Hostel Tyn

Hostel Prague Tyn
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

• illumina's Profile Photo

Good for Central Prague

Good, clean hostel situated very conveniently in a little alleyway just behind the Tyn Church, next to the Old Town Square. We had a twin bedded room, which was a decent size, and the shared toilets and shower rooms were fine.

You have to pay a key deposit of 400Kc, but you get that back when you leave.

• taveltravel's Profile Photo

Prague's closest hostel to the Old Town

Stayed there for 3 nights...
    It was okay, have 6 commuters where people generally gathered around. Not too many people used the small kitchen nor the TV room-too dark...

People in the front not too helpful...

The only reason I would stay there again would be the location, it was beyond the Tyn church, it was next to an Indian eatery. I don't think it was that cheap, there were other places that were cheaper.

Unique Quality: in the center of Old Town... very good location.
    To get there from the airport, have to take a local bus and transfer to a metro, from there some walk. hidden-so had a hard time finding it...I guess I really did not have a good direction.
    shower was good..

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location

I'm not sure if you would call this a pension or a hostel. I booked it as a hostel and it has hostel prices and qualities, but it is listed as a pension. So who knows. Awesome location!

Unique Quality: It's about a one minute walk to Old Town Square, located directly behind Twin Peaks. (okay, it's the Tyn church but I give things my own names). I paid about $8 for a room that I shared with two other people. Basic facilities, but nothing beats the location. FYI: try the little bar around the corner from it. Nice owner and good strudel!

Directions: It took me forever to find it. I'm not even sure that the small alley it is on is on the map.

More about Hostel Tyn

Hostel Tyn Vs Clown & Bard Hostel

by ChioQuiroz

My friend and I are looking for a mid price hostel (US$20.oo - US$40.oo per person) and found these above at Lonely Planet and would like to hear any good / bad words about them. Or if you can suggest anything else we are open as well.
Tks

Re: Hostel Tyn Vs Clown & Bard Hostel

by eastisbest8

Sir Toby's

Google: prague hostel

and you'll get a nice little map showing you relative locations of the hostels. Sir Toby's is in the neighborhood north of the river. It was easy to get to by bus (or was it tram) from the airport but did require one change.

Times change, it's been 6 years but I really enjoyed the location and management.

The hostel has a good variety of accomodations and a quiet courtyard. It is in a quiet neighborhood on the northside of the river, putting you about 15 minutes from most of your tourist activities.

ATMs, grocery store, local cafe's and stores, tram to the city center are all close. Stromovka, a beautiful park nearby has nice walks and festival areas.

Hope that's helpful.

Re: Hostel Tyn Vs Clown & Bard Hostel

by EllenH

the hostel we could find was full and so they sent us to the tourist office downtown. Nothing they had available was in our price range (under 100 euro thank you very much) so we left and exactly across the street was a hotel that was not on their list, for last minute 75 euros for 2 with breakfast. It was an outstanding gorgeous room for the same price the crummy hostel would have cost us. Plus there we were, right downtown. So it was half price but that last minute deal sign was still up the next day. The best I can offer on its name without accents is..U Zlateho jelena hotel 1366.

Comments