Lipova 1444/20, 120 00 Praha 2 - Nove Mesto, Prague, Czech Republic

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

CHEAP! Boutique hotel, good location

I have mixed feelings about the Dahlia Inn. My experience there was mostly positive with just a couple of weird things. I found the hotel online and was really pleased with myself for finding it. Nice looking rooms in a boutique style place for only 59 EUR a night in Prague seemed almost too good to be true. The Inn is located on a pretty non-descript street and shares a building with something else. There's a sign outside so you know which door to go through. There was construction in the main entranceway of the building, but nothing that got in our way. There is an elevator, but it wasn't in service yet. It is up two quite long flights of stairs. Going up and down with luggage was a bit of a struggle, and it was a bit tiring after coming back from a long day of walking or a night out. The Inn itself is very visually appealing. The lobby/breakfast area is nice, with a couple of tables and chairs, books on the bookshelf and a big reception desk with free maps and brochures. Mark, the owner, was there to greet us and gave us a lot of information about the area, places to go, some suggestions for restaurants, etc. He gave us his card with his cell number on it if we ever needed anything. He was only there at breakfast and when someone was checking in or out. I was very pleased with the size of the room and the bathroom. Both were much bigger than I expected. The room was clean and open, minimally decorated. There is no air conditioner, so ask for a fan. Breakfast is 4 EUR a day, and I honestly think it's not worth it. You get a criossant, a bun and half of a pastry on a plate, and there is cold cereal and yogurt. It's not very fulfilling, especially if you're planning a day with lots of walking and exploring. The worst part about it is, since there is not someone there all the time, that breakfast isn't until 9am, which I think is quite late for people who may want to get an early start on their day and get out into the city. I'd rather just go find a restaurant, spend a little more money and get more food. There is free WiFi in the rooms, which is nice, and there is also a computer in the lobby you can use. Dahlia Inn is about a 5 minute walk from the I. P. Pavlova metro station, and there is also a tram station across the street. One thing that threw me was that one day, Mark just wasn't there and there was a young lady named Olga instead. Apparently Mark had left for New York for a week. We had no problems with Olga at all, I just thought it was a little odd that he didn't mention at all that he was leaving to me and my husband or to the couple we were travelling with, who were talking to him a lot. While he was gone we managed to lock ourselves out of our room. We weren't able to call him, of course, and didn't have a number for Olga, but we figured it out eventually. It would have been nice to have a person to contact in a situation like that, though.

Overall we had a very good experience at the Dahlia Inn, as did the couple we were travelling with. Even though there were a couple of things I didn't like (the breakfast, Mark leaving, etc.), I would still stay here again. It is phenomenally cheap and very nice for the price. There are 8 rooms. We stayed for 5 nights in September 2009.

Directions: http://www.dahliainn.com/gb/menu/2/locality/