Paphos Hotels

Our Members Say

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing SPA Resort: Unprofessional Contact, - Disappointing!

As a Professional Travel Guide Writer I have friends all over as I travel a lot and write about the places I visit, the hotels and restaurants and through my Guides I promote anything interesting or urge people not to visit if I come across something bad.

I just received an email from a friend of mine a few minutes ago asking me to report their bad experience she and her husband had at Ayii Anargyrii SPA Resort, so I believe I have an obligation to do this for them. I have below the original email. (In the last 2 paragraphs I have my own comments about this hotel from my last visit as well).

“We decided to go up to Ayii Anagyrii two weeks ago to the heated sulphur pool to treat our backs. I had called previously and was told it was 23 euros for a day pass. When we arrived there was a mainland Greek lady on reception and she told me she was new to the job. I said we wanted a day pass and she said the steam room wasn't working, which was disappointing - it wasn't working at Christmas either when I called - not sure why it wasn't fixed.

I offered to pay before we went in and she said pay later. So we went through the program with the jets - I found the water much too cool for a cold day.

When we came out she had a quote for me for 6 treatments and it was around 600 euros so I was quite alarmed at that and asked what the day was costing us and she said 45 euros each.

After a short stay in the sauna we got dressed to leave as I had no idea it was going to cost that much and I was very upset. By then a Cypriot girl had come to reception as well and I told them that I had been quoted 20 euros and they said it was extra for the jets but at no time was any of it explained - I don't normally stand up for myself but didn't have that much money and stood my ground.

After talking to the manager, they accepted 50 euros for both of us. I was very upset about the incident as I had planned to book in for the following week for our anniversary but couldn't after that.

They need to give their staff proper training and give better information to customers.

There weren’t any water coolers to have a glass of water and when we went to the relaxation room, I found a dirty cup from tea that was covered in ants. Considering we were the only ones there they had plenty of time to clean up.

Also the girls were wearing very casual tracksuits, something you would only wear at home and looked very unprofessional. We also noticed that the water in the outside pool had gone green from neglect and looked awful”.

MY VISIT
I want to add that I visited the hotel myself last year when I was in the area and a guest to some cousins of mine in Paphos. We drove out there for some pictures and I wanted to check and see if it is interesting enough to visit on a coming trip to Cyprus. My cousin went to the toilet and I was supposed to wait for her at the lobby.
You see, it was Sunday and the lobby was packed with guests who to my surprise were smoking.

The whole place had smell from their cigarettes and I could not stand the heavy smell and I urgently opened the door and got outside. My cousin was out searching for me thinking that I was in the hotel somewhere and she had to call me to find that I had returned back to the car.

I guess I grabbed the opportunity now to write about this hotel not only the experience that I had, but the recent and very bad experience my friend had also some weeks back. I guess it is disappointing as it is now!

This place out here is supposed to be a “ Natural Healing SPA” Or Is it Not?

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Spa and Resort, Eco-Tourism
  • Written February 27, 2013
Tip Photo

The entrance sign on the wall

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aphrodite Beach Hotel: Authentic Cypriot Hospitality, Excellent Cuisine.

I am so happy to be back to this beautiful family hotel as the people who run it make every single guest feel like at home. This is exactly how I feel and although I am travelling alone it is as if I have company all the time and it feels good. I feel them like family and I don’t exaggerate. I can write endlessly about this spot here describing the place, the family, the wonderful and amazing cuisine of Anastasi, the stunning view, the people who keep coming back, and the amazing crystal beach.

I shared the happiness of Gregoria the owner when she announced to me that the hotel has received an award of excellence from TripAdvisor recently and this made me go back and visit them again. I spent four wonderful days here, and I was given an apartment on the 1st building and first floor overlooking the sunrise this time.
The beds are much more comfortable than the previous time and have lovely quilts matching with the curtains. I asked for an ice box to keep my water and some fruit cool for 3.50 euros a day. The room is spotlessly clean and at the balcony there is a place to hang the wet clothes. Although accommodation for many can be considered basic, -for me is normal and it is exactly what you need, yet I had even some flowers in a glass that the ladies who are cleaning put for me on the dressing table. It was a nice treat!
Somebody who wishes to hire a safety deposit box can do it, but I never use it no matter where I am. I usually don’t carry much cash on me and I prefer to lock everything in my suitcase instead. I never carry jewels or have expensive clothing with me. I always advise travellers on my Guides to carry simple and light things, clothes that don’t need ironing and many times I wash clothes and refresh them when I am out travelling.

The hotel’s location is ideal, just a few Kms from Latchi. There is a bus passing by every half an hour a few metres from the hotel that takes you to Aphrodite Baths, but it is within walking distance and it is a pleasant walk. I walked there myself the previous time I was here. The same bus can take you to Latchi # 622. Bus # 645 runs all the way from Paphos to Polis and buses are very popular with tourists in the area. From Larnaca using the InterCity bus for 3 euros I came to Limassol. I stepped off at the New Port where the Main central station of these buses is and I got the bus for Paphos with 3 more euros that dropped me off at the main station (Karavella). With only one euro I got the bus for Polis, and another euro from Polis to Latchi. The whole trip from one end of Cyprus to the other cost me 8 euros and I was there in less than 3 hours!

