Paphos Hotels

Our Members Say

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1692

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing SPA Resort: Unprofessional Contact, - Disappointing!

As a Professional Travel Guide Writer I have friends all over as I travel a lot and write about the places I visit, the hotels and restaurants and through my Guides I promote anything interesting or urge people not to visit if I come across something bad.

I just received an email from a friend of mine a few minutes ago asking me to report their bad experience she and her husband had at Ayii Anargyrii SPA Resort, so I believe I have an obligation to do this for them. I have below the original email. (In the last 2 paragraphs I have my own comments about this hotel from my last visit as well).

“We decided to go up to Ayii Anagyrii two weeks ago to the heated sulphur pool to treat our backs. I had called previously and was told it was 23 euros for a day pass. When we arrived there was a mainland Greek lady on reception and she told me she was new to the job. I said we wanted a day pass and she said the steam room wasn't working, which was disappointing - it wasn't working at Christmas either when I called - not sure why it wasn't fixed.

I offered to pay before we went in and she said pay later. So we went through the program with the jets - I found the water much too cool for a cold day.

When we came out she had a quote for me for 6 treatments and it was around 600 euros so I was quite alarmed at that and asked what the day was costing us and she said 45 euros each.

After a short stay in the sauna we got dressed to leave as I had no idea it was going to cost that much and I was very upset. By then a Cypriot girl had come to reception as well and I told them that I had been quoted 20 euros and they said it was extra for the jets but at no time was any of it explained - I don't normally stand up for myself but didn't have that much money and stood my ground.

After talking to the manager, they accepted 50 euros for both of us. I was very upset about the incident as I had planned to book in for the following week for our anniversary but couldn't after that.

They need to give their staff proper training and give better information to customers.

There weren’t any water coolers to have a glass of water and when we went to the relaxation room, I found a dirty cup from tea that was covered in ants. Considering we were the only ones there they had plenty of time to clean up.

Also the girls were wearing very casual tracksuits, something you would only wear at home and looked very unprofessional. We also noticed that the water in the outside pool had gone green from neglect and looked awful”.

MY VISIT
I want to add that I visited the hotel myself last year when I was in the area and a guest to some cousins of mine in Paphos. We drove out there for some pictures and I wanted to check and see if it is interesting enough to visit on a coming trip to Cyprus. My cousin went to the toilet and I was supposed to wait for her at the lobby.
You see, it was Sunday and the lobby was packed with guests who to my surprise were smoking.

The whole place had smell from their cigarettes and I could not stand the heavy smell and I urgently opened the door and got outside. My cousin was out searching for me thinking that I was in the hotel somewhere and she had to call me to find that I had returned back to the car.

I guess I grabbed the opportunity now to write about this hotel not only the experience that I had, but the recent and very bad experience my friend had also some weeks back. I guess it is disappointing as it is now!

This place out here is supposed to be a “ Natural Healing SPA” Or Is it Not?

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Spa and Resort, Eco-Tourism
  • Written February 27, 2013
Tip Photo

The entrance sign on the wall

• nettyfitz profile photo nettyfitz
  • Reviews: 62

Paphian Bay Hotel: Excellent Hotel

We were at the Paphian Bay for a week from 8 April 2006. The hotel is very clean and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful. There is a very nice restaurant. We were half board and the buffets at both breakfast and dinner could not be faulted. There was so much choice and the staff constantly renewed the dishes. It is 45 minute walk into Paphos along the coast which is very pleasant. Walking the other way is quiet and peaceful. There is a bus stop one minute along the main road and buses go to the harbour or the market. Drinks in the VIP bar were half price between 7.00 and 8.00 pm and they do good cocktails. There was a short cocktail party held by the Management on the Thursday night to enable guests to meet them all. On your next visit, you get 10% of drinks and it seemed that many people were regular guests.

There are two pools. We used the indoor one early every morning and it was spotlessly clean and nice and warm.

The gardens are lovely and lead to the private beach. The hotel is next to a few five star hotels and they all have nice gardens.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 14, 2006
Tip Photo

• bubbles_gal_stef profile photo bubbles_gal_stef
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

trimithia gardens: cum ere if ya wanna meet nice yung ppl im summa

its wicked i av an apartment there n in summer after uve bin clubbin down b.street u can go home jump in the pool n a know there will b pleanty ppl doin it this summer like me ma sis vicki n hannah lol weeeeeeeeeey

pool and near by shop the beach pubs n clubs init.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beer Tasting, Singles, Music
  • Written April 10, 2005

meeee

• travelmadamy profile photo travelmadamy
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Leda Gardens: Leda Gardens-excellent value

I loved our stay in these tourist apartments. The owner and staff are lovely and the drinks and food are excellent value for money and you must try the Afelia. We spent most of our days sightseeing and going out but the entertainment at the apartments was good. They had a karaoke night, BBQ night, oriental night and a quiz night where you can win some pretty cool prizes (we won a meal on oriental night which was really tasty). The apartments are basic but we didn't pay a lot for the holiday and so I expected a far lower grade of accommodation. We had a really spacious and clean apartment on the ground floor with a little patio with table and chairs where we spent a number of pleasant nights during our two week stay. We loved it so much we're going back this year again for 2 weeks.

Themed nights

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 2, 2005

• ksryoung profile photo ksryoung
  • Reviews: 1

Cyprus Self-catering Holiday Apartments: Excellent apartment with everything

The apartment we stayed in was excellent it had everything we wanted. There was a fully fitted kitchen with washing machine, microwave, fridge/freezer etc. The washing machine was as we have 2 small children so we could wash their cloths and this ment that we didn't need to take as many with us. The sea views from the balcony were great and it was nice after the children went to bedto sit out with a bottle of wine and relax. The apartment was close to beaches as well as tavernas and supermarkets. It was only a 10 minute walk to the harbour and the market so we found it ideally situated.

The apartment block had a lift to all three floors and our apartment had its own covered parking area. there was a communal swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols around it and as I said the views from the apartment were great. the apartment had full air-conditioning at no extra cost.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 6, 2003

• Reviews: 872

This is a few from the pool....

This is a few from the pool. It was a great pool, because you were in a big garden with a lot of space. There is also a pool inside the hotel, so if you don't like to swimm outside...
The sea is nearby and so you walk from your chair to the pool or to the sea.

• Opinion of Price:

Paphian Bay in Paphos...

Paphian Bay in Paphos (Yeroskipos)
We had a last minute but i think averege prices.

It is very English, there is a big pool, clean, good service, A Sherlock Holmes pub with happy hour, tenniscourts, and they have nice entertainment like greeklessons or tasting wine.

• Opinion of Price: