Limassol Hotels

Our Members Say

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel: Close to Perfection, Excellent Value!

I spent 4 days at the Royal Apollonia in Limassol on this last business trip I had in Cyprus. For decades the old Apollonia used to occupy a niche of its own, as the prime, year-round resort hotel. I was curious to experience its new full-scale renovation and rebirth, feel the difference and luckily I was not disappointed. Newly renovated the hotel has a completely new look, repeaters are thrilled seeing this amazing upgrading and it has become the perfect destination for both leisure and the business clientele.

CHECK-IN/ RECEPTION: Checking-in was smooth, swift and efficient. The welcoming drink with some Cypriot delicacies comes as a treat upon arrival and is always appreciated.

LOCATION: I would call it superb as it is located on the city’s most prime beachfront location, very close to the archaelolgical site of Amathus. It is only a 5 km drive for downtown and the Blue bus #30 stops outside the hotel every 20 minutes. Its central, seafront location along a secluded sandy beach with turquoise waters is the exclusive trademark of the hotel.

INTERIOR: A contemporary clean-line style, open space and simplicity are the words I can use to describe it. The interior has a pleasant atmosphere and distinguished comfort and its transformation is fascinating. There is plenty of room and seating in the lounge as well as a nice modern bar.

STAFF/MANAGEMENT: The staff of the reception were always discreet and polite and ready to help. I can admit that I experienced an unparalleled level of excellent service and it was nice to be back and see familiar faces and friends. Individuals are served in a unique way, so there is always a reason to be back. I noticed that both the staff and management work on the least detail for the comfort, taste and preference of each and every guest. I had made friends out here from my last stay but I doubled them with this last one.

WI FI: It is free in the lobby, but there is a small fee if you wish to have it in your room.

SUITE: The Suite I had was #111 a Deluxe Spa Room (26m2). It was stunning reflecting contemporary comfort. These kind of suites are ideal for couples that like to spread out, indoors and on the veranda. The suite was spacious with a king-size bed that offered an additional touch of luxury. The natural fabrics used to decorate the rooms reflect the colors of the Mediterranean and at the same time the amenities are tailored to the needs of today’s travelers.

The amazing with this suite was the remarkably large furnished balcony with a private outdoor Jacuzzi. It was so spacious that it could easily fit a small rotunda table with its chairs, plus two summer lounges.

I had a surprise indulgence of a bottle of champagne and a bowl of seasonal fruit as a treat the first day.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was simple and modern. The shower was good and there were plenty of towels which were changed daily. There was a full set of complimentary toiletries –Dental, Shaving and Vanity sets, a Sewing kit, a plastic cap, robe and slippers. Shampoo, Body and Bath lotion were the Libretto brand, and all these completed the perfect room.

POOL/KIDS AREA: The outside area is not the same any more. The pool has been extended, stretching now across the frontage above the secluded shore-line, while the indoor pool is also a nice surprise. There is a new bar and a separate area for kids to play close to the adults’ pool.

BREAKFAST: It is taken at Dionysos Restaurant that prides for its International and themed buffets. The choice here is extensive and there were plenty of normal/healthy option counters on hot/cold dishes which were enough to fill you up till dinner. Quality and ingredients are of excellent taste and there is anything you can think of. There is an open kitchen with a lady behind preparing savory omelets, pancakes and other delicacies. The terrace is big and the view from here is outstanding.
One of the nights I had my dinner out here. The themed night had to do with International cuisine. The variety was indeed plentiful and everything looked fine. Whatever I had was of excellent taste I can admit. Desserts were ample as well, some too sweet for me others were perfect. I had a bite of several out of curiosity and I can assure of their excellent taste. The service was impeccable and the staff professionals as well as discreet.

AKAKIKO: The Japanese Signature Restaurant of the hotel is truly outstanding. I had dinner twice during my stay out here and I have lost count as to the number of friends and relatives I have urged to visit it. The food was delicious, the service exceptional. I found top quality dishes, the atmosphere was what I expected and the wine I tried was fantastic. (I am writing a separate review for this restaurant shortly). Unfortunately I never had the chance to eat at the Cos’altro, the Italian restaurant because the days I was there it was closed. Friends though from Limassol who have been here told me that they are regular customers. The cuisine is excellent and urged me to try it the next time.

THE ROYAL SPA: It is totally new, and I highly recommend guests to try the “climatological room” of the SPA. It is called like this because it has the micro climate of the Dead Sea. You see, the natural conditions in this room are beneficial for the human health as they include sunlight, salt, water and its evaporation, unique circulation of the air, the aromatic atmosphere and other factors, make up a special micro climate which is necessary for health recovery. The therapist will tell you more, but don’t leave without trying it even for once. Personally I was curious to try it since I had never come across something similar before.

The second recommended treatment is the Classic Thai massage. My therapist Mariusz was incredible. By using his ‘magic hands’ he managed to release all my tension and allow energy flow freely. The technique involves gentle but firm pressure on the body focusing on stretching, thumbing and palming. The therapy is performed fully clothed on a mat on the floor and the therapist uses no oil but simply his own strength and expertise. The result I had was unbelievable!

IN ALL: I was impressed with the astounding service, the lovely food, the comfortable and well-designed rooms and the well-trained professional staff. The stay was exceptional only because these people made me feel like home. Thank you guys until we meet again….keep the good work up. You deserve the best.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 10, 2014

The Blue Mediterranean waters

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Library Hotel Wellness Retreat: Elegance and Comfort - The Gem of Kalavasos!

The Luxuriously furnished and Harmonious décor of the rooms, the Friendly staff and Excellent cuisine, were some of the reasons I wanted for a year now to go back to this hotel. I have included the Library among my favourite Hotels in Cyprus and I wanted so much to spend at least 2 nights here. Unfortunately the dates that suited me was fully booked so I decided to drop by even for a night since I was in the round area.
I was glad to see one or two familiar faces again. Svetlana was one of them and she really impressed me. I stood back and watched the way she would handle everything, so delicate with elegant manners and figure, a dashing young lady who has become professional and efficient in her post, with a constant smile and as always would look to the demands of the guests. Andrea is the other person I knew from my previous visit, working in the kitchen and I saw him for seconds –polite as always he dropped by to say hello.
There were new faces this time but in minutes we got acquainted with each other. There is a new chef now in the kitchen coming from Greece. It is Odysseas and he did not disappoint me at all with his authentic Greek cuisine. In fact I had some guests from Australia and because I spoke highly of the Library they dropped by to see me and joined me for dinner. They were curious to see this hotel and when they did they said that they will return for a relaxing break. Our dinner turned to be a feast and everything seemed to be perfect counting on the fresh ingredients, presentation and excellent taste. George is the other guy coming from Greece who seems to be responsible for the bar and kitchen. I found him efficient and very positive with the guests. Svetlana was off hours after I arrived to my disappointment, but she was replaced by Rafaella who was new to me but she was also caring and polite with the guests.
The hotel was nearly full and guests seemed to be enjoying the tranquillity of the place. It is a hotel mostly for couples and small groups of friends who come to spend a few relaxing days to unwind and recharge their batteries. The 19th century stone-built mansion is the gem of Kalavassos and it blends harmoniously with the environment. An atmosphere of elegance and comfort is what you get upon entering. On the right there is the unique Library Lounge with its open fireplace ideal for the cold winter nights, and the elegant Italian design furniture features a collection of different books that are available to guests –books that have to do with health, philosophy, nature and literature. I love taking my coffee there with the company of a nice book from the shelves.
I noticed a number of positive changes and loved the colours of the exterior walls, yellow, navy blue and the colour of brick blending harmoniously with the stoned-walls of the courtyard on the ground floor matching with the environment and the round area. The Spa treatments are now taken on the first floor opposite the suites and next to the new Conference room. The amazing interior of the Potamonde Spa adds to the relaxing atmosphere which is now in the hands of Jacqueline, the new Spa professional who besides body and facial treatments expertises on Baby Massages. Before having my massage I met three British ladies who had come all the way from Larnaca. It was a treat from one of the ladies and one of them kept saying that this experience was the best in her whole life. They had a snack before leaving and we had a long chat as well. They felt reborn and their skin was so soft and clean they kept saying after the 20’ mud therapy in the Rasul bath and the sauna. Their excitement was obvious! The ceremonial mud steam bath and the herbal steam (sweating bath) are free if you are staying in the hotel so with much pleasure I let myself relax and enjoyed the moment.
On my previous stay I spent 2 nights at the Borghes suite. This time I had the Constantinos Cavafis elegant suite on the opposite corner. Each of the 11 unique suites is named after famous poets, thinkers and writers and they are furnished with pieces of art and books related to each room theme. The ceilings are high and are covered in wood with ceiling fans but there is of course air conditioning. I am always happy when I find coffee facilities and a mini bar or an empty ice box to keep some water or fruit and these are provided here. I usually don’t bother with what mini bars include….but you never know! In this case it was a mini bar.
After a good night’s sleep the next morning I enjoyed a rich Breakfast Buffet with organic ingredients and healthy balanced meals. I appreciated the fresh thick orange juice and the aromatic coffee. I did not sit outside with the rest of the guests but preferred to sit inside the so beautifully decorated Mitos Restaurant where I could enjoy my breakfast better and more relaxed over the soft music that was all around the trendy atmosphere of the place.
I was so disappointed because I was leaving the next day but luckily I had the time to leave much later, at 4:00 pm as I was to be met by a cousin of mine who would drive me all the way to Paphos -my next destination. I am mostly moving around Cyprus using buses wanting to prove that this is possible in Cyprus because busses are prompt and very cheap. It was a holiday that day so buses were scarce. When I mentioned this to Odysseas he kindly offered to drop me to the meeting spot a few Kms from Kalavassos.
With much pleasure I noticed that there is a Free Wi Fi Internet connection, something that was missing the previous year. Children are not allowed in the premises since those who choose the Library really want to relax without the disturbance of cries and noise from children. It is like an oasis and I urge people to come and experience this even for a weekend or a short break. I am sure they will be back. I noticed that there are some Exclusive Spa All-Inclusive packages for weekend getaways which are really affordable. A lady was telling me that she is here because of these packages. To be honest I long to be back!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written June 14, 2012

