Pobrezni 1, Prague, Bohemia, 186 00, Czech Republic

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• bowlcoach's Profile Photo

A great European Hilton

We spent 3 wonderful days at the Prague Hilton prior to boarding our riverboat for a cruise on the Elbe River. The hotel is very nice with the amenities and facilities of a 4 star hotel. Breakfast facilities and the lounge area are also very nice. They provide free WiFi in the lobby area.
    Our stay was unique in that our luggage never arrived due to an airline baggage handler strike, so we were without clothes and necessities during our stay. The desk staff didn't seem to care, but the concierge did show concern and tried to find our luggage. (We finally got our bags the day after we left the Prague Hilton).

Unique Quality: Located in Prague which hosts many river cruise companies. They are able to accommodate river cruise guests before and after their respective cruises.

Directions: Within walking distance of Old Town.

• Jimbo222's Profile Photo

Nice!

Stayed for a weekend. Lobby is nice but hotel is a bit packed with people. Was here I believe around September. Like the varied choices for breakfast, but then I would say since there are a lot of people staying, its a bit noisy.

Unique Quality: 1 or 2 blocks away from the train.

• kris-t's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel in the Czech Republic

The traditional 28m² room is nice and has wireless internet access (fee applies).

It is bright and airy and has large windows and a desk to work in comfort.

Unique Quality: Wireless internet available
    Wired internet in room
    Smoking rooms available
    3 Restaurants
    2 Bars
    Indoor Pool
    Business Centre

Directions: located close to the city centre; 20 minutes from Prague Ruzyne International Airport

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Gordon Ramsey's breakfast.

Great stay, courteous staff, room was nice and comfy with all the amenities including mini bar, which was well stocked up but you had to pay extra for.

I would recommend staying at this hotel, very clean and newly refurbished, with nice decor.
    Great breakfasts and ten minuetes walk to old town square.

We had a late check out which was a bonus.

Unique Quality: The resturant is the renowned Gordon Ramsey's Maze.
    We were on a Bed and Breakfast rate, so started our day there, great breakfasts.

All cereals, cheese's, deli meats, smoked salmon, selection of fresh fruits prepared beautifully.

Hot buffet: scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms, bacon and sausages.

Selection of breads and cobs and coisantes all freshly made.Jams, marmalades and honey.

Didn't try the evening meals as they were a little exspensive, about £60 a head for a seven course meal.

Quite near to the astronomical clock ten minuetes walk to the old town square.

Directions: From airport:

26czk pass.Take the bus 119 outside the airport arrivals to Dejvicka, then get underground green line to mustek, yellow line to Nam Republicy. hotel is at the back of you down V Celnici.on the left hand side.
    600.00czk in Taxi.

• mardaska's Profile Photo

The best choice!!

We booked this hotel through a travel agency in Greece in a very reasonable price. Our choice was excellent. The hotel from outside looks like a block of glass, but once you get inside you feel as if you are entering to a huge courtyard.
    We arrived very early in the morning, but our room was ready. The room itself had a huge double bed, a working desk, mini bar and coffee facilities, ironing board with iron and of course tv.
    The bathroom and the the wc where in separate rooms.

We required a baby cot for our daughter and they brought a huge one with white linen immediately. There was enough room next to the mini bar to prepare the baby's milk.

Breakfast was the best I have ever seen in hotels. Great variety and quality and excellent service.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a casino, congress center, indoor pool etc.

• tigertiger's Profile Photo

Top of the Town

I found the service and friendly nature of the staff at the Hilton to be top draw.

Some of the security types looked a little mean and broody but everyone else was more than willing to help and not just because its their job.

Again as in other reviews i have said talk to them! its and old fashion idea but one that works, i and others spent several hours just chatting and learnt so mouch about the people the place and good eating!

Unique Quality: nice view of the river and old town, if your on the right side of the building that is.

