Havelska Apartment Prague

Praha 1 - Havelska 29, Prague, Bohemia, 140 00, Czech Republic

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Prague

And the food just kept on coming... (U Pavouka)And the food just kept on coming... (U Pavouka)

Beautiful window.Beautiful window.

Street scenesStreet scenes

Charles BridgeCharles Bridge

Romantic Weekend

Hi all,

I am wondering what hotel to stay in for a romantic visit - not too modern. Been searching what seems like hundreds! We will be visiting Prague late January for 4 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Any recommendations for a hotel perfect for such an occassion? I really don't want to be dissapointed when I get to the hotel only to find that its not as good as described. (Which many site reviews seem to be reporting) Though I think perfection (in any city) might be too much to ask?

Have an idea of what sites to visit and we are booked into Swan Lake ballet one evening and a river cruise another evening. Just need the right hotel now.

Thanks in advance :)

Lynn

by lynn83

Oh and I forgot to ask...

Any suggestions for romantic restaurant for one of our nights?

Bellevue looks lovely

by ViajesdelMundo

maybe where we stayed would suit, The King Charles Boutique Hotel; see my page:

by leics

www.booking.com is a good site to look at.

I stayed at the Best Western Hotel Art.......but without knowing your budget it is difficult to suggest specifichotels.

I do advise you to stay as centrally as possible (central Buda is perhaps more romantic than central Pest, although the latter has a wider choice of restaurants etc).

You will almost certainly want to visit one of Budapest's thermal baths. I went to Szchenyi, which was very pleasant indeed.....sitting in the warm waters of its outdoor pool whilst snow lies on the ground could be a very romantic experience (it has indoor pools too!). Gellert has beautiful architecture. You will have to check which baths allow mixed bathing and when (mixed bathing is the norm at Szchenyi). This site gives you all the info, opening times etc (click on 'all-year baths'):

You will also want to visit Buda castle, at least from the outside, St Matthias church and the Fisherman's Bastion.

Enjoy exploring the Art Deco and other architecture of central Pest, and visit St Stephen's Basilica. Visit the old Jewish area of Pest, and go into the Great Synagogue.

I believe there may be an outdoor ice-rink open in city park, where Szchenyi baths are (I last visited in August so no ice to be seen!). That might be a fun activity, if you can skate.

by leics

Sorry I misread your question about places to see.......but perhaps others will find my suggestions useful! :-)

Thanks guys

by JessH

We just returned from Prague last week and loved it!

Be warned! Walking around the city gives you a sore back because you tend to look-up at the beautiful buildings so much, haha!
So maybe booking a nice massage would also be a nice addition to your romantic vacation.

I would definitely also recommend a classical concert at Obecni Dum (Municipal House next to the Powder Tower). We saw a 70min chamber orchestra and it was beautiful. They basically have concerts on almost every day. Just pop into the lobby and ask for a program. Cheapest tickets start at around CZK 700.- a person (but we sat on the balcony at this price and view was good).

Also, enjoy a coffee and a slice of cake at the Kavarna Obecni Dum next door - undoubtedly one of Prague's most beautiful Art Nouveau cafes... we loved it.

Travel Tips for Prague

Money exchange & ATM machines information

by mholzgrefe

1. If you do not have a checking account...open one at your local bank.
2. Get an ATM card with a VISA logo & 4 digit pin number to use for withdrawals from your local bank checking account when travelling to any foreign country.
3. Tell your bank when and where you will be travelling so they do not put a stop on your account because of out of country ATM withdrawals.
4. Take your ATM card with you to any country and use this to withdraw money from ATM machines in the local currency of that country.
5. Be sure you have a VISA logo on the ATM card AND a four digit pin number.
6. There are ATM machines at the airports...Prague has 2 on the far right wall as you arrive at the exit doors.
7. The ATM card is also known as a debit card...because it creates an automatic & immediate debit from your checking account balance.
8. There are ATM machines all over Prague. These are also known as Bancomats.
9. In a best case scenario you should have 2 ATM cards in case one has a problem you can use the other.
10. ATM cards are accepted the same as Credit cards for purchases in Prague.
11. Do NOT use credit cards to withdraw money from an ATM machine because you will be charged interest for a cash transaction on your credit card bill & it begins immediately with the use of the credit card in the ATM machine. Only use ATM cards in ATM machines.
Martha Prague is magical. Everything we do each time we stay is something we want to do again the next time we go.

Just a Minute -Check out THIS House

by Ekaterinburg

Knowing that I was just passing through Prague, I made a conscious decision to just walk and get an overview of the city rather than spend the time available visiting any specific monument or attraction. There were two small exceptions to this though, one being the John Lennon Wall, described in the previous tip and the other, right in the Old Town Square, U Minuty or the Minute House. This is one of the houses Franz Kafka lived in and if and when I return to Prague, following the whole Kafka trail would be very high up on my list of priorities.

The Minute House is just amazingly beautiful and stands out even in this city so crammed with gorgeous buildings. I've rarely seen such a perfetly frescoed house and if you want to sit and rest a while there is of course a restaurant on the pavement outside. This still hadn't opened for the day when I arrived but reading the menu, I felt it offered quite good value for money.
The Minute House is just off the Square, near the Astronomical Clock.

Old Cars

by sue_stone

My husband Alex is a bit of a car enthusiast, so whenever we go to a new country he is always keen to see what type of cars the locals are driving.

Some of the cars we saw in Prague amused him no end, the old Skoda's for example were everywhere and it was hard to believe that some of them were legally road worthy.

We came across this particular rusty specimen and couldn't resist snapping a pic!

Hhmmm…wonder how I'd look driving one of those!!

Packing List

by tabatha

For a week-end will be enough a medium size bag. Good shoes, you´ll walk a lot. Make sure you can also make pictures by night, a lot of places are illuminated in the night and it looks so incredible.

U Rotta

by Jarin

'U Rotta' is a former ironmongery, now a coffee house, with splendid sgraffito from 19th century painted by Mikulas Ales. Just few minutes walk from Old Town Square / Astronomical Clock (Staromestske namesti).

Comments