Design Hotel Sax Prague

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Design Hotel Sax Prague

Amazing Sax!

by TripAdvisor Member LondonCatpaul

This hotel has a very uniquely great design that you have to see for yourself! I love the very comfy swinging chair in the lounge.! Very cozy ambiance, very friendly and helpful staff as well. Location is perfect, right in the center of Prague yet in a quiet vicinity. Just being in your room is a holiday treat already. Breakfast is personalized service, they will cook for you whatever you fancy! And the best thing is the price is good. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

we loved the Sax

by TripAdvisor Member love2goIdaho

I was a bit worried after reading some of the previous posts about the Hotel Sax. Luckily, our stay was fabulous. There were absolutely no concerns about cleanliness, smell of smoke, the breakfast - the hotel was spotless, NO SMOKEy smell, and the food was scrumptious. The staff was very helpful.
We loved the funky vibe. The location is perfect - very quiet and walkable to the sights and tram. (NOTE: you can purchase tram tickets at the front desk which was very convenient).
ALso, afternoon teatime was lovely and a perfect way to unwind after the day.

Our suite was large and inviting. We will definitely return!

The Sax is a wonderland of retro with top service. Sexy place.

by TripAdvisor Member Lastyletraveler

Driving up quaint streets painted with character, listening to the cobblestones humm underneath the car, you arrive at the Design Hotel Sax in a pretty amazing area of Prague.

As soon as you walk through the door, you know why you came. Sax gives you exactly what their pictures show-- the most incredible mix of retro furniture, art and style that you've ever seen, let alone been able to stay in.

The rooms are clean, very clean, well apportioned, chock full of retro furniture, art, colors, murals, fixtures and this unique combination puts not only a huge smile on your face, but takes you somewhere else like a dream in technicolor.

If I sound dramatic it is because the truth is powerful. The Sax is a sexy hotel all the way around. The service was outstanding, not just good. The breakfast offered was excellent. The bathroom fixtures will turn you on! Trust me, this is a hotel for making babies or shooting romantic, cool pictures or just hanging out and getting top quality service. If you have kids, they will think they're staying in a mini Dinsneyland. Eye candy everywhere in this hotel.

The views of the city from the upper rooms put you right into a movie. Prague is already the most beautiful city in world. The hotel Sax rounds out any stay to make it memorable and sexy. I cannot stress enough my satisfaction with the ensemble this place has put together.

I am a photagrapher and I was in an artistic heaven! Just wait until you see the bathrooms! The Hotel Sax gave my wife and I the best experience we have had in the most beautiful city on Earth and we had just come from a 4 star hotel on the Adriatic sea. The Sax in Prague blew away every other place we stayed.

Jazz at Agartha

by labadim about Agartha Jazz Centrum

We sat there two nights in a row, listening to a jazz quartet (leading sax) one night, and to a guitarist with a band and a singer singing songs from Brazil the other night. We enjoyed it thoroughly.
There's a bar inside, and a waitress, but I suggest you take your own drinks from the bar or else you will dry out waiting for that waitress to come over to your table. Informal

Truly friendly welcome

by TripAdvisor Member Amy074

Design Hotel Sax is definitely worth the price you pay and the welcome you receive is warm and friendly. The extras offered by the Hotel, buffet breakfast and afternoon tea, included in the room price are good value and served with a smile, a chat and professionalism. The standard of the hotel is all that the website says especially the design aspect and comfort is a criteria they obviously cherish and it means you feel at home immediately. The staff are really helpful, the hotel management obviously has good relations with other hotels and cafés in the vicinity so you can share some other services 'just around the corner' without having to go too far after a day of sightseeing. The hotel really is a short walk from the centre of the city but you have all the calm you need to get a good rest. I highly recommend it, especially for a first time stay in Prague.

Best hotel of our European trip!

by TripAdvisor Member Adelaide1950

I spent four days with my daughter at the Design Hotel Sax in Prague during September and I would have to say everything about it is great.

It is in a very quiet part of the city and a leisurely 20 minute walk from most of Prague's many attractions. The hotel itself is furnished to a very high standard in fabulous 60s retro style which brought back memories for me as a teenager of the 60's and which my daughter who is in her 20's loved. There is even Beatles music playing in the dining room at breakfast!

The hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms very comfortable with free fast cabled internet, and every staff member we came across was professional and friendly.

But the best part were the breakfasts with an amazing choice of delicious hot and cold food and drinks. And to top it all of there are complementary tea/coffee/drinks and scrumptious cakes in the late afternoon! Needless to say we always made it back to the hotel by 5pm.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay in this hotel and I would definitely choose to stay there again.