My suite

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Vouni Lodge" Angelica House: Traditional Accommodation - Tranquillity!

I wanted to include one or two Traditional Country Houses in my Guides on this trip to Cyprus and decided to book at Vouni Lodge. I read that the village is small and very picturesque with beautiful cobblestone alleys that made me curious to visit for some photos. I always urge people visiting Cyprus to spend at least two or three days in Agro Hotels or Country Houses because here they can find the Authentic Cypriot, the Cypriot culture and taste the island’s warm hospitality of locals.
The “Real Cyprus” is found here in the beautiful countryside of the island and not out at the beach Resorts that are scattered all over the island.

The village of Vouni is accessible by bus from Limassol in case somebody is on budget and cannot afford to hire a car. Buses are very affordable in Cyprus, and I paid just One Euro to come here from Limassol. I took Bus #40 from opposite the Old Hospital and had a pleasant and interesting drive through other little villages (Kandou, Souni, Kyvides, Ayios Ambrosios). There is a smaller bus at Ayios Amvrosios that is waiting there and in seconds after I arrived with some others the driver drove us to Vouni! So, the access is very simple, the drivers were really helpful and talkative and seemed to know nearly all the people on the bus.

Because Vouni is very close to Limassol I can say it is ideally located for both country and beach lovers the year round.

It is nestled in the foothills of the Troodos range in the heart of the wine region. I loved my strolls in the picturesque village with quaint cobble-stone streets, the traditional old houses many of which date back to Venetian times, -houses with archways and courtyards full of colourful flowers with a stunning scenery all around. It is an ideal little village to come to, especially for people who are after a tranquil holiday to rest on the large terrace, to have breakfast under the olive tree of the garden in the morning sunshine and enjoy the view over the village and the mountains around.

The house “Vouni Lodge” is right at the entrance of the village. It is a two storey stone house built more than 200 years ago. Mrs. Helen Diomidous who is the owner has restored the building to its original splendour. I had one of the three separate one-bedroom apartments -the Vasilika which consisted of a separate bedroom apartment that can take 2 more persons (children mostly) in the large sitting area.

