Coral Bay, Paphos, Cyprus
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Paradise Kings Club

Sunset viewed from the beachSunset viewed from the beach

Some of the roman era mosaics are covered.Some of the roman era mosaics are covered.

'Raggy' terebinth tree'Raggy' terebinth tree

Ayia KyriakiAyia Kyriaki

Place to stay in Paphos in May?

by catiemule

Hi,

I will be in Paphos for 4 nights in Mid May. My parents are staying at Paradise Kings Club, Evangelos Florakis 67, Chlorakas.

Does anyone know of a little hotel or guesthouse, reasonably priced, with some Cypriot charm, not too far from there? My budget isn't huge.

Thanks in advance!

Cat

cost of food

by l.houltby

Hi we are going to paphos on 28th march - we are staying in the Paradise Kings club apartments . Normally we would eat out most of the time but with the current exchange rate- Uk pound etc would it be better to eat in or are the taverners still reasonably priced . Also what price would we pay for basics like milk bread water etc .

by leics

I was last in Pafos in December 2007 and even then found that meals in restaurants etc were roughly the same as one would pay in the UK. With the almost 1>1 euro/GBP exchange rate you may wish to prepare at least some of your own meals (depending on your budget).

Most food seemed to be more-or-less priced the same as here, or slightly more, although fresh veg & fruit were slightly cheaper (and tasted better, of course).

by leics

By 'food' I meant food in shops, not restaurants/tavernas etc.

by l.houltby

Thanks leics - its 15 years since we were last in paphos I expect to see lots of changes .

by leics

You will certainly be absolutely staggered by the amount of building which has gone on, and is still going on.

I noticed a change from 2005 to 2007.

I imagine Pafos now will be very little like the Pafos you experienced then, so be warned. It's still a pleasant enough place though, and well-sited for exploring the island.

Have a look at my VT Pafos pages to update your impressions a bit! :-)

by george5b

Milk is around 1 Euro per litre.
Water is around 50 cent per 1.5 litre, but prices vary hugely.
The standard pita bread is quite cheap.
Everything else, like cheese etc is quite expensive.
Friut and vegetables are quite cheap if bought in locally owned fruit&vegetable stores.

Generally speaking the large store chains (Orphanides, Alpha Mega) tend to slightly more expensive than the smaller shops.

Travel Tips for Paphos

PACK LIGHT.

by cazz38

The weather in Cyprus gets very hot,take a good high sun factor and don't forget mosquito repellent,my niece got bit 28 times and it looked like she had chicken pots,i got bit 12 times it was horrible.Also pack light with the lovely weather, we lived in shorts and t.shirts.

Ayios Agapitikos/Ayios Mystikos

by leics

Cut into Fabrika Hill, at the top of Apostolou Pavlou, these rock-cut churches/shrines are huge chambers. Legend had it that dust taken from the floor of the former and given to the beloved in a drink would ensure his/her love stayed true whereas dust from the latter would have the opposite effect.

At Christmas there is a nativity scene in Ayios Agapitikos, with illuminated star above; many locals take the opportunity to visit with their children. No doubt both chambers were in use as sacred sites long before Christianity arrived on the island.

It's worth exploring the two chambers and then going further into Fabrika Hill itself.

If you like karaoke

by anna-m about Splash bar

I am personally not much of a karaoke fan (probably because I can't sing hehehe), but I happened to spend a lot of time at the Splash bar because some friends of mine wrere working there, and I saw people having so much fun that I simply had to reccomend it to VTers!
The Splash justifies its name with a small but very nice swimming pool right in the middle of it (unfortunately, operating in daytime only).
They do all sorts of drinks and coctails, but I don't think they serve any snacks A swimming suit would be useful :)

T Bone

by Dick33 about Sisyfos

Me and Ian both ordered T bone steaks and they did have a little blood in them if you dont like blood ask for well done, Ian didn't eat any of his so I ate two enormous t bone steaks.
I had only just found out Honey had died so I was very down Ian tried to compensate and talked to the people next to us they were lovely but I wasn't talking much.
The four of us had brandy's together we had quite a lot I was ok but Ian got quite drunk ( not much to eat) it was a very nice place though oh and we had a storm so we stayed for more brandy's untill it passed. The steak was really nice but Ian would have cooked it longer.

Tomb of the Kings

by Gipp

Despite the name, no one royal was ever buried here. In Roman times local dignatories and members of the elite were buried here. It's a bizarre, eerie place full of underground burial chambers, situated by the sea. It's empty now, because the skeleftons and burial goods were looted ages ago. You can go all Tomb Raider exploring the underground caves.

Comments