Troodos Hotels

Our Members Say

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Irene's House: A Dreamy stay, Excellent Location!

I recently spent two nights at Irene’s House going out with my sister the last two days before flying back home. It was an unexpected trip actually.

The first time I heard about it was a year back from some close friends who got so excited from their stay that they thought I need to know. I only decided to go however, only after my niece told me that they spent 4 dreamy days with her fiancé at this house a month ago.

So, with my sister insisting on going, and covering for me the accommodation we made it there and we were not at all disappointed.

Irene’s House is located right in the centre of the old and very popular neighborhood of ‘Palia Kakopteria’. Only if you experience this feeling in the real old neighbourhood you can understand the significance of this village.

VILLAGE/FEELINGS: Kakopetria is both a poem and a painting. The village itself is like a beautiful painting with its ceramic coloured roofs of its old houses and its many orchards and poplars dressed in green, yellow or red. This was the feeling I had every time I was sitting outside the little tiny balcony of the house.

LIVING ROOM/KITCHEN: The wooden staircase leads to a comfortable traditionally furnished interior with wooden-beamed ceilings. The living room has a pleasant sitting area and it is one piece with the kitchen. The house provides a well-equipped kitchenette with a refrigerator, a washing machine, a microwave and an electric kettle.
There is a fireplace by the corner and an LCD Plasma TV. The other one is in the bedroom. There is central heating installation for the very cold winter days as well. The two tiny balconies one in the kitchen and the other next to the bedroom overlook the river and the Troodos Mountain.

The couple who own the house are fussy with cleanliness and this is highly appreciated. We arrived a bit earlier so we had a treat of a cup of coffee at the living room. The house was impeccably clean but suddenly I noticed that Michali had all plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans out and as we were chatting he was washing, drying and putting everything back in its place before handing us the keys.
I was really surprised and asked the reason. Michalis told us that every time somebody leaves, everything is washed and placed back to the cupboards before the new residents arrive. This is something you scarcely see it happening isn’t it?

The entire house is nicely decorated, fully air conditioned, and equipped well to meet the needs of demanding guests. It is split in two levels and right in the centre of the bedroom an old 4 poster metal canopy bed dominates the room.

BATHROOM: A Spa bathroom, not that large but beautifully decorated, with a corner Jacuzzi, candles, slippers, toiletries and clean fresh towels.

WI FI: Internet access is free.

TIP: 1) The house can easily accommodate 4 guests. In a similar case, the 4th guest can be accommodated at an extra bed. 2) Logs for the fireplace are provided free of charge only on the first night. Guests will be charged from then on for the rest of the nights if they need it.
3)In short proximity there is a free parking lot available, a Supermarket for the daily necessities and very close and around the central Square there are shops, tavernas, a Bank and several Coffee shops.

IN ALL: The stay here is totally different from staying in hotels or hotel apartments. Private with much peace and quiet we relaxed and filled our batteries. I believe people visiting Kakopetria should know about the existence of this traditional guest house. I highly recommend it for all the above reasons. Stalo and Michali are excellent hosts and the house has a nice positive energy throughout. I would really love to return but this time I want to come here in winter.

• Related to: Photography, Eco-Tourism, Seniors
  • Written April 15, 2014

The bedroom

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casale Panayiotis Traditional Village: A “Small village” in the Village”-Earthly PARADISE

My stay at the Casale can be described as a dreamy experience. On every trip to Cyprus I try to include one or two Agro-Hotels in my Guides and this time I grabbed the opportunity since I was in Nicosia staying at the Hilton to visit it for 3 nights. It is only an hour’s drive from the city centre by car.