It is fully equipped with all the necessary amenities. The apartments are ideal for both summer and winter because they have central heating as well as a fire place.

One con I found out of my stay was the very unpleasant smell of mould coming from the carpet in the bedroom. I cannot say that the sleep I had was smooth. The carpet needs to be taken out to be washed and dry. I have already informed the owner so I am sure this has been taken into consideration. Otherwise, the stay was ok.

I met some very interesting people here by the way. It was the president ‘mouhtaris’ of the village Mr. Nikolas and Yiannos the secretary. Mr. Nikolas took me around to see the most interesting spots in the village and I want to thank him for this. Along with us we had one of the two couples who were staying at the Lodge as well.

There are three restaurants in the village but I had the chance to visit the two. The other one was closed.
It is “Takis Taverna”, popular with local dishes, and the Hellenic Traditional Cuisine “Orea Hellas” which I will write separately about each restaurant and which I highly recommend. I found authentic people here, amazing dishes, and real Cypriot hospitality!!
I visited the school with the president of the village Mr. Nikolas and I came across the youngest lady of the village who is Antonia who runs the school’s canteen. Antonia makes home-made rice puddings, mahalepi – a Cypriot delicacy, and serves snacks, coffee, soft drinks and beer. It was a clever idea and way to keep the beautiful school premises open. The view from the school is stunning. Usually when the village’s coffee shops close early in the afternoon, locals come here to watch TV and have some coffee or a snack before returning home.

There are activities and places of interest around. The stay here was satisfactory.

• Related to: Photography, Eco-Tourism, Seniors
  • Written June 12, 2012

The sitting room of Vasilica

Residence ROTI: Quality Accommodation-Noble Countrystyle premises

I spent two nights at the impressive residence “Roti” in Vasa. The residence stands out in the whole village with navy blue and white colours. Upon entering the premises one sees the huge piece of art the owner Mrs. Effie brought from Athens. It had been exhibited for a while at Constitution Square (Syntagma) but after the exhibition the owner bought it and ever since it stands like a guardian angel guarding the premises. It is about a huge heart in the colours of the Greek flag (blue and white) and next to it stands a young man wearing the traditional Greek costume like the ones the Greek soldiers wear in front of the Unknown Soldier in Athens. I consider it the landmark of the house and I believe the heart symbolizes the big friendly hearts of Greek people.

Where the new residence now stands, was the old house of Mr. Roti, the previous owner who passed away many years back. He used to be the carpenter of the village those years, and many years after his death the house was purchased by Mrs. Demetriou the new owner who restored the old building and tried to keep its original architecture and style.
Every piece of furniture found in the house decorates the owner’s residence now, and she kept the carpenter’s room on the ground floor with every single tool and accessory Mr. Roti had in his little workshop. It stands now as a little museum to honour this man and the new owner named the residence after the carpenter’s name.

I found the whole residence not only impressive but a quality accommodation in a tranquil location. The very old pieces of furniture found in the house were cleaned and polished thus creating a mysterious atmosphere of an old noble interior.

I however stayed in one of the three rented rooms on the ground floor. My room was spacious with a 4 poster bed next to a big wooden wardrobe. It was a furnished studio in all, with a sink and some cupboards with kitchen utensils. Of course I did not cook anything as my stay was so short but another reason was the taverna of the village “Pyrkos” where the food was so tasty with huge portions. I found that it was not worth spending time to cook but try the local village Cypriot cuisine. For guests who stay at these rented rooms, breakfast is served at this specific tavern.

The yard of the premises is in levels and covered throughout in stone. There are several flower beds and a number of clay decorative pots all over with an impressive stair leading to the main upstairs huge veranda of the owner’s residence. There are two or three umbrellas and small tables outside each rented room in the garden ideal for an afternoon cup of coffee. The swimming pool is decorated with huge clay vessels on all four corners. In all, the premises keep the traditional authentic style with one or two touches of modern times. In every trip I have in Cyprus I try to visit one or two Agro Hotels, and I highly recommend these rooms for a relaxing stay the year round.

