Sentido Pafian Sun Village

Satisfaction Average

Costs 23% more and rated 12% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Sentido Pafian Sun Village

Great Time!!!

Well What can I say, I had the best time at the Pafian Sun Holiday Village.
The entertainments team were excellent they all consisted of Julie, James, Becky, Jamie and Craig ~ our slave for the day ~...they worked all through out the day and night doing all types of entertainment including Bingo, Lunchtime Quiz, You Bet, and the 3:00 activity aswell as doing other things in the day including Football with Craig.
The food was great there was a vast choice of things to eat and if you ever get to bored you can always take a short bus ride to Paphos Town where there is loads of choices of Restaraunts and Bars!!
I would just like to say hello to all the people that me and my family met out there one family in particular... Hi Sue, Ray and Courtney!!! :)
I had the best holiday in the Pafian Sun they do so much entertainment and food and drinks are always available that I didn't really feel the need to leave the resort... I will definatly be going back next year. :)

Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member JoleneLondon

I stayed at the Pafian Sun Apart Hotel & Village for 1 week with my partner. Never again would I return. The hotel is great for kids and families but forget it if you are looking for piece and romance - this is not the place for you.

The food was ok and the drinks not too bad. The entertainment very poor - unless you are 5 years old.

The pool was clean although it was boiling. The sun beds needed replacing about 5 years ago!

As for the rooms - these were dated but were clean. The sea view was fantastic if nothing else.

I would basically describe it as Butlins in the Sun. Great for kids, but anyone else forget it!

Best Holiday ever

We went to the Pafian Sun for one of my daughters birthdays. The weather was fantastic and the resort is well worth a visit. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The entertainment team deserve medals they were great. I actually won a line on the bingo on our last full night - £150 cypriot pounds!! Well worth the cost of the tickets! I would recommend this holiday to all, especially families as although away from the main resort of Paphos there was always something to do and we were well entertained. The food was very good and there was always a variety. Fantastic place. We hope to visit again.

camp chav.

A colleague and I took an adult with learning disabilities to Pafian Sun in September. Once we realised we were not infact at Butlins, but in Cyprus, we unpacked in our very basic, but clean appartment with lovely sea view. We decided to take advantage of the all inclusive deal and went to the bar. What seemed like a life time of walking past the vast sea of england shirts and fake burberry attire, it struck us that anyone not related to the 'chav' culture was infact a freak show. Not only did my colleague and I feel extremely uncomfortable, but our client with autism was made to feel like an outcast by this so called holiday 'community'. Think 'Trisha Show' audience abroad! enjoy!!

Hi Di Hi campers

by TripAdvisor Member KLOwen

Just returned from a week at the Pafian Sun ( 4 adults and 1 child 13yrs). What can i say? Butlins abroad sums it up! If you like playing bingo then you will probably enjoy it. If not forget it!! The hotel itself was clean and our apatment had an excellent seaview. Food was edible but not 4 star and the staff were very un friendly, there again i think i would be too if i had to serve the "Brits" abroad. Everthing is centred around the pool area including children constantly kicking footballs at you as there is nowhere else for them to play. You really need to get out of the resort. We went down to Coral Bay and to the harbour and felt like civilised human beings again!
Iam sure this hotel appeals to some people but if you want a relaxing holiday, good food and company then dont do it. 2 weeks would be torture. Sorry to be negatine but it's the truth.

Best Holiday Ever

Been back 3 weeks now, and still can't believe we had such a fantastic time there. We met some fabulous people at the hotel, and will definately keep in touch with them. The hotel itself was very clean and friendly. The food was outstanding, and with so many varied choices, even for our 9 and 4 yr olds. Well, what can we say about our entertainments team, they were simply the best ever. Every night we had a change of entertainment, even the second week varied to the first. The Entertainments Team were Julie, Becky, Donna, James and Craig their enthusiasm never tired, and there was something for everyone, young or old, especially loved their 80's night and Moulin Rouge night. The outdoor pool was very large, clean and well maintained, as was the children's pool. Yes, it was an excepted thing that the sun beds were first come first served, but hey who wants to lay in too long in the mornings, as the Cyprus sun is up by 6.30 and very hot!!! Yum Yum. A special hello to all the lovely people we met, naming, Darren, Jayne and Boys, John and Cathy, Pete and Karen, Simon and Tina, The Two Julies!!!, Wendy and Alan and Girls, Fiona and Family, Emma and Cameron, Ellen and Carl and Boys, and the two Becky's. Once again, best holiday ever, and hope to return in the future. Still miss the Hold your Head dance every morning 11.30 in the pool with The Team.

Brilliant Holiday

Well what can we say... we arrived back home yesterday and missing it already. The food was absolutly brilliant with a wide choice and variety. The entertainment team kept us entertained all week from 10.30 in the morning til 11.00 in the evening. Especially enjoyed the 'You Bet' challanges and shows that were put on. Our entertainment crew were: Julie, Becky, James and Jamie all of which were brilliant and worked well together. I definately ticked the exellent box on the questionaire. Would recomend this hotel to anyone, famillies and couples.

brill

by TripAdvisor Member HelenL66

We arrived back 05/09 but wanted to wait awhile to write a review just in case the good times faded. 3 in our party Myself and my husband along with our 15 year old Kieron(blazin squad). Apartment a bit dated but spacious enough and perfectly clean, fresh towels almost daily and bed linen changed every other day. Food was very good plenty of choice from carvery to chinese. Now to the entertainment, we are not 'butlins' type people. we usually watch others joining in, but not here. fun fitness (we were there), poolside quiz(were there), 3 o'clock event (we were there..well sometimes) evening bingo ( hate bingo, but we were there). We even won superstar t-shirts ...one each! all thanks to Julie, Becky, James, Jamie and the ginger badger Craig. also known as the entertainments team. all I can say is excellent. As were the rest of the staff from reception to cleaners. I do agree that the teens need something to amuse them on an evening but other than that a brilliant holiday!

poor general location

The hotel itself is about what I would have expected in terms of the accommondation which was adequate for the amount of time one would expect to be in a room on holiday.
Air conditioning is available free to Thomas Cook guests and for every one else, it is £2.50 Cpyt per day.Do not make the mistake I made in trying to hand the air conditioning remote control back after one week,they basically told me that I had signed for two weeks and I would pay for two weeks.It took a couple of days of argument before I finally managed to make them see sense.
The food was varied and there was plenty of it,there was always something available for most people to satisfy their hunger
The entertainment staff where excellent and very talented and put on a varied programme throught the day.I read a previous report that stated that the bar staff where not very friendly.I must say that I did not find this so,all the staff in the bars and restaurants where very friendly and efficient.

A Hit and Miss

I booked my holiday over the internet, i went with my boyfriend, his sister was getting married and that was our main reason for going. The hotel looked fine in brochures and on the interenet. It was given a 4*, but it is far from that. The cypriuts give it a 2*. Whilst we were there we visited family just up from Pafian park and Atkian holiday village, now that is a 4*.
The hotel is in the middle of knowehere. There is a bus every 15 min into Paphos or Coral bay, but to be honset paphos is like blackpool, but a little warmer. It has a pizza hut, McDonalds, KFC and a starbucks.

Food at the hotel is leathel. It's foul. It's cold as soon as they put it out, we were all inclusive and what a waste, we ate their once for dinner but forced a lunch in. Everybody complained it wasn't just us so we often got a taxi to eat out in Paphos.

Speaking of taxis. Dont bother it's cheap enough to hire a car (we found £36 for three days). The taxi cost a fortune.We got charged £18 to coral bay which is about a mile away, and later found out it should have been £6.

The staff at the hoel are amazing, ever so friendly especially bar staff which do give a great measurement of alcohol too.

Rooms are basic but big enough,and are perfectly clean. Cleaners are about and will make your bed daily and change your towels once in a blue moon.

I'd recommend this hotel if you are not bothered for staying in the centre of anywhere, and you are self catering, don't go all inclusive it's a waste because you have to eat out any way.

Pafian Sun Village

by Miesque

Does anyone know if there are microwave ovens in the kitchenettes in the self catering acomodation?

RE: Pafian Sun Village

by MrBill

I think it is best to ask the specific hotel where you are planning to stay. I don't think there will be a blanket yes or no type answer for all of them. In Cyprus the properties are divided into tourist class and luxury class. Luxury class does not mean luxurious, it just means it has more than a standard outfitting in terms of furniture and appliances. Some, but not all luxury apartments have microwaves. I would doubt any of the tourist class ones would, but I may be wrong. I think it is best to look for a room and then ask specifically so you're not disappointed. Thanks. Enjoy your trip. Bill.

by Miesque

sorry - didn't make myself clear - I was referring to accomodation specifically in the Pafian Sun Village

by MrBill

Sorry it was probably my mistake. Why don't you call them?

by Miesque

Thanks, Bill - will do. Just viewed your Cyprus travel pages - very comprehensive source of info :))

by MrBill

I try. Of course, it is nice to get nice comments, too. Thanks. Have a nice weekend. Bill.

Has anyone stayed at Pafian sun village

by kerra23

I have booked up to go to pafian sun village next oct as I will be married in Paphos Town Hall and there is about 30 going.
However after I booked I heard that the resort is not very good around the hotel and that we would be stuck inside the hotel.
Does anyone know if this is true?

Re: Has anyone stayed at Pafian sun village

by spaghettihoop

look at the holidays uncovered site and you will find reviews of the pafian sun village by previous guests, Manfred

Re: Has anyone stayed at Pafian sun village

by leenzii

i stayed twice in the pafian sun in february of 2002 and 2003....immediately around the village, there isn't an awful lot to do, but a short bus trip takes u to paphos town....and a nice scenic walk in the oposite direction takes u to coral bay and the beautiful beach.....the entertainment was ok for february...but remember it was off season....and i'd recommend hiring a car if u really want to get out of the complex....there's plenty to see and do around paphos and there is a tour/travel shop in the shopping complex across the road from the pafian sun where u can book trips to the mountains etc....definitely worth checking out :O)

Comments