Vltavska 11/667, Praha 5 - Smichov, Prague, Bohemia, 15000, Czech Republic
Agoda.com AMOMA.com Hostelworld.com

More about Aparthotel City 5

great hotel and people

by TripAdvisor Member eazyeee

I just completed a one month trip of Europe and by far the aparthotel City 5 was the best we stayed in. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the CityCenter and 2 minutes from a tram stop. A Tesco and shopping mall are 3 block away and a lot of low priced restaurants that locals visit are in the neighborhood. We stayed in a very nice apartment with kitchen. It was large, clean and quiet inside and out of the building. The hotel offers breakfast for 3 Euros an has free internet access.
Kristina is a fantastic person and was very helpfull to us. Upon check in she gave us a rundown of what to see and avoid in the city. We asked her if there was a laundry mat near by , instead of just pointing us to one she had us bring down our clothes and had them washed for us at no charge. My 2 year old daughter took a liking to one of the stuffed animals in the Lobby and she insisted that my daughter take it with us on check out. Kristina and the rest of the staff truely care about you and treat you like family.

Absolutely Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member RuthlessRay

Just returned from a long weekend in Prague. We spent three nights in Aparthotel City 5 and we really loved it. The people were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were immaculate, and the little cafe downstairs in perfect for a healthy breakfast or an afternoon coffee or beer. There's a pub two doors up that does very good Czech food - just ask Kristina and she'll give sound advice on eating out, sightseeing, getting around...
The place is 5 - 10 mins to the old town or Prague Castle by tram or metro, both of which are up the road. Don't waste your time with taxis in Prague - they're chancers and will rip you off, plus the transport system is excellent so there's really no need.
It's not a five star hotel so if you want a gym, pool, opulent lobby and day spa, look elsewhere. However if you want a pretty and functional appartment or room in a grat location at low prices, then do the smart thing and stay here.

Outstanding!!

by TripAdvisor Member Daff_Powys_Wales

Aparthotel City 5 is an absolutely fantastic hotel. Even better than the hotel, however, are Kristina & Gastone, who are the most helpful, friendly & accommodating hoteliers we’ve come across. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble. From the moment we arrived and checked in the friendliness shown to us was fantastic. Detailed city maps, where to go, what to see, how to get there, good restaurants, etc were all provided for us from the word go.
The hotel itself is brilliant. Housed in a lovely building, you don’t just get a double room – you get an apartment! With it’s own sitting room / kitchenette, shower & wc and a nice sized double bed room, it really is all you could ask for.
Everything is spotlessly clean and tidy. All utensils, kettle, plates, etc are provided as are complimentary teas & coffee.
The Café that is attached to the hotel is also really nice & serves a great buffet breakfast for 90 crowns (just under £3) – in fact, make sure you eat enough otherwise Kristina wont be happy!!
The hotel is about 20 mins walk from the Old Town or you could take a tram or use the metro which are a couple of minutes walk away. In close proximity is also a large shopping mall, with all sorts of stores and a large Tesco super market. There are some really nice restaurants around the area, the Mexican just before the metro station was a particular favourite & very reasonable.
All in all a fantastic break to Prague, which is a beautiful city and Apart hotel City 5 is well worth looking up.

Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member sinflwer

We stayed at this property for 5 nights in October 2007. After reading all of the reviews on this site and checking out the hotel's website, we decided to book our stay and we were not disappointed! Kristina was a very welcome hostess and greeted us with a smile after our long journey and gave us alot of welcome information, such as which sights to see, how to get around the city, which tours might be a good idea to take, and how to navigate the metro. As first time travellers to Prague, her information was greatly welcome! Each time we walked downstairs, we were greeted with smiles and asked how our stay was. Our room (#22) was very comfortable and large by European standards. We enjoyed having a kitchenette with large fridge and dishes so we could cook some meals if we chose to. The bed was comfortable, and we were never interrupted by loud neighbors. The shower was good size and actually gave us room to move around, which was wonderful considering some European hotels have such small showers it is often hard to navigate! The location was also fabulous - in a more "locals" area of town, and close to the metro station, which could get us to all of the sights easily. Overall we had a lovely experience and the price could not be beat. On our return trips to Prague we will definitely be looking this hotel up again as our stay was very comfortable - we look forward to visiting again!

Great Value and Service

by TripAdvisor Member Rudders71

I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. The service is friendly but not obtrusive and we were well informed of the local amenities and transport links as soon as we checked in. Loved the local area for eating out and drinking, and the shopping isn't bad either.
The facilities within the studio apartment are very clean and is equipped with everything you need for a short break, microwave, hob, kettle and a good working shower. Would definately stay here again and would reccommend to all.

Quite Good

by TripAdvisor Member Mike-Lyndsay

This hotel is very clean and very well equipped with Kristina being the perfct host.
I agree with all the good reviews below but these are the things which need corrected:

1 The pillows and mattresses are absolutely awful.
2 There are no curtains, only a white net which can be covered by an orange net.
3 If your bedroom faces the front of the building the road noise is really loud.

It is in a really good location and we did enjoy our stay but probably would not go back until the points above were sorted out.

The only place I will stay in when visiting Prague

by TripAdvisor Member Unionmark

I can only repeat what has already been said, this place is the best value for money you will find in any European capital city. I defy anyone to find an apartment (not just a room) in such a location for this price. Gastone was the perfect host, nothing too much trouble and great contact before the stay itself.

Breakfast was 90 Koruna and had all types of cereal, bread, cheese, yoghurts and cakes, with toasted sandwiches on offer for those who like something hot. The cafe and childrens play area were also fantastic.

The only problems I saw were a hole in the shower cubicle in the room and the loud street outside, I would imagine that staying here in summer would be a loud experience. The mattresses are hard but thats what i like so no problems there. everything else is literally like visiting a home from home, and all for 30 quid.

As I said, I travel to Prague quite regularly. This will now be the only place my family and I will stay, end of story.

Very Good stay

by TripAdvisor Member dawood83

I just returned from a 3 night stay here! I must say I was very impressed with the value for money. The rooms were clean, new, comfortable, bathroom was very nice and I couldnt fault it at at all and the price was very good.

Gastone and Kristina were very good hosts and were helpful in pointing us in the right direction as tourists and were always polite and honest.

wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member ladyskinner

My Mother and I took a short brake to Prague and stayed at the Apart hotel. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel most welcome by all the staff. The manager went out of his way to be helpful giving us detailed ionformation about public transport and how to get to the major sights. Our 1 bedroom apartment was fantastic very roomy. It was kept spotlessly clean. We had a balcony with a view. It was warm with plenty of hot water. Nicely furnished with plenty of storage space. It also had a really good bed settee. Its very near the local tram stops and an underground station. There is also a large shopping centre 5 minutes walk away and the local restaurants and cafes are brilliant. I would not hesitate to recomend this place. Enjoy!

Brilliant place to stay in Prague

by TripAdvisor Member LilyLila

This hotel is everything you read in the reviews and more. I would recommmed this to anyone going to Prague. Brilliantly clean, spacious accomodation with everything you need (even washing up liquid to wash your dishes!). And cheap too! Very close to city centre (3 metro stops).

The local area is great, many bars and nice restaurants. The only down side (for me being a non-smoker!!) is the pubs are really smokey. I'm sure this would be great for all you smokers out there!

Kristina and Gustav are so welcoming and full of knowledge on anything you need to know.

And don't be put off by the previous review about the beds, they are perfectly comfortable, they would not put me off at all. The pillows aren't the best, you you get used to them in about 15 minutes!

Book it!