Gris

Petrska 7, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

More about Prague

Wenceslas SquareWenceslas Square

St NicholasSt Nicholas

One of the thousands views...One of the thousands views...

Gabled Buildings, Old Town SquareGabled Buildings, Old Town Square

Miss Sophie's hostel?

by gealsie

Thinking of staying in the above hostel. Does anyone have any feedback about it? Is it in a good area?

Re: Miss Sophie's hostel?

by Manara

I can reply only about the location. It is a good area, very central but not exactly in the middle of the visitors' crowd. My husband and I walked through that area several times at night when we were staying at a hotel not far from this hostel and we never saw any unpleasant people around.

Re: Miss Sophie's hostel?

by r13

Yes, location is quite good - excellent public transportation possibilities day and night. Somewhat higher air polution due to closeness to main south-north 4 lanes streets.

Travel Tips for Prague

Crazy airport shuttle driver!

by europebn

We caught the CEDAZ airport shuttle, and this driver was nuts! Fine, he got us to our hostel quickly and in one piece, but we both were pretty scared while he was speeding past vehicles in both lanes, cutting some of them off, and almost hitting a sign when he parked at our hostel.

Prague Tip

by cynthi

Matt, Brit, and I just wandered around the city for hours, without a clue as to where we were going. We saw lots of cool stuff... a market on the way where you could buy anything from tires to old Russian war medals. We took the subway to the main station and after roaming the beautiful streets and seeing an iron-worker in action, we jumped on the S-bahn and cruised around.

Honestly I don't know anything...

by l_joo

Honestly I don't know anything about Czech, all I can see and understand is only from my eyes, looking at this beautiful girl walking out from this shop while I was on the tram rounding the city, my eyes was caught immediately, camera on my hand, so I take down this photo but unfortunately it's so blur but believe me she's so beautiful. I think this is my Prague culture for you.

Zizka statue on Vitkov Hill

by Eugenetheduck

Situated in Zizkov is Vitkov Hill - it is infamous for bloody battles and it's namesake Zizka. The statue at the top of the hill commemorates Zizka's victory here in 1420 against the crusaders. It is the largest equestrian statue in the world. You can walk to it from Jiriho z Prodebrad metro station. Walk towards the baby tower down hill until Vitkov hill, the statue is at the top of the hill. Once at the top of Vitkov the views are fantastic and the statue measuring 9 metres is impressive. A small version of this statue can be found in the Hussite Museum in Tabor.

Stefanik Observatory

by DavyJB

After going to Strahov Stadium we walked to the Petrin Tower and we walked past the observatory, it was a great diversion to our day we were treated to a small tour and were able to ask questions as the staff there also speak English which was a bonus as my knowledge of the Czech language wouldn't extend to the level of conversation we were having. The entrance price is 40czk and opening times are advertised on the observatory's website but it is closed every Monday.

Comments