STAFF: I cannot say that all are professionals, but the majority is. One or two are learning to become… I found them friendly and attentive. Paulina is a passionate manageress, -the heart of the business, unbelievably capable, loyal, and hard-working. She is very co-operative with everyone, always with a good word and a smile.
Well, what is Casale like? It is like a “small village” in the picturesque Village of Kalopanayiotis, located on the foothills of Troodos. At Casale it is possible to have neighbours local people…isn’t this wonderful? The ‘unit’ as I call it, overlooks the cliff and lies above the river Setrahos. You will love it no matter what season you come up here. It was autumn when I came to Kalopanayiotis 2 years back and it was just as magic as it is now in January. Of course it is a complete different picture and feeling but the beauty is a fact!

LOCATION:The setting is exquisite, quiet and calm mountain view perfect for retreats, business meetings, corporate events and honeymoons. The Casale is situated among other buildings in a traditional Cyprus village setting overlooking the historic monastery of St. Ioannis Lambadistis. You certainly need a car out here although I went by bus myself and it cost just one euro from Nicosia. Get the bus from “Kolokasi Bus Station” The bus will drop you off outside the Bank of Cyprus in Kalopanayiotis and you have to walk all the way down the steep road for less than half a km to Casale.
The place is still expanding and with the progress of work it gets more and more beautiful. With the completion of the sulphur springs Spa, shortly the place will be turned into an earthly paradise. Kalopanayiotis is known for its sulphur springs and the gurgling of the river below the property can be heard all over this dreamy place. For tourists this spot out here will give a taste of the real Cyprus and I find it to be the perfect getaway for anyone.
Casale is not simply an Agro-hotel. It is like a small cultural village in reality and this is what makes it so different, unique and very special. The accommodation is sited in 6 independent traditional houses each one different from the other. Some have fireplaces, others don’t but each has a unique character and different facilities. They are the Maratho, Troullino, Eliako, Byzantino, Laouri and Kastri -18 in all, -rooms and suites.

TROULLINO: I stayed at Troullino, one of the three independent traditional guesthouses. Mine was the one on the ground floor….no balcony but directly set in the garden. The concept of the different rooms scattered in the 3 different houses of Troullino makes you feel more at home. Troullino’s cobblestone charming courtyard was fully equipped with stylish white bamboo garden facilities which were adding to the serenity.

ROOM: My superior studio actually used to be a stable 100 years back, and the entrance door might even be the authentic one from those days. The interior after renovation is charming with a combination of rustic, rococo and shaker style pieces of furniture on a small scale,-very tastefully done. A blend of modern comfort is combined with some original features creating the traditional feeling and an apparent quality.
The windows have the original old wooden shutters but inside they are nicely decorated with traditional hand-made lace curtains, beautiful linen, a nice comfortable bed with wood carvings, while beautiful lamp-shades decorate the ceiling. Equipped with kitchenette and a small fridge with very little crockery –for a snack though and not to fix a meal. The room indeed has that exquisite quality and character I am after. Through my travelling I try to spot some really nice traditional accommodations but this exceeds by far any other I have come across so far.
A big bowl of seasonal fruit -many of it coming from the owner’s farm and orchards, and a bottle of “Soufas” red wine, coming from Paphos winery were indeed a nice gesture and highly appreciated.

BATHROOM: Top line at every aspect. Light and space is what I am after in a bathroom besides anything else and here there was ample of both. Bright white towels/ slippers/robes/ magnifying mirror/ tissue kit and toiletries were placed on the right hand wooden shelf stand. The hotel is using the German products “Pure Herbs” which I happen to know well for their excellent quality and texture. I could never imagine that I would find them out here! All these are enough to pamper the guest but for more I recommend that you visit the Spa.

