15 Pasikratous Street, Eleftherias Square, Nicosia, 1011, Cyprus

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Very Much Like Staying with Friends!

The stay was Very Much Like Staying with Friends. - Cypriot Hospitality at its Best!

I spent 3 days in Nicosia on my recent business trip to Cyprus and I chose to stay at this hotel this time. If you ask me about my experience I would say that it was indeed very much like staying with friends and it is something I appreciated a lot. You see, it is a Family Business and the people running it are professionals. The welcome was hearty and the entire stay great.

STAFF AND SERVICE: Although I arrived quite early that morning due to a business meeting I had at noon, I never had to wait as it usually happens in other hotels. I was almost sure that my luggage would be kept at a store room until I return from this appointment but this did not happen. I was handed the key and I had time to even unpack and have a cup of coffee before setting off for the meeting. Service here was excellent and both the Management and Staff proved professionals.

LOCATION: It could not be better. Centrally located in Eleftherias Square, directly adjacent to the Municipal Hall, the General Post Office and major Banks. Its perfect position keeps traffic noise away since it is on the paved area. Guests coming by bus will find the location unique since the central bus station at Solomou Square is only a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Fairly easy to be spotted, and only steps away from the buffer zone, shops and restaurants, churches, cultural establishments and museums.

The Tourist Information Office is within a 5-minute walk from here, and an ATM machine is also in short proximity from the hotel.

BUILDING: Part of the Atrium is a traditional 1912 historic building, fully renovated, combining modern comforts but at the same time retaining its traditional Cypriot charm with an intimate atmosphere and 3 categories of rooms of different standards.

ACOMMODATION: The hotel was fully booked during my stay and I was not able to experience a stay at an Executive or a Club room, not even had the chance to see what the rooms look like. My own room was a standard one but it was impeccably clean and spacious and I had no problem staying in it.
    The double bed was comfortable all right, the room provided complimentary coffee/tea facilities, a Safe, a hair-drier, a 20inch color TV with local and satellite channels, a mini fridge, a computer point and a digital telephone. Internet in the room was mostly fast but there were times when it was slow as well. I never used the air conditioning or the heating unit of my room as there was no need to so I cannot comment on them.
    The balcony was O.K. but it overlooked a narrow road and I could see only the terraces of the opposite buildings. I was mostly out however, so this was not a problem at all. For me it functioned only to light up the room.

TREAT: A complimentary treat of some cake and a bottle of water happily surprised me. I found them in the room when I returned from my first appointment that same day and I had them to accompany my afternoon cup of coffee in the room while I was working on the computer.

BATHROOM: Surprisingly the bathroom was big with a bath tub. I like “walking” in my room and bathroom and this is how it was out here. I hate small rooms or tiny small bathrooms that lack space. It had a high ceiling and much light. Toiletries included a vanity kit, a shampoo/shower gel and a plastic cap. The room’s wardrobe proved handy as well just as the ‘working desk’ and mirror.

LOUNGE/BAR: Nicely decorated, comfortable seating area, and a very pleasant atmosphere and positive energy is what you get out here. Smoking always bothers me, but I never noticed cigarette smoke at the lounge. I have also no idea if smoking is allowed by the bar. In the rooms for sure it is prohibited.

BREAKFAST: I found breakfast both interesting and satisfying and it was enough to fill you up till late afternoon. It was not the continental breakfast we find in some hotels abroad. Everything was fresh and the variety was ample. Cereals, eggs and bacon, ham and sausages, croissants and different types of bread, fresh cucumber and tomatoes, yoghurt, honey, seasonal fruit, a fruit salad, cheese, (haloumi) olives, and 3 types of juice.

Breakfast is normally taken either in the indoor breakfast patio or the outdoor courtyard. The weather was lovely so I had mine in the courtyard which leads directly to “Laiki Yitonia” the well-known restored and paved touristy area of Nicosia. Guests love to have a stroll out here, do their shopping –mostly Cypriot souvenirs and delicacies. You will find several restaurants and coffee shops even supermarkets in the round area too. Between us I find no reason to leave the hotel and go to another restaurant because Byzantino offers excellent cuisine and Traditional Cypriot hospitality.

RESTAURANT: The Byzantino is the original old 1912 historic building and its interior is beautifully decorated, -not to mention the imposing arches that travel you to another era. It can easily be considered one of the Signature Cypriot restaurants in Nicosia. The food I tried on both nights was excellent, the service was impeccable and the staff super. Cornelius and Lili are truly professionals and they know exactly how to treat their guests. They are both discreet, observant and show up the moment the customer needs something. They work fast and accurate and they deserve a big bravo.

If you really want to try the authentic Cypriot cuisine, I assure that you won’t find a better restaurant serving Cypriot dishes close by. The Cypriot Chef whose name I miss is doing an excellent job out here. The restaurant is popular on its own, and daily there are coaches from different parts of the island with locals and tourists coming in for lunch or dinner.

WI FI: There is Free wireless high speed internet access in the entire hotel.

SPECIAL FACILITIES: The hotel prides for its banqueting and conference spaces which are ideal for business meetings or special events.

IN ALL: I highly recommend it for its homely atmosphere, the excellent and impeccable service, its superb location, the professional management and staff, and the tasty Cypriot cuisine.
    Keep the good work up guys!

Comments