• ann500's Profile Photo

I would choose another hotel

This hotel was ok but I don't recommend it. We went there because it was included in our tour, but I myself would definitely not have chosen it. I prefer cozy places, even with less stars, and this hotel has a rather cold feeling to it. Our room was only ok - I heard renovation work going on down the (very long) hall and no doubt our room is slated for it soon since the bathroom looked a bit tired. A bathroom like that would be acceptable in a cheaper hotel, but I expect a bit more at a Hilton.

The breakfast (a huge buffet) was excellent with nice servers. I don't know how much that costs because it was included in our tour, however the bar is very expensive and don't bother with the restaurant - our dinner wasn't enjoyable and it was also very expensive - we felt ripped off. On top of that I got a stomachache less than an hour after eating there and I don't often get those. I still feel ill when I think of that food. Our waitress was very nice but that's about it. Unfortunately, I still felt ill in the morning and that ruined my breakfast, so I felt even more angry (I looked forward to the good breakfasts).

No great view from our hotel room, just some tall office buildings.

One good thing about it is that it is just a 5 min. walk from a metro station that makes getting around easy. Don't forget to validate your metro ticket though (as you enter) because inspectors stopped us all over the place and they'll fine you for sure.

We saw the new Bond film 'Casino Royal' while in Prague and the opening scene features the interior of a hotel supposedly in Prague that looks just like the atrium of this hotel, I'm not sure if it is or not.

• bchurchill's Profile Photo

Don't stay here unless you have to

This was a very cold hotel. It is modern and the ammenities are good. They will nickel and dime you on every little thing. If you want internet acess in the common areas it will cost 150 CK, parking will cost additional, using the bussiness center, etc. If I am going to pay 215 Euro, there should be some items other than the bed included in the room charge.
    The service in general sucked. When you enter there are several oversized security guards in yellow jackets shooting icy stares at hotel patrons. While I was there there was an electrical problem on my floor that damaged my computer. The staff indicated that it was my problem, and my American equipment. I bought that computer in Europe one year ago. Nothing but problems and complications. The only bright light was the resturant. It was fantastic. The service was outstanding, the wine was incredible and the food was excellent.

Unique Quality: There is a pool, spa, and gym

• shannonellen's Profile Photo

Executive Suite

This hotel was fabulous. Our executive suite had views of the city, two queen (yes, queen! not double) beds. The living room was divided from the bedroom, fantastic for couples traveling with a child (ren). We enjoyed our complimentary bottle of wine, fresh flowers, the sauna and breakfast delivered to our room.
    All executive suites come with access to the executive lounge. Complete with complimentary snacks, evening open bar, and internet access. On our first night, we wished we would have just saved a few Kr. and had eaten at the hotel snack/manager's reception in the executive lounge.
    The walk to downtown, from the hotel was 10 minutes.

Definitely a wonderful hotel to stay at in Prague!

Unique Quality: Ask the clerk in the executive lounge for recommendations and a map on where to walk. Be sure to tip a little, it's definitely appreciated.
    Upon checkin, they had a special box for children with: hair gel, soap, crayons, and a coloring book.

• kiona's Profile Photo

5* experience

We had a fantastic offer for a good price so we decided to stay in a 5* hotel which is normally not our league at all!!
    Except the fact that we were moved to another hotel on the first night and a bit of spiderweb in the room - everything else was ok. Still for a 5* hotel could be better...I expected it to be perfect and it was good.

Unique Quality: Very friendly staff, especially f.desk and bellboys.