There are people who come here to swim and drop by because of Anastasi’s nice cuisine. I met a couple of these people and they told me that they drop by every now and then because they know that Anastasi’s dishes are excellent. Most of the products are picked from the family orchards and they are fresh and tasty. For non residents the freshly cut salad would cost between 6 to 8.50 euros and if accompanied by grilled steak or burger can reach up to 16 euros. A cooked dish costs 12 euros and a glass of wine is at 2.50. A bottle of beer (big) 3.50, and the small one costs 2.50 euros. Everything served is seasonal and fresh and there is no way you will be disappointed.

Of course residents of the hotel can enjoy a rich buffet and I was truly amazed with the quality and variety each night. One night there was (barbouni) cooked in the oven –the red mullet and it was unbelievably delicious and nicely presented. For me the presentation counts as well and Anastasi is a good chef. Another day the buffet included (souvla) meat on the spit, again tasty and nicely presented. There is a variety of salads and local dips to choose from, fresh fruit from the orchards. The pumpkin and celery soups are excellent…don’t miss tasting them! Ask for Anastasi’s baklava. It is unbeatable!
(Baklava is pastry in syrup with almond and cinnamon).

Breakfast includes Cerials, Coffee and Tea, Cypriot halloumi, ham, cheese, boiled and fried eggs, omelette, wonderful green and black olives (tsakistes) grilled and fesh tomatoes, cucumber, home-made bread different jams and marmalades, honey and seasonal fruit. There is always a home-made cake each day. (I loved the bitter lemon/orange)

There are times when as you sit out at the porch you feel as if the Rock of Aphrodite has moved nearer. And oh yes….You cannot miss the beautiful sunsets from out there. Argyroula, the youngest little charming girl of the family would cover all lamp posts around with cloth when it gets darker, and this creates a lovely romantic atmosphere that everyone enjoys. Besides, it is a nice way to keep away from the light all those nits and insects that fly around the lamps. While you are having lunch or dinner Gregoria who speaks fluently 4 or 5 languages will drop by and touch you on the back and ask if there is anything she can do for you. Yianni, the older boy of this amazing family will also drop by and very politely ask if everything is ok. The family will do anything and they are there for each single guest. I have never before seen this unity and understanding, and there is always a good word and a smile or hug to the kids from the parents.

The Hotel is set just above the sand and pebble beach. What can I write about the beautiful beaches of Latchi which I consider the best in Cyprus! Here don’t expect to find sandy beaches. It is a pebbled beach with colourful tiny pebbles that make you want to collect them as they are in amazing shapes and colours. Here one can find the clearest crystal calm waters with no underwater currents. Have in mind though that sun beds and umbrellas are not free. The price is kept the same as the previous year -2.50 for an umbrella and the same stands for a sun-bed but this is under another management and the hotel has nothing to do with it.

The hotel is kept open the year round because it is a meeting point for naturalists, bird watchers, and different clubs and societies come directly here from Germany and keep coming back year after year. It is nice that you can see familiar faces. I guess it is a venue for a friends’ or family reunion and if I ever have the chance to arrange one I will certainly pick this place here as the best and most affordable. I highly recommend it and I truly long to be back as I consider these people part of my family …and I only met them last year!
Internet access if free and fast, but do carry along your shampoo and bath gel because the hotel provides only small soaps.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written June 14, 2012
Tip Photo

View of the Aphrodite rock from the hotel

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aphrodite Beach Hotel: Professionalism Scarcely to be Found!

After spending 3 wonderful nights at the premises the only word that comes to mind is “Professionalism”. I highly recommend it to couples and families who want to truly relax, travel around, and enjoy freshly homemade food without paying much.

The service is of top quality. From the first moment I felt as if I knew the family years back, as if I was a member of their family. I was amazed with Gregoria whom I truly consider a good friend by now. She speaks excellent German, French and English and even though she was mostly busy she would find time for each single guest to talk to, suggest places, and trying to please everyone’s needs and demands. No matter how tired she can be, she has a smile and an open heart for all.
Tasos, her husband is fully busy and in control of the kitchen. Everything is homemade and fresh, and I cannot forget the wonderful soups I had here, the stew, and the fresh fish included in the dinner menu for so little!

Breakfast was beyond expectations for such a hotel. Because my work has to do with much travelling I have visited hotels with 3 or 4 stars which had continental breakfast and really not the best quality. How can I forget the variety of jams, the freshly homemade olive and halloumi bread each morning, the fresh orange juice, and the rich combination of fruit, cheese, omelettes or sausages! Just brilliant!
The terrace overlooks the beautiful Chrysochou Bay and the Rock of Aphrodite Baths making the spot unbeatable with the wonderful sunset colours. Dinner at the hotel is a “must”.

