4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Costs 73% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• draguza's Profile Photo

ALMYRA HOTEL

Almyra is located near the beach in Paphos and close to St. Paul's Church, Paphos Harbour, and Paphos Archaelogical Site. Nearby points of interest also include Paphos Lighthouse and Tombs of the Kings.
    Almyra's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A poolside bar and a bar/lounge are open for drinks. Room service is available 24 hours a day. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast. Recreational amenities include 2 outdoor swimming pools. Also located on site are an indoor pool, a children's pool, a health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. The property's full-service health spa has body treatments, massage/treatment rooms, facials, and beauty services. This 5.0-star property offers small meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment, and business services. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Paphos property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and conference/meeting rooms. The property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge). Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a library, a concierge desk, and a children's club. A total renovation of this property was completed in June 2003.

Unique Quality: 189 air-conditioned guestrooms at Almyra feature minibars and safes. Accommodations offer garden views. Beds come with premium bedding. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations with handheld showerheads. They also offer phones, makeup/shaving mirrors, and designer toiletries. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Televisions have satellite channels, Oncommand video, and video-game consoles. Rooms also include windows that open and bathrobes. Guests may request irons/ironing boards and wake-up calls. A nightly turndown service is offered and housekeeping is available daily.

More about Almyra Hotel

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member craig001

We arrived at the almyra after a difficult journey & very quickly dropped into holiday mode thanks to the staff & the setting.

My only reservation prior to booking was Paphos itself, however, once within the hotel you are unaware of where you are & get the feeling you could be anywhere. A great setting. The beach isnt great but I knew this before I went so no problem. The huge sail over the pool is genius.

The room was good, the service superb & the food at Notios restaurant was superb, Rob shipman the chef does an excellent job.

We had to move rooms and this was dealt with adequately by reception.

All in all a child friendly hotel in a stylish setting.

I will return.

Excellent hotel - if you get the sea-view

by TripAdvisor Member bendy1234

We went to the Almyra in early September, and the hotel itself was very impressive - far more than Paphos airport or taxi transfer.

We paid extra for a Superior Sea View and were very glad we did. The staff close the curtains in the room, and opened them when they showed us in. The view over the Med and the sea-aspect of the hotel gardens and pool was fabuious. I think the view from the other side of the hotel (garden rooms) appears to be a road over a main road.

The staff are in general very friendly and cheery, always wishing us a Good Morning as we made our way to breakfast. The food and views from both the terrace restaurant and the beach mezze restaurant were excellent. There was probably only one or two instances of slightly below par service, but that didn't detract from our holiday. I was especially impressed by the owner and senior management spending time talking to guests over dinner.

Paphos itself isn't a high-class resort, and the hotel is almost incongrous in that environment. Paphos has a fantastic bar area for the 18-30 crowd, as well as a couple of good restauarants (Deep Blue and La Piazza being two we visited) that I'd reocmmend. The catacombs are eerily fascinating, as are the Tombs of the Kings.

The only problem at the Almyra would be the demand for places around the pool - we found people putting their towels out at 8 in the morning, only to not use them for some time! In high season this kind of behaivour could cause issues for guests and a time limit for unoccupied towels (say an hour) should be enforced.

Apart from that, I can't recommend the Almyra more highly.

Great hotel but with some reservations

by TripAdvisor Member smowbray

Just back from a very enjoyable 10 day stay at the Almyra.
The hotel is stylish and clean and the staff courteous and friendly. We were not thrilled by Pafos itself and ate almost all meals during our stay in the various hotel restaurants. Although quite expensive the food was of high standard and the service great.
We had a sea facing room which I would strongly advise compared to the garden (road) facing.
On the negative side the hotel beach (?!) is almost non existent and the hotel pool is busy to say the least. It is also 140 km from Larnaca airport to Pafos which after a long flight means a further 1.5 -2 hour transfer.
Overall though 4 out of 5

Exactly what we were looking for with 4 month baby

by TripAdvisor Member juniorLondon

As first time parents we wanted a hassle free holiday with our 15 week old baby and the Almyra was everything we could have wished for. All our requirements from the pre ordered taxi with baby car seat to the "baby go lightly" requests for Avent steriliser, play mat, bouncey chair etc being in our room on arrival were met. Staff very helpful and efficient. Pool area and restaurant were fantastic. Had no trouble getting sunbeds. Never tired of the pool side restaurant menu. Even the sushi was good quality. Rooms look good in the photos but are not luxurious but ok. We had a superior sea view room, would maybe next time consider a sea view room with veranda as these have direct access to pool area - great for nipping back to the room. Minor disappointments were bath tub..old ( but with great power shower) and while internet use is available there is no ability to print. Paphos was exactly what we thought it would be.. awful.. but went to cyprus for the hotel not the location... therefore not for those who like to explore the nearby area.

A great hotel, shame about the wine prices

by TripAdvisor Member Trueclaret

A delightful hotel, in a beatiful setting. Staff very professional and most helpful.
We stayed in one of the rooms that have been recently upgraded (as seen on various websites), but we had temporary use of one of the older rooms and we are glad not to have been assigned one of those. Also, we upgraded to a Sea View room, which was well worthwhile since the views over the bay and the harbour were magnificent (other rooms face a busy road).
As for the food, it was of gourmet quality and the menu changed every evening. However, for those who prefer the standardised monotony of American or British cuisine, this may not be to your liking.
The ONLY complaint we have concerns the price of drinks, such as wine, coffee etc. This was so expensive that most of the people in our party of 16 refused to buy it. For example, a glass of house wine costs around £4 sterling and a cup of coffee would cost £2.75. SO, take your own coffee and ask at reception for a kettle and some cups. Staff are very obliging.
Finally, our stay was for a week in late November, so the hotel was only one third full. Therefore, we had a peaceful stay with excellent weather.
We would return, but only if wine and other drink prices are reduced to realistic levels.

a hotel that should be called stingy and not minimalist

by TripAdvisor Member alexiap

MY family and I were extremely disenchanted with this hotel. At seven months pregnant and traveling with a small child and two other families with small children, we really had very high expectations for a listed "charming hotel." Despite boasting as being family-friendly and that it caters to small children, the hotel did not even have a porter at the front door to help us with our luggage upon arrival, much less have the stated activities for kids or free books, trainer seats, etc that it advertises on its site. The staff at the reception was at best incompetent (although well meaning), we could not get any help with basic driections or get ideas on what to do in nearby villages. Parking was hellish and at night had to drive around for twenty minutes only to find a spot by chance. The rooms are not minimalist (the hotel takes great pride in its new design) but stingy! The fruit in the hotel was stale. There were no rugs on the bare and cold floor-- we spent the entire weekend scolding our poor four-yesr-old to put on her slippers before getting off the bed. We were told we would be charged extra for keeping anything in the mini fridge (even our kids´milk?). Also, make sure you do not eat in the hotel. The food is pretty bad and extremely over-priced (a fried chicken sandwich which I had to send back because it was so bad cost almost 15 euro). Overall, this is not a four star hotel and I am making sure to let everyone I know NOT to go there. I am not sure what their problem is but even the manager was rude and unprofessional when we asked for help with the lack of parking (we really needed help since I am unable to walk very far due to my pregnancy and my young daughter who was asleep in the car needed to be carried by my husband). I have also written to Charming Hotels noting that this hotel should be taken off their list.

Pricey but OK

by TripAdvisor Member sidcorley

All in all, not a bad place to stay but there are some issues. Firstly, if you book overlooking the gardens, what you are also overlooking is the main coast road which like British seaside resorts has its share of souped up cars thrashing up and down all night. This wouldn't have been too much of an issue apart from the windows are single glazed. Add to that the air conditioning wasn't set to blow cold as yet, only hot you could have done with the window open to cool down a little but it was too loud! After a £300 upgrade we changed to one of the rooms overlooking the harbour, wishing we had done this from the start. Location wise, it is beautiful but the beach directly out of the resort is pebbles and therefore not brilliant for swimming although there are many more beaches more suitable close by. If you are a late-ish riser like I am, forget a sunbed next to the pool although there are many others in the gardens. The rooms are generously sized, bathrooms are well fitted and the mini bar ridiculously overpriced but that is the same anywhere! We stayed bed and breakfast which is all you need for a resort like Paphos; there are so many eateries from all over the world to enjoy at prices that can be much cheaper than within the hotel. That said, breakfast was ok and always plentiful. The cleaning staff are amongst the most proficient and courteous we have come across, sometimes too keen whilst you're trying to enjoy your afternoon snooze. My biggest bugbear? I needed wireless internet, I asked at least 4 people who worked there about using it but to no avail. Fortunately an English manageress called Anna came to our rescue, they have a pay for use card that is available from reception. Oh and by the way, the Tomb of the Kings is one of the most boring landmarks I have ever been to. Never a king been near it, never mind buried in it. Chichen-Itza it isn't!

No thanks!

by TripAdvisor Member bradbourne

We were very disappointed. First, our room and that of our young children would smell of smoke every evening because the air con would blow it the smoke from the reception area. Then there was the night of the very noisy wedding reception outside our window. At 2pm I lost the will to live and got the manager out of bed. When he tried to close down the party they started singing in the gardens instead. The buffet is very repetitive and the service is seriously lacking. If you have a child under 4 make sure that you do not put them into kids club. The minimum charge is 20 Cyrpus Pounds a day even if they are only there for one hour ... compared to 7 Cyprus Pounds for an hour's babysitting. The reception staff are well-meaning but have neither the authority nor the ability to sort out any of these issues. Verdict - don't go unless you like episodes of Fawlty Towers.

