Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel

Tags

Beaches Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Luxury Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Stop Searching Elsewhere – By Far the 1st Choice!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 28, 2014

It is one of the most beautiful and serene hotels in Paphos. An adult’s only resort –perfect if you are looking for peace and quiet and a place to unwind and take it easy, the Asimina has to be a top contender. A sublime resort with beautiful gardens and stunning Mediterranean vistas, it is also ideal for a honeymoon vacation.
Guests have the alternative to choose out of 4 hotels of the Constantinou Bros. properties. I have visited all four and each and every one is unique in its kind.

This is my 2nd stay at this amazing ‘Community’. You see, this is the general feeling about a stay in any of the 4 hotels of the Company and repeaters know it well.

STAFF/SERVICE: The staff’s friendliness throughout the resort was exemplary. High quality personalized service of excellence. Of course this reflects to the effort put into training the staff. The people behind starting from the bellboys to the management, are a bunch of professionals whose aim is to make guests feel the authentic Cypriot hospitality. Guests feel valued and respected.

WARM WELCOME: Check-in is made very personal and different from any other hotel I stayed so far. (I could have written pages for this hotel if it hadn’t been for the word limit) Guests have their own counsellor and are escorted in the trendy check-in lounge for a welcoming drink and canapé. The treat can be anything from a glass of champagne to some wine or water. In my case I had a sparkling wine, had a friendly chat and was escorted to the suite for the last instructions.

LOCATION: Right on the coast, sharing a sandy beach with its sister Pioneer hotel. Situated in Kato Paphos just 2 km from the centre and a bus stop a few metres away. The Paphos & Larnaca airports are a 20 and a 90 minute drive (15 & 140 km) respectively.

SUITE: (Interior of all suites is alike with the difference of space & some extra amenities)
I had the #115, Executive Sea view & Gardens Suite on the ground floor with a private pool with Jacuzzi. Contemporary lines, functional and trendy, designed to offer the absolute delight of a stay.

I would awake to the gorgeous view of the beautiful gardens with the many palm trees, the sounds of the waves lapping against the coast….the best way to start a day of blissful relaxation.

I would spend much time relaxing on the bamboo loungers and lazing by my private pool admiring the glorious setting. Sitting outside at the end of the day and watching the sunset was a bliss. It is hard to leave the comfort of such suite and go out.

The Espresso machine and Coffee/Tea making facilities are very welcoming. Some dainty morsel and a bottle of wine are highly appreciated.

BATHROOM: Luxurious, chic fittings & amenities that spoil guests similar to hotels I stayed in at the Emirates. (All en-suite bathrooms of this hotel have almost the size of a small standard hotel room with the exception of a Jacuzzi bath in executive suites).
Mine, has a Jacuzzi bathtub, a walk in rainfall shower and a separate toilet & shower cubicle. Toiletries here are the Korres brand 50ml, a hairdryer, magnifying mirror, scales, robes, slippers and extra plastic ones for the outer deck. If this is not pampering…then what?

Be sure to book a sea or garden view. Otherwise don’t bother much about booking here. The word ‘stunning’ is very little to describe the view. The double glazed windows open to a breathtaking oasis. Wi Fi is complementary in all suites and it is fast as well.

POOLS / GARDEN: The 2 outdoor swimming pools of shimmering blue fresh water offer respite from the summer heat and there are loungers and parasols for everyone to relax with a chilled drink from the Pool Bar. Freshly cut fruit and napkins are offered in regular sequence.

Traditional chlorine pools are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Both pools including those of the suites, have fresh water. I have noticed that the water in saltwater pools feels more natural and totally different from chlorine swimming pools. The garden and pool area is an oasis with no noise or disturbance from crying kids running around like crazy.

ELIXIR SPA: The SPA here might not be eye catching, it is smaller than those I come across in 5* hotels but there are professionals behind treatments, and Gym facilities are of top-notch. A relaxing massage individually tailored to the guest’s needs is a great way to recover from your flight or prepare for the journey home. I highly recommend the Stress Release Body Massage –I had it myself, muscle tension was relieved right away and of course there are more on the list.

BREAKFAST: (Open kitchen) Enriched full English buffet with ample of everything. Local deli items, yoghurt, fresh juice, and all kinds of local desserts, cakes, biscuits and anything you could expect out of a luxury 5* hotel. The restaurant opens at 7.30 am – 11.00 ….what a treat!

ESTIA RESTAURANT:
Themed night buffets, with choice from the Table D’Hote Menu. I dined at this restaurant last year, I was totally satisfied with the food and service but on this visit I chose to dine at the other restaurant for several reasons.

KYMATA:
This à la carte restaurant stands out and is extremely popular with guests. It offers elegant meals at lunchtime and gourmet dining in the evening.

Besides the nice cuisine I love its location which is unbeatable. What better way to finish your day, merging with nature in its tranquility and enjoy your dinner over the sounds of the sea, the lazy bay waves lapping against the beach, -not to mention the galaxy of stars overhead which are much brighter here.

The cost is reasonable enough; some nights Christos –well known to repeaters, plays and sings amazing ballads with his guitar. The menu list has several meat dishes as well, ranking from €14.50 to €37.50.
I dined here all 4 nights & tried several Seafood dishes.

SALADS & COLD STARTERS: The Smoked Salmon Rolls with cream cheese at €14.50, had excellent taste & presentation. The Caprese Salad for €12.50 was refreshing all right but it did not excite me. On the contrary I loved the Shrimp Cocktail. I expected it presented in either a bowl or a glass but it comes flat on a dish and the presentation is amazing just as the taste is. (€12.50).

SOUPS: Don’t miss the classic French Onion Soup. (€7.50) It is one of the ways I judge restaurants, so if they have it on the menu I try it for sure and the taste was great.

HOT STARTERS: I tried all three from the list. The Greek style Grilled Prawns for €16.00, the Roasted Asparagus for €11.50 and the Seared Scallops with Truffle Beurre Blanc. Each appetizer had its unique taste, flavorsome and cooked or boiled to perfection. The last one costs €16.50 and they are all super yummy!

FISH: Out of this list I had 2 different dishes. The Grilled Salmon with Dill Sauce for €15.50. Tender enough but I had more expectations out of this dish.
I tried the Grilled Swordfish Asimina for €15.50, -totally disappointed and left it untouched. Swordfish does respond well to acidic flavors like lemon and onion, and it responded well with the dill yoghurt sauce that it was topped with, but if the fish is not fresh then forget it! What I had was tasteless and not tender at all.

Tip: Have in mind that ‘Fish’ dishes on page 8 are not the catch of the day. I had no idea and realized it much later when I turned down the grilled swordfish. If you are out for Fresh seafood you have to place your order 24 hours in advance.

PASTA DISHES: I tried the Lobster Spaghetti for €35.00. The rich texture of the sauce enhances the flavor of tender lobster and the dish was great.

BEVERAGE: I paired my seafood with the Cornetto a superb medium rose. It stands out for its refined aroma and thirst-quenching freshness. (€7.00 glass)
The French Chardonnay I had on two nights was smooth with an intense volume on the palate.

DESSERT: The list indicates 5 choices. Fruit platter is at €7.90, the Crème brûlée which I love but constantly avoid due to calories, costs €6.50. Instead I asked for a Lemon Sorbet one of the nights. After all, sorbets are unique, low calorie and so refreshing especially after seafood. The one I had was great –like a smoothie or lemon gelato.
Another night I tried the Coupe Romanoff out of curiosity. (€6.90) Ok, nice presentation, several would love it, but personally it did not excite me. The combination of strawberries with ice-cream is fine, but whipping cream on top plus strawberry syrup…sorry this is too much!

Count the fudge Chocolate cake in! A heavenly taste and moist texture. (€6.90)
The last day I had the ‘Cake of the Day’ selected by the Pastry Chef. A Timeless Classic cake that never goes out of style and which I love. Carrot Cake is my all-time favorite and it was light with fine texture and finger linking good. Try it!

Of course for a more intimate setting, guests can enjoy a romantic evening for two by the Pier in a cozy candlelight-filled atmosphere overlooking the beautiful coast. Look out for the Deluxe Package option.

IN ALL: The hotel may not be one of the most luxurious on the strip but, to me it is one of the most peaceful, friendliest places I have ever stayed in. On this second visit I arrived indeed as a friend, but when I said goodbye to everyone I felt like leaving behind a family.
The overall levels of service was beyond excellent as always. Traditional values count a lot here.
All 4 hotels are operated in the true Cypriot tradition of hospitality and this makes me proud of being a Cypriot myself because Cypriots pride indeed for their hospitality.

Nearby Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Paphos Travel Forum

Need advice about Paphos, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Paphos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paphos hotel reviews

Saranta Kolones Castle
Saranta Kolones Castle
The Lighthouse, Odeon & Agora
Things to Do
The Exhibition Centre -The World of Cyprus Birds!
The Mosaics of Kato Paphos
Adonis Baths/Waterfalls
HARBOUR AREA
Bird and Animal Park
Things to Do
Unbeattable quality, reasonable prices!
A Restaurant in the village of Fyti
The Mycenean Settlement of Palaiocastro Maa
Aphrodite's Bath
Events and Special Celebrations
Restaurants
Culture next to tourism: the beautiful mosaics.
Not to be missed!