Veronica Hotel

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Veronica Hotel

A nice informal hotel

by mikkie50 about Veronica hotel

The veronica hotel is a three star hotel. The rooms were kept clean and tidy the staff were very freindly. It was ok for a pacage deal holiday none to mention

a good budget hotel

by mikkie50 about hotel 3*

HOTEL VERONICA
This hotel we used while in paphos / pafos was was ok the rooms were kept clean and tidy It also had a realy nice bar. and as for the food i would rate it 7 out of 10 It also had a realy nice pool. But the area around the pool was very restrictive for sunbathing etc

Fawlty Towers

by TripAdvisor Member StaffsHopefull

10 days

Very dissappointed with this hotel

First impression seemed okay - but the room was dirty - bed cover had probably not been cleaned since the 70's, these were removed and stored in the wardrobe until the end of our holiday. The bathroom had not been cleaned on arrival there was soap marks on the soap dish the bath was dirty, towels were changed twice in 10 days these were also degrained and like sand paper to use. The air conditioning wan't working wether you had it on minimum or maximum. The floor was filthy.

When we complained to the rep the next morning we were told that this hotel was good value for money and that it gets a lot of repeat visitors, ( find this very hard to beleive) if we wanted a move it would cost us another £600. We have never complained about accommodation before this is the worst hotel I have ever had to stay in.

It is desperate for a refurb.

No-one smiled in that hotel everyone we spoke to said the same.

The food was okay on the odd occasion - no air con in the restaurant. (unbearable

The bar staff were very friendly and helpfull

I rate the Veronica Hotel as a 2* and deffinitely not good value for money.

This was my first visit to Paphos and altough the Hotel was very poor I enjoyed the rest of my holiday as Paphos has so much to offer and so much to see it is a fantastic place and I will deffinitely be returning to Cyprus next year but not to THE VERONICA HOTEL.

Absolutely Crap

by TripAdvisor Member Stevieg662

This is by far the worse hotel, I use the term loosely, that we have ever stayed in anywhere around the world. We were due to stay for 10 days but we lasted just over 7 hours. Our room was at the rear of the hotel in a seperate annex. It is a shame that a photo cannot replicate a smell because the smell that eminated from the wardobe resembled that of a urinal but the smell that came from the bed and the pillows was that of an open sewer. When we returned a few days later, after we found another hotel, to speak to the management, we found the door propped open with a chair and the balcony doors wide open - obviously teh housemaids thought this was the way to get rid of the smell - wrong. The so called pool - you could never get a suntan as the sun could not breakthrough the equivalent of Sherwood Forest surrounding the pool area. We are also convinced that other holidaymakers were unhappy as during our short stay at breakfast time there were approx 18 - 20 couples in there but not a word was being spoke - you could have heard a pin drop. If you mention the words "Veronica Hotel" to the local Cypriot people they just laugh out loud and say "... that's not a hotel.." People say you should never say never but in this case it is absolutely true - never will we ever stay there again nor recommend this place to anyone unless you have totally lost your sense of smell, appetite and humour. You have been warned.

thanks for a great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member GerryLFC

Just before I was due to leave for Cyprus I read a report on this site about the Veronica Hotel and to be quite honest I had second thoughts about going. Thankfully I ignored the report and went and I must admit I was a bit dubious when I saw my room but everything else was brilliant.
I arrived at about 2110 on Sunday night and found the hotel manager waiting for me at the door; he took my baggage to a safe area in reception and then led me straight to the dining room for dinner.
I was on all-inclusive and must say the food was excellent. In the week I was there we never had the same meal on the menu more than once and the waitresses at the pool bar and restaurant, Diana and Elena, were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for me. They never stop smiling and are a joy to chat to. But I found this attitude pervaded throughout the establishment, in the bar Ivan and Kiran could chat about any sport under the sun. I found all the waiters and waitresses very charming and intelligent to talk to, as most of them are graduates from Eastern Europe, India and Bangladesh etc. The staff is the hotel’s greatest asset.
The pool is excellent and much bigger than I had hoped for. I usually swim 50 lengths of a 25m pool 5 days a week at home and the pool at the Veronica is only slightly smaller so I increased the number to 60. By swimming early in the morning I had the pool to myself until about 09.00. There are plenty of sun beds available and a fully stocked bar.
The Municipal Beach is about 10 minutes from the hotel and the Paphos Harbour tourist area and castle no more than 20 minutes walk. There are plenty of restaurants, a supermarket, hairdressers, off-licences etc close to the hotel. At the off-licence I was able to buy a bottle of Glenfiddich for £2.00 less than they charge at the airport duty free shop.
I saw no problems with cleanliness, my room was cleaned meticulously every day and the pool area was cleaned by an “army” of cleaning staff every morning and during the day when required.
As far as value for money is concerned, I couldn’t have asked for me and I hope to return next year in the Spring.
I would like to thank everyone at the Veronica for their friendliness and helpfulness during my stay; I feel I have made some very good friends there.

Give It a MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Spongebob07

Where do we begin!!!! 3 couples all aged between 39 -45 on a holiday to see family and celebrate an engagement.

We all booked rooms at the Veronica early 2007 only to find on arrival no rooms were available!! The hotel receptionist was most unhelpful. Her attitude was tough no rooms and not her problem!.

