Hostivitova 3, Prague, Bohemia, 128 00, Czech Republic

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Sweet home Prague

This is absolutely a great choice for family and budget travellers.

The residence sits in a quite but convenient area near Vyton, and just on the east side of Vltava river. Just 3 tram stops from the old town/charles bridge.

The building is a classic 19 century construction, acquired by Pasquale Gusmano, an Italian traveller, in 2000. He renovated it into the current service appartment.

Appartments are good for 2 person/families. Rooms are decorated with antique furnitures and nice paintings, while the kitch and toilette are modern and well equipped.

Pasquale is a nice person, he has been to many places in Europe and it is a nice experience to have a chat with him.

Unique Quality: Breakfasts are delivered to your room according to your designated time. (service free of charge)

It is an extremely good one, with many choices of bread, drink, cheese and fruits.
    Sometime, Pasquale's monther will prepare some authentic Italian Tiramisu, which is fantastic and the best I ever had.

Directions: Vyton, old castel

More about Arcadia Residence

Make Prague a magical experience - stay at the Arcadia Residence

by TripAdvisor Member KiwiJohn

It’s all been said before...
Make your stay in Prague a magical experience by staying at the Arcadia Residence. Delight in Mother's breakfast trolley, the tastefully decorated apartment we booked as a room and Pascal's wonderful service from picking us up at the rail station to walking us down to the tram stop.

My wife and I have never received such wonderful service and value for money in our travels in Europe as was received at the Arcadia Residence.

I could write pages but will sum in up in that you would be a fool not to book Arcadia Residence for your stay in Prague.

Thankyou Pascal (and Mum) for our stay.

Arcadia lived up to it's fabulous reputation! (...and was gay-friendly!)

by TripAdvisor Member crookedbarn

It was our first time in Prague and we were a bit nervous as to what we would find. From the moment my girlfriend and I arrived at the Arcadia Residence we were treated with kindness and with the utmost hospitality. Mr Gusmano even walked us to the tram to make sure we knew how to get around. Breakfast was out of this world and his mother's treats were scrumptious! We travel a great deal and wish there was an Arcadia Residence in every big city. Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Gusmano!

A Proper taste of Prague

by TripAdvisor Member gav353530

Yes, it is true all the previous reviews are correct. My partner and I, having just returned from a 3 day stay in the Arcadia Residence can only say that Pasquale and his mother provide a proper home away from home. We booked online and a quick email to Pasquale arranged a taxi transfer from the airport direct to the apartments. There are various other methods of travel, bus and metro etc or indeed you can book a taxi online using various websites, but the transfer organised by Pasquale was very reasonable (you do have to remember that the apartments are in the Vysherad area south of the new town).

Upon arrival we checked into our lovely room and then Pasquale walked us down to the nearest tram stop. The area itself is very relaxing away from the hussle and bussle of the busy old/new towns but only a few minutes away by tram. As for Pasquales mum and her infamous breakfast trolley I can honestly say you could have fed a family of four on the breakfast my partner and I received every morning.

Trust me if you are going to Prague and are looking good value, clean accomodation with a little taste of a home away from home go to the Arcadia Residence. I know that we'll be back.

A home from home !!

by TripAdvisor Member foxmeister

What can I say that has not already been said about the Arcadia Residence.... believe me it is as good as all the previous reviewers have already stated.
My wife and I are well travelled and have visited many European cities, we've just returned from our first visit to Prague.

We arrived at the Arcadia Residence having been collected from the airport by minibus which Pasquale had organised. We were greeted at the door by Pasquale and his mother who were as friendly and welcoming as we had expected they would be.
We were shown to our home for the next 3 nights which was the two bedroomed apartment on the top floor. It was a 'grand' apartment with wooden floors, antique furniture and great views of the castle. On a morning the bedrooms were pitch black due to the velux blinds. When the breakfast arrived and the bell rung it was easy to think it was still the middle of the night!!

We were worried about our first tram journey but needn't have been as Pasquale provided us with tickets and maps and walked us to the tram stop which was only ten minutes away.

The first night we enjoyed walking around the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge area.

On our second day we decided to visit Prague Zoo as we thought our 18 month old son would enjoy it, we were not wrong, we all thought it was worth the 45 minute journey and £2 admission!!
Pasquale provided us with detailed instructions on how to find the Zoo which involved changing from tram 17 on to bus 112 (and returning on the metro for a change!!). We could have spent the whole day there due to the size of the place and the variety of animals there (polar bears, tigers, giraffes, zebras, etc.) All the animals were in large enclosures and some were in fields. They appeared to be well looked after.

That night we decided to go to a restaurant called Semika that Pasquale had pointed out to us. It was over the road from the Arcadia Residence. The menu was translated into English which was a bonus, the service was slow to start off but picked up during the evening. The whole meal including bottle of wine was no more than £10, I had Turbot and wife had Czech Goulash both 10/10, would definitely go back.

The third day we walked for miles visiting the funicular railway that leads up to the observation tower, the castle and church, Wenceslas Square, shops, etc.

That night we went to Pravek Restaurant (part of a chain of restaurants in Prague) that had been recommended to me on this site. Pasquale gave us directions but as we were leaving to go there he decided to walk with us to make sure we found it ok!! I wouldn't recommend the place. Service was slow and restaurant was in the basement and very smoky. Food was ok but was mainly kebabs, some of the meat was tough, reminded me of US food.

