Acc-Nifos Expres Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• richyoon's Profile Photo

Good Location, Cheap Price, Below Average Quality

I chose the Hotel Expres based on price and location. I knew I wanted to stay in Old Town (Stare Mesto), and I wanted to keep the cost below $80/night for a single. Going by the "star ranking" of 3 and location, I chose Hotel Expres based on it being the only available hotel with those criteria. I used the website: www.prague-rooms.com

Definitely booking on-line seems cheaper than in-person b/c the posted rates at the front desk were clearly higher than the price I received by pre-booking by 30-40%. I got a single for about $60/night.

Honestly, I think 3 stars is a very generous rating for this hotel. I hear the only difference between a 2 star and 3 star is an elevator within the hotel. The room in my opinion clearly fell into the 2 star range. The room was small, and not well lit. There was nothing nice about the room. It had a small breakfast table where breakfast was delivered each morning. Breakfast was some cereal, bread, sandwich meat, and cheese, juice, tea, and cookies. There was clearly too much food, but the problem was that it was the same thing every morning, and I ended up not eating much the following mornings.

The staff was friendly enough, but I had little interaction except for check-in and check-out. It was close enough to the major attractions/subway that I was satisfied with my stay. Again, I was staying in the singles (which are located on the 1st floor - outside the main hotel). I wonder if the other rooms were better.

Unique Quality: There were no exceptional qualities of this hotel.

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Cheap & Super Central!

I enjoyed our stay at Expres Hotel as it was very central (approx 10 mins or less to walk to Charles Bridge), the staff was very friendly and rooms were clean.... Breakfast is served in your room as they do not have a restaurant; it includes cereal, fresh bread, jam, tea, coffee etc... It's also situated in front of a sex shop and next door to a peep show club lol... But it did not bother us in the slightest.... It's a very safe area with loads of great resaurants and cafe's just minutes away!

Unique Quality: Great value for money considering the location.....

Directions: Old Town

• Right in the heart of Prague

Stayed here from 29 Jan for three nights, and while its not 5 star, it is clean and warm and comfortable, bed linen and towels changed daily, and breakfast delivered to your room.
    The reception staff were very helpful, i would recommend this as its in the heart of things, especially sight seeing/pubbing and clubbing and if you've been shopping it is near the shops so you can dump your gear and go out again.

Unique Quality: Not much of a view, although like someone previously said on this website, we asked for a rear facing room high up, it was very quiet but we couldnt see much. But how much time do you spend in your room looking out of the window??

Directions: just off wenceslas square.. opposite Tesco just go back one street.

• slang75's Profile Photo

Try for the rear rooms

We stayed at this hotel in 2 different rooms over a period of 5 nights. The first room was a very spacious double in the back. It was on the higest floor and had a view of the castle in the distance. Brand new fixtures in a larger than average bathroom. When we cam back to this hotel 2 nights later we ended up with a smaller double on the front side. It was pretty old and had a tiny bathroom. For the money it wasn't a bad room, but knowing that 2 nights before we had a huge room for just a little more made the room seem that much worse.

It's in a good location. Very close to the square. the street it's on can seem a bit sketchy. There's an adult shop next door that looks like it has more than just videos..if you catch my drift. We also thing we saw a couple working girls after 11pm. But, it's still safe and seeing that you can walk 5 min to the clock, it's worth it.

Ask for a rear facing room on the higher level if you can. And, if you're in the front, enjoy the "sights" of Prague.

Comments