Kotsias Villas

Kotsias Villas
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

More about Paphos

Melania restaurant paphos cyprus prawns and fishMelania restaurant paphos cyprus prawns and fish

Direct bus Paphos to Nicosia.Direct bus Paphos to Nicosia.

Sunset over the Nile in Cairo.Sunset over the Nile in Cairo.

Loculi (burial slots)Loculi (burial slots)

Paphos Airport, cheapest option?

by Brett-Wallace

Ok guys, I need your help here.
I hear that its expensive to take a taxi from Paphos airport to Paphos.
I nees to go to Akteon Holiday Village and wonder if we could take a bus and if so, wher from exactly and how much would this cost?

Re: Paphos Airport, cheapest option?

by leics

will give you some info.

I had a package transfer when I visited, but I do know that Pafos bus services are not particularly wide-ranging or frequent. Bus timetables here:

There is a discrepancy between websites as to whether there is actually a bus or not: my feeling is that you should assume not (especially as it does not feature on the timetable).

Unless you plan on staying within the holiday village itself (which is not in Pafos but at Chloraka 'a few minutes' drive from Pafos') or paying for taxis, perhaps you might consider hiring a car (which really is useful for exploring this lovely island) and driving yourself from the airport? They drive on the left, so it is exceptionally easy for those of us from the UK! :-)

Re: Paphos Airport, cheapest option?

by intertraveler

Hi,
You can book a shuttle tranfers, I have used this service before and cheaper than a taxi.
Have looked at www.resorthoppa.com and from Paphos airport to Coral Bay price £17.79 each return. To Kato Paphos most probably cheaper.They also do taxi tranfer but more expensive if there is only two people.
It may be cheaper still if you can book directly to a company in Cyprus have a look at Paphos Airport website there may be links to transport to and from the airport.
Paphos Airport a just been rebuilt very smart but the prices of drinks and food is expensive.

Michael

Travel Tips for Paphos

Banks close early on a Friday

by cappielow1

Be aware that Banks close around 1 p.m. on a Friday and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. Although there are a number of kiosks which will change currencey, it's advisable to make sure that you have enough funds to cover you for the weekend.

Car Hire

by Bevphelan

We hired a car from a local firm they differ sligtly in price but check the insurance some of them have an excess and this differs up to £100 some have full insurance including collision waiver damage as well this is the best one as if anything does happen it wont cost you anything at all. So read the small print.

But once you have got your car they drive on the left as we do in the UK so it was really easy no extra thought had to go into "now which way is it around this roundabout". The sign posts are much the same as uk too. But make sure you stick to speed limits as we saw 5 different radar police checks in one day. Lucky I was driving so we were under the speed limit and not my lead footed husband. Who would have been bombing about and get us a speeding fine (again).

We went most of the way around the island well the greek part anyway. We found the island to be greener than we thought. This is a must do acitivity dont be concerned if you have never driven abroad before, it isnt like driving abroad as you are on the same side of the road as back home well in the UK. Go on give it a go you will be glad you did.

paphos "bar street"

by clairendkay05 about Space bar

If you're going to paphos anytime soon, you just have to visit bar street. Me and my mate went there every nite of our hol, it was amazin. Full of the sexiest lads ever, the workers are gorge!!! You should visit Space bar, if you go past it and you're a nice lookin girl danny will probably flirt with you and drag u in anyway ;-)
So if you go past space, tell danny claire and kay say hi *Aug 05*

Harbour restaurants

by clouds111 about The Pelican

It takes a lot for me to do a bad review of a restaurant but here we go... The Pelican sells itself as a Seafood restaurant but as you can imagine as a harbour restaurant it a bit of a tourist trap. The menu caters for everyone's taste, from pasta, burgers, seafood, so called Cypriot food and plenty more. The menu took about 15-20 minutes to read through, so this should be warning enough! I thought I'd try something traditional so went for the Moussaka and truely wish I hadn't, it was so tastless and the chips that they had served with it were like rubber. I'm afraid to say that I've had more tasty mircowave Moussaka's at home. I had to send it back but the owner kindly didn't charge for it.

My friends had the seafood Meze and although nothing really wrong with it there was nothing more to it than grilled fish etc with no seasoning.

The atmosphere here was not great either, with tables crammed in among the other numerous restaurants serving the same dishes. If you are looking for good traditional Cypriot food or a romantic night out than stay away for the harbour and The Pelican.

Cheapest drinks in town!

by piersend about Zante bar

They do Burgers and other snacks, but this bar is for casual drinkers really. Good Milk Shakes and Ice Creams though. The drinks here a re the cheapest in Coral Bay Keo 1 Cypriot Pound a pint! Cocktails 1.60-however they are not as strong as in some of the other bars. The Cypriots who own it are very friendly, although they don't speak English too well-they like to try though :) The is a wide screen telly for sporting events. Black Russian
Brandy Sours