Crowne Plaza Hotel Prague Castle

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• EvadeIslandia's Profile Photo

Wonderfully quiet and central area

A fabulous room with double bed, sofa and sofa-table, desk and deskchair, two telephones, minibar, TV etc. etc., facilities to make tea and coffee. Two showers, one bath. Very clean.
    Staff wonderful, restaurant very good (French cooking, not very much for big Icelanders)

Unique Quality: Proximity to the castle and town centre. Quiet but central. Good service

Directions: Near Prague Castle

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Prague Castle

Really enjoyed the stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Yaris

I have read all the reviews about Crowne Plaza Prague Castle and I expected nothing less.
I spent 3 nights there between 14-17 of March and all I can say is that I really enjoyed it! It is right beside the old monastery area (if not in it) which is great place for a walk and you can find the best view of Prague (weather permitting). It's a 5 min. walk distance from Prague Castle and Petrin Hill and a good 20 min. walk from Charles Bridge and the Old Town. For those who'd rather take the tram or metro, there are stops near by (22 and 23 tram routes take you down town and the stop is right in front of the hotel).
The only thing that you could say is negative, is the price of breakfast (if it s not included in the room price). It's a good 20€ per person for those who decide to have it and I agree that the variety and quality do not worth it.
I used Room Service a couple of times and I found the food very good. The staff is polite and the premises very well looked after. Do enjoy a drink n the Library lounge, it's very relaxing!
Other than that, Prague is beautiful and is worth visiting it any time.
I recomend the hotel to all of you that want to relax outside the city and enjoy good service!

Peaceful....

by TripAdvisor Member Martyn_Megan

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza in December and had a great stay. Its peaceful and quiet, well away from the crowds of Central Prague but right by the Castle and Petrin. Its probably the cleanest hotel and quietest hotel we have ever stayed in! The rooms are modern and well furnished and the staff polite and friendly.
Its a long walk to the centre of Prague, a good 20 minutes to Charles Bridge and believe me walking up and down the hill certainly keeps you fit, though in the evenings after a beer or two it certainly freshens you up. If you don't fancy the walk take the 22 or 23 tram from outside the hotel to the town centre. Its 20kc one way but have the right money as the only place to get a ticket is the machine by the stop.
Some tips for Prague....Peklo restaurant, next door to the hotel in the cellar of the monastry has lovely food, but watch their service charge which they add without consultation! The days of cheap Prague seem to be sadly slowly disappearing and believe me that the locals will try to part tourists with their money especially in the shops and restaurants, we had overcharges, incorrect change and all sorts. But outside of this Prague is lovely and if you like Italian food you must go to Kogo in town, great food, friendly service. And Crowne Plaza Prague Castle is a great base to explore from but also a great place to relax.

So nice, quiet and gorgeous!

by TripAdvisor Member chestybushcrusher

We stayed in the Prague Castle Crowne Plaza for 3 nights. It is really stunning inside with its vaulted ceilings and lovely colour scheme. The staff were the friendliest and bent over backwards to help us find our way and answer all our questions.

The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated. I felt relaxed each time we arrived back from walking all day long.

I would recommend this hotel specifically to those that do not mind the trek into the Old Town and are looking for a quiet area away from the the noise and congestion.

Excellent Location, Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member uklad79

The hotel is fairly new and you can tell as everything is perfectly new looking. The hotel is a 10min tram ride into the centre of Prague and the tram is very frequent. The hotel is in a lovely old courtyard off a cobbled street in the hills above the city centre. The location is great for walks in the park next door where you can visit the Petrin Hill tower for great views. The hotel has no pool, hot tub, steam room or sauna which would have been nice at the end of a cold winters day. The rooms have one king or 2 singles and are fitted out to high standard with LCD screens, minibar, desk and 2 chairs. The bathrooms are the best I have seen in a Crowne Plaza and have great showers and lovely deep baths.
The only let down is the food we had from room service was overpriced and poor. The onsite restaurant was dead as was the bar most of the time, most likely due to the cost. The libary area was nice to sit in the evening and read a book and the reception has 2 free internet terminals, a 3rd one is next to the lifts and has a printer if you need to print boarding cards.
Overall I would stay here again as the hotel location is perfect and peaceful.

Location and service excellent

by TripAdvisor Member Martin072

Great location. 5 min walk to the Prague Castle and 20 min (beautiful) walk to the Charles Bridge and the old town.
The hotel is peacefully located as it is just next to the Strahov monastery.
The hotel is very new. It shows in the rooms that are tastefully decorated. Wireless internet for free.
We had a suprise because the staff realized that it was my wifes birthday during our stay, so she received a small surprise. Very attentive. Service was remarkable.

