Old Limassol, Nicosia Road, PO Box 56560, Limassol, CY-3308, Cyprus

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Impeccable Service,The Highest Levels of Luxury!

During my stay in Limassol this time I stayed at the Le Meridien Spa & Resort for 2 nights, -a member of Starwood Hotels and Resorts. I was traveling on business and I was made welcome the moment I entered the resort. As a Professional Guide Writer and an Auditor I have much experience on hotels and what they should offer according to the stars they have and as always I read a few reviews before booking.

Before expanding to my review I need to let people know that if they are on the R.C.I. (time share plan) and are coming to the Le Meridien they should have in mind that although they might be able to use the hotel’s amenities, the studios are much behind the main building and they have nothing to do with the Le Meridien Management. These studios are a completely different Company. (I had the chance to get in one when I met a couple who invited me to their room for a cup of coffee).

Near the front entrance I noticed that there was always a pleasant scent in the air and I was informed that it is a custom scent LM01 developed exclusively for the Resort where this scent blends fragrances of frankincense, iris absolute, musk –while earthy notes vibrate around the central theme of cedar wood to create a round and enveloping scent that embodies the spirit of the Resort which lies on a 100.000 sq. meters of amazing lush gardens on the beach much away from the road.

It was amazing how although fully booked during my 3 day stay, yet offered the seclusion and privacy needed for a relaxing holiday. I honestly have not seen this in any other resort I visited. The highest standards of services are provided here and during my stay I came across many multilingual hotel professionals and staff most of them working with the Le Meridien from its first days of functioning. Repeaters keep coming back year after year and they are acquainted with the staff.

It is the only International 5-star hotel chain in Limassol providing luxury accommodation and at the same time a Spa and Wellness Resort. It is a family-friendly resort with probably the Best Kids Club on the island. I came across Mickey’s children’s restaurant decorated with bright colours and a happy atmosphere and I could not resist but enter to see only happy faces. A paradise and an oasis for children and parents who have a constant baby-sitter around! What a nice way to keep children busy and happy, supervised the whole day long and at the same time enjoy private moments of luxury and tranquility and still have your children around!

I had the Pool & Sea View room # 419 (41 sq. meters) overlooking the beautiful gardens and pools and the turquoise Mediterranean Sea. The room’s soft colours and modern amenities helped to make my stay relaxing and unforgettable. The bed was huge and comfortable with bright white linen. There was a huge mirror and a marble stand between the separate toilet room on one side and the bath-tub on the opposite. There were all sorts of toiletries of the Thalco and Elemis brands. The coffee facilities are always appreciated as well as the complimentary bottle of red wine and the platter of fruit.
    Breakfast was rich and adequate with anything one could imagine.
    Both nights I dined at the Le Vieux Village restaurant but I dropped by the Le Fleuri (all day dining buffet restaurant) to check with the quality and arrangement of food out of curiosity. I just tried a few to test and I found them delicious and nicely presented. There are 8 Restaurants and 5 Bars in all but don’t leave without dining even once at the Le Vieux village rustic open air restaurant where you will experience the true culture of Cyprus and enjoy traditional specialities and grilled dishes. You will be warmly welcomed by Sotiris and Sotiroula who will see that you have an unforgettable dinner. There is the option of choosing from the fresh fish display here as well so one of the two nights I chose to have this alternative -a happy surprise to me. I cannot find words to thank Sotiris and Sotiroula, Sue, Pavlos and George who were amazing and proved to be skillful and professionals.
    A number of staff members come from Europe but they are really friendly and I was told that they are given Greek lessons so they are learning to speak the language little by little.

