Nicosia Hotels

Our Members Say

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1004

Double room in Agios Andreas: Double room in a flat

I was looking for a single room close to the central bus station. I was thinking to stay at Delphi hotel.
I really don't know exactly how far the appartment is from Solomou Square, but I believe it is no more than 2 km. It takes exactly 20 minutes on foot.
I have spent two nights in this spacious, clean and quiet appartment. I have found it a great option for both the quality and value for money.
My double room had air conditioning, a comfortable bed, a closet and a great balcony. The kitchen was very well furnished; the living room had a comfortable sofa and TV with some channels. Wifi is available, but I really have no idea about the quality as I never travel with mobile phone or computer.
George is a honest, helpfull, friendly and polite guy. As he does not live in the appartment, you need to confirm with him the time you are arriving.
Next time I visit Nicosia, surely I will stay here and I strongly recommend it.

If you are going to this appartment on foot from the Solomou Square, please follow my instructions bellow. You should not take more than 30 minutes!
Take Dionysios Solomos Statue as referecene looking at the Leoforos Omirou. Then turn right. The Venetian Walls are behind you as well Delphi hotel.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 3, 2014

Living room

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1004
Delphi Hotel: Great central location

I did not stay at this hotel, but I am giving this information because it is at Solomou Square, a conveninet location for those who are travelling by bus. It is, probably, the cheapest hotel in the Greek-Cypriot capital.
Ledra Street, the main street in Old town, begins a leg from here.
I stayed for two night in a double room in a private appartment.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 8, 2014

Dionysios Solomos Statue

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1566

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Cyprus: Business and Pleasure -Perfect in Every way!

I spent 3 nights at the Hilton on a business trip and I was here again in 2011. Even though it is an old Hotel, it has never -Not even for once lost its high standards and goals. It continuous to be the perfect meeting point for the business clientele, and for the last 45 consecutive years it stands as a symbol of exclusivity and a luxurious landmark in the City of Nicosia.

As always I read reviews before I make any booking and I found it the 2nd most popular –but this of course does not mean much because popularity does not go with quality or luxury. You see, there are times when budget hotels with less stars are more popular to tourists for one or another reason. Anyway, the Hilton won a 2013 Traveller’s Choice Award in the category of Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Cyprus and this is a fact!!

I won’t exaggerate writing that I was spoiled and pampered again like the previous time I was here because it is indeed a hotel that spoils and pampers its guests.

STAFF: They are all exceptional and very attentive. I need to write though about Maria the Housekeeping supervisor who deserves a special mention. When she saw me desperate and disappointed that I did not have a bathing suite along and for 3 days I would miss Jacuzzi and the interior pool in minutes she came up with a solution. She was unceasingly friendly and helpful on other times as well when I needed her.
Elena Oltu –housekeeper who was decorating my room! There was a different surprise from her even late in the afternoons when she would drop by again for more! Her amazing decorating creations were better than any other I had seen for years. But of course there was Mrs. Christina Spyrou and Sophie, the other ladies who were just as good and always polite. Stelios, the mini bar attendant always discreet when he knocked on the door to ask if I needed anything from the mini bar. In all, I felt like home with their unparalleled level of excellent service.

ROOM: This time I had the executive room #361, overlooking the road. The double-glazed windows keep the traffic noise away. The guest is made welcome by a note on the flat TV –a nice gesture! Spacious like all rooms of the executive wing and spotlessly clean, which for me is factor #1. The executive suites have a minimalistic style and a touch of luxury. How can it be otherwise ….soft relaxing clours, a huge very comfortable bed with cushions on, beautifully designed curtains matching with the carpet and walls, a huge desk something missing many times from other business hotels. The businessman can work out here in comfort and eloquent silence in the amazing ambience of his room. Functional amenities for demanding guests!
Coffee/tea facilities, fresh flowers in the room and bathroom, safe, mini bar, iron board, robe and slippers are provided.
Remember to have the chain behind the door just in case somebody accidentally comes in. Sometimes you might not hear the knock and the staff thinks that nobody is in and they gate-crash inside.

The Nicosia Hilton knows well how to pamper its guests with some VIP courtesies upon arrival and throughout the stay. It is something a pleasant surprise each day.
I had a big bowl of seasonal fruit, sweet Cypriot delicacies, snacks, mineral water and wine. If this is not a real treat and pampering, then what!!

BATHROOM: Tiled walls and floor with a marbled sink. Spacious/spotlessly clean/magnifying mirror and ample of nicely scented towels for hands/face and body.
The water pressure in the shower is not what I expected especially when I came from a hotel where water had a strong pressure but of course I can understand it. You see this is due to the Eco friendly sustainability initiatives ….it would be actually nice to see other hotels practicing these measures also.
I loved the new toiletries which are by far better than the ones the Hilton had for years. They are the Peter Thomas Roth from the Mega-rich collection. I found them simply amazing and they smell like fresh tangerines! The body wash gel contains green and yellow micro beads with vitamins. Indeed a treat to guests!

BREAKFAST: The first meal of the day (American) at the Fontana Restaurant is sumptuous! It is breakfast for a diverse group of members as well as guests, so there is everything for everyone enough to fill you up till dinner -a paradise of cereals and dry fruit. There is a choice of home-made bread/cakes/rolls/croissant/muffing/jam/marmalade and honey, and omelettes. There is of course so much more. Be sure to taste the Chef’s homemade muffins –they are huge and of excellent taste. Breakfast is under the supervision of professional staff one of which is Christina who is supervising the restaurant in the morning. I found her alert and impeccable.

DINING: The Fontana interior is fabulous creating a warm and pleasant ambience. Besides the wide variety of traditional and international buffets, it offers the a la carte menu where guests can choose out of a variety of Signature dishes that suite all tastes. The Chef of the Cuisine Mr. Georgiou is very talented with several awards in his record. There is something for everyone, from the Hilton’s classics to vegetarian dishes, nutrient salads and different other health options.
I had the Sea Bass from the a la carte menu –it was cooked to perfection and the portion was huge and very tasty! There are amazing salads to accompany meals and if I had to give just one word for dessert….I would say “heavenly” !! Of course there is Christos, the Food & Beverage Co-ordinator who is the appropriate person to recommend the matching wine or drink to accompany your dish.

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE: Guests with rooms on the Executive floor have access to this lounge. Beautifully decorated with fitted carpets, comfortable sofas, -serves like a library, a study/work room as it provides 2 or 3 laptops as well. It provides coffee/tea facilities, cool drinks, some wine, snacks and nibbles. There are tables for dining, and guests are able to bring additional persons to this lounge if they wish, whereby they then have the option to be charged 25 euros p.p., which allows their guest(s) unlimited food and beverage or if preferable, to be charged on a consumption basis. Of course don’t expect a full menu, mostly snacks and three or four kinds of dessert.

SPA: The Spa is great here at the Hilton -Excellent facilities, personal attention, in hands of expert consultants. Ask to see the list of therapies and choose the one that suits you out of the body and face treatments. A basic 60 min mineral face treatment costs 75 euros, with the most expensive –the Anti-Aging 90 min for 110.
The classic back massage is the cheapest (30 min) for 50 euros, with the most expensive –the International Thai Massage (90 min) for 120 euros.
Guests who stay in the hotel can use the Jacuzzi, Steam bath and Sauna without paying any extras. I

Wi Fi: Internet is free in all public areas and food beverage outlets, but guests can have access in their rooms under a small charge although I found it kind of slow to be honest.
The cost is 15 euros for 24 hours and 45 euros for 72.
It is free though and it has become a standard benefit for the HHonors Gold and Diamond members staying at all Hilton worldwide properties.

LOCATION: It is a hotel geared predominantly to the business clientele making it an ideal meeting point, with just 15 minutes’ walk to Nicosia’s highest points.

TRANSPORT: Buses 116, 158, 160 can get you to the main bus station -at Solono’s Square for just a euro. Buses are scarce during weekends though!
Use the Intercity (green) buses if you wish to get as far as Larnaca, Limassol or Paphos. There is a bus stop approximately 100 metres from the hotel on the right.
If you are fit, it is a matter of 15 minute walk to the City centre otherwise take a taxi for 6 euros. Find them behind the parking lot.

