Apartments Bilkova 11

Charles Bridge, PragueCharles Bridge, Prague

accomodation in prague

by ginguba

Hey,

i want to visit Prague, not sure when, because i'm having a bit of problems finding a flight that isn't too expensive (i'm travelling from Lisbon).
People tell me the best way is to buy a pack flight+hotel but i'm not that happy with that...
So if anyone could help me with an idea of a nice accomodation (doesn't have to be an hotel, i rather stay in a hostel or somewhere more cosy) but it would be cool for it to be central, cause it'll be something like a 3/4 day visit.

And if anyone has tips for cheap flights that would be extremely welcomed to!

txs u all
angie

by HansDK

Cheapest on TAP LIS-PRG seems to be around EUR 178/return.

Sky Europe start start flying LIS-PRG in the end of May - twice a week. But not much cheaper - around EUR 140/return.

by caffelatte

I stayed at Miss Sophie's. Liked it. It is not really central, but is 5 minutes from a metro station. Only complaint is I couldnt find any nice place to eat close by.

by Kakapo2

I always recommend the Botels - boats on the river, next to the city centre. Cheap and a totally different kind of accommodation. I think I have a list on my Prague page - the only tip at the moment ;-)

by HORSCHECK

Hello,

Okay, my accomodation suggestion is also not very centrally located, but probably unbeatable in price:

You find a more detailed review on my Prague page.

I hope this helps

HORSCHECK

by doodybee

hotel extol inn was our choice in holesvice but on the tram line into th ecentre = link to website on my prague pages- we booked off another hotelsite and got it cheaper that the quoted price though

hope you find something nice

by LarsyL

Hallo, me and my friends, we stayed at Hostel U Melounu, its close to Wenzels square, that means in the centre.. Very nice people in there and very nice hostel.. Try this one, it was really great and cheep.. Try to look at their websites.. Have fun in Prague:)

by ginguba

txs u all!
i'm still trying to find a flight that isn't above 170€, which is king of my limit...

by luciia

Hey,
My friends and I stayed in Hostel U Melounu :) was really nice, cheap, clean, staff was helpful, they have garden and is so gorgeous. we loved the place. Its situated near to the center so you don´t need to worry and walk to the center max. 10-15min :)check heir webside think www.hostelumelounu.cz
So enjoy time in Prague

Travel Tips for Prague

Visit the St. Mikulas...

by jonkb

Visit the St. Mikulas Cathedral on Mala Strana. There are two churches by that name - the other one beeing at the old towns square. The St. Mikulas on Mala Strana isn't fabulous before you enter it. Inside you will see white statues with golden ornaments.

St.Nicholas Cathedral. Mala...

by fandango

St.Nicholas Cathedral. Mala Strana.
The most important barroquian building at Prague.Outside it looks as another church, get into and discover a voluptuose,exuberant and amazing decoration.In front of the Cathedral there is a Pest column.

I got along with the locals....

by Tocco

I got along with the locals. but it took time. The Czechs seemed standoffish at first. I would not let that stop me from making friends with them. I just showed them that I was not some evil American, and just wanted to have fun.
After a while they loosend up and we all had a great time.

Prague tearooms

by jkey

Most people have Prague associated with Beer. That's ok, but: Where you can choose from 80 fine teas from almost any tea-planting country in the world, prepared and served with great care and knowledge, and specific culture? In Prague's tearoom!

Some longer descriptons how Prague tearooms look like may be found at

Petrin Hill

by ettenaj

The top of Petrin Hill can be reached on foot or by funicular from Ujezb road ( a sunken lane). On the hill are the Petrin Tower, St Lawrence Church, the People's Observatory, the Mirror Maze and Hunger Wall.
The tower is 200ft high made of iron, and was built in 1891 and has served as a TV tower. From the upper gallery which is a climb of 299 steps,there are far ranging scenic views of Prague and central Bohemia. Open daily 09.30 - 18.00 April, May Oct. 09.30 -20.00 June - Sept and Sat.Sun only Nov- March

Comments