The hotel is also popular with wedding venues, idyllically positioned on the beach for the perfect beach-front wedding, chapel wedding and honeymoon.
    Numerous accolades and awards have been received all these years due to the high levels of guest satisfaction. The Resort is also renowned for its award winning Spa, which is considered to be the very best on the entire island by the Conde Nast Traveller and I can assure of that as well. It is actually the Jewel of the Resort. The pure indulgence of Le Spa really reinvigorates the body and soul. I was impressed by the alluring décor, soothing waterfalls, mosaic tiled pools that create an inviting and tranquil ambiance in the unique Thalassotherapy Spa. Personally I had two Thalassotherary treatments of 75 min. each. It is a supervised programme that costs 82 euros each but there is a 30% discount if you are on H/B. It offers curative effects of mineral enriched seawater. It takes you to 4 outdoor pools or 3 indoor pools each with a different temperature and salinity content. Thalassotherapy induces relaxation and allows the body’s skeletal frame to relax completely whilst floating, - an ideal treatment for detoxification. The very last pool is equipped with water sprinkler systems and underwater hydro massage devices that relax unbelievably and invigorate the entire body. Stavros was supervising me the first day. He comes from Vouni and he gave me much info because it was my next destination.

The Resort is also ideal for business & Meetings and includes 10 spacious function rooms with natural daylight. WiFi connection is free in the lounge area, and there are numerous outdoor function spaces including an amphitheatre for gala, dinners, presentations and fashion shows. How can I forget the impeccable service and warm hospitality of the Le Meridien! I highly recommend it to families to couples and even newlyweds. The hotel’s lovely grounds, spacious and well kept garden areas and choice of pools with the adult quiet area makes it a paradise for the most demanding guests.

Just outside the Resort there is a bus stop and I find it ridiculous when people write that it is a hotel outside the city centre and advice people to get a taxi or have a hired car to drive them to the centre. This bus stop is actually the starting point of buses that take you to the city centre for just a euro. The Old Port stop is the most popular and central, but you can go as far as the New Port Main Station to pick the “InterCity” buses for the other cities. These blue buses are out every 10 or 13 minutes depending on the season. You can get a 3 euro ticket and go anywhere in Limassol using any bus for a whole day long! So don’t be misled by this.

I want to send a big “Thank You” to the hotel management and the professional staff that I came across. You see, I was expecting this Resort to be good, but it exceeded my expectations! I can’t wait to be back and savour extra tranquility and enjoy the indulgence of luxury that is provided here. In a nutshell – a great experience and I long to be back.

More about Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort

A honeymoon to remember at Le Meridien Limassol

by TripAdvisor Member Diala

We arrived to the Meridien Limassol on 1st week of october for our honeymoon & it was simply great ... & beyond all expectations! Spa is amazing, they offer great treatments & high statndard quality service. The best! Also, there is huge spaces, we enjoyed walking & discovering hidden nice places..Restaurants choices are excellent, a real pleasure...

Luxury Hotel...In Limassol

by navaros about Meridien Hotel

One of the Meridien chain 5 stares hotel.
I usually avoid from such luxury, and prefer to spend money on other wise travelling issues.
This time the accommodation were part of the deal, and I must admit.... I enjoyed it very much. The hotel offers all kind of spoiling, in addition to the nature beach ( Not that we have time to use them all...). The cuisine was swell, the rooms were more than comfortable, and service was excellent.
So, treat yourself, once in a while, in good high standards hotel!

Excellent Hotel for Families

by TripAdvisor Member Simi072

This hotel is excellent and truly deserves its 5 star status. It is luxurious and has something for all the family.

The food and service in all the restaurants (Cypriot, Italian, Japanese, Buffet and Posh one) was outstanding (I could go back time and time again because I loved the food so much). There was even a childrens restaurant called Mickey's which catered perfectly for our fussy 2 year old.

The childrens facilities were superb from providing dressing gowns for children in the rooms, a very very good kids club with excellent staff, large kids swimming pool and water slide, childrens entertainers through to a bowling alley on site and games/sports facilities.

The spa was the perfect escape from the children and there was also a good sized indoor swimming pool. The beach was not amazing but at least you could wander down for a walk.

We would highly recommend this hotel for those that have chldren but still want to enjoy the indulgence of a 5 star resort - perfect.

The best Spa in the world

by TripAdvisor Member ASIT

This is the first time I stay in this hotel and I certainly will return year after year. I stayed in a Jacuzzi Cabana room located in the Adults Only Royal Spa Wing of the hotel. It has its own Jacuzzi in the bedroom and a marble bathroom. No carpet, thanks god!! I hate carpet

Right from day one, I booked two treatments for me and two for my husband. Till the end of my two weeks stay. It was 22 treatments between both of us. You all must try the Chocolate treatment and the coconut float. And also their signature treatment. My husband loved the deep tissue massage.
This hotel has been nominated the best spa in the world and when one experiences it, they do understand why.

