Daphne Hotel Apartments

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Paphos

Phaedra and Hippolytus Mosaic, Paphos, Cyprus 2010Phaedra and Hippolytus Mosaic, Paphos, Cyprus 2010

Market area.Market area.

A tiny sample of pot sherdsA tiny sample of pot sherds

Guardian of the tombsGuardian of the tombs

hotels within walking distance to the Athena Beach

by k4ydx

Hi,

My friend is getting married at the Athena Beach Hotel next year and I am wondering if anyone could give me advice on any hotels nearby to this one and of varying buget requirements, quite a few friends are keen to attend the wedding but are lookign for cheaper accomodation. If anyone knows of any could you please let me know and roughly how close they are to the Athena Beach.

I myself will be taking my baby - at the time of the wedding she will be 11 months so need a hotel that caters for children.
Thanks
K

Re: hotels within walking distance to the Athena Beach

by leics

The Athena Beach is some way outside Pafos itself....at least a mile from the harbour area (Kato Pafos).

It's on Poseidonos Ave, which is a long road next to the sea with loads of hotels along it. There are buses in the daytiome which run along this road to/from the harbour area, and taxis of course.

You won't have any problems finding hotels along Poseidon/Poseidonos Avenue...many of them are huge resort hotels (like the Athena Beach) but a few are smaller.

Both the following sites are reliable, have good mapping nd honest guest reviews:

You will find more hotel info if you google 'paphos hotels'.

If you are from the UK and staying for a reasonable length of time, it might be worth checking out First Choice, who use several hotels in Pafos and more than one on Poseidonos Avenue. They do some good deals.

Travel Tips for Paphos

Great weather

by piersend

The weather is pretty good all year round in Cyprus, we have been there twice in August and the weather is blistering-clouds are at a premium :))) Waking up in the morning to a sunny day-unlike most days in the UK!

Fabrika Hill

by leics

Fabrika Hill is a warren of rock-cut tombs and ancient shrines/churches. It was part of Nea Pafos (the North Gate of the city was there) and there were clearly buildings on the top as well because the whole site is covered in pot sherds and bits of masonry (I even found a piece of mosaic flooring). In Medieval times the hill was used as an industrial site (hence the name), possibly using up ancient fragments of marble in lime-kilns.

The hill is not signed, and I suspect few tourists bother to explore it. Take care if you do, because the ground is rough (although there are a few paths laid out) with plenty of potholes for the unwary. It's well worth a wander though.

Walk from the harbour area towards the main road to the Tombs of the Kings. Fabrika Hill is one the right as you come to the traffic lights.

Toilets........

by leics

I'm never quite sure where to put this vital information; it's not really 'off the beaten path', although these particular public toilets are not signed at all.

Anyway, there are some rather nice (and very clean) free public toilets tucked away behind the Customs House on Pafos harbour. You wouldn't know they were there, but they are. Just go up the side of the building and you'll see them (you may also see the Customs Officers' barbeque, but they won't mind).

The best in Coral Bay

by eggbilly about Palm Grove

Set in a corner position, we missed this place the first three times we went out, but once we tried it, we had to go back again.

The waiters are extremely attentive and the food is the best we had during our two weeks.

Mousakka is by far the tastiest we had and the wine was good too. Prices were average.

Eating out in general (6 of us, but the baby always had chips) was not too pricey I guess - our average bill was ý54 cyprus pounds of course, including a couple of rounds of drinks. Mousakka
Kleftiko
Stiffado

nice food for CYP5.95

by kayleigh06 about Camares Cafeteria Restaurant

We first went to this Restaurant on the way back to the apartments one afternoon to get a quick bite to eat, then we decided to try it on the evening one evening amd the food here is proper nice! I would recommend it to anyone! The people themselves are really nice and the restaurant is very clean and quick with the service. There is also nice seats upstairs with good views of the harbour. Well i had a burger in the daytime and was one of the best burgers i have ate.

On the evening I had a sirloin steak which i found quite big and it definatley filled me up and I would recommend the steak to anyone.

Comments