Four Seasons Hotel

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Food and Dining Business Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

First Class Resort for Extremely Demanding Guests!

by written on October 18, 2014

Justly Ranks #1 out of 60 hotels in Limassol….See why.
My fourth time here and every time it is a great experience …on all dimensions. Four Seasons is not just a superb hotel but the one on the peak. The latest news is by the way, that as from this year the nearby Amathus Beach Hotel is under the management of Muskita Hotels, the owners and operators of the Four Seasons.

LOCATION: The Hotel is blessed with spectacular views of the island’s southern coastline and is ideally located on a cosy sandy beach close to the heart of Limassol’s tourist area, with only a few minutes’ drive from its markets and museums, so it makes a great base for exploring the island. Limassol is well known for its culture, stylish shops and sophisticated nightlife.

CHECK-IN: Upon arrival and entering the premises, I felt this recognizable welcoming fresh flowery fragrance in the air which is nonstop throughout the premises and so pleasing. Nice to be back and see familiar smiling faces …Just a smile can make your day, but in all, this is the spirit of the Four Seasons.
The welcome is really warm, contrary to the welcoming drink and cool towel I was offered, which both were refreshing! A nice gesture the right moment.
Friendly as always, Andreas the reception Manager escorted me to the suite and explained a few things regarding the functioning of the Jacuzzi, the Safe and everything I needed to know.

STAFF / SERVICE: Guests feel valued and respected here with an unparalleled level of personalized service excellence. From the bellboys to the management, the people behind every department are a bunch of professionals whose aim is to make guests feel the authentic Cypriot hospitality.
There is no doubt that those visiting for a first time will be back and for us who are repeaters we know well what this feeling means.
You arrive as a guest, stay as a friend, and by the time you leave it feels like leaving behind a family. The overall levels of service was beyond excellent as always.

AMBIENCE: The atmosphere throughout the premises was second to none. Elegant and classy with marble columns, with no limit to luxury out here. The interior of the hotel is as breathtaking as the surroundings.

GARDEN STUDIO: The beautiful pristine studio I stayed in was #910 on the upper level. Beautifully sheltered these studios enjoy green surroundings, tucked away from the main building in an area reserved for adults only. The level of combined privacy and luxury here reaches a peak.
The ground floor suites have a non-slip walkway at every individual Jacuzzi which is part of the river-like pool, but in a way they are not that private as the pool is for everyone.
Lush exotic plants exceeding the height of the upper floor, give a totally different feeling.

Studios on the upper floor like the one I had, have a private Jacuzzi located on the balcony. Motorized shades provide the absolute privacy. The only negative was the horrible smell of cigarettes coming from the two neighboring studios. I guess my neighbors were passionate chain-smokers.
Elvian was the lady who made up my room each day and she was always there for me when I needed something. A real lady who impressed me with her character, her inner and outer beauty and a friend of mine by now.

‘DREAMY’ is the word I can use to describe the Garden Studios on the upper floor. From the stunning king-size bed, to the leather top desk, the complimentary coffee/tea facilities, telephones by the bed, desk and one in the bathroom, an electronic safe, the large flat screen TV with pay Movies, the complimentary Wi Fi & broadband internet connection….exactly what the very demanding guest expects. It is the unique hotel that provides the best for the business clientele and also for the holiday-maker.

BATHROOM: The marble bathroom has almost the size of a standard hotel room. Spacious and elegant with a deep soaking bathtub in the main room, a separate built-in shower, double basins, towel warmers, fragrant towels, fog-free mirrors, quality bathrobes, slippers and a range of Molton Brown toiletries….but still these are not all.

EXTRA PUMPERING: Guests on this wing can enjoy upgraded top quality services such as Private check-in, complimentary drinks and canapés every evening, Valet service for the unpacking of luggage, complimentary magazine and daily local English newspaper and a deluxe fruit basket replenished daily, and this stands for Bed linens as well.

In all, convenience here blends with comfort and reality mingles with fantasy, only to create the unique atmosphere and the perfect balance between luxury and homely familiarity. I could go on and on writing about this experience if it wasn’t for the word limit.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast was a feast –fresh breads, local deli items, yogurts, seasonal fruit, fresh juice and anything one can imagine. – The full American breakfast at its very best! The other option is the Healthy Temptation Breakfast appealing to guests with specific dietary preferences, from hi-fibre whole wheat breads and crackers, to non-dairy soy milk or abundant fresh seasonal fruit.

