of the British occupation, a post office, a telegraph office and a hospital began to operate. In 1880 the first printing press started working. It was in this printing press that the newspapers Alithia and Anagennisis were published in 1897. The newspaper Salpinx was published at the same time.

Comments