Lophos Hotels

Our Members Say

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1568

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lofou Agrovino: “The Real Authentic Cypriot Hospitality!”

I spent two nights at Agrovino studios. My studio was number 3 and it was amazing, cozy and comfortable. The en-suite facilities were of a high standard.

My studio had a washing machine and a big fridge. It was fully equipped for self catering, but I had no intention to cook inside. In my private courtyard there were two studios but I was just on my own the days of my stay. The studio had the traditional Cypriot décor with a comfortable bed, a sitting room and kitchen all in one.
The walls were all made of stone, and the colours of the whole interior décor were natural and so warm.

Costa the owner has the tarvern of the village which is usually closed on Mondays, but he always opens at night if he has guests in his studios. There was no other tavern open for lunch and I did not find even a bakery to buy something during the day. It was a bit difficult for me, but in the evening the tavern was open for the people staying in the studios so it was fine as there was a variety of dishes to choose from, all tasty and fresh. Costa told me that the products are mainly from the family’s garden.

There is no internet access in the studios, but there is the Agrovino Coffee shop where people who need internet access can go there instead. I was disappointed though because it was a Monday and this was closed as well.

The owner Mr. Costa Violaris is an excellent host and a very good cook himself. I saw a certificate on the wall from the Cyprus Tourism Organization for his excellent Cypriot cuisine valid till the 20th November 2008. It is a family run business and I strongly recommend a visit to Agrovino hotel to people who want to get a taste of the real Cypriot culture.

• Opinion of Price: about average