DINE AROUND: This is a totally new option and it is all about the opportunity given to guests to enjoy the cuisine of 5 different Award-winning restaurants, with 3-course menu that includes a choice of starter, main dish and dessert out of the à la carte menu, at a set price of €50 per person. (Minimum 3 dinners in the restaurants of the guests’ choice.

I found the idea interesting, and these restaurants are the Vivaldi (Gourmet Italian), the Mavromatis (Creative Greek), the Seasons Oriental (Authentic Oriental), Limanaki (Fine fish restaurant) and lastly the Grill Room (Premium classic grill menu).The two latter are the signature restaurants of the neighboring Amathus hotel.
Guests are spoilt for choice out of my own experience. (My restaurants’ review is on a separate post).

The passionate nature of Cyprus is evident throughout this luxurious hotel –you can book a romantic candlelit dinner in the restaurant of your choice, in your own suite or in the grounds. The hotel also hosts weddings, with a dedicated staff that promises to handle your day with professionalism and creativity.

WI FI: There is a small charge for demanding downloads but in all public areas even out by the beach Wi Fi is free to all guests.

GARDENS AND POOL: The beach Bars, the Pool and the beach were full of guests this time and the weather amazing. The hotel is right to the sea and has its own beautiful strip of beach and the views from every part of the resort are fantastic.
It was really easy to spend a whole day just lounging by the pool or strolling on the beach.

Luxury is everywhere –from the tranquil pools surrounded by comfortable loungers, to the numerous areas set aside for simply relaxing and enjoying the extended summer of Cyprus. Here your every need is taken care of by the ever-attentive staff.

IN ALL: If you are looking for a hotel where you can simply unwind and take it easy, the Four Seasons has to be a top contender. I like to feel at home even when I am away and I felt that the Four Seasons is as personal as it gets. I felt spoilt with all the care and attention thanks to the whole professional team.

None Other beats the Four Seasons! Surely the best

by written on January 30, 2013

On my recent business trip to Cyprus I had to visit Limassol and I stayed 3 nights at the Four Seasons. I stayed here once again a couple of years back and last year I had a business lunch at one of the four restaurants. Once again the stay was unforgettable that I can’t find words to describe. It is kind of awkward to travel unaccompanied –my husband stayed back in Greece, but my stay here was so pleasant and relaxing that it was as if I was not alone at all. Out of all the hotels I stayed on this trip this one made the difference.

Staff: The staff is truly world class. It is unbelievable yet true of how a large number of them –if not mistaken, 52 are celebrating this year their 20 years’ service at this hotel! They know exactly how to make the guest feel more like a friend and they are doing this in the most discreet way. As you walk pass them you are greeted with a smile that it is so warm that makes your day! I was happily surprised when I noticed that people from the staff remembered me. I truly felt this warm touch of the Cypriot hospitality and attention. Now I can honestly understand why so many people keep coming back -a couple was telling me at breakfast some days back that they are repeaters for the last 13 years! The staff is an unbeatable team of multilingual experts and the percipient observer notices instantly the value of these people and how they perceive to make guests feel at home. The best is that you don’t have to be a repeater to feel this exceptional personalized service because it is something the guest feels even on his very first visit.

Room: I had the superior sea view suite # 421 -spotlessly clean spacious and well equipped. The combination of warm colours is what you notice the moment you enter the room. The floor, curtains, walls, the bed’s cover, the pillows - even the sophisticated up and over bed canopy above the king-sized bed…all matches with the rest of the impressive and contemporary look of the interior.
I would expect a much more relaxing bed though and I was a bit disappointed but when I reported it, I was told that I could change room if I wanted –but I did not and the management informed me that very soon every single bed is going to be replaced! The room had it all…even coffee/tea facilities, not to mention the exceptional daily complimentary treats!!

Now about the view! The word “stunning” is very little to describe it. Nothing could stop me from getting up early to catch the crack of dawn as it breaks into a new day. It was like standing in front of a different painting each morning –a palette of colours. It is worth paying the few extra to get a sea view especially if we are talking about this specific hotel.