My room was modest but impeccably clean and spacious and the balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. There is no mini bar in the room though but you can ask for one with a small charge. The balcony was big with a rack to hang clothes on, and a set of plastic chairs and table, but the round area was so beautiful that I only returned to the room for my evening sleep.

The location is ideal for walks along the Akama Peninsula and the Aphrodite Trail as well as visiting the Cedar Valley. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel coming from the Baths of Aphrodite passing every 20 minutes. I had a round trip one day to Latchi and Polis and then to Paphos and back for just 2 euro. The local buses have become very popular in this area and people are using them a lot.
The progress made on the Public means of transport on the island this year is amazing. (Ask for the booklet with the bus schedules, routes and info guide from any main bus station).

There is no internet access in the rooms, but it is free in the sitting area and the terrace. The beach is public, so if you really need an umbrella and a sun bed this will cost you 5 euro for the whole day. This is the only drawback I could find here!
I believe it is one of the best….if not the best beach on the island here, but it is not shallow waters for little kids. There is no swimming pool, but actually who needs one if the waters are crystal turquoise colored, so clear that you can see fish swimming next to you!!
I truly want to return and plan to do so when I visit the Akama peninsula in March.
Don’t miss this hotel if you come to this area!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written June 25, 2011

The lounge

• nettyfitz profile photo nettyfitz
  • Reviews: 62

Paphian Bay Hotel: Excellent Hotel

We were at the Paphian Bay for a week from 8 April 2006. The hotel is very clean and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful. There is a very nice restaurant. We were half board and the buffets at both breakfast and dinner could not be faulted. There was so much choice and the staff constantly renewed the dishes. It is 45 minute walk into Paphos along the coast which is very pleasant. Walking the other way is quiet and peaceful. There is a bus stop one minute along the main road and buses go to the harbour or the market. Drinks in the VIP bar were half price between 7.00 and 8.00 pm and they do good cocktails. There was a short cocktail party held by the Management on the Thursday night to enable guests to meet them all. On your next visit, you get 10% of drinks and it seemed that many people were regular guests.

There are two pools. We used the indoor one early every morning and it was spotlessly clean and nice and warm.

The gardens are lovely and lead to the private beach. The hotel is next to a few five star hotels and they all have nice gardens.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 14, 2006
Tip Photo

• bubbles_gal_stef profile photo bubbles_gal_stef
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

trimithia gardens: cum ere if ya wanna meet nice yung ppl im summa

its wicked i av an apartment there n in summer after uve bin clubbin down b.street u can go home jump in the pool n a know there will b pleanty ppl doin it this summer like me ma sis vicki n hannah lol weeeeeeeeeey

pool and near by shop the beach pubs n clubs init.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beer Tasting, Singles, Music
  • Written April 10, 2005

meeee

• travelmadamy profile photo travelmadamy
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Leda Gardens: Leda Gardens-excellent value

I loved our stay in these tourist apartments. The owner and staff are lovely and the drinks and food are excellent value for money and you must try the Afelia. We spent most of our days sightseeing and going out but the entertainment at the apartments was good. They had a karaoke night, BBQ night, oriental night and a quiz night where you can win some pretty cool prizes (we won a meal on oriental night which was really tasty). The apartments are basic but we didn't pay a lot for the holiday and so I expected a far lower grade of accommodation. We had a really spacious and clean apartment on the ground floor with a little patio with table and chairs where we spent a number of pleasant nights during our two week stay. We loved it so much we're going back this year again for 2 weeks.

Themed nights

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 2, 2005

• ksryoung profile photo ksryoung
  • Reviews: 1

Cyprus Self-catering Holiday Apartments: Excellent apartment with everything

The apartment we stayed in was excellent it had everything we wanted. There was a fully fitted kitchen with washing machine, microwave, fridge/freezer etc. The washing machine was as we have 2 small children so we could wash their cloths and this ment that we didn't need to take as many with us. The sea views from the balcony were great and it was nice after the children went to bedto sit out with a bottle of wine and relax. The apartment was close to beaches as well as tavernas and supermarkets. It was only a 10 minute walk to the harbour and the market so we found it ideally situated.

The apartment block had a lift to all three floors and our apartment had its own covered parking area. there was a communal swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols around it and as I said the views from the apartment were great. the apartment had full air-conditioning at no extra cost.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written November 6, 2003

• Reviews: 872

This is a few from the pool....

This is a few from the pool. It was a great pool, because you were in a big garden with a lot of space. There is also a pool inside the hotel, so if you don't like to swimm outside...
The sea is nearby and so you walk from your chair to the pool or to the sea.

• Opinion of Price:

Paphian Bay in Paphos...

Paphian Bay in Paphos (Yeroskipos)
We had a last minute but i think averege prices.

It is very English, there is a big pool, clean, good service, A Sherlock Holmes pub with happy hour, tenniscourts, and they have nice entertainment like greeklessons or tasting wine.

• Opinion of Price: