Zening Resorts

Tags

Spa and Resort Eco-Tourism Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

An Oxygen shock – A lovely Energizing break!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 23, 2014

If you seek the Real serenity, an opportunity to De-stress your mind, Meditate, Connect with Nature and Rejuvenate your senses, the Zening is the right place to be. This new hotel claims to be Europe’s first resort focused on yoga, meditation and wellness.

LOCATION: The resort covers an area of 60 hectares of beach-front hill and gardens and is located on the north-west Cyprus close to the Akama peninsula. It is right by the Latchi Marina, a place which although grown considerably over the past couple of years, it still retains its unique charm.
The views over the Akamas peninsula –the hotel perches on a bluff above Latch beach, seem unreal. Depending on the weather and time of day, the colors change and the view is never the same. A spectacular sight!

CHECK-IN: The reception building is a humble construction not similar to the usual we come across. It is not an industrial design and everything in the property has a very human touch. Sophia helped with my luggage and gave me a lift to the studio, as it was on the higher level of the premises and explained a few things about the stay.

STAFF/SERVICE: The staff’s friendliness throughout the resort was exemplary.

FIRST FEELINGS: Soon on my own, with the resort’s map in one hand and the list of the community activities on the other. I decide to leave both behind and hurry to open the back door which opens to a private terrace (patio & garden) and overlooks the smartly shaped Eden pool and further back, the open air sea breeze fitness Nebo yoga stage, where holistic and fitness activities take place on different times of day. The picture only travels you! The tranquil atmosphere is unlike any other holiday I have ever experienced.

STUDIO: (Veda classic) One of the Yogi Sea View studios, #1114. Humble, spacious, functional and clean. Besides, -Zening’s greatest sophistication is simplicity.
A smartly bathroom with a soaking bathtub and a shower, with fresh clean towels that were changed daily and toiletries, -the so popular to Greeks, ‘Apivita’ brand.

A safe, a hairdryer a dressing table and a spacious closet, -the studio had everything needed for a relaxing and comfortable stay.
A platter of fruit as a treat and the coffee/tea facilities are definitely highly appreciated. No cars can disturb the peaceful surrounds especially the studios uphill.

DETOX: Digital detox holidays are the latest trend for holidaymakers and Zening is the place to recharge batteries with a timeout from tech. The idea is brilliant although I have to admit, I used the complimentary Wi Fi internet connection for a while, -luckily it was fast, but at least the rest of the time I was disconnected from the worldly stress and that was indeed a relief!
I never carry a watch with me, mobile was kept in the safe…but who cares about the time here? I was only alert not to miss any appointment and I kept asking about the time. Funny a bit but it feels good.

VENUES: Everything on this amazing property that gives the picture of a small Mediterranean village, is lovely. The outdoor pools, the complimentary access to all holistic and fitness activities offered, the sprawling gardens, the pool bars and the restaurants.
Besides the “Movie Night” that takes place every night in summer, there is “Wine Tasting” every Friday at dinner time, -a brilliant way of promoting Cypriot wines, a "Cocktail Evening" by the Red square, with several other activities, depending on the month and season.

You will be spoilt for choice out here and I can assure, I could have written pages if it hadn’t been for the word limit.

YOGA: It is one of the oldest systems of personal development in the world, starting in 7-10.000 BC. Nothing to do with religion but a complete ancient method for the balance between body, mind and spirit.
Yoga includes techniques that unite the physical substance with the mind and gives the possibility to contact our inner self and become full of health and tranquility.
The sense of well-being after a yoga class in incomparable. In short, behind this it is of course the positive thinking. Needless to say that yoga can seriously reduce stress and other psychology problems.
Look out for the popular Vacation Packages!

MEDITATION: A way of training the mind so that we are not distracted and caught up in its endless churning and systematically explore our inner dimensions.
It not only leads to inner balance and stability, but exposes our inner complexes, our immaturities, our unproductive reflexes and habits, thus being very therapeutic.

Except for the practice of meditation, there is no method to truly develop control over the totality of the mind.

EDEN BAR: A favorite spot of all guests. Hard liquor is excluded but who cares?
Instead you will find smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, yoghurt and more that will fill you up with energy and keep you healthy.

POOLS: Calming blues and whites accent the pools’ sides which provide subtle contrasts with the beauty and the colors of the gardens and round area.
Lounging by the swimming pool listening to the sound of the pool’s gurgling waters, enjoying a nutrient cocktail from the pool bar, having a stroll in the beautiful premises or simply sit and hear the sounds of nature –these are memories that will stay with me forever.
I would open the terrace door and watch the morning stretch and later on participate on a session of yoga or meditation.

THE SPA: If you ever find yourself in Zening, don’t forget to “travel body, mind and soul to the Veda Spa (meaning knowledge). It is really nice and I highly recommend booking yourself in for a treatment.
A huge Bravo goes to the entire team of the SPA for the well programming, efficiency and punctuality.
Everything is under the supervision of the very charismatic manageress Alinea, then an extra thanks goes to all the Meditation & Yoga instructors, but the extra credit goes to my professional and very experienced therapist Prip Nicolae.

TREATMENTS: I had the Healing Back & Neck massage where muscle tension was relieved right away, and the Japanese Yumeiho treatment that has to do with the smoothing of muscles and harmonizing meridian energy flow.
Through my extensive travelling, every now and then I come across different therapists and in the long run I have become extremely demanding.
I can assure that Nicolae makes by far the difference from any other therapist I have had so far. It is an asset to the Zening.
Be sure to book a treatment with him. I bet you will be back for another.

RESTAURANT: Mediterranean delicacies served with a special kitchen for vegan and vegetarian guests. Everything here is homemade, while anything frozen or preserved is excluded.
Freshly cut products come mainly from their organic garden or from the round region of Akamas. The quality, presentation and variety exceeded by far my expectations. I simply LOVED every dish.
I asked to see the FB manager Nicolas before leaving, only to congratulate him for the excellent food provided. It is so yummy and the tastes are superb!

THE NEW CONCEPT: As from December 2014 families and children will also be welcomed but at the same time the resort will continue to be a solo traveler friendly, ideal for adults and couples with adults’ only device-detox zones and wellness facilities.
There will be choice of smoking rooms in segregated blocks, and children will have plenty of options to keep entertained.
Guests can even plant and pick their own vegetables and there is much more…Check their Website and be updated.

SIGHTSEEING: The closer town just 2 km away from Latchi is Polis Chrysochous. It is located right at the edge of the Akamas peninsula nature reserve.
As for Latchi itself, in the past it served as a small port for shipping carobs. The old stone carob warehouses have been converted into restaurants, fish taverns and places of recreation. Zening is also close to the Baths of Aphrodite -5 km away. If you happen to be there definitely walk the Aphrodite Nature Trail which is spectacular.

IN ALL: It is different from all other hotels in Cyprus for what it is right now. With the upcoming changes it is a big challenge and it will be unique if it can strongly support what it promises.
Time will show, but at least now that I am writing this it is a rare jewel for what it offers, not only to Latchi but to the whole of the Island.
I loved every minute spent there, made friends and perhaps I will have the opportunity to experience the new look of the Zening in spring with another visit.

Nearby Zening Resorts

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Polis Travel Forum

Need advice about Polis, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Polis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Polis hotel reviews