Trziste 9, Prague, Bohemia, 118 00, Czech Republic

Travelocity Booking.com AriaHotel.net

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• pswms's Profile Photo

in the old headquarters of the secret police

innovative musical theme, great location in Mala Strana, except that it is nextdoor to the American Embassy, where police patrol the streets continuously to ward off the evil lurking in the rest of the world. The hotel is a beautiful recent renovation of an old police headquarters, quiet and expensive, but with lovely rooms each themed to a different composer. The staff is pleasant and efficient, the restaurant above average and the bar and lounge comfortable.

Unique Quality: musical theme in each hotel room, and a rooftop deck with afternoon cocktails, excellent interior decoration

• gorgeous hotel, great location

We stayed here for only one night in December 2004, and would love to have had more time to spend there. The hotel has a music theme - see their website for pictures and details. It is very well located, just a few minutes' walk to the Charles Bridge (Karluv Most) and Prague Castle (Praszky Hrad). Breakfast was included and was divine - served in an airy indoor courtyard.

Unique Quality: Friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful building. Gorgeous, comfortable room with a great bed. Free internet access in rooms, a music library, helpful concierge with a degree in music. Parking garage.

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Outstanding

Fantastic location 5 minutes walk from Charles Bridge and the castle. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Unique Quality: Roof terrace is narrow but has lovely views.
    There is a small gym with friendly staff.
    A CD library is useful and you can take things back to your rooms.

The dining rooms are part of the lounge and are top-lit.

Directions: Next to the American Embassy

• Tayto's Profile Photo

Aria hits the right notes !

The Aria hotel is an expensive hotel by Prague standards but it is in a great location and is a touch of class in the city.

Each floor has a music theme e.g. Jazz, Classical etc and each room is dedicated to a composer, artiste and this adds to the ambiance of the hotel. Each room has a CD system and you can borrow CD's from the hotel's extensive music library in line with your preferred theme or musical tastes.

The hotel looks deceptively small from the outside but opens into a large hotel with modern rooms which are of a good size.

There is a nice Atrium area and the food is excellent. Definitely recommend it as a place to stay even though a little more pricey that other options. Its proximity to Prague Castle, Charles bridge, Chrurch of St Nicholas etc make it a great place to stay.

Unique Quality: Atrium dining area is very pleasetn and has a touch of class about it
    The themed music rooms throughout the hotel help transform modern functional bedrooms to a more homely feel.
    Good Irish Bar just across the road ....well ok I am Irish so maybe that's a cultural bias !

• niborr's Profile Photo

Prague's Music Hotel

This hotel boasts it is the best hotel in Prague. We shall put it to the test in July 04, so watch this space.

I am now writing this review from the Mozart Suite in the Hotel Aria and I think their boast is true - 'it is the best hotel in Prague'.

This is definately one of the new breed of top hotels that specialise in what I would call discreet luxury. The hotel is unassuming from the outside but come inside and quite simply you are 'looked after'. It is without doubt one of the best Hotels for service I have ever stayed in.

Unique Quality: The hotel is themed on music, with each room dedicated to an Artist/Composer - great - but the real gem is the music library, with a great selecton of DVD's/CD's for you to view in either your room or their private cinema. This is complimented by a DR of Musicology that will help/advise/book tickets etc - Her advice and guidance made this into a great trip.

The rooms are simply stunning, I won't say any more apart from the fact that we had a personal guide who wanted to have a look at the room - she was blown away, stating that the view of the Gardens was probably the best in Prague.
    (If you want details of a fantastic guide then e-mail me)

I guess the real advantage this hotel has, is that with only 53 rooms it has that personal feel that is missing from the likes of Four Seasons. If you can afford it stay here.

Directions: Fantastic location

More about Aria Hotel

Disappointed with the Aria

by TripAdvisor Member jabiru

We have just returned from a two night stay in Prague and after reading the reviews on the Aria Hotel decided to treat ourselves to the escape package at 325 euros a night. Our room was a junior suite and apparently none of the junior suites overlook the gardens which we had been informed of before arrival, unfortunately our room did not have any view whatsoever and the room certainly did not seem any larger to us than a standard room with a small bathroom. We decided to check out after one night, the Front Desk Manager was most concerned and offered us a luxury suite for the same price, however we had already reserved a room at the Hotel Waldstein.
They gave us a two bedroom/two bathroom room for less than half the cost of the Aria, the breakfast was very good and the staff friendly and helpful.

extremely friendly

I stayed at the Aria Hotel this summer. During my stay I was able to see all of the attractions of the city, including 2 excellent soccer matches. Throughout my stay at the Hotel, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any enquiries I had about local attractions. The hotel has an ideal location for anyone wishing to visit Prague. You are within 5 - 10 minutes walk from every attraction in the old city, and even though you are close to the hassle and bussle of the city, once you enter the hotel, this is all left behind, and you are able to relax in peace and quiet. I wish to send out my gratetude to all of the hotel staff for the friendliness, assistance, and for making my stay an enjoyable one. When I return to Prague, I will definitely be returning to stay at the Aria Hotel again.
Just one comment: I would re-think your site's purpose and design from the ground up. You're making a lot of classic mistakes here-it is too large and slow.

Liked the restaurant very much

by TripAdvisor Member SilverGoldman

Summer 2004. We stayed at the Four Seasons, but crossed the Charles Bridge to try the Coda restaurant seen on Travelfirst. This wonderful dinner -in unfortunately empty room- was our opportunity to peep in the Aria hotel (Coda is part of it). We were just impressed. Couple of suites were not occupied at that moment of the evening, and the concierge let us inspect them: the view over a large (private?) garden was like a dream, and the rooms so high tech. We came back to the disappointing Four Seasons (standard luxury, nothing else) with frustration. This is where we will stay, my wife and U, next time we visit the wonderful city of Prague.

Pedro (from Caracas)

Aria Hotel - Good or Bad?

by niborr

Going to Prague in July and wanted to treat my Husband and stay somewhere really nice. Has anyone been to the Hotel Aria and can give me some honest feedback.

Also I was going to hire a personal guide to show us the real Prague, as iread that as it is so busy with tourists using the same guide books, all the places recommended in the guides end up as tourist traps. So again has anyone used one?

Thanks in Advance

Love

Liz

Re: Aria Hotel - Good or Bad?

by alpenrap

Hello Liz

You like to have a nice staying in Prague then dont forget to take yourself information about Prague Card & Prague Passport. Maybe this is something for you and your husband:
www.praguecard.info