The service is excellent and the choice of restaurants is huge- 8 in total. The sushi restaurant is a must and the Enalia Fish restaurant as well as the Italia restaurant are also worth eating in. They all have a touch of class.

The facilities are outstanding, and the choice of swimming pools is huge. They have 16 swimming pools in their premises from a family pool to a quiet zone swimming pool, to a cave swimming pool to a salt water pool to a children’s pool… The grounds are just huge and the landscape is wow!!!!

The property is certainly very different to other 5 stars I visited in Cyprus and certainly much better. The huge but huge grounds, the privacy (which was a strong advantage when the hotel was full- I did not have to queue up for a sun bed from 7 am in the morning as I had to do in another 5 star hotels in Limassol), and the facilities are what make this hotel unique.

In le Meridien, you do not have the urge to leave the hotel. It is a city of its own, with its own restaurants, night clubs, bars, amphitheatre and sports grounds.

Simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member Carol92

I have stayed at this hotel many times and cannot find fault with it. The management have thought of everything and much, much more. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very clean as you would expect. The night service is great and the little chocolates on your pillow are a lovely touch. The rooms are air conditioned with individual room controls, satellite television, tea and coffee making facilities, direct-dial phone, safe, Internet connection, and minibar. There is also a safe in the room and you set your own combination.

There are different themed nights which offer something for everyone. Several more restaurants in the hotel cater for different styles of food -Japanese, Italian, Cypriot and Seafood. All extremely good. I love the breakfasts – there is so much choice.

In the evening there is an entertainments piazza with live shows, suitable for all the family.

Families are well catered for with Penguin Village, although my children are now too old to go!
A baby sitting service is also available in the evenings.

The swimming pools have lifeguards who are friendly and will help you with moving your sun bed or umbrella as the sun moves around. The main pool is great for families and the salt water pool is more quiet. There is also a pool for adults only - great if you want peace and quiet.

The thalassotherapy health spa is well worth a visit or even two as the treatments fabulous. They now also cater for the young teens. My two children really enjoyed the teenage massage.

Overall the service is excellent and the staff (all of them without exception) cannot do enough to help and assist. I can’t wait to return next year.

Free half board... best Family Hotel in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member hairy&bald

I booked in February 2006 for my holiday in September through a tour operator I received free half board because I made my booking early. That was a huge saving so I will do that again for summer 2007 but from now!! The hotel was fantastic, the best i've been to in a long time. My children had a fantastic time in their Penguin Village, which I must say is even better than Forte Village in Sardinia.

They have a crèche facility, and even a baby sitting department . The sports facilities are endless… They even have a football pitch and a bowling centre, and thirteen swimming pools.

The accommodation is very spacious... and it looks like they have refurbished their rooms with new beds, nice linen, duvet covers and a choice of pillows.

My children were happy, and so was I!! I spent all my days in their spa, which is one of the best ive ever seen. I recommend their signature treatment and thalasotherapy!

I recommend this hotel especially for families, it is certainly one of the best in Europe. I do recommend you book early because if you book in winter for a holiday in summer through a travel agency you will get half board for free everyday... on my trip that included a free meal for two in their amazing theme nights, which would save you a tidy sum... which you can spend in their spa!

Loved the spa and the waterfall pools.

by TripAdvisor Member cheekybaby

I arrived at Le Meridien in need of a relaxing and peaceful holiday, this is what i got! the service and the staff are excellent, the spa is incredible! i had an incredible time whilst staying there and will definately return.

Just the best relaxation and great service!

by TripAdvisor Member Maria_VZ

I've stayed in the hotel just one week ago in Jacuzzi Cabana room, which is perfect place to relax and spend time in tranquility! This room is also great for honeymooners and couples - bed next to jacuzzi is something!!! The hotel has amazing huge area as no other hotels in Cyprus, perfect food and also free dinners for all winter period! I've also tried SPA treatments and can say its the best way to relax and feel great :) For sure I will come there again!

Comments