We were to be transferred to another hotel at the other end of Pahos. Fortunately we had parents who live in Paphos and they knew that the alternative hotel was at the completely wrong end, in a residential area. This was not where we had chosen to spend our weeks holiday.

We contacted our booking agents and to cut a very long story short ( 5 hours !!) were told that there was nothing that they could do. No Managers were available to discuss our problem either at the hotel or by phone at the booking agents.

After spending over 5 hours in the hotel reception, without being offered even a drink, the receptionist informed us that there had been 4 room cancellations, amazing as there were 8 people in reception!!!!!

I find it too much of a conicendence and believe it was down to our persistence that we got the origianal rooms that we had booked, as 2 of the 3 rooms were next door to each other and all had pool view which had been requested.

On arriving in the room we were most disappointed. Although we had previously read trip advisor and it stated "cheap and cheerfull" the standard of hygiene was nothing like cheerfull.

The bathroom was in need of a really good clean and when you walked on the floor your feet became black! I appreciate that this is not an expensive hotel but the cost should not reflect the poor standard of hygiene.

The pool view was none existent as the trees/forest!! blocked the view (although by the end of the holiday they had started to cut them down, much to the delight of the people sitting under them by the pool !!!)

We ate breakfast once - that was enough for my husband, who after seeing the kitchens realised why his lunch consisted of a packet of immodium!!!!!

Various locals from the bars over the road commented to us that they have lots of holiday makers coming in and complaining about the hotel. We also met a group of golfers who had the same problem as us - no rooms available for them.

To sum up the Veronica - if you like a challenge and want to spend half a day in a hotel reception trying to get the rooms that you had bought and paid for months ago then Veronica is the place to go - if you want an enjoyable holiday, there are much better places to stay (the beach is a better alternative!!)!

I would advise any one who is thinking about booking the Veronica to think twice or at least book direct to stand half a chance of getting a room.

This is a serious review and not just a group of holiday makers having a moan!! We did not let this trauma spoil our week in Pahos but would not want any other person to experience the terrible lack of customer service/understanding of the Veronica hotel.

One thing I have noticed about the reviews of this hotel on trip advisor is that all the good reviews seem to be from past years not recent!!

Avoid!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sturgsue

On reading the reviews of people who visited this hotel in Sep 07, I agree!! Rooms very basic and in need of a update, and we were in the new wing!! Air con was warmer than the air outside, left the fridge open just to keep cool!! and they charge you £2.00 a day for that! On the good side, pool was a good size and surrounded by trees, if you don't want to catch the sun.. Food was very cypriot and lots of it, don't order any wine £10.00 a bottle.. Dinner was very rushed, restaurant was empty by 8.30pm, waiters packed up round you as you ate, although the times were 7.00 - 9.30pm.. Visit the Good Times bar next door if you want cheaper drinks, all day cocktails for £1.50. If you want to visit Cyprus look for a Hotel closer to the centre as there are better hotels with better faciilites. Book direct and avoid the Hotel Veronica...

To sum it up - PANTS

by TripAdvisor Member CB1970

Pretty unimpressed with this hotel. Stayed here for 2 weeks after our Mexico Holiday was canceled due to Hurricane Dean (this was all that was available in the timescale we had). Compared to the cost of our holiday to Mexico this place was very cheap so wasnt expecting a first class hotel, which was a good job.

First the plus points:

1) The Pool area is quiet & you can always get a sunbed. Some nice trees & greenery round the pool too.

2)SOME of the staff were very friendly

3) Er... Did I mention the pool is ok?

The Bad points:

1) The rooms are average & not that clean. Had to pay another £3CYP per night to get a room overlooking the pool, even though you couldnt see the pool for trees. There is no sea view in this hotel. Its not that near the sea.

2)You have to pay £2CYP per night for the fridge, which looks like it has seen better days.

3)You pay £12CYP per week for the safe in your room, or £4CYP for a safe at reception.

4)The food is not the best & pretty much the same every day. (The only thing that changed at breakfast was the way the eggs were cooked)

5)They only change the towels every 3 days.

6)The air con in the room is almost useless & they never put it on in the bar/lobby. They actually did put it on 1 of the days we were there, because there was a cypriot wedding reception being held there, never mind about the rest of the paying guests for the other days though!

7)The Gym consists of a few delapedated exercise machines & the sauna smells really bad, not mention it had cockroaches in it when I went to have a look.

8)We were only B&B but alot of people staying there were all inclusive & told us a few things about it.
Apparently, all inclusive in this hotel means :

You have to pay for the fridge & safe still
You cant have snacks/ice creams unless you are under 12yrs old.
You cant drink after 12midnight, cause even though the bar is still open you have to pay for your drinks after midnight.
You have to pay for a packed lunch if going out (despite what the borchure says).

9)You want a nice long walk into Paphos (via some very picturesque building sites!). About 30 mins unless you walk quick.

10)The pool table had a very nice rip down it.

All in all, I wouldnt stay here again. There are some nice looking hotels in Paphos. This isnt one of them.

Fantastic Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member PigsyWood

At first sight, we thought it was the Kimberley. How we were wrong! Looking back, I think what sets the Veronica apart was its close proximity to the beach and its copious amounts of traditional Cypriot food.

We certainly got a good deal07 on this one and expect to be back.

Most charming was Cipfassus, the waiter in the restaurant.

Comments