Atos Hotel Prague

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

Great hotel - great location

Excellent Hotel - thouroughly recommended.
    It is right on a tram route so you can get around easily although we walked everywhere. Most of the central tourist sites are 1 or 2 stops away - or a short walk.
    On our last morning we had an hour to kill so walked over the Legions' Bridge, along the river, across Charles Bridge and back along the river to the hotel in plenty of time.

The 5th and 6th floor may experience problems with water pressure at peak times - the shower was "iffy" at 8.00am for example.

Breakfasts were lovely - a lot of choice but the dining room is a little chaotic at peak times with not much room to move about. It was OK though, and should not put you off.

Location is excellent - near the foot of the Funicular railway link to Petrin Hill.

Unique Quality: Location Location Location

Directions: Melnicka - a road just over the Legions Bridge between this bridge an Kampa.

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, good location

We stayed 4 nights in a double room in Hotel Atos. The hotel was clean and the room was quite small and very basic with TV and fridge. There was no a/c, but we had a fan in the room but it wasn't too hot, so we didn't use it. The traffic noise was quite annoying at first, but you got used to it pretty quickly.

The location in Mala Strana was very good, not in the center, but only about 15-20 minutes walk to the old town. I liked it as it was away from the crowds, but you were still able to walk everywhere. There was a tram stop right next to the hotel, but we only used trams once when going to the central railway station.

The breakfast was served at the bottom floor, and it was adequate with bread, cereal, jam, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The breakfast room got quite crowded, but we managed to find free table every morning.

I would recommend Atos for anyone, who wants a basic and cosy hotel near the sights but away from the hectic Wenceslas Square. It's not anything luxurious, but I think it was well worth the 70 €/night which we paid.

• xaver's Profile Photo

hotel

A very simple but confortable hotel not so far from old town square(about 20 walking) and very close to the national theater and the Prague castle.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Almost perfectly pisitioned

The best quality of hotel Atos is its position in Mala Strana, making it perfect base for exploring the city of Prague. I got double room for a single and it was pretty spacious with exception of bathroom which is rather small. The basic problem is that this room do not have air conditions and I can only imagine how is sleeping in a hot summer nights.

Unique Quality: I was checking this hotel on the internet, before departing, and it was official web site. According to the web site, a single room cost 38 euros, which is affordable price for the 3 stars hotel in area of Mala Strana. But the reality was very different, I had to pay my room in advance, before even entering in it and the price was 62 euros, almost double. Can you imagine how big my surprise was?
    The location of this hotel is very good, and I find it as the only valuable quality.
    Oh yes, another quality is that quests of this hotel have 10% discount in the restaurant Meduzzy which is situated in the ground floor of the hotel Atos. Meduzzy is very fine restaurant, indeed.

Directions: Malostranska

More about Atos Hotel Prague

by TripAdvisor Member Red-ally

Just returned from a mini break in Prague & stayed at this hotel. Just like all the other comments, it was excellent. Superbly placed, clean, friendly & very efficient - like everything we found in Prague. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms very clean & beds comfy - which makes a change for hotels.

Fab and cheap to eat

by TripAdvisor Member delyth13

The Hotel Atos, what a find, the hotel was very clean and of a high standard, Breakfast is a bit strange but such a choice there was always something to enjoy. The hotel is well situated to walk in to the main town (via charles bridge) or to take one of the very reliable and regular trams) excellent location the local bars and restaurants were about half the price of food and drink in the main town squares. La Bastille was excellent value for money and open till 1am for late arrivals to the county (as we were) only 65 Crowns for a pasta dish (£1.60ish. The beer was also cheap and good, say hi to Jacob the waiter he is so friendly and helpfull. The hotel has a little bar area and makes a lovely cup of tea. The local supermarket (smaller than a spar) does alcohol but remeber a bottle opener and you'll get alcohol for less than 20p for a flagon (and money back on the bottle). All in all a fab place to visit but be carefull in the main area with bags and valuables. Avoid some of the irish bars in the old town square you'll pay more there for a drink than back in the UK. Drink locally to the hotel and you'll see the real Prague and the local prices.

Great hotel,dreadful transfer!

by TripAdvisor Member happyholidays8

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Atos between April 2nd and 6th. The Hotel itself was very good (although it would have been nice to have the bed made and bathroom cleaned each day) but the transfer from the airport as recommended by another review was terrible. We took the Bus No.119 as recommended, then waited (it seemed in the middle of nowhere) for the connecting tram No.20. As we got on the tram a crowd of six men(who seemed to come from nowhere) partially obstructed our entrance. One of them held out a hand to help my wife up and, in that split second, another(behind)got into my wife's handbag and stole her purse. Then, as the tram doors were closing, all six men made a swift getaway. This was obviously a well-rehearsed operation so I suggest you transfer another way!

Bumped from the Atos!

Like the Trip Advisor member who attempted to stay at the Atos in November 2004, we also failed to get in, despite having booked and paid well in advance. They mentioned plumbing problems. However the hotel had arranged for us to stay at the nearby Hotel Roma (a more expensive hotel) instead, and called a taxi to take us there free of charge.

Cant say enough good things

by TripAdvisor Member mikeinlamesa

I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Atos. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful with directions and booking tours. I'm not sure what the person who was saying that the rooms werent cleaned each day was talking about because I returned every day to a freshly made bed and clean towels. As others have pointed out, the breakfast was a bit strange (for Americans) but it was still good. There is a place called Bohemian Bagel two blocks away that has American style breakfasts if that is what you are looking for. The hotel is ideally situated within walking distance of all tourist attractions. When I return to Prague I would definitely book the Atos. As for transfers, I made arrangements with prague airport shuttle. Despite the fact that mechanical difficulties resulted in my arriving 2 hours late, the driver was waiting when I cleared customs.

Great Hotel, Excellent value and good location

by TripAdvisor Member j1llybean2

Stayed at Hotel Atos for 4 nights. Lovely clean hotel with friendly staff and good facilities. Unfortunately we were on the top floor so only had a skylight and not proper windows but that was the only down side -- at least there was no traffic noise!! Breakfast is plentiful but truly continental. Not my ideal as I'm more into good old bacon and eggs but still managed to fill up on bread, cheese etc. Restaurants nearby are very cheap and have excellent menus. We walked everywhere although we had bought a 5 day public transport pass. The weather was beautiful and there's so much to see, every corner you turn yields something new-- an amazing building, statue or strange sculpture. The place is steeped in history, we got more of a feel for it on foot and think if we'd taken trams we'd have missed so much. Thoroughly recommended but if you're not fit avoid going up the towers -- so many steps!!!! Amazing views but truly knackering!

Ab Fab

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Atos which was fab, the rooms were clean and tidy, and the location is great 30 seconds from the tram stop and 10 mins from the national theatre (well worth a visit ) we went to the opera around 20 pounds. All said we had a great time made easy by the location of the Atos, thanks to all staff who could not have been more helpful. A trip to this is hotel is well worth it ......

Comments