3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Paphos Gardens

I stayed in this Hotel the first time I went to Cyprus in June/July 2000, but I stayed in the apartments. I loved this Hotel/Apartments because of the fact its got 2 pools, a nice friendly atmosphere, clean apartment rooms (can't comment on the hotel rooms, but I can imagine they were just as clean!), its situated in a nice area, just about a 20 minute walk to the harbour.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Paphos Gardens Holiday Resort

We got a great bargin offer for your 2 week holiday in Cyprus for only ?140.00, so whatever our accommodation we could not have complained.

Paphos Gardens is in 2 sections, self catering apartments & the hotel. It was clean friendly staff, good sized rooms & nice pool. its only about a 5minute walk from the beach

More about Paphos Gardens Holiday Resort

Paphos Gardens

by freya_heaven about Paphos Gardens

We got a great bargin offer for your 2 week holiday in Cyprus for only £140.00, so whatever our accommodation we could not have complained.

Make sure you get a superior room!!!

by TripAdvisor Member marina9234

Stayed in the Paphos Gardens hotel from 11th Sept 06 to 19th Sept 06. Staff were very polite and helpful. Pool is nice and big, plenty of sunloungers with a nice hotel bar / cafe next to pool....not badly priced. Pool activites during the day with the animation team. We stayed in the superior apartments...not that superior but nice and clean apart from a lot of ants. My husband had to keep putting toilet roll in the holes they were coming out of. Asked reception to sort it out but never heard from them. Our friends also stayed in a superior apartment and theirs were much nicer. They had sepearte living room / kitchen and then a bedroom. Our room had living room, kitchen and bedroom all in one. On the day of our check out we asked for late check out but unfortunately our rooms were booked so they moved us to another block. This block was the Camelia block and it was the worst room I have ever seen for a very long time. It was worse that a bad 18 - 30s holiday room. It was very dated, no room to swing a cat in the bathroom. Shower trickled out water, room was tiny. I recommend the Paphos Gardens Hotel but my best advice would be to make sure you go for a superior apartment because if we stayed in the late check out room for a week it would have completely ruined our holiday.

Don't bother

by TripAdvisor Member Renault1962

We have just returned from Pahpos yesterday after spending Christmas 20-27th December at the Paphos Gardens Hotel. I didnt particularly like the hotel and felt that it is old and tired and in need of refurbishment.. My son and I stayed in the hotel on half board which to be honest was awful the food was "holiday camp style". The room we was allocated was fine, clean and tidy and serviced every day. My other son and his family stayed in the self catering apartment across from the hotel. they didnt like their room as it was very cold and the main thing was the extra "bed" foldaway was mouldy! they asked to be out into another room but the rother room they were shown was just as bad so they stayed in the original one. They couldnt open the balcony door and there was no kettle and their room was not serviced everyday.
The resort itself is okay not many restaurants open but there was one that we like and we visited it twice it's called The Collisium its an Italian and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. One restaurant I DONT recommend is the Pagoda it's a Chinese restaurant and would you believe that they use "Ding" fried rice, You know the microwave stuff! I know I use it at home occasionally! The beef curry was like water and it was really expensive. My King prawns were okay but the rest of the others food was horrible too. We left most of the food and we was never asked if everythng was okay so we just paid and left (just like they wanted us to I think!)
Last thing....... one good bar was the Evis bar lovely staff and drinks prices not too bad either. All in all Paphos is an expensive place to go and I wouldnt recommend it at Xmas really there are better places to go which are nearer and cheaper than Cyprus.

Crap!

by TripAdvisor Member RubberDucky-TRIP

After staying at Paphos Gardens Hotel, Cyprus, from 20 Dec-27Dec, I would strongly recommend....Dont! After writing this 3 times an running out of space because I have so much to complain about I will try to do it briefly. Apartment, 2 Adults, 4 children, Azzelia apartment. Here we go, where do I start.

1) Kitchen: No kettle, broken fridge, not enough cups, plates etc for 6.
2) Living room: broken telephone, patio doors unable to open, balcony - filthy, no view cos overgrown tree, patio table - dirty and mouldy
3) Bedrooms: Mouldy camp beds, bed linen changed just once, no view from windows as again overgrown trees right outside window (only bonus there you can have an orange from the tree right outside!) Room service - rare!

After complaining about the room was shown to another one, no better so stayed put! Reception staff - Rude! Spa staff - Rude! Bar staff - Ok (only cos they wanted tipping!)
Dont be fooled by the beautiful brochure pictures, cos just like us you'll be deeply dissappointed! Also good luck if you get to use the indoor pool, they seem to shut it when it suits them!

Good things: Evis bar (just down the road) and........nowt else really!

Bad things: Don't get me started again, I could write a book...in fact I think I will....watch this space!

