Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel

Otel.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• alexincyprus's Profile Photo

All inclusive Heaven

I have just returned from my second minibreak to the Phaethon this year. The hotel is comfortable and even though it is closing all this winter for major refurbishment, the hotel is still one of the better in it's rating that I have stayed in. I had never been on an all inclusive package before, but the Louis Phaethon has set the standard for me now, my fear was that I would be treated differently as an all inclusive guest but the staff were excellent, very courteous and helpful even coming to guests tables just before the all inclusive drinks finished at midnight to make sure we didn't want anything else.

Breakfast Lunch and Dinner was served in the main restaurant, a good varied selection of local and international cuisine and snacks were served from the pool restaurant (summer only). The pool area is huge with lots of shaded areas and plenty of sunbeds. There is no beach to speak of but there is so much going on within the grounds who wants to go to the beach.

Unique Quality: What sets this hotel apart from others I have looked at is the entertainment and activities from the in house animation team and other entertainers. A full day time and night time program is available both summer and winter with something for everyone, but the team do not force participation from you if you just want to laze by the pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is holidaying in Paphos, for all inclusive guests they will provide packed lunches should you wish a day away from the pool.

• emboalex's Profile Photo

Good Food

Hotel may benefit from a little updating but very clean and comfortable. Food very good and enormous choice of dishes, but sometimes could have been hotter.
    All-inclusive package represented great value for money.
    "Mosaics" in Paphos (near harbour) are a must visit for any tourists, "Tombs of the Kings" a little disappointing but probably still worth seeing.
    Trip to Nicosia was a little disappointing, crossed the line into North Cyprus but nothing much to do and prices very similar.

Unique Quality: Good outdoor and indoor pools.
    Beach almost non existant.
    Good outdoor bowling green for any green bowlers.

• cazz38's Profile Photo

GREAT HOTEL.

The Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel was lovely.It has 422 rooms each with a balcony,air conditon or heating,hairdryer, safety deposit box(small charge).
    There is a large outdoor pool with a childrens section,indoor pool with jacuzzi,sauna and steam room and a gym.
    The restuarant served excellent food with a good choice of buffet meals and a seperate childrens side so the little ones could help themselves.Outside by the pool there is a snack bar and a coffee bar.
    In the evenings there is a show every night,bingo and a disco.

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

Great Hotel Jan 2004

This is a spacious Hotel with the pool leading onto the beach.
    The food in the restaurant is excellent with a varied selection .
    The bedrooms have been renovated in the last few years with plenty of wardrobe and draws.
    The bar service was very good and being on AI was better still as soon as your glass is near empty the waitress are there to take your order.

I read some reviews on this hotel www.realholidayreviews.com. These reviews amused me, one or two comments were this hotel is for the working classes. How do you define working classes, are they talking about doctors accountants etc or people who do menial work?.
    Also people are wearing football tops at diner regardless off the prices payed for these tops.

To me this is a good family hotel it is safe to give your children a free hand to do what they want which is more relaxing for the parents. Plus providing a lot off activities for children also. The best thing to me was the children's own buffet part of the restaurant a great idea.
    There should be no class distinction I did not realize that people are still living in the dark ages.

Although our stay was in the winter months I was inpressed by this hotel. but at the end off the day these are just my views.

Unique Quality: This is a very well run Hotel with a high standard of service.

There is also shops in the hotel.

Jewelers
    Car Hire
    Opticians
    Souvenier Shop

Directions: It is about 45 min walk into Paphos. You can walk to on the beach also, it is the flat part of Paphos
    It is one of the closest Hotels to the Airport

More about Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel

good hotel shame about the beach

by TripAdvisor Member shaz44

stayed at the louis phaethon from 1st jul until 8th jul. hotel was excellent, brilliant staff and the service was superb. could not fault the food, best hotel food we have ever had. pool area was nice, but very crowded as loungers are close together. this area was very busy as it was so hot in excess of 38 degrees every day. the sea was a let down as you could not go in there without hurting ur feet, lots of coral and stones underneath and therefore quite dangerous. the water sports at this hotel were fabulous. (extra fee for this). the room was a bit shabby but certainly not as bad as some of the reviews. it was clean, tidy and thats all that mattered. we would not go back to cyprus as it was too hot for us, but would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody.

Awful

I went to the hotel with my boyfriend for a relaxing weekend. We ended up leaving after the first night. It was horrible. The noice from the pool (all the children playing) was unbearable, the room was not clean, the bathroom needs serious updating, the sheets on the bed were scruffy and uncomfortable, the sofa bed had stains on it and in the middle of the night we saw quite a few insects in our room. The food was not good either. We were all inclusive and the only day that we stayed at the hotel we ate nothing.

It was one of the worse days of my life.

We booked this hotel thinking oohh is a 4* hotel (as the Tourism organisation in Cyprus says) but we could not believe why they gave it a 4*since it can only be awarded a 2* in European standards..