Back to the Arcadia, the breakfasts were 'wheeled' to our room by Pasquale's mother at 9am each morning like we had asked. We had never seen anything like them. Fruit, pastries, eggs, cereals, meat, cheese, home made tiramisu!! etc. gorgeous and enough food to keep us going until mid afternoon.

We were sorry to leave on the Saturday. Pasquale gave my wife and mum a box of chocolates as we left and posed with his mother for a photograph outside the building (which I promised I wouldn't post on this site!!). We were treat like family throughout our stay at the Arcadia and we are already looking forward to returning in 2007.

Without the continual help and advice that Pasquale gave us I know that we wouldn't have enjoyed our visit as much as we did. When I booked several months ago the Arcadia Residence was number 30 in the tripadvisor rankings. It is now number 1 and deservedly so.

Cheers,

Foxy + Family.

Only in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member kroupa

When I booked my reservation Arcadia Residence was listed #27 on tripadvisor.com. I called the hotel and spoke directly with the owner Pasquale. I was disappointed to hear that all the rooms were booked during my trip, but Pasquale immediately offered a studio apartment right in the middle of the historic downtown. Pasquale took care of everything for me... he personally picked me up from the airport, gave me a small tour of where I was staying and checked in regularly to make sure that I was enjoying my stay and had everything I needed. The studio was huge, and located dead center in the heart of the action. If you're looking for something more low key, the arcadia residences are a little south of the historic central, but are less touristy and quiter. It's a short cab or train ride to get to all the highlights of this historic city. All the locations of Arcadia are well maintained, clean and very nice. Also you get the feeling you're staying with family - I don't think you could ever find such a great value for the price, with such great owners in the US. Brady

A birthday to remember!

by TripAdvisor Member david&janew

Arcadia Residence is one of those places that you have a good feel about, even before you get there. Granted, it was top of the Trip Advisor list for Prague, but after several emails with Pasquale, which surpassed our expectations for speed of response, we really started to look forward to our first visit to Prague.

After the smoothly arranged airport pickup and a half hour ride we were greeted by Pasquale in the entrance lobby to Arcadia. Warm and friendly, he went through the usual formalities before showing us to our apartment where we relaxed with a cup of tea. Our high expectations were met by the spacious, spotlessly clean and relaxing apartment environment.

Later, on our first venture into Prague, Pasquale accompanied us on our first 10 minute Tram ride and left us just opposite Charles Bridge to explore.
That evening when we returned, Pasquale was there to greet us again, enquiring about our day. This was customer service of the highest order!

On our first morning, Mama Gusmano knocked at the arranged time to deliver our sumptuous breakfast trolley. This was the life of luxury! Our visit coincided with my Birthday and the icing on the cake (literally) was Mama’s arrival with a second trolley laden with a candled birthday cake and bubbly!

Pasquale and Mama could write the book on great customer service and that is exactly what you’ll get when you visit them in Prague.

PS don't forget to spend time in the local area, with spectacular views from the Walls and also pop into the marionette workshop across the road.

Best value for money in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member debbsp

Myself and my partners stayed here for three nights in November. We have travelled all around Europe and have never stayed in such a welcoming, clean, friendly place. Pasquale and his mum made us feel very at home without being obtrusive. Everything you read in the reviews is spot on. Hopefully they'll develop a chain around the world, we know where we'll stay.

Arcadia, Pasquale & Mama Gusmano are the ultimate best!

by TripAdvisor Member LolaSingapore

If it were possible to give a 10-star rating, we would do so!

Because Arcadia is a very special gem and a genuine home away from home.

Aesthetically, Arcadia is truly lovely. Everything in the premises was chosen with great taste, style and care, and special attention paid to every detail.

We loved the decor, flowers and the rosewood incense...

At the same time, everything is functional, clean and well maintained.

Special attention is always given to ensure that guests enjoy complete comfort in every respect.

The icing on the cake is of course Mama Gusmano's unbeatable breakfast and her daily personal attention to our well-being!

And of course Pasquale's unending patience, focused care, kind friendliness, quirky sense of humour & amazing resourcefulness had the effect of making us not want to leave!

Arcadia is such a rare and extraordinary treasure that, intially, we did not want to post any comments, so that we could selfishly keep it a secret! But that would not be fair to Pasquale and Mama Gusmano!

Arcadia's happy vibes made our stay in Praga especially wonderful & unforgettable! Grazie mille, Pasquale e Mama Gusmano!

From Bernice, Lynette & Grace.

Amazing-The Best Hotelin The World

by TripAdvisor Member ClaireAustralia

The hotel is so warm, welcoming and beutifull we were actually reluctant to leave our apartment to explore beutifull Prague. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment which was spacious, furnished beutifully and so clean it left the 5 star accomadayion options to shame. Mamma and Pasquale look after you like family members without being intrusive. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them-and trust me we tested them. From Mamma insisting she wash our VERY dirty clothes herself to Pasquale walking us to our shuttle (that he had organised). I cant think of a single complaint about this hotel- it even smells fantastic. Prague blew our mind with its beauty and atmosphere but Arcadia stole our hearts.

PS. Mamma's breakfast are mindblowing