InterContinental Aphrodite Hills Resort

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Family Travel Spa and Resort Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

Get stress at Aphrodite hills resort hotel paphos

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2008

Open your eyes at InterContinental Aphrodite Hills hotel, Paphos in Cyprus as somebody will try always to cheat you…
We had found in internet an "interesting" two night vacation called 2 –Day Christmas Eve in a Deluxe Room with Pool or Garden View package at the luxury InterContinental Aphrodite Hills hotel: a resort village 20 km from Paphos for 198 euro per person (that was the price mentioned on the website for that offer ) the offer was reserved to the local market.... (anyway we are from Nicosia).
At the check in we were welcomed by reception and we expected to pay 198 euro x 3: totally 594 euro, we were three person.
But, as a big surprise for us the receptionist asked us to pay 180 euro per person per each “NIGHT”…. totally 1080 euro. We were shocked from such unexpected proposal and we started to argue with receptionist girl called Anna. After about 20 min. of the argue and stress from our side, as we need to show and to explain what should be the right bill, the girl told us that she will check better in the reservation system, what she did and finally she apologized for the mistake done during the reservation time from other person. Then she asked us to pay 794 euro, 594 in advance for 3 persons for 2 days package and 200 euro in advance for the mini bar, in case we will take some drinks, it will be already paid. Ok, we accepted that. Then our two night short vacation started. During our stay we always felt uncomfortable, caused from the girls of reception, which were looking at us with a bit strange hostile looking…. Anyway we didn’t care so much about that and we tried to continue our “relaxing” short vacation… The sauna and the pool to be honest was nice, but too small. We expected more from a 5 star Aphrodite Hills hotel resort….
On 25 morning we booked a Thai massage in the Aphrodite Hills Spa, my masseur to be honest was pressing so much on my body with her little and acuminate fingers that I couldn’t relax at all. My wife instead of me ,got a good masseur she was ok. The day after, our last day at 11:00 AM, we got a Swedish massage from the same Thai girls in the same Thai room with elephants on the wall, but this time I was lucky… my masseur was ok. My wife instead, was suffering so much from the massage of Thai girl that she wanted to run away before time , but she kept strong , shame to offend the “masseur”.
At 12:30 on 26 of December , so called boxing day, we went to the last lunch included in the package, we arrived in the lunch room and the waiter, very kind one, showed us our sitting place “OUTSIDE” on the balcony on the temperature of about 17 grades, we were again shocked from the such proposal (it was sunshine outside, but really cold) and we started to argue with the waiter which told us that the lunch room was fully booked (the room was totally empty….). Then I start to scream on the waiter of Aphrodite Hills, who’s face was like a stone when he told us that he will ask to the boss, if he can solve “our problems”. After a few minutes they gave us a table in the lunch room. We were eating for almost 40 min, and in that time only a half room was occupied from clients.
So we tried to enjoy the food, but the stress we have got from the time spent on the argue, inhibited that.
Then, we finished our lunch and went away, but the waiter was running after us with the bill of 87 euro, in his hand pretending we should have paid the bill of that lunch. But I have to spent my time to explain that the lunch was included in the package, then, the stone face waiter immediately apologize for the mistake and charged us only the drink, 6 euros.
After the nice lunch, we went to pack ready to pay the rest and go finally away from that place. But something in my mind told me that probably something else will follow again……
And it was….
At the reception a girl called Veronica (polish one probably ) tried to charge us again 180 euro per person per every night, totally 1080 euro instead of 594, plus of course 6 spa treatments done during our stay . My patience level went down, it was the last drop I start to scream to the girl… in the same moment I could hear a couple on my left hand side, arguing with another receptionist for the same problem, they try to overcharge their bill as they were doing for us. After 30 min. of the stress at the Aphrodite Hills reception desk, I had to go back to the room to collect all the invoices which we got at our arrival, while checking in to show them again our right and to proof their mistake done at the reservation. Then, before I could show the document printed at arrival, Veronica finally spoke to her Manager, which was right there, arguing with other couple for the bill, and she had confirmed that we were correct and then with a big face of stone apologized for the mistake which was done from other people at the reservation, trying to convince us that she “was not guilty” at all for that.
Finally we had paid what we have to pay and went away with a ruined feeling of Christmas 2008. Thanks to the crock management of intercontinental Aphrodite Hills hotel in Paphos….

Stay alive at the intercontinental Aphrodite Hills hotel in Paphos!

Unique Quality: food

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Paphos Travel Forum

Need advice about Paphos, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Paphos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paphos hotel reviews

Saranta Kolones Castle
Saranta Kolones Castle
The Lighthouse, Odeon & Agora
Things to Do
The Exhibition Centre -The World of Cyprus Birds!
The Mosaics of Kato Paphos
Adonis Baths/Waterfalls
HARBOUR AREA
Bird and Animal Park
Things to Do
Unbeattable quality, reasonable prices!
A Restaurant in the village of Fyti
The Mycenean Settlement of Palaiocastro Maa
Aphrodite's Bath
Events and Special Celebrations
Restaurants
Culture next to tourism: the beautiful mosaics.
Not to be missed!
Nice view of the Marina and Castle
Restaurants
beware of cheap goods in paphos harbour
Warnings and Dangers