Very Expensive breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member jonboywalton

Prague Castle Crown Plaza is based up in the hills by the old castle and monastery area.

A 15-20 min walk will get you into the town and certainly across Charles Bridge, even stopping at Starbucks on the way.

The area around the hotel is littered with inexpensive restaurants and bars, not to mention a few other hotels. Quiet area but safe and away from the tourist traps.

Hotel was new in 2007 and still looks it. Friendly staff and bar open til late.

Rooms very modern and spacious, beds to die for and spotlessly clean bathrooms, yes there are 2. All toiletries provided and v soft loo roll.

Tea and coffee in the room provided as well as an amply stocked minibar.

Breakfast however is not included. I wish we had not bothered as we spent £15.30 each on breakfast. And it was not that good. 200 yards down the hill is an excellent cafe bar that you can get a full meal for £4. A steak is less than £6.00 andfar better quality than in the \uk.

I will however stay here again but avoid the buffet breakfast.

Very, very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member wicketo

Stayed here for three nights with my grandma, who always wanted to see Prague. The old lady is almost 80 so at first I was worried about the location as it looked a little far off on the map. But it turned out to be perfect!
In the morning we would walk downhill (!) to the castle or to the city. Best thing about it is you beat the crowds to the castle. And we were able to take a stroll around the castle the evening we arrived more or less by ourselves.
The tram takes you all the way up to the hotel in no time, so it was easy to return to the hotel for a late siesta before venturing back into the city for some more sightseeing and dinner.
After a long day out and about we would always be happy to return to the soothing calm of 'our' monastary.
We stayed on points so I can't comment on the value. Our room was rather small but had everything we needed.
I had the very friendly staff show me their other rooms and I think it's well worth paying for a deluxe if you want a bit more space or need to work in your room. Plus you might some sort of a 'view'. Siutes in my opinion are not worth the extra money as they are not that much bigger than the deluxe room.
On the last day we had breakfast at the hotel. It was OK but not worth 20 EUR p.p.

Good, a hilly walk away

by TripAdvisor Member srh10

Stayed at this hotel over Easter 08. Was good, a steep walk away from the castle - not quite 'steps away' as read somewhere. A nice four star hotel, expensive bar compared to the rest of Prague but to be expected. Easy for #22 and #23 trams.
Rooms slightly smaller than shown in photos but fine, although we couldn't get our heating to turn down so spent the entire weekend with the (tiny) window open. Also, slightly strangely had two showers in our bathroom!
Staff okay, helpful with hotel taxi, often cheaper than city ones. A tip - if you are to use city ones, only go with AAA - the others will rip you off!

A Quiet Respite

by TripAdvisor Member puchochot

This was my partner's and my second trip to Prague. I was at first apprehensive about the location away from the Old Town, but it turned out to be a wise choice. The Old Town is so busy, crowded and noisy. It was so nice to go back up to the top of the city to stay on a quiet street near the Prague Castle.

We enjoy walking, so it was fun negotiating the twisting stone streets and staircases in the Castle district. It certainly made us feel less guilty about eating so much. For those who would rather ride to Old Town, as others have noted, the Tram is steps from the front gates of the hotel.

We were in the Czech Republic to explore the country's rich history of brewing, so we visited many breweries and tasted many beers. It was such a great surprise to find the former Monastery, in which the hotel is located, includes a brewery restaurant called Strahov Brewery (Pivovar Strahovsky). The food was excellent and the courtyard setting with views of the monastery's church and buildings were truly magical.

We did not eat breakfast in the hotel, but we did enjoy a beautiful dinner one night. Yes, it was pricey, but to be expected. The service and the presentation, taste, and texture of our meals were exquisite. It was truly one of the best meals we've ever had, anywhere. From the style of the cuisine, I suspected the chef was French- or American-trained, but our server told us he was Czech and trained in the Czech Republic. The hotel's chef certainly bodes well for the culinary arts in the country.

There is a small, tranquil Ayuverdic Spa run by some Sri Lankans. The massage treatments are not inexpensive, but it was a great reward to our legs from all the walking. It was very quiet during our stay, so it was easy to just walk in and make an immediate appointment. Just don't get put off by the personal questions they ask during the preliminary health assessment.

One tip: Contact the hotel to arrange for car service from and to the Airport. They are really cheaper than the taxis and if available, they take you in a luxury sedan.

We love this hotel and plan to bring a whole group next year for more beer tasting.

Comments