Read on if you have kids.........

by TripAdvisor Member Baileyboop

We visited this hotel for one week late June, good location and very modern. Arrived and checked in to our "garden room" which overlooked a concrete roof after one night of inhaling smoke from the adjoining room we kindly asked if we could look at a terrace room and a suite. The suite was £1000 more for the week and the only additional thing you got was a sofa and nice toiletries. The terrace room which was an additional £500 had a small terrace (not really private) with two uncomfortable patio chairs on (seriously need to invest in loungers). We opted for the terrace room due to my baby still having to have an afternoon sleep we could still sit outside in the sun. The terrace has steps leading up to it and no gate so was slightly nervous when my child was outside.
The rooms are very clean and maids are fantastic. The food in the japanese restaurant is out of this world however it does come at a price but worth a visit or two. The room service is of a good standard and the staff are all fantastic.
It is advertised as child friendly and it is geared up for kids however some childless guests didn't seem to like that fact children do cry and moan occasionally! The creche facility is good from what I saw but security is VERY lax to say the least. No security pads on the entrance doors so anyone can walk in through the hotel or from the beach so opted against leaving my child.
Overall, we had a nice holiday but won't be venturing back as it just didn't seem to hit the right buttons for me personally.

Great service

by TripAdvisor Member frate2

Management and the whole team exceeded my expectations!!!
Very pleasant stay. Everyone is so so so so nice. They really made our stay an unforgetable experiece.

Sun setting over Paphos harbourSun setting over Paphos harbour

the castlethe castle

Villa ruins......Villa ruins......

Pafos fort, Pafos, Cyprus.Pafos fort, Pafos, Cyprus.

paphos beach hotel

by lhoultby

we stayed at the paphos beach hotel 15 years ago and I think it was next to the hotel Annabelle We would liketo go back but i cant find it on any of the travel sites . It is only ashort walk away from paphos harbour . Can any one help or it could have cahnged its name .lhoultby

by leics

It's probably changed its name. The only reference I can find is from 2003.

That link will give you the address anyway. So I suggest you look at the Paphos hotels on:

Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

You will find that Paphos has changed a great deal in the past 15 years.

by qaminari

It's now the Almyra http://cyprus-holidays.sunvil.co.uk/Paphos_Area/Paphos_Town/properties/Almyra_Hotel.asp

by lhoultby

Thanks for the information I have found the Hotel now called almyra

by lhoultby

Thanks I have found it I think it has had a refurb but it looks very nice .
I have looked at the reviews and it looks fine but one did mention how busy paphos is now with bars etc . Thanks once again for your prompt reply .lhoultby

by leics

If you go, you must be prepared to be amazed (possibly shocked) at how busy and built-up Paphos is. There is still a massive amount of ongoing building on the outskirts, and the whole place is very much geared to tourists: loads of bars/clubs etc. Part of the harbour area has been completely re-done (last/this year).

Having said that, the archaeology is still wonderful (possibly more and better-presented than when you last visited), and it's a good base for exploring the island with a hire car.

• Sep 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Pre-history: me and my girlfriend work like dogs and getting a vacation is pretty difficult. So when we finally managed to arrange vacation together we wanted it to be just perfect. In fact we were happy to pay premium to get a perfect 5 star hotel with perfect sea view for a perfect runaway week from the whole world. I spent countless time on the internet researching various hotels and finally I found ALMYRA – wow I was so happy. The pictures were just perfect, it felt like a super stylish hotel designed with modern minimalism in mind. Impression I got from the web-site is of upscale hotel, clean lines, very airy and spacious. The price tag was approximately two three times higher than the rest of comparable hotels in vicinity. So we figured that since we only have one week we might as well pay extra, but make it count.
    Damn, we were so wrong – the reality was very different from pictures. One word which describes it all – CHEAP. My guess is that maybe 10-15 years ago this hotel could’ve been called “…5 star contemporary luxury hotel...”, it seems that its never been renovated since then. Everything looks just old and seriously used.
    At the end we felt cheated. Certainly it is not a crime to hire a state of art photographer and make some excellent pictures, certainly it’s much cheaper than investing into renovation of hotel, however we strongly felt that what is displayed on the web-site is severe misrepresentation.
    Since you are reading this, you probably had a look at Almyra web-site, liked what you see and decided to do some extra research. You don’t have to believe everything what is written here, so I decided to shoot a 10 minutes video of hotel interiors to show you what it’s really like.
    This post is intended to be like a warning sign to all fellow travelers, not to buy into nice pictures.
    I do have to say that food was quite good, breakfast buffet was every morning same, but a good one, and every dinner they had a different theme for example Japanese, Mediterranean, Italian cuisine etc.
    So the bottom line is this – in reality Almyra is just another 4 star mediocre hotel, which is not a bad thing as such, however the fact that they position themselves as 5 star luxury hotel, deceive people to believe it and set prices as 5 star luxury hotel just simply plain SUCK.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUV7wQlP...