Apartments Tynska 7

Tynska 7, The Old Town, Prague, 10000, Czech Republic
Apartments Tynska 7
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Prague

3 Russian boys getting their picture done3 Russian boys getting their picture done

Royal Gardens and Summer PalaceRoyal Gardens and Summer Palace

St Vitus CathedralSt Vitus Cathedral

Golden laneGolden lane

Visiting Prague this week

by 1Sharla

We are visiting Prague arriving Wednesday the first of July. We are a husband wife couple and we would appreciate a local person or couple taking the time to show us around--we could take you out to lunch or for drinks. Thanks! :)

Re: Visiting Prague this week

by camille_e

You are probably already in Prague. I was there the week of June 15. I chose to hire a private guide for a 6 hour tour for my husband and I and if your budget permits you may want to consider one as well. We used the recommendation from the Fodor's Prague Guide for www.private-prague-guide.com. We were fortunate to have our guide be the same one the Fodor's editor, Doug Stallings used, Jaroslav - Jay - Pesta, the company owner. However he has other guides that I have seen great reviews for too.

Jay was personable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Prague and the Czech Republic and obviously passionate about providing tours that were customized to the interest of the client. His English is very good too. Jay met us right on time in the reception area of the hotel. He was very helpful and assisted me with some information to further my quest for information on my grandfather who was born there. After our tour was concluded, my husband and I both had wished wed booked more time with Jay. We feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet Jay and have him as our guide. Jay gets our highest recommendation. - from first time US to Europe travelers.

Travel Tips for Prague

Two citysides: the old and the "new" town

by Pavlik_NL

Take at least two days to only make two citieswalks. One on the Westbank of the Vltava-river (new town, however still ancient!), one on the other side (old town, can you imagine how old if the other is already ancient!). Begin and finish on the Karlov Most and focus in the old town (Stara Mesto) on the cityhall, Tyn-church and marketsquare. The East-side is dominated by the Burg-complex (palaces, castle, cathedral and governemental centre) and can be the focusing point here. The hours I breathed the atmosphere on the 'Karluv Most' (Karl's bridge). The busy, lively and happy chaos that is here is unique for Praha. Many tourists mingle with Praha-citizens. The peaceful flowing Vltava-river (Moldau?) reflects the beautiful cityscape on both sites and some swans make the picture complete.

Prazsky Grad

by kris-t

Despite many wars and fires, Prague Castle has grown into a unique architectural complex, the largest of its kind in Europe.
A visit to this medieval castle is a must for all visitors to Prague. It contains the Gothic Saint Vitus Cathedral (the most recognised landmark in Prague), a monastery, several towers, St. George's Basilica, palaces and Golden Lane.

Prazsky Grad is splendid any time of the year.... Prague Castle Complex:

Prague Castle Gardens:
Apr-Oct: Daily 10:00-18:00

Feed the birds!

by bugalugs

As a great animal lover I knew being a river in Prague there were bound to be ducks somewhere. Its a habit of mine I'm afraid. :-)
At breakfast time I wrapped some toast in a napkin and put it in my bag. As we crossed over the Charles Bridge onto the Castle side I looked over the wall near to the embankment and there was a small inlet with ducks sitting there, we had to go down some steps to get to this area and then I produced my toast, started breaking bits off and throwing it in for the ducks who were greatly excited then diving around trying to see who could get it first. Trouble was there were gulls then flying around, they never seem to miss a trick and was had been a peaceful scene at first became quite noisey then with the ducks and gulls are fighting for the toast! Thankfully though the ducks seem to get most of it.

Terezin Jewish Ghetto Memorial

by kit_mc

This place was a fortess town built to defend against Prussian invasion. It is however better known in its capacity as a holding ghetto for Jewish people during WWII. From here, individuals were transported to extermination camps such as Auschwitz.

Terezin, or Theresienstadt in German, is about a 50 minute bus ride from Prague's Florenc Bus Station and as such can be visited easlity in an afternoon or morning.

The town has numerous sites related to its use in the horrors of the Holocaust, including the Museum of the Jewish Ghetto which is based over two buildings. A film made by the German war machine during occupation can be seen which will undoubtedly leave you in silence. Pictures created by the imprisoned children, almost all exterminated by the end of the war, are also on display.

This is a must for anyone with an interest in the recent history of the Czech and Slovak Republics.