SPA: An old traditional stone-built homestead has been turned into an amazing SPA combining modern furnishings with tradition. The relaxing lounge of the Spa is something I am not going to describe….only to make you go there. It is the perfect place to unwind, indulge and relax in the light of candles and soft music. You can take your tea out there, sit back and start making only positive thoughts. It is very different to what I have ever come across.
The Spa has lined up several tempting cost-saver propositions for its guests who appreciate the benefits of top-to-toe treatments for beauty and wellbeing. I can speak highly of the couple Desi and Tom Cheva. They are truly professional experts. I recommend the Li’tya Mirri, an Aboriginal inspired pressure point facial massage that helps to relieve stress and tension whilst a scalp and shoulder massage clears the mind. The therapy lasts 45 min –Cost is only 45 euro. I had a combination of Full body relaxing and Deep tissue massages. The first one costs 50 euros while the second one 55. They last 60 minutes each. Tomy is the top of tops on the massage and the price is unbelievably logical. Tommy can spot the pain and works on that specific area to relieve deep seated tension from the muscles. If you plan staying at the Casale, be sure to pre-book your treatments along with your booking.

BREAKFAST: I have never before been served such good quality traditional breakfast, so tasty along with a smile! You will surely feel the Cypriot hospitality out here. For me when I am out at a restaurant it is not the quantity that counts but the quality and the way food is served. Don’t expect a long buffet. On the contrary, I felt a personal touch of service and this counts for me more. Here the guest feels at home and I honestly felt that.
I tried some amazing halloumi (Cypriot cheese) a very tasty sausage and had a fried egg. There were two different pies that were outstanding. What a treat! The guest can taste several home made jams, marmalades, and cakes! I cannot find words to thank Mrs. Antigoni -an asset to the business. She was kind enough to offer to drive me along in her car to the farmhouse where I had the chance to have a stroll and see the platform where guests can go for rod fishing. Guests can taste the fruit directly from the trees of the orchards.

RESTAURANT: Beautifully decorated with soft colours and taste Byzantino is a unique spot for Traditional Cypriot dishes ideal for intimate evenings with friends. There is a fireplace for the cold winter days/nights, but guests can also dine outside at the balcony, -weather permitting. Imagine dining on the wooden balcony while listening to the sound of the water in the river flowing right below.
I highly recommend the ‘meze’. I counted more than 16 different plates and Maria who is the cook told me that ingredients are fresh and sourced from local producers with many coming from the farm and orchard of the owners as well. Try the grilled haloumi topped with fig marmalade. It is heavenly and it was included in the meze, but also the Lamp’s Ankle, or the amazing recipe of ‘koupepia’ that reminded me of my grandmother’s recipe. The Cypriot sausage was also outstanding and ‘pastitsio’ was exceptional. Try ‘purgouri’ with kebab. It is a traditional dish nicely cooked by Maria.
The grilled salmon I had the next day was cooked to perfection. The trout is also another signature dish of the restaurant worth trying. If you are here for only one night, undoubtedly ask for meze. Manoli will help you choose the appropriate wine to match your meal. He is a great guy, very attentive and a professional. Some are typical dishes but they are presented with creativity and inspiration. Do not leave without trying the mouth watering home-made traditional spoon sweets. They are unbeatable! Portions are big and I found prices reasonable.
Wi Fi: Internet is fast in the room and it costs 5 euros for 2 hours, 15 for 24, but the guest can have it for free at the coffee shop ‘kafenio’ and the guest lounge.

CULTURAL CENTRE: It has a touch of glamour and elegance and serves as a conference and cultural centre. It is a spot that will travel you.

TIPS: Take the nearby trail and get to the Monastery of St. John Lambadistis –a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Explore the local surroundings on a nature trail featuring natural healing spa waters, medieval stone bridges and a traditional watermill.
Enjoy fishing in the village dam or participate in village and country farm activities.
Go for skiing, or take a ride to the slopes of Troodos.
Visit the Monastery of Kykkos.
The other alternative is to simply relax in the beautiful environment of the Casale.

In all it was an amazing trip and experience. I met lovely people, left behind friends, felt the authentic Cypriot hospitality and I can’t wait to be back when the Spa swimming pool will be finished. Thank you guys and do keep the good work up. I have missed you all already!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written February 11, 2013

Interior -Superior studio #12 - Troullino

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Semiramis Hotel: Great Accommodation, Amazing Hospitality!