One word - Horrible!

by TripAdvisor Member JPMc

We have just returned from the Paphos Gardens. If you are thinking of staying there, I'll give you some advice - there is better accomodation in Cyprus than this one. We arrived, and after reading this site we had already booked a superior apartment!!!!!! Guess what - no superior apartment was reserved for us and we were shown an apartment that had certainly seen much better days. The furniture was ready for the bonfire and the sofa in the lounge was very dirty and ripped. The towels on the bed had once been white but are now a lovely shade of grey. We complained and was shown a further 5 rooms and they where each of a similar standard but one had a extra minus point a cockroach crawling up the wall "No problem" said the man showing us around, "We will fumigate the room!". We eventually paid more money to stay in the hotel with adjoining rooms. The standard was better, but we couldn't sit on our balony, because the large chimmery above us kept covering us in black soot. (When I asked what are you burning no one could tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Also, the bathroom smelt of urine, even though it was cleaned everyday. We also had ants in the childrens beds twice! In fairness the staff are brilliant, very helpful and I feel very very sorry for them. I know some people love the Paphos Gardens and maybe we have been unlucky. But we will certainly not be returning. PS The holiday was with Argo and the "Rep" when we told her about our problems, said that she would have a word in the office and get back to us. We have not heard from her since. She didn't even hold her welcome meeting in the hotel, but the one next door and didn't even show up to take us back to the airport..........

1* hotel

by TripAdvisor Member p0rridge

My experience of this hotel was a very poor one. We booked a last minute deal and did not know what to expect. On arrival we noticed that the rooms and hotel was dirty and whilst we were there our balcony was looking over noisy building work. We went to the restaurant once but took one taste of the food and decided not to eat there again, this was a good job as one elderly women had to be rushed to hospital with severe food poisoning and several other guest suffered with food poisoning too. The area in which the hotel was situated was great with restaurants and bars nearby. The memory that sticks in mind most of this hotel is having to cockroaches in our room, one on the floor and woke up to find the other in our bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we complained to reception they just nodded and said that they knew about this, we did not get one apology. We are going back to Paphos this year but are stopping in a different hotel. I would say if you are considering staying at Paphos Gardens then don't!

Paphos Page

by egonwegh

Paphos is where we stayed on Cyprus from 27 January to 3 February 2004. Our residence was the Paphos Gardens Resort.

Added a travelogue on:
Neophytos Monastery
The castle and the beach
Mosaics in the archaeological park

Paphos, Cyprus

by Tommo5226

"Paphos"

Paphos, is without doubt the most interesting and varied of the towns in Cyprus. Since the Turkish invasion of the island in 1974, the harbour and beach areas of the town have been dramatically altered. There is a huge selection of hotels stretching all along the coast and up to the old market town.
The beaches are, on the whole, clean and well supervised, with good facilities. Most of the beach hotels have at least one open air swimming pool. In addition, there is a very good deep water swimming area, with free changing accommodation and showers just up from the harbour. THis latter area has just been modernised and a really attractive promenade has been created.

"Paphos, Cyprus"

We stayed in a private house in Paphos Gardens, near to the Paphos Gardens Hotel, part of the Leptos group.
The street leading up to the hotel, has many excellent restaurants of all types, including traditional Cypriot, Indian, and African. The restaurants are all well run and the staff are extremely friendly. For some, booking is essential, particularly at the weekend an on public holidays.
Restaurants include: Les Amis, Koh-i-Noor, Zambezi, Za Za and the Michael Family.
However be warned, prices for most commodities continue to rise and it is too easy to forget that £1 Cyprus is equal to £1.20 sterling. if you get a GOOD rate of exchange. Cyprus has now embraced the Euro and the Cyprus £ is being phased out. In June 2008, the banks were offering E1.19 for £GB 1.00 but the local money changers wre higher at e1.25 to the £GB 1.00

"Restaurants"

(June 2008) As we were staying near Paphos Gardens, most of our eating out was done in that area. There is a great selection of eating establishments and it should be possible to eat in a different one each night for a week without leaving the street, from Les Amis up to Zsa Zsa and the Michael family restaurant.

Without doubt the single most important change is in the former Zambezi restaurant. Now under new ownership and renamed Colosseum II. Here one can have an excellent meal in attractive surroundings and listen to the nightly entertainment. There is a very attractive a-la-carte menu and a very reasonably priced set menu on offer and arguably the finest wine list in Paphos. The management and staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The set menu with three courses at 15.03 euros is exceelent value and has a good selection of dishes.

paphos gardens apartments

by eavesgreen

Hi
anyone been to paphos gardens apartments booked with holiday lettings.
thinking of booking direct with owner on this complex.
if you've been using same company please let me know.
not done the booking direct route before!!!!

Re: paphos gardens apartments

by yummymummy150

I would do it direct if you can its good to talk to the owners and they may discont for you. i let out our apartment in Paphos and like to talk to people. it makes both parties feel better.Have a great time.

Comments