PLACES OF INTEREST: The Cyprus Archaeological Museum should come first on your list of priorities.
This time I visited the Folk Museum and I found it very interesting. A visit to Makarios Cultural Foundation, Laiki Yitonia and the House of Hadjigeorgakis Kornesios are also highly recommended. Finally get to the Old city -Ledra Street is full of retail Shops, Café bars, Restaurants and Malls, making it so it an interesting area to go for a walk.

LEDRA'S CROSSING POINT: If you wish to pass through the opposite side –the Turkish side, you can have access through Ledra’s passing point. By all means it is a passing point and not a boarder because boarders divide countries. Cyprus is a country on its whole, with its northern part being occupied by the Turkish troops since 1974 with the Turkish invasion. Be sure to have your passports along. The situation is sad here, and I am sure there is not much that would keep you on the Turkish side. Go for it if you want to, just to say that you did.

CONCLUSION: In all after my 3 night stay here I believe it justly ranks first on the charts. Check for early booking and enjoy some amazing discounts.
I can’t wait to be back. Thank you guys you are all wonderful!

• Related to: Business Travel, Food and Dining, Seniors
  • Written February 9, 2013

Interior of the Fontana Restaurant

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1566

Hilton Cyprus: The Perfect Meeting Point for the Business Cliente

I visited the Hilton for a business meeting in October.
For 43 consecutive years it stands as a symbol of exclusivity and a luxurious landmark. It won the award of Best City Hotel in Cyprus for the second consecutive year, voted by readers of the Conde Nast Traveller Awards 2010 under the category of ‘city hotels/ Cyprus, and was chosen for its high level of services and irreproachable hospitality. It also secured the first place as the most popular in the same category. It is the hotel that spoils and pampers its guests. This happened to me on this trip.
I felt like home and I am not exaggerating. Starting with the staff who are surely professionals and multilingual they know well how to make their guests feel like home.
Personally, I postponed until the coming trip to Cyprus, 3 dinner invitations I had in the city those days and chose to remain in the premises.

I had a spacious room (#555) on the Executive floor. Here rooms are much bigger than the Hilton guest rooms and I felt so relaxed and comfortable not only from the amenities found here but the soft colours, décor, and its minimalistic style and touch of luxury. There was nothing exaggerating and all amenities functional and useful.

The bed was huge and lovely just as I expected it to be with huge fluffy pillows. There was a mini bar and just above a separate open space with shelves for glasses, wine, and some delicacies on offer. I found the corner desk with the laptop very functional although I had my own and I spent much time out there working while at the premises.

There was a flat TV with ample of local and international channels to choose from, and one of the two armchairs was next to the side table with an impressive lampshade and coffee facilities. This spot had become my favourite corner for my afternoon coffee when I wanted to watch the news. The emphasis in the whole premises is on elegance and comfort.

The huge mirror in the bathroom made the room seem bigger but it was spacious all right. Toiletries (Crabtree & Evelyn) collection, and when I asked for one or two more I was brought a handful.

The Hilton knows well how to pamper their guests with some VIP courtesies upon arrival. I had a surprise indulgence with fruit and a bottle of some red wine at first. Minutes later I had a plate with Cypriot delicacies in syrup and later some white roses were brought from the cleaning lady for the bathroom creating in minutes a pleasant ambience in this room! Later on, in the afternoon there was another knock on the door, this time I was brought some snacks. (Make sure to put the safety chain behind the door because some male waiters just knock and enter even before you answer).

Guests with rooms on the Executive floor have access to the Executive Lounge on the 6th floor. A beautifully decorated room with fitted carpet comfortable sofas and armchairs creating different private corners, soft pleasing to the ears music, and open for the executive guests free for dining, drinks and nibbles.

