Theas Afroditis Avenue, 8101 Paphos

Expedia.com Booking.com Splendia.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Tranquil Relaxing Paradise for Demanding Guests

I can write pages about this specific luxury Adult-only hotel, which is one of four Constantinou Bros properties. In fact the Asimina is their little Gem and the one that stands out among the rest in Paphos. During my stay I tried hard to find the slightest flaw but I gave up! So, if you want to REALLY enjoy a True 5* Luxury holiday read on. The outside look does not tell much but you will notice what I mean from the moment you step in.

ARRIVAL: Instantly you feel this exceptionally personalized special touch of service scarcely found elsewhere. Guests don’t have to wait a moment by the reception desk and are escorted to the Check-in lounge by an attendant or counsellor. In my case it was Veronica who served me canapis and a drink and smiling she said that this can be anything, from water to a glass of champagne. A nice gesture the treat of welcome indeed! She escorted me to the suite after a brief introduction, while the luggage was already up and with discreet she gave me the last instructions regarding the suite facilities.

LOCATION: A superb location. Actually, it could not be better. Away from traffic, busy and noisy bars but yet a 10 minute walk to the centre and 300 metres to the nearest bars and restaurants…I wonder who needs them! Not many are interested to leave this oasis. The coastal path is long and extends up to the fishing port of Paphos thus making it popular with tourists.

STAFF/MANAGEMENT/SERVICE: If I had to cover this in three words I would write Efficiency, Quality service, Professionalism. Many employees are multilingual, they have a helpful attitude that makes guests feel welcome and they shape experiences in which every guest feels cared of, valued and respected. I won’t mention names because my list as I see it includes 14 already. Starting from the porters, the reception, the Chef de Cuisine, and the rest of the chefs and cooks and housekeeping. I was amazed from the unparalleled level of excellent service provided, the way everyone works on the least detail for the comfort, preference, taste and style of each individual.

SUITE: The sea view suite I had was #230 and it was fabulous. Exactly how it looks on the website and I felt as if I was stepping in a familiar place. Well quipped, spacious, spotless and fragrant. The interior contemporary but elegant at the same time, unique to spoil the demanding guest providing an atmosphere of supreme style and distinguished comfort.

The bed was huge and comfortable and in general all amenities provided were of high quality and standards. There was a flat screen LCD satellite TV in the bedroom and one more in the separate and comfortable living room, radio, safety deposit box, mini bar, ironing facilities, and a DVD player.

Coffee/Tea facilities were provided and replenished daily but there was also an extra Espresso machine with 4 capsules provided but you had to buy extras if you needed more.

The Complimentary treat -a bottle of Red wine, a couple of fruit and dessert were a nice gesture and highly appreciated.

BATHROOM: The marble luxury en-suite bathroom was amazing –top line at every aspect. Light and space is what I am after in a bathroom besides anything else and here there was ample of both. Chic fittings and amenities that indeed spoil the guest. Luxurious and impressive, which in reality was like 3 rooms in one because of the toilet and shower cubicle. A walk in rainfall shower, a huge bathtub -disappointing that it was not a Jacuzzi though but this is only provided exclusively in the Executive Suites!

Twin basins, scales, robes, slippers, a hairdryer, a magnifying mirror and the amazing Korres brand 50 ml toiletries plus some extras –all these give extra pampering!

As for the view, the word “stunning” is very little to describe it. It is worth paying the few extra to get a sea view suite. I would get up early each morning with the first light, open widely the double glazed windows, sit at the balcony having my first cup of coffee, only to enjoy the fragrant sea breeze brought by the palm trees swaying in the horizon.

The picture differed each day depending on the weather and I would wait eagerly for this moment. The view from the suite overlooking the palm trees created an exotic scene. A palette of colors red, orange purple and yellow, was as if I was watching a different painting each afternoon. I see my pictures and long to be back already.

GARDENS: Perfectly maintained, immaculate, landscaped gardens with Palm trees of different sizes overlooking the crystal clear sparkling turquoise Mediterranean waters. The garden ends where the beach begins in reality and this is wonderful because there are sun-loungers and cabanas hanging out next to the coast as well. The majority of them are spread equally all around the beautiful premises many of which stand on blue grass and around the pool and guests can enjoy privacy as there is plenty of space between them. Hammocks however should have been more because 4 are not enough! The whole premises are like an oasis of luxury where you forget what takes place outside.

SWIMMING POOL: It has a peculiar shape and I would say it is ideal for cooling off and not a pool to swim in reality. The 4 days I was here I only saw one or two persons swimming while the rest were sunbathing, reading books or simply carried away by this stunning scenery and sun kissed tranquility which to everyone’s luck, the weather was amazing with full sunshine the whole day long reaching the 29C and it was October! Some guests occupy loungers for a whole day long even when they are away which is unfair and I heard this complain from two couples I got acquainted with during my stay. Refreshing napkins and freshly cut fruit are offered to guests by the pool and garden my friends told me, but I have never come across this service myself because I was out swimming.