Internet is free here, but I had a little difficulty to have access from my studio. There is however internet connection if you get outside in the garden. There is a TV set but there is not a choice of channels but I don’t believe this is a problem because nobody who comes here wants to stay indoors and watch the telly!!

Village people are unbelievably friendly and many of them helped me a lot with the guide I want to write about Vasa. The village is also very interesting with ancient chapels and two caves of native saints.

I truly want to return soon, but in the meantime I urge people to come here and feel this Human touch of Authentic village people. I consider the residence a gem in the village.

• Related to: Museum Visits, Eco-Tourism, Road Trip
  • Written October 22, 2011

Residence "Roti" in Vasa

Forest Park Hotel in Platres: Nature Lovers' hot spot for Exploring &Relaxation

As I start writing my comments about Forest Park I have a quick look on what other people wrote. I really cannot understand the nonsense of some people. I am sure there are those who write deliberately to harm the hotel. I am a guide writer and I am on the go most of the time. I visit different hotels very often. I believe the majority of people don’t know how to ask politely for something. For instance…yes there are no coffee or tea facilities in the room. I have politely asked for one and I was brought in my room in minutes.
I am reading complains about the management of the hotel, and out of my experience I found the most professional people here. The owner Mr. Hercules and his brother Antony who are the directors seem to know well their business.
Forest Park hotel is an imposing building with great history standing amidst 20 acres of forest and gardens. It is well preserved, and if you are a bit romantic you can imagine the late King Farouk of Egypt, and Princess Royal Mary of England staying here and Daphne du Maurier spending a whole month at the premises writing “Rebecca” ….these to mention a few! Many Arab Sheikhs used to come to this hotel in the late 80’s and early 90’s. The Forest Park Hotel is family run and under the personal supervision of the owners, now in their fourth generation. I spent 3 nights here on this visit, but many years ago when much younger I visited it again. This stay brought good and happy memories of the past!
Both my room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, very clean with many towels and toiletries. I surely appreciated the pre-filled water jar with cold water and the mini bar. There was a satellite TV… but who cares watching TV if in such a beautiful environment! My balcony was overlooking the beautiful gardens with the very high trees and lush vegetation with the swimming pool. I used to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun and hearing the birds singing. In May, Platres is full of nightingales and this was one of the reasons I am here. Breakfast was adequate and there was a variety of different things to choose from. I loved the idea of how they had halloumi in warm liquid (milk)? So, it looked like gum when you were chewing it. I only had dinner once at the premises which I enjoyed, because most of the time I am eating light and yoghurt will do for me in the evening. A treat I had from the owner Mr. Hercules was a glass of some fine very old 150 old Commandaria Cypriot wine. (see photo)
The hotel is ideal for people of all ages coming here to either relax, take long walks, cycle, ski, enjoy horse riding, climbing and in all, nature lovers. The Kalidonia and Millomeri Falls in Platres and the many other paths scattered all around the Troodos range are within a short distance. I used to walk a lot after breakfast covering a distance of at least 13 kms each day. In the evening the heated indoor swimming pool was the perfect place to exercise for another 1.30 minutes, making my stay here at this hotel unforgettable. I long to return again in winter with snow outside and me swimming in the indoor heated pool on the 2nd floor.
The only drawback which I have to mention is the fact that there is no free internet access. The card costs 2.5 euro for 30 minutes and the worst is that you have to sit in the lounge to do your work. In all, it was a pleasant 3 night stay, with much to see and do in the whole round area and in the hotel as well. I strongly recommend it, and I urge people to come here to relax and have fun.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining, Eco-Tourism
  • Written May 16, 2011

My bedroom

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Louis Apollonia Beach Hotel: An Amazing stay and an Excellent location!

