Avanti Hotel

Avanti Village
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• pixievinny's Profile Photo

Comfortable, hassle free and relaxing atmoshere

This complex really is a gem of a find. Opened in 2004, the complex is fairly new and the far end of it (planned shoping complex) is still to be finished but this was absolutely no problem as no building work takes place during peak holiday season (according to staff) and we certainly saw nor heard any activity in that area. Primarily the complex is self catering but upgrade to half board or B&B is available at the nearby Avanti Hotel.

Unique Quality: We never had any problem getting sunbeds (4 of us) even arriving at the pool at midday. The management emphasised that if no sunbeds were available that they would provide more. Poolside towels were freely available at no charge and replaced as often as necessary via reception.

The accomodation was clean and smart with maid service/linen change 5 days per week. The complex had been built sympathetically in the style of a real mediteranean village with little alleyways and flowers at every turn. No high-rise complex here!
    Seeing is believing.

Directions: Kato Pafos district

More about Avanti Hotel

Avanti hotel - Great hotel near Paphos

by clairegeordio about Avanti hotel

The Avanti hotel is about 20 minutes walk from Kato Paphos, however, there are local shops, restaurants and bars within 1 minutes walk.
The best feature of this hotel was the pool area – and at the time of year that I went – end of April – it was never crowded.
Breakfast was fine, plenty of choice, evening meals were great - there was a different theme every night eg Cyprus night, Italian night, International night and the dishes were quite imaginative and varied. We stayed Half Board here and were never bored with the choice on offer.
Rooms were cleaned daily and towels seemed to be changed daily too, which was excellent. There is a minibar in the room and a safe, which you have to pay 7 Cypriot pounds for.
The evening entertainment was not great though, so for something more exciting you would need to either take a taxi or walk to Paphos. There is also a bus service to Paphos with a stop just to the right of the hotel - it costs 0.80 Cypriot pounds for however many stops you need.

I stayed in the Avanti Hotel,...

by Flona

I stayed in the Avanti Hotel, and although all the hotels in Paphos are of good quality this was exceptional, we went half board - normally we do but just eat breakfast, not this time, the menu in the evening was so varied and tasty we ate at the hotel a lot and just went out for drinks afterwards, it was very cheap for the standard. The pool area was beautiful, local cypriots who had got married would on a Saturday stand by the waterfall in the pool for their photographs - it was a lovely location, and was good to see the bride and her bridesmaids dressed up.
If you love the beach though, this is not by the best beach, but other than that totally recommended.
Good Value for Money. The pool area is fabulous, if you like swimming pools you'll love this.

Avanti Village

by TripAdvisor Member StephyManchester

Overall we had a great holiday, the pool was very good apart from having black bits floating in it every day,the swim up pool was very good. The night entertainment or should I say the lack of it needs to be improved dramtically,entertainment for the day time for the younger kids is non-exixtent, My kids are 11 & 8 and got in volved with the daily 1/2hr water polo but gave up as it was too rough.apart from that there is the kids club which runs for 1 hr daily .this included drawing & painting.. what more can I say I booked this resort for the kids club etc what a let down. We went over to the hotel a couple of night for the kids disco not very impressive as it was on too late.Loungers around the pool or should I say lack or them were being allocated from as early as 5.30am in the morning, my husband had to set a daily alarm to go and claim longers or we had no where to sit all day.The breakfast and lunch at the village where very nice and the food was ok , the evening meal we didn't try as the village was desserted and nothing happening to keep you there. the local town is good, Gabour was pricey but excellent food, Sunbow is the best restaurant plenty of fun, the tandoori chicken is superb. (Beautiful!) Thats all I am saying try it out :-) . Dissapointed with the shingle beach as is was so pebbley that the kids wouldn't go in, We went up ti the harbour most nights quite good.we found a lovely restaurant called Grazie went there twice very nice food and service. Went to the waterpark which was a great day,the day was ruined ,when our party of 6 kid ranging from 6yrs -11yrs where secretly being filmed by a guy from outside the waterpark , he was behind the large boucy dome,outside the gates, we went to tell him to stop filming he didn't see a problem with this , later we spoke with him outside where the police where called and he was arrested , we still do not know what he was doing there as the police have never got in touch , Parents please be aware of this!!!(This could all be innocent but we will never know!)

Avanti Village, Deffinately not 4 Star more like 2 Star

by TripAdvisor Member busbySussex

Very disappointed with the Avanti Holiday Village.
We arrived early in the morning to be shown a map (not given a map) of the sight and then a pen waved around about the area where our apartment was.
Eventually we found it, only to find that the air conditining unit had broken, the shower had come away from the bathroom wall, the plaster had come away from the kitchen wall and the ceiling above the sink in the bathroom.
I had bought a 'Welcome Pack' for the tour operator only to find that it had been forgotten!
The lazy river had tiles coming off the sides and a disgusting black rim round it where it had not been cleaned for some time.
The main pool also did'nt appear to be cleaned.
The kids club was pretty much non existant
No entertainment in the evenings - not that that bothered us as we went out in the evenings.
Be careful when you eat out and check your bill as a couple of the restaurants we went to had overcharged us considerably.
I will not be recommending the Avanti Village to my friends in the future.
Cyprus is a beautiful country and well worth exploring.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sky21

We stayed in the Avanti Hotel for 1 week. Our room was situated on the 3rd floor looking onto the roof of the restaurant below. At the time we did not realise that we were also near the bar area and on our first night we could not sleep with the loud muic from the bar area. This music went on until about 12pm. I explained the situation the next morning to our rep and there was no problem in getting another room which was on the 4th floor and looking straight across at the beach hotel. This area was much more quieter so I would recommend asking for a room on this side of the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and were cleaned on a daily basis. The hotel staff were very friendly and heplful.

We had a meal on the 1st night we arrived (carvery night) in the hotel and it was just ok so we ate out for the rest of the week. I didnt really like the breakfast that much. There was a good variety but it just didn't taste that nice.

If you are eating out you have to try the Gabor restaurant (french) which is across the road from the hotel (swimming pool entrance to hotel) the food and service are excellent.

The pool area was lovely and was kept clean at all times. I really had no complaints about this hotel and would recommend it.

Very mixed !

by TripAdvisor Member jazzyjo

A large number of us stayed at the Avanti Village back in June 06. We chose the Avanti Village as it is self-catering and advertised good childrens facilities, also its classed as rare 4 star self catering. We also paid extra for breakfast at the Sister Avanti Hotel.

We arrived at 10pm at night with children and babies, obviously tired from the journey. We had booked two cots when we booked the holiday some 12 months beforehand. When we arrived at our rooms (no porters to help with luggage, just a rough map) there were no cots present. I made my way back to reception only to be told that the cots would arrive possibly the following day........not acceptable when you consider that we had a 10 month old and a 16 month old in your party. What made it worse was their lack of interest or concern. Eventually I called the Manager and after a heated discussion (they don't talk they shout and rant) I demanded that he find two cots eventually these arrived at about midnight. The Manager acted like he was doing me a big favour !!!!!.

The rooms themselves were very nice for self catering, not very old so havent got that very used look about them. The maid service is very hit and miss........some days we came back to our rooms at 6pm and they still had not got round to our rooms.

The pool is excellent if you can overlook the dirty scum round the edge. Nice shallow floating ring pool for the children. The entertainment for the children was not bad and there is a kids disco every night at the adjacent sister hotel.

If you book for breakfast its at the adjacent Avanti Hotel. Its about a 15 minute walk by the path......and about a 5 minute walk accross a dusty field and over a fallen down fence. The latter is not for people with pushchairs or walking difficulties.

I would not stay here again I would stay at one of the many lovely hotels in Paphos, such as the Athena Beach or the Amathus Beach.

Loved the Avanti

by TripAdvisor Member Davey 10

This is the second time we have stayed at the Avanti Village and it was up to it's normal high standard. The pool was cleaned daily and although the sun loungers were claimed from very early in the morning we were always able to find some (party of four). We don't use the kids club so can't comment on that. All that lets it down is the location. It's a pleasant 15-20 min walk to the harbour but this eventually becomes a bit of a chore.

As with other reviewers we tried Gabors and Chloe's, which were nice but didn't meet other review expectations. In the harbour I would recommend TC's. This is found at the back of the Paphos aquarium. Don't be put off by how it looks (a rock and roll bar) the food is excellent and cooked fresh to order. Make sure you are hungry before you go.

Average hotel, rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member Stimbe

Arriving to this hotel was a joke. We arrived early but of course asked if it would be possible to check in. Person in the front desk told as to wait as she calls to housekeeping and she'll let us know then. We waited for an hour without any further information. I got bored so we went for lunch and I told to front desk that we'll be back at 14.00 which is official check in time. Their answer was "Let's hope that room is ready at 14.00". When we came back the front desk woman had to call again to housekeeping to check if the room is ready or not. They had no problem to start arguing with customer wheather the room should be ready or not when the check in time has already passed and they knew perfectly well that we were coming. I asked to talk to the manager which she was unable to arrange. I also called to the manager but he/she was not available and then I did not bother to spend anymore time with this issue. I think it is better to tell to whole world in here. We got in the room but the floor was wet and clearly it had been cleaned in a rush. At this time the hotel was about half full so it should not have been a very big stretch to organize one room.

I also overheard another conversation with this same person in the front desk. Mom asked an extra pillow for her child and the answer was "Sorry, we don't have any". This happenend at night and of course the housekeeping was not working anymore but as mentioned before the hotel was not full and I bet there would have been easily hundreds of pillows available.

Pool area is great with sun shine all day long. Pool is big enough even for swimmming laps. Maybe a little bit dirty especially around the swim up bar area but nothing serious. Lots of sun beds available as well at this time of a year.

Gym is derisory equipped only with bench press, dumbells and couple of treadmills. There is a better gym with worse bench press in Avanti Hotel which Avanti Village guests may use as well.

The gym is not free which is very very odd. Same thing with jacuzzi and sauna which by the way will be heated only by request. I have never seen this kind of policy in any hotel before and I have travelled more than 30 countries. They ask some one pound or three pounds fees for using the gym or sauna. So they are not making the money with these payments. Maybe the purpose is just to annoy their guests. It works well because during one week stay I never saw anybody using the gym or sauna.

Breakfast is typical english breakfast with everything unhealthy. It was o.k. I guess and the price was not too bad compared to other restaurants nearby.

This for sure is not a four star hotel but that you can see already from hotel photos. So my expectations was not too high in first place. I would rate this average three star hotel. Room maybe a little bit worse. Room actually is quite interesting. It is spacious, well equipped and quite new but maybe the decoration makes it look a bit shabby. Not too bad anyway. I have been in a lot worse hotel rooms. Beds are rock hard which was fine with me but not with my girlfriend.

Hotel is located quite far from everything but bus stop is nearby which helps getting around. If I remeber correctly it is said in hotel info that the port is 15 min walk away. I have run a marathon but still I'm not fit enough to walk this distance in 15 min. I would say half an hour maybe.

Telephone did not work during our whole stay.

Somehow this review came out a bit negative. Overall this is not a bad hotel. Not good either. Don't expect to get four star room or service or you will be dissappointed.

some rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member padddy

We have just returned from the Avanti Hotel after a weeks holiday in Cyprus,overall it was a nice hotel,clean rooms,nice sunbathing areas,plenty of sunbeds etc, but the main thing which let the Hotel down was the attitude by a few members of their staff.I ordered drinks from the bar one night,making sure i used manners only to have my money "snatched" off me without being told the price of the drinks,then receiving the change,not on a plate as they normally do,but he just slammed it down onto the bar in a pool of spilt beer or water,i would not expect this treatment in a pub at home,never mind a hotel which i am paying a lot of money for.Also, a couple of people on the reception desk also had this ignorant attitude,as though when you ask them something,it seemed all too much trouble to get an answer from them.
We stayed at the hotel on a half board basis,the meals were fine and the waiting staff were fine ,until on the Saturday night the hotel was holding a function for the Mayor of Pafos and all the bigwigs from the council and police,the starting time of this coincided with evening meal time for the hotel guests,as it was taking place in the same room,you were made to feel like second rate,tables were not getting cleared or set ready for the next person etc,all the staff were made to make sure the function people were well looked after rather than the guests which gave it that uncomfortable feeling.
I would go back to the Avantibecause it was well situated but hopefully with a more cheerful group of staff!!!

avanti hotel

by scarling

hi every one
i will be going to paphos shortly and will be staying at the avanti hotel can any one give me any info on this hotel and its location we are only b&b so any one know some good places to eat and drink
cheers

maggzzy

Re: avanti hotel

by lolatonk

Hi
This hotel is quite nice, it's in a pretty good location not far from main tourist area. There are some good restaurants to eat in - Max William's is in the old town - not far away about 5 mins by taxi or 10-15 walking - owned by english people and great food, Chloes chinese restaurant is alos really good if you like chinese, although you may need to book, it is on the main road about 5 mins past the aloe hotel, again not too far away. There is also lots of bars along bar street, hollywood, robin hood, bubbles - club and starksy and huthc if you want the clubs are cool, play great english seventies & eighties music. There is also a great ice cream place called Pinguinos also serving ok food, as well as macdonalds (!) and pizza hut for those wanting a good uk feast!! It's all pretty ok and the prices are reasonable - porbably averaging around £20 for a meal for 3. hope this helps!

Comments