Best Western Hotel Bila Labut

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Hotel Bila Labut

DAY TWO ADVENTURES

by karaboo

(2:50 p.m.) Day Two of my grand adventure and I am having such a wonderful time in this beautiful city. I am making the most of every single minute that I am here. It is very easy to get around. Walking is not a problem since everything is so close by. My feet are a bit sore, but that is to be expected. On Day 1 I wandered around a little bit, kind of in a daze, since I had not gotten much sleep on the planes. I called Alan and left a message. He called me back and we made arrangements to meet out at a bar around 10:45 P.M. I was in the local Czech Wal-Mart "Bila Labut" when he called. That place was a trip. I got a sense of what things were like during the Communist occupation of the country. The store was a throw back in time. I went in there to purchase a towel and washcloth, as it did not seem that the hostel was going to manage to get me one before Monday. However, when I got back to the YMCA, there was a blue no frills ancient towel and the teeniest tiniest little bar of soap. I am glad I purchased the towels and washcloth. I must admit at this very moment I have just had my first sip of Absinthe. It looks and smells like scope, but I understand that it makes you hallucinate, so if they typing gets a bit off, you will all know why. Apparently Van Gogh, the artist drank the stuff, so perhaps it will expand my artistic horizons. By the way I am at the Restaurant U orloje in the Old Town Square with a front row seat at the clock. I mention that in case I lose my mind here on the Absinthe - send help, this was place I was seen. This is where I was joined by 20 Korean tourists during a slight rain storm. I was eating steak and potatoes and they decided to eat off my plate with me. It was quite funny. I took their picture and the offered me some oranges they had smuggled into the restaurant. One of the ladies wrote me a postcard in Korean that I had addressed to myself.

Tram stop "Bila labut"Tram stop "Bila labut"

Hotel Bila Labut

by DavyDoug

Hi

Thanks to the people who answered my last question, it was all very helpful, but can anyone tell me if they've heard of the Hotel Bila Labut? If so, is it any use or how central is it to the nightlife, etc?

cheers

Dave

Re: Hotel Bila Labut

by RADAN

Hi,
Hotel Bila Labut is on the still street, close the downtown, trams and underground. I think, thats a good location. Hotel has 4 stars....
Radan