• debsk's Profile Photo

great hotel

the hotel was beautiful and the beakfast was wonderful there seemed to be everything on offer from british cooked to waffles cold meats cheese cereals all types of bread croissants jams chocolate sauce fruits juices and a lovely cup of coffee. the hotel had a pool which i felt was a bit too cold a hot tub and a sauna and a steam room. however the latter you are not allowd to wear swimwear in so be prepared for naked bodies or for those of us who dont like to show ourselves to others then you wear either a towel or a sheet.
    the room was large with a king size bed, bathroom and toilet, writing desk comfy chair. there is a cetral atrium and the 2 outside lifts give you a good view.
    make sure however that you dont eat or drink there as its expensive 2 coffees and 2 slices of cake cost £14 when you concider that we only paid £10 for 2 soups 2 dinners and 2 drinks. the rate was calculated at 41. CZ Krona. it is quite a walk to the heart of the sites approx 15-20 mins slow walk.
    bit off advice dont get a cab from the airport its cheap about £1 for the 2 of us to get from the airport to the hotel using the but which took us right to the train station and then the train. you get 75 mins of travel for 20 CZ krona.

Unique Quality: there is a fully equipt gym and health club, hairdressers, squash courts, which costs extra.
    the zest bar is open from 04.00pm-0200am daily and they serve a variety of cocktails as well as coffee.
    the czech house restuarant is for fine dining and we did not use this. its open from monday to sunday only for dinner.
    cafe bistro is in the heart of the lobby and there you will be able to get lunch, dinner or snacks as well as drinks.
    atrium is a buffet style restuarant were you get breakfast which was amazing as discribed above.
    there is also a casino, jewellery shop,optican,and a small gift shop.

Directions: right on thr river not far from florenc train station

• Great Hotel

Excellent accomodations and friendly staff.

Executive lounge on of the best Hilton has to offer, nightly drinks, morning breakfasts, snacks all day. Terrific lounge staff caters to your every need.

Unique Quality: Indoor pool and spa are very nice; the fitness center is also great.

Location is okay, further out from City Center than most hotels but not at all inconvenient.

Hilton taxis are reasonably priced and not to be feared like some other taxi companies. Prague is notorious for unethical taxi drivers that overcharge tourists. AAA cab is another one you can trust.

For those fitness fanatics

If you fancy exerting yourself other than seeing the sights then there is a well equiped gym at the hotel. I tried to count how many pieces of equipment I could see and it was over 60. Its called the Cybex Health Club. It was 350kc for the day.
    There is also a squash court which is 600kc per hour and also a putting green.

In the swim

There is a swimming pool for hotel guests, also a whirlpool, sauna, steam bath and solarium, all this is free to hotel guests.

Unique Quality: All the rooms have lovely thick white bathrobes, so if you take your swimming gear, you can get ready in your room, pop your bathrobe on and go along to the pool. Whenever we looked in it was really quiet.

A little pricey

This is a photo of one of the bars called the Zest Bar. One night I had a glass of wine and it cost the equivalent of £6.50!!!!!!! which I thought was so expensive.
    The following night I had a small martini and Wayne had a sprite and it cost £10!!!!! Couldnt afford to get drunk here - lol.
    The bar was open from 1pm-2am. Has plasma tv screens and also piano music sometimes.

Unique Quality: Our breakfast was included in our package deal, but I think it was something like £18.00 each if you had to pay for it separately. It was the kind of restaurant where you are greeted when you enter and shown to your table, but the service is buffet. The food was hot and cold and the choice was excellent as was the food. The service was very good.

More about Hilton Prague

URGENT!!! Prague Hilton near other good hotel?

by GraceH

Please help me out of this mess!
I'm making travel arrangements for my boss and he and his party are staying at the Prague Hilton on Pobrezni street. He's asked me to add another couple to his party and THE HILTON IS FULLY BOOKED!
Could you tell me what other 5-star hotel is as close as possible to the Hilton?

Re: URGENT!!! Prague Hilton near other good hotel?

by robine

I suggest you ask the Hilton!

Re: URGENT!!! Prague Hilton near other good hotel?

by Jarin

I think Esplanade, Palace hotel or Marriott. Not that they are in walk distance, but with a cab you are in Hilton quite quick.

Re: Re: URGENT!!! Prague Hilton near other good hotel?

by GraceH

Thank you, that's very helpful!

Comments