Bathroom: All bathrooms are amazing –top line at every aspect. Light and space is what I am after in a bathroom besides anything else and here there was ample of both. The luxury en-suite bathroom with chic fittings had extensive mirrors and amenities that indeed spoil the guest. Jacuzzi/shower with body jets…a Spa in the room. Robes, slippers, fine soaps and toiletries (the amazing Etro brand) all these give extra pampering to the guest. However, if you are out for more and pampering is what you are after you should by all means visit the real Spa.

The Spa: I advice not to leave the premises without having at least one treatment here. The high degree of personal attention is what you notice the moment you enter this amazing place and you are instantly in the hands of expert consultants. I had a facial treatment –I wish I could afford to have one or two more! The full body (55 min) massage costs 100 euros with the most expensive one –the Four Hand Signature massage (75 min) for 200. One of the most popular facial treatments is that of the Replenishing Anti-Aging (55 min) at 115, but there are cheaper ones like the Face Reviver (30 min) for 75 euros or the Eyelash, Eyebrow Tinting (25 min) for 45 euros! Of course there are several 1 and 6 day Package treatments starting from 250 up to 1.430 euros –a guarantee that you will be taken to heaven with all these! And finally after all this pampering spend time in the relaxing lounge of the Spa which has a touch of glamour and good taste. Sit back, close your eyes, take a deep breath and let your positive thoughts travel you.

Breakfast: The first meal of the day here at the Four Seasons at the Café Tropical is indeed sumptuous! It might be the richest, the best in quality, taste and presentation I had for years. It is breakfast for a diverse group of members as well as guests, so there is everything for everyone enough to fill you up till dinner. There were 4 or 5 different juices, (even champagne) –A paradise of cereals (Oat meal, Choco and Ice flakes, Fruit leaps, Muesli, Rice-crispies) with a variety of dry fruit. There is an amazing choice of homemade bread and cakes, rolls croissant, muffing, white/brown bread along with butter, jam, marmalade and honey, a variety of eggs, scrambled, savoury Omelettes, and all kinds of seasonal local and exotic fruit and dessert.

Premises: The stroll I had to the Adult-only section which I totally missed on my previous stay, reassured me that there is indeed no limit to luxury out here. This part of the premises is the very top of the tops and I envy the lucky ones who book to stay here. It was closed this time of year –I guess renovations are being made, so it is soon going to open again and be even more beautiful than before. The waterfall’s gurgling water flows in the river pool outside each of the lower studios next to lush exotic plants and there is a decking non-slip walkway at every individual Jacuzzi. The elements, sounds and colours out here definitely can travel the guest. I did not have the opportunity to see the interior of these suites and studios but with everything that I have described above, the reader can get the picture. I only wish that I have the opportunity to return and stay for a couple of days at one of these suites one day!

Gardens and Pool: The Koi tropic fish lagoon was not at its best this time of year, but it won’t be too long when it opens again. It is January and umbrellas, tables and chairs were piled up and covered but in 2 months from now this place will look like an earthly paradise once again. As for the pool, I never saw people out there but I did see several surfers one day at the beach. Contact the West Watersports of the hotel for more info.

Cafe Tropical: There is an a la carte menu daily out here and it is at this specific restaurant where breakfast is taken every morning. I have an extensive review on the cuisine of the Four Seasons on the “Restaurants at the Four Seasons Hotel” column on TA.

Wi Fi: No matter where you are in all public areas even out at the beach where the furthest boundary premises are, Wi Fi is complimentary to guests. There is however a small charge for more demanding downloads!

Location: It is not far from the city centre but it is very easy to get to it any time of day until late at night. There is a bus stop a few metres from the hotel. Bus #30 can drop you up to the Old port where the main stop is. They pass every 10 to 15 minutes and they are more frequent during summer. The fee is just one euro, but if you pay 3 you can use it for several trips during the day on any bus in the city.
Tip: With this same ticket get as far as the old port station, cross the road where the bus lets you down and get to the opposite bus stop. Get the bus that takes you up to the Old Hospital main station (or get there by taxi). With just another euro (two if you wish to return the same day) go as far as Platres resort, or take the other bus and get to the top square of Troodos. There are some nice trails to walk out there. Travel clever if you have the time….this is what I do when I visit Cyprus! Ask for more info from the hotel.

Conclusion: In all after the 3 nights I experienced here I believe it justly ranks first on the charts. It might not be a cheap hotel but it excels at service, glamour and luxury by far compared to other hotels so it deserves it. Overall, if you want to pamper yourself with authentic luxury this is the right place to be.

