Grand Hotel Evropa

Vaclavske namesti, 25, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

Satisfaction Terrible

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the grand hotel evropa is located in a beautiful 1905 art noveau building near wenceslaus square. the hotel is home to to the cafe evropa and the titanic restaurtant. the hotel has a beautiful lobby. the only problem with the hotel are the rooms. the rooms are small and furnished with old 1970's furnature. also many of the rooms do not have a private baths. the hotel evropa is a great value if you are not concerned with luxury accomodations.

Directions: central prague, new town.

• Shabby around the edges

Described by one of our travel guides, as "a bit shabby around the edges", is, I beleive, somewhat misleading. The edges (lobby, dining room, exterior) are historical and very lovely. The rooms, however are shabby to the core! By far the worst hotel I have ever paid for. Not trying to be the "ugly american", but we were extremely dissatisfied to pay American prices, roughly $150 per night, for rooms that would have been condemned years ago in the states, or at the very least rented for $50 or less! Some of the price may have to do with the central location, and the service at least was fair. Next time we will stay farther out, as the Prague subway is very reasonable and easy to use. A beautiful city, but I recommend seeing Hotel Europa from the outside only!!

Directions: Wenceslas square

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

good old days

This was the best hotel on the good old days and specially the lobby was always very crowded. Old but stylish hotel .I suggest to everyone to spand at least one night in this hotel specially to feel the history of Praha.

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Old charme

I haven't stayed here but it still is one of my favourite buildings in Prague. These days it seems that nothing much is done for the hotel, and so it's affordable... I think it still a has a great charme inside even if the rooms aren't up to date really. well I haven't had a look inside really...would like to stay here for a night though...

More about Grand Hotel Evropa

HOTEL EUROPA PRAGUEHOTEL EUROPA PRAGUE

hotel evropahotel evropa

Hotel Evropa at Wenceslas SquareHotel Evropa at Wenceslas Square

Cannot remember the name of the Hotel On Wenceslas sq

by ptitterington

Hello,

I have booked out annual trip, this will be Prague again, previously we stayed in the K&K Fenix which was expensive but good, last year in The Prague House Hotel, which turned out to be an apartment whick was ok but we wanted breakfast.

On our way back to the apt. after a night out, we wanted breakfast and a hotel on the RHS of the square as you look down was just starting to serve breakfast, about 6.30. The hotel was quite Old world the buffet breakfast was fantastic. I meant to remember its name but forgot to.
Any Ideas.

Also we have been told that there is another Go-Cart track. We went to Cart Centrum which was fine but I think the other one is a bit newer?

Thanks Folks

Re: Cannot remember the name of the Hotel On Wenceslas sq

by Zuzka

Was it hotel Evropa?

Re: Re: Cannot remember the name of the Hotel On Wenceslas sq

by ptitterington

Thanks for the reply, I am awaiting a rates enquiry.
I think this is the place

Comments