Londa Hotel

Tags

Spa and Resort Business Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Hidden Gem in Limassol !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 25, 2011

After spending two wonderful nights at the Londa on a business trip in Limassol I feel I have to write what made me book here. Honestly speaking the fact that the general Manager Mr. Niemann replies to every single comment proves that he cares about the future of the hotel and his guests.
The hotel does not tell much when you see it from outside but it is just the opposite the moment you step in and surely deserves the awards it has received. The complete makeover in 2005 made it the first Design Boutique Hotel in Cyprus. I was surprised when all my Cypriot friends knew well where I was going and told me of its excellent reputation as one of the most popular spots - especially during weekends.

It combines the Italian boutique design of style with elegant clean lines, and I was happily surprised when I found touches of tradition of the local style, -the Cypriot handmade lace I noticed on the huge bed. I had a stylish sea-view suite overlooking the beautiful calm waters of the Mediterranean and what I truly enjoyed here was when I let the windows wide open the whole evening and slept with the sound of the waves and I opened my eyes again in the morning with the same sound. What an experience!!

My spotless suite was on the 4th floor overlooking the swimming pool and restaurant as well as the beautiful coast. It was huge and comfortable furnished to the highest standards. A spacious bathroom with a collection of Molton Brown toiletries –only I wished my room had a Jacuzzi instead to enjoy it more! I had some complementary fruit upon arrival brought in my room and later on a variety of dry fruit and a bottle of cold mineral water. I used a lot my espresso coffee machine during my stay.

I was out at a meeting the second day and later on I had a long walk taking photos for my guide on Limassol when I decided to walk through the beautiful old city and the Fruit Market area. I picked the #30 blue bus a few metres outside the hotel for just 2 euro (for unlimited rides during the day). When back I came off three bus stops before the hotel just to walk on the beach and take photos. I really cannot understand some people who write that they can find nothing in Limassol and urge people go to Paphos or Protaras. On the contrary Limassol is a popular destination and there is so much to see and do here. I find the location of the hotel unique. Traveling around by buses has become popular lately and taxi drivers are not too happy about it. When I reached the hotel I went straight to the beach restaurant where I had a refreshing fruit cocktail which was just what I needed.

I cannot find words to describe the professional service at the exquisite Caprice Restaurant that impressed me the very last night with its exceptional gourmet dishes.
I had a table on the deck outside the restaurant overlooking the beach and the whole moon rising out of the sea that evening! I enjoyed every single bite I had. Instead of dessert I finished my dinner with an asparagus salad which I enjoyed so much.

I don’t recommend this hotel to families with children. There is no children’s pool but people who choose this boutique hotel really come to relax and enjoy its serenity and exceptional cuisine. You find peace and quiet here, no children running around and the menu is unique for people who really enjoy good quality and healthy food.

In an attempt to find something negative I am obliged to mention that more businessmen will prefer to book here if there was a free Internet connection at least in the lounge area. One hour costs 4 euro, and 24 hours 10 euro starting to count from the moment you login until the following day, same time. I would surely want to return if I had the chance to do so but this time I would love to remain the whole time indoors and enjoy every minute spent here. My short stay was really exceptional.

Watch out for Stuffed Pears

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2006

We booked through Olympic holidays and paid GBP 650 per person for a weeks stay including flights in July 2006. Everything about this hotel is first class! Our room, 409, was a well proportioned "deluxe" room with a side sea view (although being towards the back of the hotel the view was more side than sea). The room itself though is pure style; modern in design with a large queen size bed, Molton Brown toiletries, robes, slippers, fluffy towels, soft linen, satellite TV and a great big cuddly soft toy on the bed in the shape of a pear to finish the room off - surreal but funky (see photo's). The bathroom is also well designed with dark wood, and a powerful shower which literally blasts the water out.

The pool area is far the best bit. If lounging around taking it easy is your thing (and it is mine) then this place is for you. A combination of sun loungers with luxurious mattresses or even thicker and funkier mattresses placed directly on the floor (surprisingly comfy) allow you to chill out all all-day. Large umbrellas erected by attentive staff ensure that nobody gets burnt in the mid-day sun. Even better is there is enough sun loungers for everyone so no early morning rush to bag your spot. Simply take your time, enjoy breakfast and you will be still spoilt for choice at gone 10.

Downsides: Admittedly hard to find. Minor, but the beach outside is very narrow and can get busy with guests from other hotels. A shame as the L'onda has a beautiful veranda overlooking the Med which can be quite noisy.

Upsides: Fantastic hotel, good location, amazing elegant room, very attentive staff, check out the galleries, make up your own mind and book up...

One site I have recently found while surfing is blaxidotcom. This contains around 30 pictures of the Londa Beach Hotel and a resort guide with photos of all the bars and restaurants - Excellent.

Unique Quality: Fantastic pool area, Great views from the breakfast room over the pool and onto the Med. Pure 5 star Luxury

Directions: Right in the middle of the tourist area of Limassol

Nearby Londa Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Limassol Travel Forum

Need advice about Limassol, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Limassol and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Limassol hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Louis Apollonia Beach Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Limassol
Top Quality -Tasty food & Cypriot hospitality!
Restaurants
Traditional Open-Air fete - ' Panigiri '
A Delectable banquet
Restaurants
Exquisite Cuisines - Justly Deserve their Awards!
Restaurants
Undoubtedly Limassol’s Finest Fish Restaurant!
Excellent Japanese Restaurant
Restaurants
A must go while in Limassol ..!!!!
Restaurants
Excellent Value, Tasty Food, Nice Ambience!
Square Market
Municipal Market
Amathus Ruins
Kourion
Things to Do
Beer and burgers, Excellent crepes and ice-cream
Restaurants
Trendy & Popular, - Ideal for a Light Meal !
Restaurants
Excellent cuisine, Big portions, Value for money!
Restaurants
The New Italian Exec. Chef makes the Difference!
Restaurants
Greek Cuisine Presented with French Flair!
Restaurants
Dining with a Difference!
Restaurants
Sunday’s Marco Polo Not to be missed!
Governors beach
Amathus Archaeological Site
Tropical Gardens of the Four Seasons
Authentic Traditional dishes - Cypriot hospitality
From Platres to Limassol daily routes for 2 euro
Great Location on the Beach
Adventure Park Sayious
Things to Do
City of Art Craft Market -Old Market.
Things to Do
Worth trying the cuisine here!
Traditional Cuisine
Intercity Buses
Transportation
An Elegant Cafe Restaurant!
An Interesting Souvenir shop