Friday Hotel Prague

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Prague

Karel Capek, czech writerKarel Capek, czech writer

City view from the hillsCity view from the hills

Wenceslas Square (2008)Wenceslas Square (2008)

Taken from Charles BridgeTaken from Charles Bridge

Munich- Cesky Krumlov-Prague back to Munich attn. VT member GyuriFT

by janiebird

I have received valuable knowledge of trains from VT GyuriFT's replies. Thank you so much. I now know the best way Munich or Salzburg to Prague, but would love to visit Cesky Krumlov on way to or from Prague. Is this possible on the same ticket? Is there a time limit on the Plzen or Schwandorf direction tickets? Can I get off for Cesky Krimlov on way to or frm Prague and continue to original destination? I would appeciate any information on how to include Cesky Krumlov ( with possible over night stay)on train trip Munich to Prague returning to Munich. These Forum pages are the best!!! Thank you.

by unaS

Why don't you write him directly on VT mail? He many never see this post...

by leics

Gyuri is indeed the fount of all train knowldge for eastern Europe in particular. :-)

Emailing him is a good idea. Use VTmail, addressed to GyuriFT@VTmail.com

by janiebird

Thank you both very much. I didn't realize I could e-mail.

by leics

Thought not..that's why I provided the link. Click on the blue 'email' at the top of the page, and on 'notices' to see your forum replies/emails etc.

VT is a good site: enjoy! :-)

Or alternatively:
Write in his user name at the top of the page into the Search engine.
Change 'Destinations' to 'Members'.
It will take you to a page with his and other similar names.
Click on his name, it will take you to his home page.
On his home page click on 'email me' under his photo.

by unaS

Oh yes. Whenever you log on, you should click on 'notices' on the top right hand side of the page, if it doesn't open automatically.

by GyuriFT

Luckily i found this post, but it looks like Cesky Krumlov is not on the Praha-Munich-Salzburg line. It's on Praha-Ceske Budejovice line.

The cheapest Salzbug-Munich-Praha does involve Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket which is valid till Plzen, than buy the Plzen-Praha from the conductor (extra 30 Crowns). Don't forget to ask for group rates or "sleva pro skupiny" if you are not alone.

That ticket won'tbe valid till Cesky Krumlov, of course. You have to buy in Praha a ticket to perhaps Ceske Budejovice, than go from there by local bus or train or whatever is best from timing point of view. A direct ticket to Cesky Krumlov from Praha is a mighty 186 Crown (ca. 7 Euro).

Leaving Czech Republic would make probably much sense in the direction of eather Summerau(GR) /58 Crown/ or Gmünd(GR) /52 Crown/ in Austria. Make sure, you buy DOMESTIC, not international ticket till Summerau(GR) or Gmünd(GR) and do not forget the small (GR) from the end - it can make a huge difference in price.

Buy "einfach raus" Austrian offer from Summerau or Gmünd at the station - or even better - in advance at Salzburg station. For two it's 28 Euro and covers all regional and inter-regional trains in Austria for one day for up to 5 people traveling together.

by janiebird

I am so happy you responded. I really did not want to bother you by direct e-mail. What do you think of this situation. If I take an express bus ( leaving Prague at 9:00am...3 hours ) from Prague to Cesky Krumlov. I stay overnight in CK. Is there a bus directly to Salzburg? Do I have to go back to Cesky Budejovice for a train connection? You have been so helpful in my connection plans from Prague to Krakow. We just would love to see CK on our way to Salzburg. We originally were going back to Munich, but Salzburg would be better. Thank you so much for your your knowledge of the train lines and all your help.

Travel Tips for Prague

the Knights of Malta gate

by Flamegirl

I wandered off into Kampa (the island/area south of Charles Bridge on the west bank) as I'd heard it was picturesque.

I loved this gate the moment I saw it, I think because of the details of the design. This is another one best seen up close! The top section is a crenellated castle, the middle section has two knights on horseback, whilst at the bottom there are two ships in the sea. Simple but striking.

Radegast

by Gili_S

I think some will be shocked to see this image on my page, no, not because it is beer, I have plenty of those, but because this is a none alcoholic beer of the famous grand: Radegast.
Now, why I has this one here, it is very simple, it was sunny, it was warm, I was planning a long day walking around the city and I thought I better have none alcoholic beer now otherwise I will just stay all day in the pub instead of sightseeing ;-)

Bring good shoes!

by Pieter11

If you are planning a visit to Prague, make sure you have really comfortable shoes. I have never seen a city in Europe where there are more cobble stones then in the one. Especially the Old City Square and the Prague Castle can be hell if you decide to wear high heels (I think :P)

Picturesque town

by BorneoGrrl

After visiting Karlstein Castle, you will be led down to your transport via the street along the lovely town. There are numerous shops selling souvenirs, crystals and other local handicraft. The walk itself is a great experience because the scenery is beautiful and people are friendly.

Market

by SwedeSarah

This is a really cool market that we went to twice! It is largely run by Vietnamese people, many of them live in this area. And things you'd finnd in their country, you can find here. Such as good copies of brandclothes and spicy noodles. It really felt like we were in some market in Asia instead of Prague! They had perfumes such as Huno Boxx and Jommy Girl! They look totally like the original ones, except for the spelling! Maybe the smell won't last so long. I wish I bought one for fun, it'd make an original souvenir. ;-) Buffalo shoes were the best copies cause the label wasn't changed and it was sooo much cheaper than at home. Many girls bought a pair. There are all sorts of things here and really cheap.
Address: Bokave Market, Praha 4