Semiramis is a nice Guest House. I have come here two more times in the past.
It is open the year round and the owners are nice people.

Interior: A welcoming ambience, simplicity, nicely decorated clean rooms. Lovely garden and terrace with beautiful surroundings.

Negative: No ice box or fridge in the room, although there is a TV set.

ROOM: I had room #4 this time. Simplicity in the room, and a double comfortable bed. The window overlooked the high pine trees.

BATHROOM: Low ceiling that looked like an attic but it was cute and nice.

BREAKFAST: Greek haloumi cheese, lountza, a fried egg, marmalade, honey and coffee. For the first time I had the chance to have my breakfast out in the terrace.

When you come to Platres don’t miss the KALIDONIA TRAIL. It is an easy and pleasant 2 km walk.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Birdwatching, Eco-Tourism
  • Written June 13, 2012

Semiramis

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Vouni Lodge" Angelica House: Traditional Accomodation, Tranquillity!

I wanted to include one or two Traditional Country Houses in my Guides on this trip to Cyprus and decided to book at Vouni Lodge. I read that the village is small and very picturesque with beautiful cobblestone alleys that made me curious to visit for some photos. I always urge people visiting Cyprus to spend at least two or three days in Agro Hotels or Country Houses because here they can find the Authentic Cypriot, the Cypriot culture and taste the island’s warm hospitality of locals.

The “Real Cyprus” is found here in the beautiful countryside of the island and not out at the beach Resorts that are scattered all over the island.

The village of Vouni is accessible by bus from Limassol in case somebody is on budget and cannot afford to hire a car. Buses are very affordable in Cyprus, and I paid just One Euro to come here from Limassol. I took Bus #40 from opposite the Old Hospital and had a pleasant and interesting drive through other little villages (Kandou, Souni, Kyvides, Ayios Ambrosios). There is a smaller bus at Ayios Amvrosios that is waiting there and in seconds after I arrived with some others the driver drove us to Vouni! So, the access is very simple, the drivers were really helpful and talkative and seemed to know nearly all the people on the bus. Because Vouni is very close to Limassol I can say it is ideally located for both country and beach lovers the whole year round.

It is nestled in the foothills of the Troodos range in the heart of the wine region. I loved my strolls in the picturesque village with quaint cobble-stone streets, the traditional old houses many of which date back to Venetian times, -houses with archways and courtyards full of colourful flowers with a stunning scenery all around. It is an ideal little village to come to, especially for people who are after a tranquil holiday to rest on the large terrace, to have breakfast under the olive tree of the garden in the morning sunshine and enjoy the view over the village and the mountains around.

The house “Vouni Lodge” is right at the entrance of the village. It is a two storey stone house built more than 200 years ago. Mrs. Helen Diomidous who is the owner has restored the building to its original splendour. I had one of the three separate one-bedroom apartments -the Vasilika which consisted of a separate bedroom apartment that can take 2 more persons (children mostly) in the large sitting area.
It was fully equipped with all the necessary amenities. The apartments are ideal for both summer and winter because they have central heating as well as a fire place.

I met some very interesting people here by the way. It was the president ‘mouhtaris’ of the village Mr. Nikolas and Yiannos the secretary. Mr. Nikolas took me around to see the most interesting spots in the village and I want to thank him for this. Along with us we had one of the two couples who were staying at the Lodge as well.
There are three restaurants in the village but I had the chance to visit the two. The other one was closed.
It is “Takis Taverna”, popular with local dishes, and the Hellenic Traditional Cuisine “Orea Hellas” which I will write separately about each restaurant and which I highly recommend. I found authentic people here, amazing dishes, and real Cypriot hospitality!

I visited the school with the president of the village Mr. Nikolas and I came across the youngest lady of the village who is Antonia who runs the school’s canteen. Antonia makes home-made rice puddings, mahalepi – a Cypriot delicacy, and serves snacks, coffee, soft drinks and beer. It was a clever idea and way to keep the beautiful school premises open. The view from the school is stunning. Usually when the village’s coffee shops close early in the afternoon, locals come here to watch TV and have some coffee or a snack before returning home.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written June 12, 2012
Tip Photo

Vasilica apartment where I stayed at.

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos Traditional House- Potamitissa: Unique Spot for Exploring-Bird watchers' favorite!

I have visited Ambelikos Agrohotel two more times since my last review on TripAdvisor, both in March and again in May. This time I was with a group of 8 friends from Greece for 6 nights.

The location is superb and as it is high up in the Troodos range, so centrally located towards all four sides around the range, we found it a unique spot to start our exploring from Potamitissa towards several attractions, ancient churches and picturesque little villages, not excluding several wineries. My friends were amazed with the beauty of the surroundings -coming here for the first time. The village of Potamitissa is really small and there is not much you can do here, but what excited them was the fact that we would set out early each day and return late in the afternoon from the different nearby walking trails or the beautiful villages like Laneia, Trimiklini, Agros, Pelendri, Omodos, Kykkos Monastery and Platres resort and even on the other side of the Troodos range, the beautiful villages of Kakopetria, Kalopanayiotis, and Pedoulas. All these are within a short distance and Ambelikos is the unique spot for daily trips. The best of all is that it is not more than 45 minute drive from Limassol,and Nicosia.

We were flexible with meals, and we arranged each morning what we wanted for dinner and the time we wished to dine. One or two times Aki would sit with us offering us a glass of wine and recommending places to visit the following day. His suggestions were greatly appreciated because he knows the area well.

The nearby short walking path becomes more and more beautiful every time I come here depending on the season. The singing and twittering of birds and the gurgling waters in the river that passes through the village of Potamitissa makes the stay here unforgettable. From dawn till late at night you can hear the birds and the river below.
Honestly speaking I picked to visit Ambelikos in May because of the nightingales and my friends decided to follow.

We had 6 different rooms, each one with a different character and style. To be honest I could not easily decide what to choose. Ambelikos is a hidden gem indeed and I consider it a perfect retreat for nature lovers, artists, cyclists, skiers (depending on the season) and in all, the perfect spot for both exploring, and relaxation.
This charming boutique-like hotel gave us the chance to fill our batteries. Our stay was a breathe of fresh air indeed, and I felt happy that my friends and I had a wonderful time away from the big commercial chain hotels….lost in this small natural paradise we felt sad that we had to leave.

I just returned from this beautiful hotel two days ago, and I have already booked to visit it again in June when I will be in Cyprus again.

• Related to: Cycling, Hiking and Walking, Birdwatching
  • Written May 12, 2011
Tip Photo

My bedroom on the first floor this time!

Forest Park Hotel in Platres: Nature Lovers' Spot for Exploring and Relaxation

As I start writing my comments about Forest Park I have a quick look on what other people wrote. I really cannot understand the nonsense of some people. I am sure there are those who write deliberately to harm the hotel. I am a guide writer and I am on the go most of the time. I visit different hotels very often. I believe the majority of people don’t know how to ask politely for something. For instance…yes there are no coffee or tea facilities in the room. I have politely asked for one and I was brought in my room in minutes.

I am reading complains about the management of the hotel, and out of my experience I found the most professional people here. The owner Mr. Hercules and his brother Antony who are the directors seem to know well their business.

Forest Park hotel is an imposing building with great history standing amidst 20 acres of forest and gardens. It is well preserved, and if you are a bit romantic you can imagine the late King Farouk of Egypt, and Princess Royal Mary of England staying here and Daphne du Maurier spending a whole month at the premises writing “Rebecca” ….these to mention a few! Many Arab Sheikhs used to come to this hotel in the late 80’s and early 90’s. The Forest Park Hotel is family run and under the personal supervision of the owners, now in their fourth generation. I spent 3 nights here on this visit, but many years ago when much younger I visited it again. This stay brought good and happy memories of the past!