I had to visit Limassol in May, and I decided to book two nights at the Apollonia Hotel. Although my room was not overlooking the pool and the beach, yet I took advantage of the good weather conditions and I was out enjoying long walks on the beautiful sandy beach that extends on both sides of the hotel. I was walking for miles every day, exercising and enjoying the beautiful Mediterranean climate of Cyprus when I was free. The room was spacious and very comfortable, and clean. The bathroom had

I cannot understand why some people wrote that this hotel is for more mature people. On the contrary, young people who enjoy sports and exercising will find this hotel ideal. Its location is superb, ideal for long walks and sports. Its small private sandy beach is really beautiful with a water sports centre, and motor boats. One can get down to the central shopping area with just a euro. With two euro you can have as many rides as you wish for a whole day. Every 10 minutes the blue bus # 30 passes just outside the hotel and you can be dropped to the main central shopping area in 10 minutes. This bus goes as far as the Old but also the New port of Limassol.

Back to the hotel again, and this time I want to write about the friendly and courteous
staff and management of this hotel. I am a person who loves getting acquainted with foreigners as I want to check how they feel about visiting Cyprus, and several of them told me that they keep coming back again and again each year, and also spoke highly of this specific hotel with much enthusiasm.

Breakfast was adequate. The food was of high standard with a variety of dishes each day and nicely presented. One drawback however was the fact that internet is not free here. It costs 5 euro an hour or 8.50 euro for 2 hours which I believe such a hotel should have internet for free.
I am not a person who would go out in a bar or very fond of nightlife, but the area the hotel is situated has plenty of bars and restaurants. Young people would love staying out here in this area which is popular for its nightlife.

In all, it was a great stay, and I would gladly come here again if I ever needed to visit Limassol again. I would strongly recommend it to people of all ages, and especially to those who love sports, having long walks on the beach and exercising. Older people of course would also love staying here

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written May 12, 2011

My bedroom at Apollonia

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Semiramis Hotel in Platres: “An Amazing stay in a Classic Hotel !”

Surrounded by a forest this beautiful hotel has a Classic style and gives you the impression that you are at home. The owners were really friendly. Mr. Iacovos looks after the hotel, and his son Agi is the owner of the Village tavern.
Centrally located in the heart of Platres, a superb family run hotel that you want to go there again and again.

There are different rooms small and much bigger, and even if I was given a small one it was cozy and comfortable and clean -besides most of the time I was out walking. Platres is not a place to sit in but be out in nature, walk next to the waterfall and listen to the gurgling of water and the singing of birds.

I noticed that there was not a coffee teapot in the room and I asked for one and I was immediately given. I was also given a clay pot with some cold fresh water to have next to my bed for the night because there is not an ice box in the room. There was an extra electric heater brought to my room because Iacovos told me that after 10:00pm the main central heating is off. That was very kind of him and it was not a problem at all.

The hotel’s main areas are nicely furnished and decorated. There was no buffet in the morning but you are asked what exactly you wish to have for breakfast and you are brought the moment you get in the dining room. I find this very clever because everything is fresh and prepared the moment you want it.

My balcony was overlooking the wood and the high pine trees. I could sit for hours out there just looking at the trees and listening to the birds. My stay was really short but I will arrange and spend more days on a next visit.
I highly recommend it, and I left with the best impressions and all positive thoughts.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written March 31, 2011

The Semiramis Hotel in Platres

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos Traditional House in Potamitissa: A Small Paradise,Tasty Food,Excellent Hospitality!

I spent 4 days at Ambelikos in March again, visiting it for a second time because it is a place for peace and quiet which is what I really needed.

This time I told Aki the manager about the one and only bad comments I read concerning Ambelikos from one reader commenting on the scrambled eggs and the trout and I wanted so much to check this out. There was another couple that day and we asked Aki to make some scrambled eggs for us. This time we had a big laugh because Aki informed me that from that day on his scrambled eggs are called “Aki’s scrambled eggs” and I can assure they were very tasty, and we all loved them.
As for the trout I cannot find words to describe the passion with which Aki was filling them with lemon slices, garlic and parsley. They were the best I have ever tasted without cream or silly sauces.
The small village of Potamitissa at this time of year was a paradise. The trees and plants in full blossom, wild orchids and violets on the banks of the river, and all guests taking long walks out in the country-side or short trips in the beautiful round area.

