Naplavni 6, Prague, Bohemia, 12000, Czech Republic
staff could improve attitude
For a low end four star the cost was reasonable with nice rooms and adequate breakfast. However, when we complained that the air conditioning did not cool the room sufficiently we found the reception and management to be very unhelpful and rude. The minimum temperature at night was 23.5 degrees and we were informed that this was normal for hotels in Prague and that we were the problem. The location is fine, being about 15 minute walk to the centre and near the river.
Unique Quality: Beautiful building but could make more of it.
Directions: near river
More about Eurostars David
Great Hotel, Beautiful City
Having stayed 3 nights in the Eurostars David we wished we could have stayed longer. It is clean, modern and stylish hotel and a great base for exploring prague. It is a 30 second walk form the nearest tram stop which takes to straight to the charles bridge and as close to the old town as possible. The hotel is exactly as it looks on their website. We booked on booking.com with great results as usual, Competitive prices and reilable service. the staff are friendly (in comparison to the country you are in!), the rooms are very well equpped, well serviced, clean and spacious even with a Super king bed. Ask for a good view and you might get a view of the river as we did. Hotel has own Sauna and Fitness Suite. the sauna when booked for a certain time is exclusively yours and a great way to relax after a cold day walking the streets of Prague in winter! Would defiinitely recommend this hotel to friends.
Chic & Moderately-Priced
A small stylish hotel. Good value if you are not looking to spend a lot of time in the hotel as facilities are limited.
- Quiet location with tram stop nearby (though tram stop was not in use during our time there due to trafffic diversion). May be a bit of a trek to main tourist sites if you aren't very fit.
- Small shop opposite which is convenient for buying tram tickets and drinks. Minimart around the corner.
- Breakfast buffet not bad with a larger selection of cold than hot food. The breakfast area is quite small and can get crowded so its advisable to get there a bit earlier.
- Hotel has no restaurant but recommended a pub nearby Potrefene Husa (The Wounded Goose) which serves good traditional Czech food.
- Chic modern decor, my main quibble is that the room is too dark, with no lighting in wardrobe area and no overhead lights.
- Small bathroom with no bath, but more than made up for with luxurious shower tower (4 jets).
- Flat screen TV but only 1 English channel.
- Our room faces the building across the road which was undergoing refurbishment.
- No restaurant, but there are pubs and restaurants nearby (see above)
- No pool, but there is a sauna which you can reserve with reception and have to yourself.
- There is a computer in the lobby where you can check email and surf web for free but it's quite popular so go offpeak.
- The taxi booked by the hotel to the airport was expensive though we did manage to bargain the price down with the driver.
- Generally friendly, though they failed to inform us that the nearby tram stop was not in use. Also did not mention that the taxi they booked for us to the airport is more expensive than average and refused to bargain it down for us (though this is understandable).
Great Hotel and Great Location
We stayed in this hotel for 4 days in december. It is located in the old town and is just two blocks from the river and only about 4 blocks to the infamous charles bridge. It is on a quite non-descript street making it hard to find the first time. But we could easily walk to new town, old town square, the castle etc.
The service was great. The rooms were spotless, modern, and comfortable. The batherooms were spectatular with a huge shower. you had access to the internet and the front desk gave great directions and maps. THey also arranged airport travel for our departure for little cost.
Breakfast was included and it was great. We were able to fill up and walk the town and not really eat until dinner. THe breakfast was huge and with much to choose from... cold, warm, cereal, eggs, bread, yogurt, fruit etc. The staff were great there too. Definitley would say here again.
Stayed at the euro stars David for two nights. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel which offered luxury at a budget price of less than 70 Euros per room, per night. The hotel was spotlessly clean and not too far removed from the main attractions of Prague, most within a 15 minute walk. The staff were polite and efficient. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable........the bed was a bohemoth, it was huge. The price of the room included breakfast, which was great. It consisted of a plentiful mix of cooked and continental...mainly catering for Spanish tastes, but excellent all the same. The only two downsides to this hotel I felt were the grossly overpriced room service tariff and the lack of choice on the T.V. The only only channel in English was CBS Business news, although they did have lots of French, Spanish, German and Czech chioces. All in all a good hotel.
Nice hotel, very clean. Breakfast good choice. Location about 15 mins walk from main tourist area. Not the cheapest hotel, but worth the little bit extra
View all Prague hotels
View all Prague hotels
Latest Prague hotel reviews
- Mercure Centre
- 433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2014
- The Castle Steps
- 200 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Hotel Brno
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2014
- Pension Unitas & Art Prison Hostel Prague
- 601 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2014
- Panorama Hotel Prague
- 458 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2014
- Tulip Inn Prague Terminus
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2014
- Euro Hotel Praha
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 4, 2014
- Comfort Hotel Prague
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2014
- Arcotel Teatrino
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 17, 2014
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Prague Castle
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2014
- Hotel Salvator
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2014
- Hilton Hotel Prague Old Town
- 960 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2014
- Grand Hotel Evropa
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Hotel U Klenotnika
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2014
- Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
- 464 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2014
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Eurostars David Prague
- Eurostars David Hotel Prague
Address: Naplavni 6, Prague, Bohemia, 12000, Czech Republic