Amalthia Villas

Amalthia Villas
Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 195% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Paphos

Melania restaurant paphos cyprus chopsMelania restaurant paphos cyprus chops

Roman Mosaic.Paphos.Roman Mosaic.Paphos.

Buzzing blue rosemaryBuzzing blue rosemary

Tomb 8.......unique in style (so far).Tomb 8.......unique in style (so far).

Cycle and car hire and places to go

by MarkUK

Hi

We're going to Paphos on Saturday for a week, and can't wait having never been to Cyprus before. We are staying near the Tombs of the Kings, and will probably pnly hire a car for a couple of days as I believe it is walking distance to Paphos from where we are staying. If we do hire a car, I was after some suggestions for where we should go on the Island. We like to go to picturesque places, where we can get something to eat and drink and have a look around (maybe nice villages / small fishing port, or just your normal sights that shouldn't be missed). We are also thinking of hiring bicycles for a couple of days, and was wandering if anyone knew where we could cycle to from where we are staying.

Looking forward to your answers!

Thanks

Mark and Louise

by leics

The Tombs of the Kings road/area is within walking distance of Pafos, sort of, but it's a bit of a trek. Depending on where your hotel is exactly, you are looking at 20 minutes+ to the harbour area (Katp Pafos) and more to the town itself.

There is a bus service, however, and it's a pleasant walk along the sea to the harbour (you can walk along the road too, downhill to the harbour area, more -or-less on the flat to the town).

There are several small villages around Pafos which would make a pleasant bike ride, and you could certainly ride up to (and perhaps beyond) Coral Bay. You might even fancy cycling up into the hills to visit the Agios Neofytos monastery in Tala, which is fascinating (check opening times).

You will benefit from hiring a car, most definitely. Bus services are not particularly frequent or widespread in Cyprus. Outside Pafos itself, do visit the ancient city of Kourion and Aphrodite's Rock. Take yourselves up into the Troodos mountains and explore the beautiful scenery and small villages in that area, and to the Akamas peninsula which is an area of outstanding natural beauty and ecological importance (the turtles at Lara Bay in particular).

Nicosia and Limassol are both worth exploring too.

Have a look at the VT Cyprus and Pafos pages for more ideas/info/tips written by VT locals and visitors: use the searchbox top right of this page to find them.

I have really enjoyed my visits to Pafos, despite the huge amount of building which has gone on (and is still going on) in that area. There is a lot to see. Don't miss the Roman mosaics on the site by the harbour: they are wonderful.

by tango_jd

We were in Paphos in 2007 and loved it - where you are is sort-of away from Paphos town a bit although it is walkable. In fact, WE did that walk each day - along the beach from the harbour to T.O.K. area where we would have a drink or lunch, and then back down th eroad way to the harbour again.
A car is great though because you can venture up into the Troudos/Troodos Mountains or to the various "Aphrodites" sites.
Aphrodites Rock is a nice spot - the Kykko Monastery is fascinating, and the lace-making villages.
We loved it - truly my favourite destination!
Coral Bay is th efamous beach area - I didn't like there as much as the rest of Paphos area but it is worth a visit as we are not all the same are we?
You are, of course, right next to the Tombs of the Kings - be sure to see the Paphos Mosaics also!
Have a great time and do tell us about it when you return!

by leics

Ther's an incredibly atmospheric early prehistoric site at Coral Bay which very few people seem to know about: that's why I visited. Not sure I'd have bothered otherwise. :-)

Travel Tips for Paphos

SAMPLE THE LOCAL BREW.

by cazz38

The local drink is Keo lager,its brewed on the island of Cyprus and tastes really nice,there is also Ouzo which is a really strong spirit.To strong for me!!In the tourist area's the prices for food and drink and gifts are really expensive but if you head out of town its alot cheaper.

Day Trips

by freya_heaven

Plenty of places to see within a day trip from Paphos. All of the Island Really!

Baths of Aphrodite & Aphrodites birthplace, Troodos Mountain rande, which is beautiful, Larnaca, Limassol plus the Cypriot capital Nicosia. You can even explore Turkish Cyprus for a day from Nicosia.

See my Main Cyprus Pages for details of all these places

Paphos Clubbing...

by paphoshomepage about Rainbow Disco

Probably the oldest and one of the best clubs in Paphos ...but then again there isn't much in the way of competition!! If u go in any time before 1.30am u look a bit of a fool as things don't get going till at least 2am!! Girls usually get in for free, but if they can take money off you, they generally will. Drinks are expensive, very expensive and be prepared to nudge shoulders with old sleazy blokes over at the bar sipping whisky. Generally a good club especially if u like a bit of r'n'b, trance and garage!

www.geocities.com/paphoshomepage pretty much anything and everything!!

The Most Amazing Chinese Restaurant in the world!

by j_dyeruk about Chloe's

My girlfriend and I decided to pay Chloe's a little visit after reading so many spectacular reviews on this site and may I say we were not dissapointed!

We were greeted with the extremely friendly manageress who spoke outstanding English and told us that we may not get a table for that night but she would keep our names and if we returned at 9pm, we may get squeezed in.

We went for a few drinks in the fantastic 'Votsalo' bar (read my review about that also!) and returned at the time given, we were greeted once again by a smile and she continued to tell us that we are extremely lucky as not only have we got a table but the best table in the house...and she wasnt kidding! We were on the top floor right at the window that overlooks the sea, apparently people book up to 3 months in advance for that very table and its not hard to see why!

I commented on how lovely the restaurant is and she asked if I would like a tour after the meal, which I agreed to. The meal was absolutely out of this world and the rose wine we had to accompany it went down a treat!

The manageress came back to take us on our tour which was unbelievable, there was an indoor garden with waterfall, 3 private rooms (which could be hired for about CYP30 a night!!), the wine cellar which had antique wines from over 200 years ago and the other 2 floors which were delicately decorated with floor to wall marble, authentic chinese decor and perfectly arranged tables. Never had I been so impressed with a restaurant's decor before!

All of the waitresses and waiters were dressed in Chinese robes which was a lovely touch on the evening. And to top off the tour, the manageress offered us a free drink!

By the end I was so mezmerised that I accidently gave a CYP23 tip (£26)!!! Had I received any less than I had at Chloes...I would have demanded it back! Being vegetarians, we were surprised at how much was on offer for us! The satay king prawns were outstanding and well...everything was just out of this world!

One for the Sports mad Brit!

by piersend about Kikko's Bar

They do snacks, burgers etc here. This is a really nice Sports bar with screens all over the place for sporting events. The service is good and the Ice Creams and Milk Shakes are lovely. The landlord has photos of himself with Robbie Fowler and Rio Ferdinand, as well as shirts from sporting celebrities. Keo.
Black Russian.