Both my room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, very clean with many towels and toiletries. I surely appreciated the pre-filled water jar with cold water and the mini bar. There was a satellite TV… but who cares watching TV if in such a beautiful environment! My balcony was overlooking the beautiful gardens with the very high trees and lush vegetation with the swimming pool. I used to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun and hearing the birds singing. In May, Platres is full of nightingales and this was one of the reasons I am here. Breakfast was adequate and there was a variety of different things to choose from. I loved the idea of how they had halloumi in warm liquid (milk)? So, it looked like gum when you were chewing it. I only had dinner once at the premises which I enjoyed, because most of the time I am eating light and yoghurt will do for me in the evening. A treat I had from the owner Mr. Hercules was a glass of some fine very old 150 old Commandaria Cypriot wine. (see photo)

The hotel is ideal for people of all ages coming here to either relax, take long walks, cycle, ski, enjoy horse riding, climbing and in all, nature lovers. The Kalidonia and Millomeri Falls in Platres and the many other paths scattered all around the Troodos range are within a short distance. I used to walk a lot after breakfast covering a distance of at least 13 kms each day. In the evening the heated indoor swimming pool was the perfect place to exercise for another 1.30 minutes, making my stay here at this hotel unforgettable. I long to return again in winter with snow outside and me swimming in the indoor heated pool on the 2nd floor.

The only drawback which I have to mention is the fact that there is no free internet access. The card costs 2.5 euro for 30 minutes and the worst is that you have to sit in the lounge to do your work. In all, it was a pleasant 3 night stay, with much to see and do in the whole round area and in the hotel as well. I strongly recommend it, and I urge people to come here to relax and have fun.

• Related to: Skiing and Boarding, Cycling, Photography
  • Written May 12, 2011

The garden entrance of the Forest Park Hotel

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

'Lofou Agrovino": “The Real Authentic Cypriot Hospitality!”

I spent two nights at Agrovino studios 4 years back.
I had studio #3 which was cozy and quite comforatble.

Traditional Cypriot architecture, (stone structured) included a washing machine and fridge. Bedroom and kitchen in one room. The room had stone floors and quite dated furniture.

The owner has the tarvern which is usually closed on Mondays, but he always opens at night if he has guests in his studios.

The negative was that there was no other tavern open for lunch the next day and I did not find even a bakery to buy something during the day. I remained starving.
This was akward for me and I had to wait until the evening when the tavern opens again if there are guests staying in the rooms. The food of the restaurant is good and portions are big. (Cypriot cuisine)

No Wi Fi in the studios, but there is the Agrovino Coffee shop where people who need internet access can go there. Since it was a Monday, the cafe was also closed so I could not do my work on the net and check urgent emails.

On the whole, the owners are nice people, they have every intention to please their guests but they are not professionals at all.

• Related to: Cycling, Eco-Tourism, Hiking and Walking
  • Written March 31, 2011

The entrance of Agrovino apartment

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Olga's Katoi" in Kalopanayiotis: Closed its Doors at the Moment!

2 years back when I was at this village I dropped by to greet the owners. I was staying at the other hotel of the village 'Casale'. The couple invited me to join them for lunch that day. I did join them and felt the authentic hospitality of Cypriots, but when I asked them about their business I was informed that the hotel will REMAIN CLOSED and they will let me know when they have it open again. They were renovating that time, but it still remains closed ever since.

I spent 2 nights here several years back. From the very first moment I arrived the landlords Mrs. Agni and Dinos Papaioannou made my stay exceptional. I have never met such hospitable people, a couple whose only abstraction is to make their visitors feel comfortable, like home.

My room had a panoramic view from its huge verandah , overlooking the Marathasa Valley. It was as if I was standing in front of a painting!
I felt the Traditional human touch of Authentic Cypriots two people I will never forget. Mrs. Agni wants to please her guests, and I had the chance to taste the real Cypriot cuisine here.

