987 Prague Hotel

987 Design Prague Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• prague best accomodation

completly new residence, near the center, super service, speak english and italien, willing to satisfy almost all your need.
    good price, all service.

Directions: Vinohrady

• Holiday Inn Hotel

I stayed in situated right in Holiday Inn Hotel. I liked it location, very good for those who wants walk all over Prague. You can quickly reach all sightseeings from the hotel as it's in the heart of Prague, just 150 meters away from the subway and main train station Hlavni Nadrazi. The hotels is centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, Prikopy shopping area and the following attractions: Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, Lesser Town and Prague Castle, State Opera, Municipal House, Rudolfinum also Exhibition centre, Veletrzni Palac and Congress Centre.
    For me it was the best choice, as I searched for appropriate quality and low price comparing to luxury hotels. I liked hotel reconstruction project, transforming a classic building into clean, modern and very comfortable city centre accommodation. I was there before recontruction also. The hotel is a perfect base for visiting the variety of festivals and events including the Prague Spring and Prague Autumn Music Festivals. In December the city comes alive during the winter festivals which feature the Christmas celebrations and street markets and I enjoyed staying in Prague.

Unique Quality: I found in the hotel fully cooked breakfast designed to be an ideal start to a hectic day or tourist activities. Breakfast is freshly prepared daily in the Restaurant served with hot and cold drinks. I was just relaxing and sipping a cup of Italian coffee in summer patio or enjoyed a hot chocolate in cool winter months during my visits to Prague.

Directions: Located in the heart of Prague and few steps from Wenceslas Square, Express By Holiday Inn City Centre is placed just 150 metres away from the subway and main train station Hlavni Nadrazi.

• Prague hotels

When I was in Prague last year, I stayed in Renaissance hotel. The Renaissance Prague is ideally located in the city centre, near the business district. All the historical sights are within walking distance. Many trams service the area, and the metro stop at Namesti Republiky is just a stone's throw away from the front entrance of the hotel. The train station called Masarykovo Nadrazi is also right there, as are many shops and restaurants. The Renaissance in Prague is a modern hotel and guarantees guests the best quality services and a high standard of accommodation. It is suitable for tourists, business travellers, conference groups and families. For rejuvenation and relaxation, guests can head for the fitness centre with swimming pool and jet stream, sauna, steam bath, massage, solarium and a gym.
    I liked this hotel a lot and next time when I go to Prague, I will stay there again.

More about 987 Prague Hotel

Hotel very stylish, but staff very miserable

by TripAdvisor Member loan030778

We decided to go for a short two night break, for our wedding anniversary, to Prague and stayed at the 987 Design Prague Hotel.
The rumours of the Taxi's trying to rip you off are all true!!! We were very concious of this before coming to Prague. We suggest you check/agree how much the fair will be at the start of the journey.
Once we landed at the airport, we asked the information desk how much roughly it would cost to got to our hotel/in the main town. The holiday guides said it would be roughly 360 Kr, but to check with the desk, which we did. The information desk told us she could order us a cab for 800 Kr, which we refused as this was very overpriced!!
There are airport taxi's outside the airport which were charging 600 Kr. We decided to take the airport mini bus, which charged 480 Kr. The cab driver had a hygiene problem, which was not very pleasant!! Our advice is to take the airport mini bus or the yellow cabs opposite the airport (Yellow cabs called AAA) as these are much cheaper than the Airport Taxi firm, about 300 Kr - 400 Kr.
Once we arrived at 987 Design Prague hotel to check in the receptionist was very miserable. No friendly welcome at all!!

The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable and stylish, only let down were the staff in general, especially at the front desk.
None of the staff knew were any of the restaurants we wanted to visit were located and everytime we asked for any information/direction, they had no clue!! and made no effort to find info either. Surely it is your job to know the area, so you can provide info to your hotel guest!!