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Enjoy the Indulgence of Luxury !

by written on June 25, 2011

Four Seasons is indeed the home of luxury and privilege and over the years has established and proved that it is the finest hotel in Cyprus. On my last business trip to Limassol I spent 2 unforgettable nights here.
The hotel opened 18 years ago and people coming here should know that it is independently owned and operated and does not belong to the chain of the Four Seasons Hotels.
When you come here you feel as a VIP guest from the moment you enter the premises, -made to feel so special! I consider myself a real traveller and honestly speaking the services offered here are the very best I have ever experienced throughout my travelling across the world.

Each and every single member of the staff is multilingual and trained to the very high level and they will do their best to meet the needs of the guests. The management on the other hand seems to be doing an excellent job providing an ambience that guests will surely want to return. I had the chance to talk to several repeaters who talked very highly of this hotel and truly I felt sad the moment I had to leave the premises. I would surely want to return if ever given the chance.

I had a Superior very stylish Sea view room overlooking the beautiful gardens and the beach. The luxury en-suite bathroom with a Jacuzzi was really beautiful with much light coming in from the wall and ceiling alcoves. The extensive mirrors and amenities with the luxurious toiletries can easily spoil the guests.
I had a surprise indulgence with fruit in my room the first day and flowers brought to me the next. The bed was huge with an up and over bed head canopy which provided a creative and sophisticate centrepiece,-only wished I had more time to relax here.

Having many appointments outside the hotel I did not have the chance to have lunch or dinner this time so I cannot comment on this, however I can comment only on the breakfast which was beyond expectations!

If you appreciate fine art you will find a great collection of inspiring and breathtaking works of art and paintings. One such was by Thellos Petrides at the lobby area which attracted my attention upon arrival and made me go around one afternoon and marvel the whole collection of art which in reality is a very personal matter, but here one can find all genres of art to engage even the most difficult guest.

What can I say about the beautiful tropical gardens, the fire works that take place at the premises every Tuesday night, the Theme Nights and the evening entertainment with live music throughout the week! I was here 2 nights and yet I can say I did not see it all.
The blue local bus # 30 passes just outside the hotel every 10 to 15 minutes during the summer months, and probably every 20 during winter time. With just a euro you can get to the city centre for some sight-seeing and shopping. Take a 2 euro ticket for unlimited rides during the day.
Internet access is free in the lounge area, and I strongly recommend it to people of all ages. Booking directly through the hotel’s pages is preferable. I will dare visit it again in some months from now but no meetings outside this time, and because guests deserve the best at this hotel, I plan to enjoy every single minute spent here.

The only drawback I can find is that meals are expensive and a number of guests prefer the neighbouring restaurants. It would be preferable to book H/B in case you wish to eat at the hotel, yet I believe meals should be much cheaper so that guests won’t leave the premises searching for places to eat when they can perfectly do it at the hotel itself. Holidays can be spoiled if people have to search daily for other cheaper alternatives.

Nearby Four Seasons Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Limassol Travel Forum

Need advice about Limassol, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Limassol and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Limassol hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Ajax Hotel
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Limassol
Top Quality -Tasty food & Cypriot hospitality!
Restaurants
Traditional Open-Air fete - ' Panigiri '
A Delectable banquet
Restaurants
Exquisite Cuisines - Justly Deserve their Awards!
Restaurants
Undoubtedly Limassol’s Finest Fish Restaurant!
Excellent Japanese Restaurant
Restaurants
A must go while in Limassol ..!!!!
Restaurants
Excellent Value, Tasty Food, Nice Ambience!
Square Market
Municipal Market
Amathus Ruins
Kourion
Things to Do
Beer and burgers, Excellent crepes and ice-cream
Restaurants
Trendy & Popular, - Ideal for a Light Meal !
Restaurants
Excellent cuisine, Big portions, Value for money!
Restaurants
The New Italian Exec. Chef makes the Difference!
Restaurants
Greek Cuisine Presented with French Flair!
Restaurants
Dining with a Difference!
Restaurants
Sunday’s Marco Polo Not to be missed!
Governors beach
From Platres to Limassol daily routes for 2 euro
Great Location on the Beach
Adventure Park Sayious
Things to Do
City of Art Craft Market -Old Market.
Things to Do
Worth trying the cuisine here!
Traditional Cuisine
Intercity Buses
Transportation
An Elegant Cafe Restaurant!
An Interesting Souvenir shop