GREAT HOTEL - SHAME ABOUT THE DISCO

we have just come back from the louis pheathon hotel, we went as a group 2 families with 2 kids aged 10 and 14, on arrival we were greated with a cold drink and the staff made you really welcome, your suitcases were also taken up to your room which i found fab after your journey, the food was excellent and a great choice, we stayed all inclusive and we found this the best choice as the hotel was out of the way and you would have to taxi or bus into the town but this only cost a pound anyway, the entertainment was excellent except for the late disco which started about 11.30 to 1pm, the music was great for the first half an hour then the later session was mainly regae which after a week got on your nerves, this then emptied the place which was a shame as you could of had a good night, this is the only negative comment i have on the overall hotel. All the staff work really hard and i would like to commend them as they never are without a smile. I agree the beach is not up to much but the pool area and grassed area are massive and there are plenty of sun beds so there isnt a problem. I would definatley stay at this hotel again, but you do need to be all inclusive, also please be aware that all men have to wear long trousers for evenning meal, we did not know and had to go shopping for them. Overall a great hotel who work hard to make sure you have a good holiday.

good but not 4 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member marinosCyprus

i went there for three nights.its a good hotel but not a 4 star hotel.the breakfast was excellent,the pool good but the rooms need improvements.there is not a good beach nearby and if you want to find a supermarket you have to walk for at least 15 min.
i will not go again to this hotel because i think there are others in Paphos better and near the centre.
The possitive of the hotel was the staff.the staff was excellent.

Marriage in Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member hiprider

This hotel is ideally situated away from the noise of the town and yet near enough to the town to allow you to walk or catch a bus/taxi. My wife and I along with our 3 year daughter, parents and family stayed at this hotel for two weeks when we were married. The age range from 53 down to just 2 years old and each one of us enjoyed the holiday and had nothing bad to say about it. The staff were all excellent, very friendly and polite. The room was pretty much what you would expect from a hotel but it was all that you need and clean, afterall you dont go on holiday to spend all your time in your room. The all inclusive food and drinks were of a very high standard and you certainly wouldnt go hungry at this hotel, their was plenty of choice, even for the children. After the wedding ceremony when we arrived back at the hotel everyone stood and watched as we entered to the wedding march, the staff were so nice to us that day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to every one. As far as the beach goes, a one minute walk brings you out to a lovely public beach next to the hotel if you like beaches, otherwise grab a sun bed and relax by the pool or on the grass by the sea

Back again...and again...and again!

by TripAdvisor Member hle4

Having now been to this hotel 5 times (and with another visit already planned!) I probably know this hotel inside out. I loved it so much that for the past 2 years I've dragged my friends along with me and now they love it too. We collectively want to write a review to persuade those of you who are unsure, to go to this hotel - it will not disappoint you!

Firstly it tends to be the first drop off point from the airport and only takes about 15 mins so no long transfer time. If you arrive during the day you get a fresh orange juice on arrival but if you arrive later and have missed dinner you will find food in your room. Talking of the food there is a different country themed buffet each night with something for everyone (the only downside is that it is repeated every week so if you're staying 2 weeks it could get a bit samey, although being such good quality this is really irrelevant). There is also a pool bar during the day which serves snacks and its worth waiting for the pancakes/waffles at 4pm!

The pool itself is very clean and checked often. There isn't always a lifeguard but normally between 10-5 there is someone there. Even at peak time there tends to be sunbeds (which are free). IThere isn't really a sandy beach although you can sit on a grass area and look out to sea and if you walk about 200metres left there is more of a sandy beach.

If you're more of an active person there is plenty for you as the animation team keep you entertained day and night and are perhaps the biggest credit to the hotel. Activities include air rifles, archery, french bowles, shuffleboard and even on some days quad biking. They are keen for you to join in although not too pushy and are generally quite happy to chat away to you (in particular Dido!). There is also a kids disco, bingo and a show every night.

There are shops on site which are not necessarily more expensive than those 15minutes up the road. There is a "nightclub" although don't go expecting what we know as a nightclub, its just a disco with an animation team member as the DJ. There are 3 bars in total all open at different hours and the service is excellent (look out for Andrej!).

Finally although the hotel is about a 30 minute walk from town there is a bus stop right outside the hotel that will take you to the harbour/old town for just 80 cents (£1) or alternatively a taxi will cost you roughly £5 CYP. There is also a small complex of shops including a pharmacy just 15 minutes up the road although in the heat it can feel a bit further! There is also a water park just 5 minutes walk up the road that is definitely worth a visit and will cost you £15 CYP.

Hope that helps and enjoy your time there - we are all really jealous!

HOTEL WITH MINICLUB ?

by stefi.o

Hi everybody, I'm planning a vacation to Cyprus this coming June along with my husband and my 12 years old stepson. Does anybody know any hotel with kind of miniclub,with supervised activities for the children?
Thanks

RE: RE: HOTEL WITH MINICLUB ?

Most miniclubs are run buy the tour operators not the hotels.
I stayed at the Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel a few years ago. This is a large hotel in Paphos which as a lot off facilities for children. There is a buffet section just for the kids.

Michael

RE: RE: HOTEL WITH MINICLUB ?

Michael

RE: HOTEL WITH MINICLUB ?

Comments