3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

More about Paphos

Ayia Kyriaki, Paphos, Cyprus 2010Ayia Kyriaki, Paphos, Cyprus 2010

Aphrodite's Birth PlaceAphrodite's Birth Place

Panaya Chrysopolitissa ChurchPanaya Chrysopolitissa Church

Just one of the mosaics.......Just one of the mosaics.......

Travelling to the North

by sallyann1983

Hi We are spending 2 weeks in August in Paphos, but I have a good friend who lives In TRNC, and I would like to meet up with her.I have a few questions I need help with please
Is it easy to drive from Paphos to Kyrenia, if I can get a hire company who will allow it?
Can I get transport from Paphos to Nicosia easily,so I could walk over the border and meet my friend on foot?
Answers to these questions will help us decide the best way to go
Many Thanks

Re: Travelling to the North

by leics

I think you will find it difficult (maybe impossible, not sure as it's been a while since I hired a car in Pafos) to find a hire company which will allow you to take your car over the border. You will certainly have to pay an extra insurance premium if you do.

The best idea is to either hire a car, drive and park in S Nicosia or take the bus to Nicosia. Then meet your friend by crossing at the pedestrian crossing point in central Nicosia. A car would be best as it will give you as long as you like with your friend.

You can find the intercity bus timetables here:

or here

Travel Tips for Paphos

Eat a meze. This is great....

by Umfufu

Eat a meze. This is great. This are all little meals with all the goodies from Cypres. My best memory is the tree with all the white things in it (from underwear till napkins) where you can make a wish for the ones you love who is (very) ill. I made a wish and the person who i made the wish for is still alive...

Cockroaches never die.

by wkdblonde

Beach bag...and if you are going out for the nightlife, a bag that closes well! Hats. Never enough hats! -Dehydration tablets - drinking and sun? not a good mix.
-SUNCREAM! It gets so very hot!
-Mossie repellant. The most treasured possessions I own, are my many photos from wonderful holidays in Pafos. Do not forget a camera, although disposables are not hard to find.

The lighttower

by globetrott

The lighttower has nothing to do with the excarvations of the Roman times, but it is still inside its fences and you can go there and take a look for a great view of the city of Paphos. The lightower seems to be out of duty nowadays and also the house next to it was not inhabited anymore. From the lighttower you will get within a few minutes to the Odeon, Asclepion & Agora - see it in my next tip!

Marilyn

by Dick33 about monroes brewery bar

It was quite quiet the night we went. I am a fan of Marilyn so we found it and went for a drink I had a pint of Presidential ale they told me it was brewed on the premises and it was very nice. Some of the Marilyn memorabilia was a little tacky but overall a nice pub and a good pint. Casual

Pavaroti

by kayleigh06 about Pavaroti

Pavaroti's restaurant as you can tell by the name is an Italian restaurant around 1.5km from Paphos Harbour. It is a small, quiet yet well run restaurant with 6 tables (i think if i can remember) so its an ideal place for them quiet nights out. Its an easy place to go for a nice Italian meal aswell as to spend the night relaxing. The restaurant is ideal for both famililes and couples and the food is definatly above average.

Comments