The most demanding guest will be pleased with the more than adequate American breakfast offered here. A variety of cereals, dry fruit, omelettes, sausages, mushrooms, pan cakes, ham and bacon, grilled Cypriot cheese (halloumi) yoghurt, rice pudding, different kinds of bread, croissants, biscuits and cakes. Everything is of excellent quality and taste and always under the supervision of professional staff like Gregory’s and many more.

Dinner at the stunning (seasonal) Pergola Grill and Bar Restaurant, -the latest addition to the Hilton by the pool the last night of functioning was a challenge. The Executive chef Adreas Georgiou with the rest of chefs and cooks seem to work miracles in the kitchen. The presentation of every dish brought was like a piece of art. The exceptional culinary standards, the taste and ambience set the scene for stylish dining in soft pleasing to the ears music. Andreas Yiallourides is another asset for the Hilton.

Another favourite spot was the Spa where I tried to combine business with pleasure. The Thai massage I had was so comforting and relaxing, but the Jacuzzi, the Steam bath and Sauna were just as good. I was amazed to see so many locals who are members and come here to exercise and spoil themselves. I consider it one of the most luxurious health clubs in Nicosia.

Internet is not free here, but it has become a standard benefit (free of charge) for HHonors Gold and Diamond members only. It is a hotel geared predominantly to the business clientele making it an ideal meeting point, with just a 20 minutes’ walk from Nicosia’s highest points.

So, with all the above it is not surprising that the Hilton in Cyprus consistently ranks as the international business community’s first choice. I highly recommend it and I truly can’t wait to return shortly.

• Related to: Business Travel, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 19, 2011
Tip Photo

The impressive lift leading to the Executive wing

• stevemt profile photo stevemt
  • Reviews: 1017

Sky Hotel: Really nice little hotel

Very pleasant little hotel here, well worth using. Staff very obliging and helpful

Would certainly suggest it.

The hotel is attached to a famous restaurant, and there are many many more restaurants in the area, all good value as well.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 16, 2011
Tip Photo

• alectrevor profile photo alectrevor
  • Reviews: 1269

Hotel SARAY: Good Location

a large 3 star hotel in northern Nicosia, large room en suite 120 TL with breakfast. The breakfast room is on top floor so you get good view over all Nicosia. There is a casino and diso. The hotel is air conditioned.

• Written September 29, 2009

hotel saray north nicosia

• realnicosian profile photo realnicosian
  • Reviews: 3

Centrum Hotel: New hotel in city centre - year 2005

40 room 3 star hotel right on the city centre - on the paved area of the centre
Homely and friendly. Free Wi-Fi internet everywhere.

1st is the fact that you are in the centre - shops restaurants , they are all there
2nd: new hotel
3rd: fantastic fact is the free wi-fi internet.
4th: affordable

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Historical Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 28, 2006

one of the best rooms

• Neilzonwheelz profile photo Neilzonwheelz
  • Reviews: 42

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HI Hostel: Rare Cheap Accommodation.

I stayed in the dorm, only person there for the 2 nights. Bed was comfortable & room was reasonably warm. The shower & toilet were at a seperate location on the ground floor, both in good working order - nice hot water!.

Affordable accommodation.
No curfew that Im aware of.
10 minute walk from Solomou plaza. This is where the Airport Green bus & other buses operate from.
Clean rooms, bath & toilet.
Noticed no intrusive noise.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Singles
  • Written November 23, 2005

• Profsmiley profile photo Profsmiley
  • Reviews: 84

Saray Hotel: Where to stay in Northern Nicosia

Saray Hotel is a decent hotel that has been serving the tourists and business travellers for a quite no. of years. Many people prefer to stay either in Girne or Magusa, so the no. of hotels you may find in the northern Nicosia is limited. Nevertheless, if you would like to spend your days in Nicosia, Saray Hotel is the best choice.

It's central location is probably Saray Hotel's best quality. Also the fact that it's the highest building in the northern part of the old city provides you with a good view. Even if you are in town for just a day, going up to the roof and take a look at the city is my no. 1 suggestion. They charge you about 5 Euros, but that includes a free drink, which would be great break on a hot day.
Also the restaurant on the roof is a nice one, provides a quiet atmosphere for business lunches.

• Related to: Business Travel, Casino and Gambling