This traditional house surrounded with this natural beauty is unique for relaxation, for outdoor excursions, for people who want to feel the warmth of the Cypriot hospitality.
I however, have noticed one or two cons which I owe to mention. I could have stayed longer if I just had an internet access but I was told that very soon this will be arranged. A need of small refrigerator is a must in the room.
The main house consists of a huge sitting room where guests can gather around the fireplace during winter, listen to music or watch TV. There is no tv set in the rooms but people who come here surely don’t bother watching tv since there are other more interesting things to do here.

The price for each bed is 35 euros including a rich breakfast which I find very reasonable. Agni is a specialist in the Cypriot cuisine. She can cook for you anything you ask.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, Budget Travel
  • Written March 31, 2011

Olga's Katoi in Kalopanayiotis

• iggypop1965 profile photo iggypop1965
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Acorn Villa: The best accommodation I have stayed in Cyprus.

We stayed at Acorn Villa last month, it's a 3 bed villa in Lania ,Limassol, on the foothills of the Troodos mountains.
We loved having the house to ourselves and having the breakfast things ready for us when we arrived, all the tea /coffee /cereals /orange juice and breads, there's a kitchenette with kettle / toaster /fridge and microwave (no cooker though)and all the crockery. plenty for what we needed, as we ate out everynight at the local tavernas.
The 4 poster bed was a great plus, and the views from the villa are fantastic.
It is very peaceful and private,and was the holiday I was looking for, close enough if we wanted to go to any other towns and beach yet in the tranquil surrounds of the Troodos.
A few minutes to Trimikilini village which as a fantastic bakery and supermarket.
Lania also as a taverna / cafe and a coffee shop , museums, winery, olive press,a treat to step back in time, and quite popular with tourists.
I would definately recommend to anyone, it's prices are unbeatable, we paid 300 Euros for 1 week and that was including breakfast things and drinks. and because there were 4 of us , we would have had to book 2 rooms, so we saved a few 100 on this alone.
Ideal for walkers / nature lovers/ touring around the island .
I feel as though I've seen the real side of Cyprus on this holiday.

The views are the best I've had in accommodaton in Cyprus.
The rooms are spacious, and the lounge has windows facing south /west /north.
Very clean .
Loved sitting out on the garden swing to watch the sun set.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Wine Tasting, Family Travel
  • Written June 9, 2010

Acorn Villa

• nikki-the profile photo nikki-the
  • Reviews: 26

Campground

We haven't stayed here but have ridden through on our bicycles many times.

This looks like quite a lovely campground with lots of trees and picnic tables. Facilities include grilling areas ("fireplaces"?), bathrooms (of the "hole-in-the-ground" type) and a children's playground. Not having stayed there myself, I'm only listing what I've seen to be available.

So there may not be much in terms of facilities but this is more than compensated by the environment (really nice), the weather (pleasant mountain air) and the price. The price? Free. (Can't get much better than that.)

Situated in a lovely pine forest, this campground has been completely empty since I first discovered it. This, I would attribute to the lack on interest on the part of the locals (they're much more "into" 4 star hotels and such and would find "camping" to be quite a miserable affair) and the lack of information on the part of tourist agencies and tourists themselves.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism, Camping
  • Written May 25, 2005

Campground in the Troodos Mountains

• M.E.R.V profile photo M.E.R.V
  • Reviews: 363

The Churchill Pinewood Valley: Pedoulas 1067m above sea level

We were invited to have dinner at this hotel during our stay in the Troodos. It took us an hours drive from our hotel through the mountains which I literally feared for my life as there were hardly no lights on the roads and we were turning at deep drops with very low safety barriers or nothing at all sometimes! The hotel was a beauty set in the surrounding nature with its own pine forest and a cherry orchard. Although it does get chilly at night in the Troodos, the day can be swarmed with flies so you are best keeping your windows shut at all times!

• Opinion of Price: N/A