Aki is always present to advice or help his guests and what I observed all these 4 days out there was that he would always bring more and more extras to the guests to taste many of which for free. We had friendly chats and he was telling me that what he really wants is to please his guests….and he surely succeeds in doing this.

In the evening after dinner we would gather in the dining room and together with the other couple we would chat and enjoy some wine next to the fireplace, -a treat from the hotel mostly. Aki’s father would visit us for a game of backgammon after dinner. He played with one of the guests. It was great fun believe me. I felt like home with all this hospitality and kindness.

I have only the best memories from this hotel once again, and I recommend it to people who really need to be out in the nature and clean air. Potamitissa is a very small village, so don’t expect to find anything there, but I can assure that you can find everything you need in the hotel of Ambelikos.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 26, 2011
Tip Photo

A game of backgammon at Ambelikos by the fireplace

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos Traditional House in Potamitissa: An Exceptional Experience in an Ultimate Escape!

A friend of mine advised me to include this traditional house on my next trip to Cyprus and I never regretted it.
What I really got was beyond my expectations. I spent 3 days here.
The hotel reserves its distinctive character and I consider it a gem in this beautiful area high above the mountains of Limassol. I did not have time to do much though, although I had the chance to have a morning walk and come near a stream with very high trees in lush vegetation, wild violets, cyclamen and very old – over a century olive and carob trees scattered among the village’s orchards. This walk will never be forgotten.

Some of the most beautiful mountain villages like Platres, Agros, Pelendri and Lania are within a short distance. Fini, and Mesapotamos are two other beautiful villages not be missed.
The sentence that attracted me before booking was “A home away from home” which I found on the hotel’s homepage. I believe one has to experience all this as I find it hard to explain how I felt here. There is so much to see and do depending on your likes, plus the unique hospitality and the human touch I always look for in my trips.

I met Mr. Kyriakou the owner, and I was amazed seeing his passion when talking about his estate and when he showed me the different things he has been collecting for years scattered throughout the estate.
I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to come here either to relax, walk, ski or taste the remarkable cuisine of the hotel.
I am going back for sure very soon!

(I was here in January)

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Cycling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 25, 2011

My bed at Ambelikos

• Stroller profile photo Stroller
  • Reviews: 41

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Luxos Bed and Breakfast: Least expensive accomodation in Limassol

The least expensive accomodation in Limassol, in fact, in whole Cyprus, is an old fashioned tiny hotel in the old town of Limassol. I vaguely remember it's called Luxos Bed and Breakfast but I'm sure you can easily find it. It's right behind the Tourist Information Office (there's only one!) on the pedistrian street. Cyp 6 for one single room.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written September 9, 2005

• Yiannis2000 profile photo Yiannis2000
  • Reviews: 310

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Adonia Beach Hotel: Budget choice with style

Simple, nice, clean *** hotel with excellent seaview.

very friendly service, next to ancient Amathus site.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 14, 2004

Pool

• TheaIren profile photo TheaIren
  • Reviews: 446

Hotel Royal Courts Apartements...

Hotel Royal Courts Apartements - Other building of Hotel Atlantica Hotel
Unfortunately I can not tell You what are prices in there because I was lucky to have a very special price.

Hotelroom was spacious and comfortable with little
kitchenette corner. Hotel had actually two buildings -I stayed in apartments building what had a small pool. There was a big pool in the other house.

• Written September 8, 2002

• ThornGal profile photo ThornGal
  • Reviews: 25

I would recomend you stay near...

I would recomend you stay near the downtown , by the beach.

These hotels are a bit pricy, but they're worth it. The service is incredible and so are the rooms. I've stayed in Le Meridien and Mediterranean hotels. Both of them are of top quality. Mediterranean hotel is closer to the downtown and the clubs. Le Meridien was a bit isolated.

• Written August 26, 2002

• Sanneke profile photo Sanneke
  • Reviews: 6
Porto Paphos hotel: Porto Paphos hotel

Nice, clean little hotel with swimming pool and next to the sea; take a seaview room, its worth the extra money! You can choose between B&B or Halfboard; B&B will do, there's plenty of nice restaurants in the area.

• Written August 26, 2002