Arcotel Teatrino

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• vesna04's Profile Photo

Nice Art Nouveau Styled Hotel

Beautiful Hotel !
    The communal areas are fantastic. If you like Art Nouveau, this might be hotel for you. The room was on the small size but very clean with good bathroom facilities.
    Breakfast was great and very nicely presented but it was not included in the room price. I only had it once as I found it very expencive, even more when I am concened, as I don't eat much in the mornng. It was priced 15 euros per person.

Unique Quality: The location: very close to the tram stop but still trams don't pass by the hotel. It takes only 3 stops to get you in the very center (5-7 minutes).

• Just out of center

I spent 4 nights at this hotel in May of 2005. I found the staff to be very helpful in setting up day trips to nearby locations. They gave me brochures and other useful information about Prague and the surrounding areas right when I checked in.

The free internet access in the lobby proved to be useful as I arrived at night and no place was open late enough for me to go buy a phone card to call home.

I had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and it was really nice although a bit expensive. I also had dinner one night and got a certain special which was fabulous and pretty cheap actually.

I was not too keen on the idea of 2 mattresses put together instead of double beds as I was sharing the room with my college buddy, but in the end, we dealt with it like adults should, and were just thankful to have a place to bed down for the night in a strange and new place.

When I reached my floor (the 4th), the elevator bell rang which had a very spooky tone to it, and I walked through the hallway expecting 2 young twin girls to appear and say 'play with us', a la The Shining.

I didn't use the trams when I was there, rather, I walked everywhere as I felt that was the nicest way to see the city. Going into the city center was pretty easy and leisurely (if you feel like a 10-15 minute downhill walk), but going back after a long day of sightseeing is kind of hard, as you have to head back uphill, capped off the by the steepest road which leads back up to the hotel, which can be found 1 block after the nice looking church.

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was not too fancy or nice, and I could see where one might be left with a cold, soulless feeling by it, but practically speaking it serves its purpose.

I would recommend staying here if you enjoy a good physical walk into town, and it's probably not for the elderly or the out of shape.

• mary_birt's Profile Photo

Teatrino

A very clean hotel with friendly staff.
    Many years ago this was a theatre and many famous people performed here, such as Mozart and Litst.

Unique Quality: In the dining room the balconys of when it was a theatre are still there.

Directions: A tram ride away from the main streets and shops.

More about Arcotel Teatrino

Arcotel TeatrinoArcotel Teatrino

Hotel Teatrino

by Jackiet147

Can anybody tell me what this hotel is like? We have booked to stay there in May. Is it central to the main attractions? Any good restaurants nearby in walking distance?

RE: Hotel Teatrino