The worst thing about the hotel is that they even rip you off on the cab fairs too!!
We had dinner reservations at Kampa Park restaurant for our wedding anniversary and asked the receptionist how much the cab fair would be. She advised us that the fair would be 400 Kr if we got a cab from the town, but the hotel cab would be 480 Kr. For a small difference of 80 Kr we decided to take the hotel cab, what a mistake!!!!
Firstly, the cab driver did not know where Kampa Park restaurant was (even though this is a very well know restaurant in Prague) After a 5 minute discussion with the hotel the driver took us to Na Kampa (the area of where the restaurant was) We asked him if this was Kampa Park Restaurant and he said yes it is here. We got out the cab and paid our 480 Kr and could not find the restaurant. We spent 30 mins walking around Na Kampa and asking for directions from the locals and finally located the restaurant. As you can imagine, we was not happy at all!!!
Once we had finished dining, we asked the restaurant to call us a cab back to the hotel. When the cab driver arrived, we asked him how much the fair would be. He advised us he would not know until the end of the journey as it was on a meter but roughly about 140 Kr. I thought he meant 140 Kr per mile or something, which would of worked out to be about 400 Kr and I just said OK.
Well when we arrived at the hotel the cab journey was actually 140 Kr!!! We was so shocked how cheap it was and realised that the hotel had ripped us off!!!

The next morning we complained to the hotel about them overcharging us 3 times on the cab fair and that the cab driver did not drop us off outside the restaurant. The Manager was not available so the Back Office Manger said she would look into it and get back to us that day, which she didn't. That evening we asked the receptionist if she was around to resolve the problem and she had gone home. We demanded them to call her as she advised us she would solve the problem and had not bothered to at all. She apologised and told us that she was waiting for the cab firm to return her call, which they did not. She advised us that she could not refund us the cab fair and she would offer us drink vouchers for the bar. We said No, as this was a pathetic gesture!! We agreed for her to send a bottle of champagne to our room, due to the fact it was our wedding anniversary. As expected they sent up a cheap bottle of Czech Sparkling wine which my husband and I decided to send back and rather not accept the poor gesture.

The hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable, but the staff let it down massively, very miserable, lacking information and definately service without a smile.

Would not return to this hotel due to the staff!!

Good but a little basic

by TripAdvisor Member Stucat

Stayed here for a long weekend, and it was perfect as a base for exploring the city. If, however, you like to spend a fair bit of time in your hotel on holiday, then the 987 is not the hotel for you.

The hotel is roughly eqidistant from the New and Old towns, being about a ten minute walk from each; the surrounding area seemed safe enough at night. You have to go out, because although there is a bar area where breakfast is served, there is no proper restaurant. Breakfast was fine, a good selection of typical continental fare; fruit, pastries, cold meats etc.

The rooms, as with the rest of the hotel, looked really good (and the bed was huge) but suffered some loss of functionality as a result. As mentioned in other reviews, there problem with the shower leaking into the room when the door is opened, and we also found that the shower would not stay at the same temperature, requiring continual adjustments, although, in fairness, it was excellent apart from this. More irritating than this was the storage, which was small and really badly located. Anything on a hanger will end up resting on the floor, and the shelving is practically useless.

That being said, the hotel was very clean and comfortable, the staff were helpful and spoke good english, and none of these things detracted significantly from our stay.

Ultimately, Prague is not a city you visit to spend a lot of time in a hotel, and this is a pleasant, well situated place to stay for exploring what is an enchanting city.

Enjoyable!

by TripAdvisor Member Charlotte_T

It was an enjoyable stay given cleaniness and location is a priority!
It was easy to find, walking distances to sights
The staff can be more friendly and helpful
Breakfast was pretty good, again, it will help if if they hire more mature staff.
The room is a bit noisy, next to the main road with trams running throughout the nite
Not for the light sleeper but definitely a good value hotel

Beware when you pay your bill and dont leave anything hanging around

by TripAdvisor Member monday1

Just returned from a long weekend with friends. Loved Prague and The 987 is a lovely hotel. However the bar closed at 11.00 and with no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms we were parched by breakfast. We noticed that everytime someone was paying they're bill there was a problem with being over charged. On the day of departure we had the same problem. The bill at the end of our stay differed greatly from what we were quoted and also they did not deduct our deposit. After about 20 mins we sorted out the problem to a satisfactory end. The next couple to settle their bill were charged for alchohol from the mini bar and both were teetotal! Also my friend left her purse on the table by reception. We rang the hotel to check it was there and were told yes it was, but when we returned from our trip they denied all knowledge of the telephone conversation and said no purse had been handed in!!

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Monkeystuff

The hotel was in a fantastic location. It really was as stated "Design Hotel". The modern decor was very warm and inviting. The rooms are very comfortable and quite luxurious. We booked three rooms in our party and each one was superb. The staff were nice and very approachable. It did not matter that we arrived at 1am and needed to book an extra room - it was no problem. The one receptionist was very cheery. Their knowledge of languages was incredible as we were a mixture of Spanish and English. They spoke both languages amongst others.

The breakfast was buffett style and there was a huge choice of breads, pastries, English style breakfast, continental, fresh fruits, cereals, yoghurts. They had everything.

We could not fault anything at all and the overall ambiance and people who were staying at the hotel was great.

Easy access to the town and not too far from the airport.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and also very good hotel rates. Would stay again.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jayne

Had a great time we suggested this city break to friends and we all had a fantastic time. From previous experience we took a travel kettle coffee etc. I need a coffee just to surface in the morning. Airport taxi transfer very fast but got to hotel ok. Rooms(spotlessly clean ,modern and comfy), staff, breakfast everything was great. Out of hotel turn left straight into centre, (5/10 mins walk )We visited castle (noon is the best time for changing of the guards ) astronomical clock, river boat , jewish cemetry and sex museum!!! Very informative. We ate in the side street cafe/restaurents and had lovely meals all very resonable. Weather quite warm wore short sleeved tops but went a bit cooler in the evenings. Would certainly go to this hotel again better situated than our previous stay in the Mala Strana.

987 - Loved It - but glad we read other reviews first

by TripAdvisor Member Mia69red

We were so glad we looked at the other reviews on this website - thankyou for both positive and negative comments. We would highly recommend this hotel but suggest you take on board comments we found useful thus:

+ We were approached by a Limo driver as soon as we walked thro the airport arrivals!!! That said I had a figure of CZK600 (thanks to other reviews) in my mind to Hotel 987 and he quoted CZK650 - he also promised to take us back for CZK600 on return journey. I suppose I should have just gone for a Yellow Cab as other reviewers recommended, but this guy looked the genuine article and got us there safetly and in the comfort of a new Pegeot407.

+ Take a travel kettle - thanks to other writers again - fits nicely in case and good in the morning to have a decent cuppa before you indulge in the dodgy coffee at breakfast.

- Breakfast was awful - but this is the only negative bit of our break - we knew it would be awful before we went thanks to other reviews and they were right. Dodgy scrambled egg and bacon - that said if you want bread cheese or ham you will be fine.

+ Very very clean hotel - toilets great and clean - shower great and clean - bed clean - infact can't knock cleanliness at all. Well done 987.

+ will return again one day - would also try and use other Design Hotels around the World. Different! Liked it!

+ receptionist great - bar staff great. Maybe they have read reviews too??

+ lovelly Koala Bar and Owl Bar around the corner - recommend for the 20 min walk home from town (we walked slow to take in atmosphere!!)

Hotel in Stare Mesto

by srivastava

what would be your recommendation for a hotel in Stare Mesto? We plan to spend 5 nights there. I am on lookout for a very clean, air-conditioned room. I am not a fan star hotels but cleanliness of utmost importance.

by micas_pt

Hi,

In June 2009 I visited Prague and stayed at the Rokoko Hotel in Wenceslas Square. It is not exactly Stare Mesto but is very near, even walking. Also, there are a lot of people around at night we always felt safe. Not only it is near the Historic Centre, but also has a metro station about 2 minutes from hotel.

The site is http://www.hotel-rokoko.info and we enjoyed our stay there; breakfast is not top notch, but is ok. We found our room always clean and it was comfortable.

Enjoy your visit to Prague!
Alexandra

by leics

I thoroughly enjoyed my March stay at U Medvidku, less than 5 miutes form the old Town Square.

Very clean room, good breakfast, very comfortable and historic building, pleasant staff with good English.

I have a review of this hotel/brewery restaurant on my Prague page.

There is air conditioning only in the attic rooms (in which I stayed). These are recently created (with lovely exposed beams) and pristine.

I found it through www.booking.com which is a reliable site with honest guest reviews (can only be posted after a stay booked through the site is completed) and good mapping. I suggest you explore the options on that site as well as those suggested on this thread.

by srivastava

What is your opinion on *987 Design Prague Hotel*?

by leics

I have no opinion, not having stayed there, though it's a good 10-15 minute walk to the Stare Mesto and for that reason I personally would prefer somewhere nearer.

There are many reviews here:

Comments