Rare

by TripAdvisor Member MovingFastMan

Undoubtedly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Perfect location (central and yet quiet), very nice staff, excellent breakfast...Not to mention the furniture, wallpapers, etc. — just terrific. For those who fancy vintage stuff, this place will become a Mecca. Bravo!

Retro fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member WalesTraveller

From the moment you enter this hotel you know that you will experience something different. It is like stepping back into the 1960s but with a 21st century twist. The decor throughout is immaculate and everywhere you look there is something of interest. Our room was very spacious with big comfy bed and nice little touches- good toiletries, slippers, dressing gown etc as well as a well equipped bathroom. Although our room was not overlooking the atrium, we had excellent views of the city/ castle and as we were one of only two rooms on the 4th floor, we did not have any noise from any guests.

We arrived mid-afternoon just in time for the complimentary afternoon tea which included hot or cold drinks/ wine or beer/ cake and snacks. This was a welcome feature of the hotel, not just on our first day but on subsequent ones after a long day of sightseeing. The breakfast was also excellent with a large buffet and made to order hot food such as eggs, bacon, french toast.

The staff were very helpful and courteous at all times. They gave us directions to restaurants we wanted to go to as well as arranging for our private transport back to the airport.

The hotel is located in the Lesser Town, close to the Embassies and not too far from the castle. While there may be more to do on the other side of the river, this hotel is still within a lovely part of Prague and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have no problem returning to this hotel if visiting Prague again.

A very friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member madwelshwoman

If you like “retro modern” design, then you will like this hotel. It had a full refurbishment in April 2008 with no expense spared. The hotel is spotlessly clean with really comfortable beds. All the staff are friendly and helpful, always smiling. The complimentary tea and cake between 4 and 6 o’clock was a nice touch. On the day we were leaving, taxi due to pick us up at 2.30, we got back to the hotel at 2 o’clock after a last stroll around town and we were given tea and cake free of charge whilst we waited. Now how many hotels would do that? Not many.

loved everything

by TripAdvisor Member prometheus1

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for 5 days in September.
what can we say? From the friendliness of all the staff to the cleanliness of the entire hotel, to the wonderful and so rich breakfast (which after eating we didn't have to eat for the whole day again-lol).
the design of the whole place is simply fantastic.
The room we stayed in (double) had a beautiful LCD TV with a Dvd player and a wide selection of titles to watch. Of course satellite tv
was also present. Wifi as well.
What we enjoyed most at this hotel was the willingness of all the staff help out with anything we needed.
We recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Prague and can say for sure everyone will leave happy.

saxsax

ParksParks

Golden PragueGolden Prague

Avery - Alana - AbbyAvery - Alana - Abby

Currency

by jburks1

I know you can spend whatever amount one chooses, but I was curious as to how much money (U.S. $) I should have converted? We will be in Czech Republic(3 days), Budapest(2 days), and Vienna(2 days). That's three different currencies. I'll have my credit cards, etc. I'm just thinking how much local currency to bring, and no, we aren't big spenders or shoppers. Just your average folks. Thanks again, Johnny

by abckidz

Hey there - it's hard to say exactly how much you should change, but I think 25-50 U.S. dollars per person per day would be a safe bet; that way you can always re-change everything when you cross borders, or when you get back to the states.

You'll obviously risk losing a few dollars converting money often, but I remember a couple years ago when I visited Prague that the ATM's only give extremely high denominations of bills, and it can be difficult to make change , even while eating out.

That being said, whatever you decide to do make sure you have plenty of smaller bills to avoid possible payment complications.

Good luck and enjoy!

Ben

by Laura_Mexico

I support what ABD said re: the big bills..... it is true that it is hard to get rid of them, except perhaps when paying for your museum entrances... As for how much you should change, I agree that it's hard to tell and it all depends on the kind of activities you will be doing, but ABC's guess sounds good to me. I got something like 100 USD from the ATM for 3 days and even paid my lodging out of that $$, but I was on a very tight budget the rest of the time and paid the major expenses (or purchases at big stores) with my credit card. Some shops will accept EUROS (and even USD) so that's a nice thing to know when you're tight on local currency, just make sure they don't rip you off (the exchange rate is usually fair). Keep your local currency cash for meals at small places or ice cream/candy, public transport, small personal items you may need to buy at little shops/supermarkets, a boat tour in the river or a concert at a church... the rest you can pay with your credit card so you don't have many kuronas left at the end of your trip. I ended up with the amazing amount of 3.5 kuronas or something like that at the end of my stay in Prague LOL.... starving and everything, but I didn't need to change any money back to USD/EUR/MX pesos.

by swetluska

For Czech Rep - if letting aside the accomodation, I guess 500 CZK per day per person is enough (meal included).

Comments