Andel's Hotel Prague

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings
Penelope4's Profile Photo

Quite nice hotel next to a mall

by written on July 8, 2012

The room was spacious and the amenities were quite good. It's the only hotel I can remember that provides hair band (enclosed with the shower cap).

I availed the special rate and I was not expecting much. When I saw the buffet breakfast, I was really convinced that this hotel is 4-star. A staff that awaits guest at the entrance and takes note of the room (I dislike gate-crashers really), ample selections for every taste. Crew that clear up the table right away. Fresh coffee on the table is served. Fantastic.

When travelling, I do not bring my netbook or laptop so I can spend quality time. I am glad they have computer on the ground floor which is accessible by guests so I managed to check my emails.

I must stress that the staff at the reception are very professional.

Unique Quality: I was provided clear information how to get to the hotel from the railway - that was a plus! The check-in and check-out were smooth. The fantastic interior designs in the hotel room, lobby and on the floors are quite refreshing. Made my stay very special. The clear glass doors to the WC and shower fooled me twice. They were so clear that I forgot they were there. I was so glad I was moving very slow :)

The hotel is very easy to find. The souvenir shop inside the hotel is quite good. There are many restaurants and a shopping mall close to the hotel.

Directions: From the train station, I took the red line to Florenc (Letnany). In Florenc, I changed to yellow line going to Zlicin and got off in Andel. Back to the train station, as I hate the steep escalators, I took tram No. 9.

loislois's Profile Photo

The best value hotel in Prague

by written on June 30, 2009

We had an amazing 2 nights staying there. It's a very modern hotel - spotless clean - good facilities - friendly & helpful staff - excellent breakfast buffet - nice cafe restaurant and very good price (80 Euros) for 2 people.

Directions: Prague 5
Metro stop 100m form the hotel
Right behind a big shopping mall named NOVY SMICHOV having everything. Area full of young people, bar, cafes, beergardens and restaurants.

loislois's Profile Photo

One of Prague's BEST Hotels

by written on September 19, 2008

- An excellent 4+ stars hotel
- Modern design
- New building
- Place with shopping centers, cinemas, food and coffee shops
- Very close to metro and tram stop
- Excellent services and quality
- Fantastic breakfast buffet.

WE REALLY ENJOY OUR STAY AND DEFINITELY GO AGAIN

Unique Quality: DELIGHT RESTAURANT
As you enter the first floor, you will discover the Delight restaurant, which can seat over 200 guests in either large groups or separate tables of four or two. The restaurant is open for breakfast.

OSCAR BRASSERIE
The brasserie, Oscar, is located to the lobby and accessible from the street. Fresh and modern look.

Directions: Andels Metro stop

The underground station "Andel" offers quick connection to the city centre . The bus and tram stops are located only a few metres from the hotel. In 8 min., you can reach the Charles Bridge and other sights.

Away from centre but good connections.

by written on February 13, 2007

This is one of the best hotels Prague can offer. It does not come cheap but well worth spending the money. We got a double room per night for approx 60 GBP. It is located away from the centre of the city which makes it very quiet at night. The area around the hotel is regarded as one of the commercial zones and therefore livens up in the daytime and is a busy shopping area. The area has the benefit of good tram, bus and metro links with the airport and the city centre. It is based on the B-line metro (Yellow).

Unique Quality: Clean, 4-5 star accommodation with it's own brasserie and bar area. Food served at breakfast is wide ranged and is of very good quality.

Directions: Metro Line Andels (Line B - Yellow).

Mykolas_Miguel's Profile Photo

An absolute delight.

by written on October 6, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Andel's Design Hotel for the duration of our stay in Prague. We could not have been more delighted with our accommodations.

The hotel is located in the Smichov district, just a bit off of the beaten track from the main tourist trails. It is part of the Vienna International chain of boutique and medium-sized hotels. Nearby is the Novy Smichov Shopping Center, which has a Carrefour.

We first came across the hotel in Expedia.com. Charmed by the photos we saw, we next did our research in TripAdvisor.com. Satisfied with what we read, and hopeful we chose a different path that many of our fellow Americans, we booked our stay.

The only thing that caused us any hesitation were the comments some TripAdvisor.com readers had made about its distance from the Old Town and the other sights. Contrary to what some people said, we found the walk to the Old Town to be in the range of 15-30 minutes depending on how distracted we were by looking at yet another Art Deco detail... If you did not want to walk, the Andel subway station is right next to the hotel.

It is worth nothing that the Smichov district is in the process of being revitalized. That means that a building or two may look a bit shady while the rest of the block is being gossied up. For the tourist who wants to spend their money well, this meant that you got into a top notch hotel at rates substantially less than what you would pay at the Hilton, you ate at very good restaurants at a fraction of what you would pay for inferior food in the Old Town, and you could buy the same trinkets and glassware found in the tourist traps at the prices that the Czechs pay.

Unique Quality: As my wife and I spent preciously little time in the hotel - you are in Prague to sightsee afterall! - I can't offer detailed comments about Andel's. I will say that we found the service to be friendly and efficient, the breakfast to be different and outstanding everyday, and the bar to be comfortable in a post-modern kind of way. The pictures that are posted in their website are an accurate depiction of what the hotel really looks like.

We would not hesitate to return and highly recommend this hotel.

phred1910's Profile Photo

A very modern hotel

by written on October 1, 2003

I was invited to stay here by my friends and I graciously took them up on the offer. The service and facilities are very modern and very good. The staff went out of the way to help us with any requests.

I would highly recommend this place to those with a few extra $$ to spend

Nearby Andel's Hotel Prague

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Prague Travel Forum

Need advice about Prague, Czech Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Prague and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Prague hotel reviews

Mercure Centre
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
U Zlute Boty (The Yellow Shoe)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews