Stepanska 18, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Street scenesStreet scenes

Prague - Czech RepublicPrague - Czech Republic

Prague Weather.

by Jayarep

Hi!Wishing you all a Very A Vary Happy New Year.
I plan to be in Prague towards the end of March till the first week of April.What would the weather be like.Will it be very cold and would it be raining during that period.I dont want you to forecast the weather,but generally speaking what would it be like.
Hoping to receive your replies soon.
Many thanks,
Jayarep.

by r13

I do not expect it to be "very cold". Last year it was long colder spring, it is not likely to be like this two years in arow. Usually the weather sarts to be pleasant from beginning/middle of March, sometimes even in February.

It is very hard to predict the rain, in most cases spring is not rainy in Prague. Normally trees start to have leaves at that time, spring blooming starts from April.

by davesut

Good luck on this one, I went to Prague a few years back and we had warm weather in the spring sunshine. I posted some pics here on VT and someone commented how they had been there a week earlier and it had snowed.

by obaachan

I was in Prague last week of March last year. Out of six days it rained three evenings and on and off rain one day. I had a very warm coat and a couple of days I walked around without it although I had two sweaters on. Overall the weather was pleasant.

by Vickey69

As others have mentioned it can be mixed. We have been at all times of year, and have learned to take layers of clothing, you may be ok in a T Shirt and light jacket, but you may also need a warmer coat or jumper. The temperatures do drop quite a bit at night too. I would definitely take a waterproof coat/umbrella and the most comfortable shoes you have as almost all of the centre of Prague is cobbled. I would also do a 5 day weather forecast check before you go just to get an idea. Enjoy your trip.

by pritj

I m planning to travel exactly in the same peridod, end of March.
I had decided even the acommodation for Prague-budapest and Vienna, but when I searched about the weather, I gave up because it says the average temperature is between -1 and 8 degrees!
However, I m still in doubt about the destination for my trip, I really liked everything I read about Prague, and it seems to be a very nice place, but I don t want to freeze during the walkings.
Since we can not travel to such amazing countries every month, does it worthwhile, or is better to wait for another chance?...

Travel Tips for Prague

Think Again Magazine - free, fun, and useful mag

by Satler

Think Again magazine is a great source of interesting events, ideas, thought provoking columns, music and restaurant reviews, fashion, clubbing tips, and a whole lot more!
Useful and fun content, nice artwork, and it is for free.

Rudolfinum

by Veroali

The building Rudolfinum built two of the best czech architects Zitek and Schulz in second half of 19. century. Art lovers should not miss visit Rudolfinum. There is a gallery of pictures and a concert hall Dvořákova síň (Dvorak hall). Rudolfinum is so famous in the Czech republic, because there are held the best concerts of classic music and plays Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Absolutely fantastic experience!

Smile please

by thegreigs

What a sour-faced bunch so many of the Prague shop assistants are. Try for yourself - walk down any street, look in and smile at them. The sullen faces are dragging on the floor. Don't they like tourists? I nearly got my head bitten off by an assistant in a Panneria who garbled some Czech at me, rolled her eyes, and cracked a joke at my expense with her pal! Thanks. That made me feel good. Seriously, it's a service industry you're working in. You really need to sort out the customer relations side. Not pleasant to get the glowers in so many places. And then when we met Czechs in the street, they can be so nice. It must just be the shopkeepers.

Packing List

by anglosaxon

A lot of big suitcases look the same. Tie something onto the handle to clearly identify to somebody else that this is not their bag.
Small day packs that can be carried in front of you are very useful as you can keep an eye on your personal stuff. Bumbags that attache directly on a belt are good. Layers are best. Prague temperatures are up and down all the time. The combiation of a T-shirt, light jumper and waterproof jacket should see you through OK. Comfortable walking shoes are a must. I wouldn't bring special weather gear unless I was planning a mountain stay. Bring any specialist medicines and keep the box. If you need more then show the box to the chemist. If he doesn't have it there, it can normally be ordered for the next day. Bring you regular stuff. Film, lenses, digital storage is all available here but, a little more expensive I would say. I fyou want to shoot Black and White, bring it with you. Many campsites rent their own stuff and anything else left behind by previous guests. If you don't like cheese or barbeque flavour crisps then bring plenty of your own with you. Salt and Vinegar is unheard of here. Almost anything else can be bought at Tescos of one of the specialist food shops. Small pensions do not have smoke alarms in the rooms so, bring one if you are concerned. There are lots of good wines here so bring a corkscrew.

Strahov Monastery

by yooperprof

Atop the hill on the west bank of the Vltava, the Strahov Monastery rewards visitors with memorable views of the city stretching out beneath it. The monks were thrown out during the cold years of communist rule, but was successfully re-born after the Velvet Revolution, and is once again a functioning monastery. In order to pay the bills, the brothers have leased out space to a beer garden and a restaurant which offer historic charm and tremendous views. The 18th century Philosophic Hall is also worth a view - especially the library.

Comments