Golden Tulip Nicosia Hotel and Casino

Otel.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 5 star hotels

• An awful hotel, not 5.star, just 2-star hotel

An awful hotel, not five-star, is two-star hotel: room was dirty, dusty. Staff are lazy. not trained, dirty and arrogant and most of them do not understand English at all. non-smoking room was full of smoke. room was dirty and dusty, although the cleaning staff said they had cleaned. staff do not speak English. Some of them were arrogant, lazy and dirty. Chef of service touched fruit after he had touched some boxes on the floor, pressed the lift button. glasses in the breakfast room were dirty, which were actually ready to be used, although I showed staff the dirty glasses, but they just smiled and did not change the new clean glasses. they just stood around and talked to each other. room service did not understand English. every time when i wanted to order something, i had to call reception, after I talked to the room service and realised that they did not understand. i ordered one day fish, but I got meat. another day I ordered shrimps, I got meat. every day the cleaning staff forgot to give towel or shampoo or toilet paper or .... every day I had to call to ask for. A receptionist was arrogant, when i asked him where he can recommend me to go out in this area. he asked me where i wanted to go. I said I want go out for dinner and shopping. he asked me again and again where i wanted to go, I answered i did not know because i am not from here. that is why I asked him. He talked to me with arrogant voice and gave me a map of another area, which i could not use for this area where the hotel is. I told him that he said he knew. I asked him although he knew why he gave me that, he said because he did not have another map: funny answer. it was a horrible stay I have ever had in my life. I felt I was in a two-star hotel. staff were not trained, lazy and dirty.

Unique Quality: i did not use the swimming pool, because i heard some lady got fungal from the pool.

More about Nicosia

Archbishop's Palace, NicosiaArchbishop's Palace, Nicosia

Turkish Cats, NicosiaTurkish Cats, Nicosia

Saving Young Boy, Turkish NicosiaSaving Young Boy, Turkish Nicosia

Town Hall, NicosiaTown Hall, Nicosia

skiing in troodos

by lin18

what is the best way of transport to troodos mountains skiing from nicosia we do not have our own transport.

RE: skiing in troodos

by george5b

Hello,

You might want to check with travel agents whether they have organized trips to Prodromos. But I somewhat doubt it.
As for public transport - if there are buses going on that route they will likely be going into Nicosia in the morning, so won't be of much use for you.
The only viable option is a rental car. Or you could orgianze a taxi to take drop you and pick you up again in the evening. But the price for that will most probably be well over 50 Pounds, so it won't be cheaper than renting a car.

George

Re: skiing in troodos

by Savvis-888

this is the right time to come for skiing in Troodos because soon after the snows will be gone !!!

Best way to go there ? rent a car or take an organised taxi service called TRAVEL EXPRESS

good luck

Travel Tips for Nicosia

Walking through the old Nicosia

by Aggeliki

To walk through the old city is to step backwards in time. Narrow streets and old houses with ornate balconies jut from weather beaten sandstone walls, smell of jasmine flowers in those long summer evenings, and craftsmen in small workshops practice trades unchanged for centuries. 'Laiki Yitonia' - Folk Neighborhood - is a pedestrian section, which has been carefully renovated to evoke the atmosphere of past days.

OK, apart from the green line...

by skid51

OK, apart from the green line and the archaeological museum there aren´t many places to visit in Nicosia, but what I really like is to walk in the old city when the sun is down and also to the area of Fammagousta gate. My fondest memory of Nicosia is the 4 years of being student in that city. Especially the periods after the exams and before I return to my birthplace were really cool. Also the excavations in which I participated from 5 to 17 June of 2000 to a place outside of Nicosia, ancient Idalion.

Crossing to the North

by thelittlevoice

One of the most frequently asked questions about Cyprus is about crossing between the north and south. I wouldn't suggest you asking the embassy but try it out yourself :) I asked a lady at the consulate in Bangkok about this and she said it was impossible for Thai citizens to cross from the south to north without a proper Turkish visa. I've always thought people at the embassy/consulate should know best so I believed her. What a shame because there's so much in the north that I wanted to see. Anyway, the process was simple, on the south, you go to this little room and someone asks you why you wanna go to the north and when you plan on coming back. Then some more walkings and you can see a few immigration booths. A staff there handed me a piece of paper(in the picture) to fill in, I filled it up and handed it back. He put those infos on computer and then he stamped this piece of paper and wrote down I could stay for 30 days. There was no fee at all. And then you will find yourself wandering around in the north! On the way back, I handed in this piece of paper and the staff stamped exit and that was it. It was painless. If I, a Thai citizen, could cross it without any hassle, I'm sure any citizen of this world can do it too.

Archbishop Makarios statue

by Aggeliki

Archbishop Makarios statue is an imposing bronze statue which was erected outside the Archbishop's palace in Nicosia to commemorate his life. Makarios III was the archbishop and primate of the autocephalous Cypriot Orthodox Church (1950-1977) and first President of the Republic of Cyprus (1960-1977).

A tribute to the Basketman

by Profsmiley

Well, after about 10 years to easyoar’s trip to Bandabulya, we are here trying to get an update on the current look of the basketman.

As we were wandering around, we first realised that the basket stall has been moved to the front of the market. We also found out that there is now a lady running this stall. She was kind enough to let us get this memorial picture.

Comments