Mayfair Hotel

See Popular Hotels

Food and Dining Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Great Value, Tasty Food, Top Entertainment!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 31, 2015

After a huge project of renovation, the previous Mayfair Hotel Paphos has changed name, has been upgraded and refurbished. It is now called the Mayfair Gardens Apartments. Smartline Paphos is a 4 star hotel and although they share the same grounds they are different products.

I stayed 2 nights at the Smartline and I need to state right from the beginning that the hotel is handicapped friendly as well. If you are after peace and quiet don’t bother to read further down. This is definitely not the place for you. If on the other hand you are after nonstop entertainment, good food and truly want to have fun and memorable holidays, this is the place to be, so go on reading….

ATMOSPHERE: The brand new building is fantastic. Bright and spacious, contemporary furnished with colorful interior, marble floors and positive energy throughout.

LOCATION: Located in a quiet part of Paphos tourist area, it is only a 5 minute walk to Kings Avenue Shopping Mall, and about 900 metres from the nearest beach. I went on foot up to the beach only to explore the area around. I found it a pleasant stroll, but during summer better set off in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the heat.

CHECΚ-IN: I was coming from Latchi by bus and was dropped at Karavellas central bus station. The fee from the station to the hotel by taxi was €7.00. Check-in was fast and efficient. I had my bag taken up to my suite and was offered a drink.

SERVICE: It was my first visit here, I knew nobody and what impressed me was the huge smiles and the friendliness of the staff in general who would go out of their way to meet the needs of everyone with patience and understanding. I will avoid stating names in case I miss somebody but the extra credit goes to the ones at the reception and the bar.

ALL-INCLUSIVE:To avoid possible misunderstandings be sure to check the website to see what this includes before booking because this term differs from one hotel to the other.

ROOM: I had the suite # 260, elegantly designed, bright and spacious that overlooked the main pool. The double glazed window opened to a small balcony. What impressed me was that not even for once was I bothered with what was going on at the bar throughout the day or late at night although it was much below but on the same side of the building. The room was fully air-conditioned, with a flat satellite TV although the picture was not always that clear and with not that many channels. I guess it is something minor since I don’t think guests who are here will bother watch TV even for once. Facilities like a mini fridge, a safe deposit box, a hairdryer, robes, and slippers were provided.

The bed was comfortable enough. The complimentary treat was a bottle of wine and some fruit which were highly appreciated. There are no coffee/tea facilities but I asked for a kettle and I was brought one but with no tea or coffee sachets. You either have to use your own or buy from the market.

BATHROOM: Average size, well lit with a bathtub, although it would have been ideal if there was a walk-in shower instead. Towels are clean and bright and are changed 3 times a week while sheets are changed twice weekly. No plastic cap provided though!

WI FI: It is free throughout public areas on the ground floor. Prepaid Cards can be purchased through reception for the use in the room. You could purchase a €10.00 card for a week for example. There was a small problem with Wi Fi in my room the 2nd night which I want to believe it has been solved by now.

RESTAURANTS: Breakfast is from 07:00 -10:00. The buffet is varied with quality products. The best fried eggs ever! Nicely cooked and looked like homemade. Usually, fried eggs we have at hotels have peculiar shape and the yolk is covered with the white. Be sure to try the Cypriot sausages, they are super yummy!

FOOD IN GENERAL: During the 2 nights I spent here I was impressed with the variation and quality of the restaurant’s dishes.
The restaurant is in two levels with an outdoor terrace. Perhaps more tables could be placed outside especially for dinner. Otherwise it is nice and cool inside. I would say it lacks a few decorative staff to become more inviting but probably this is something minor. What matters here is the quality of food and I found it top. Whatever I tried was extremely tasty and mouth-watering. I am surprised with the negative reviews which I find totally unfair. The theme of the first night was ‘Cypriot cuisine’ and the second ‘Asian’.

In the capacity of a Food Critic, I almost tried everything, nibbled a lot and I grade them with an A.

Fruit was seasonal (apples, bananas and oranges) however the variety of dessert is not satisfactory. The repeated caramel-cream, the jelly and just one cake is too little! There should have been 2 or 3 more at least.

There is a children’s menu and early meals for kids. High chairs are also provided.

ENTERTAINMENT:The in-house entertainment is such that there is no need to get out searching elsewhere to get entertained. I had the opportunity to talk with several guests who were here several days before me and not even one expressed anything negative. There is something for everyone for every taste and age, with a Kids’ Disco every night with children participating in different activities, games, dancing and singing. There are Disco nights for adults, Competitions, Bingo, Karaoke shows, Greek nights and so much more. What a great way to spend your evening after a busy day and an even better way break the ice and meet other guests.

KIDS CLUB: It is open from April to October and is available for children from 4 to 12 years of age, supervised by qualified personnel that operates daily. Babysitting is under a charge by the way.

FITNESS / HEALTH CLUBS: A fully equipped gym, while the health club includes a Sauna and a Jacuzzi. Treatments will be released on their website shortly. There is a mini football and volleyball field on site, archery, table tennis and more.

SWIMMING POOLS & BARS: The meeting point for everyone, just like the oasis of the property. A high energy atmosphere from early morning till late at night.

TIP: In case that something goes wrong I advise that you contact the management directly. They
would instantly take the relevant actions and assist you. Don’t keep silent until you get home to express your complaints as this would spoil your holidays. Have in mind that the cost of upgrading a room in case of availability of course, is a trifling sum! If I remember well, it is a €5.00 per day. Finally, don’t miss taking the bus for the Zoo as it certainly worth visiting. The coach sets off from the parking lot opposite the hotel twice daily.

IN ALL: My stay might have been short but I will return for more days. The Smartline Package combines inexpensive holidays, top entertainment, excellent food and service and for all this I highly recommend it.

funkychunkypartymonk's Profile Photo

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 10, 2005

When we stayed in the mayfair hotel i had high expectations before we arrived as I went when I was 16 with my mum and dad and this is what made us choose it for this holiday. We felt a bit let down when we arrived as we had looked on there website and it looked fantastic, the reception staff were great and told us we had one of the best rooms in the HOTEL, however, when we finally got to the far end of the APPARTMENT block it wasnt quite as described, the sea view was there if you stood on the balchony ralings and leaned over and looked round the nice side wall of the opposite appartment! we could see the pool tho by just leaning over the ralings, which in all fairness was great very deep so even the most daring pool side stunts could be carried out and got the sun most of the day so was never to cold. I would recomend this accomodation but i do think you can get better especially for the price.

Unique Quality: The pools were nice especially the big one by the hotel side with a nice waterfall.

Directions: Not far from Mr Chicken and the full moon.

stoke1's Profile Photo

3 star, not quite!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2004

Seemed to be fine with the families their 10 kids, his brother, the sister-in-law etc. Very loud during the day when all that you really want to do is chill. Nice grounds, shame about the appartments and the location. Very drab and basic accomodations and the view to the back of a bakery and rooftops was by far the best around! Abit far out in what seemed abit of a slum, perhaps i'm being a little unkind. But when you pay for three star you actually expect 3 star. The weather was grand, the pool was nice and the resort itself was good.

Directions: north of town, 15 mins walk.

Nearby Mayfair Hotel

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Paphos Travel Forum

Need advice about Paphos, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Paphos and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paphos hotel reviews