BEACH: As for the beach it was warm and nice but I would get into the water through the hotel’s jetty which I found handy like everyone else. I have to admit though that I had a totally different picture of the coast, allured by the first photo on their website showing a lady walking barefoot wearing a blue hat which is a bit misleading. The photo taken is quite old and although the coast is the same, this amazing beach as it appears on the website and in brochures and the hotel’s catalogue is not exactly what guests see today. Probably if the owners renew the photo the beach will look more exotic and beautiful, giving the real picture of how the coast is now. As it is, you have the impression of a very long flat sandy coast which in reality is not. The private Cabanas on the beach, the Palm trees that extend up to the coast create a picture of an oasis and the stay will be one you will always cherish.

WI FI: Fast connection and free in all suites.

RESTAURANTS: Two restaurants in reality and I tried both. Buffet breakfast (7:30 -11:00) with an amazing choice of anything you can think. There is no way to try it all even if you spend a week here. It is breakfast for a diverse group of guests and the variety is enough to fill you up till dinner. Everything is of excellent taste, nutrient and fresh. If you really love to eat, this is a paradise of gastronomic bliss with an extensive choice that you could ever wish for! Buffet lunch is quite popular (open kitchen) with multiple choice of dishes, exceptional quality, nice presentation and impeccable service.

Kymata, the a la carte quality restaurant is unbelievably popular with guests. The dishes here are exquisite culinary creations and I can recommend a few that I tried. The sommelier and supervisor however will be pleased to help you choose the right dish. Personally I tried the Greek style Prawns for €16.00, the Grilled Salmon dish with dill sauce and the Grilled Swordfish Souvlaki for €15.50 respectively. I tried the Seafood Linguini for €16.50 and Oysters (6 pieces) for €24.00. Each and every dish was divine. Be sure to try some Cypriot wine. Mario will suggest the appropriate for the dish you pick. I tried a few but I liked the Cornetto rose for €6.00. €22.00 the bottle. Cyprus wines are excellent due to the climate and this specific one matures at low temperatures and has a refined aroma creating unexpected pleasure on the nose and palate.

SPA: I did not have the opportunity to try any of the treatments here but honestly the whole environment, the amazingly beautiful weather, the high temperature were calling out for outdoor activities so I did not bother.

TIP: In all, I believe it justly ranks top on the charts. It might not be a cheap hotel but it excels at service, glamour and luxury by far other hotels in Paphos. So, if you want to pamper yourselves and experience all the above, this is the right place to be.

More about Paphian Bay Hotel

Very good for a 3*

by Muzzy&Funtik about Paphian Bay

very nice hotel, i'd say more than 3*, we had B&B and breakfast is realy tasty, dont miss it, it ends at 10, although 1 minute to 10 they still serve everything. pool is small but you can use neighbour hotel's that belongs to same "Constantinou bros" Chain. Every room has a full garden+pool+sea view.
Location is also comfortable: Paphian aphrodite waterpark is just across the road (5 minutes walking), 10 mins walking for the nearest car rent office, 5 mins by bus to the town centre/harbour. Paphian Bay is also the closest hotel on to the airport.
Only bad impression is how once we had a giant cockroach in our room which was very scary! Anyway we sorted it out pretty fast with a little help of a friendly (at 2 am:) cypriot guy from receprion. They are all so friendly and always ready to help, it even takes time to get used to it!
Sea is nice warm and clean once you pass the sea-weed mash at knee-deep distance. To avoid rocks on the bottom, try the right side of the beach where it is sand. For lunch in hotel i'd recommend halloumi sandwich (actually any type of halloumi (goat cheese) especially grilled is tasty, i still see it in my dreams sometimes and my mouth is watering)
On saturday we had "Management cocktail" with champaign & tartalets, almost every night there's a nice show with live music, although its mainly for those above 40 y.o
So yes, definitely recommended

Paphian bay hotel Paphos

by marieangel

Hi am checking out hotels for next year. Can anyone tell me anything about the beach at this hotel? We are after mainly sandy with shallow easy access water for a 3 year old. Does this location match up? Any other information welcome.
Many thanks.

Re: Paphian bay hotel Paphos

by leics

There's a good beach pic on their website (click it to enlarge):

Sandy yes, but looks to me as if it shelves quite steeply so not very good for unaccompanied splashing (but you wouldn't allow a 3-yr-old in the sea without watching carefully all the time anyway, would you?). To be honest, as far as I recall, many of the beaches around Paphos shelve fairly steeply (from a small child's pov). Am sure there will be a shallow children's pool on site where he/she can wallow to their heart's content though.

Comments