Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town

Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 114% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Xeriss's Profile Photo

Very good value for money

We stayed in this hotel for 11 nights and we were more than happy with our accommodation. It is true, the beds are on the hard side - this is because the mattresses are extremely thin and you can actually feel the wooden planks underneath you. However, we weren't really bothered with this. The advantages of this charming hotel outweigh its disadvantages. The hotel is situated a few minutes away from the old town square, the tram, the metro and also major shopping areas. It is also a few minutes away from the jewish quarter. The staff at the reception were very friendly and went out of their way to help us out even when we wanted to plan a day trip outside of prague. They have free tea and coffee facilities in the reception area and they also have a very cosy restaurant where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner. Breakfast consists of a selection of bread, cheese and various types of ham, different types of jam, scrambled eggs, sausages and cereal. They normally also have a very small selection of deserts as well as fruit, tea/coffee or juices.

We ate twice in the hotel restaurant, once for lunch and once for dinner, and we weren't disappointed. The food is great especially the meat. It was cooked to our liking and the food was reasonably priced.

Based on the reviews I had read, we asked for a non-smoking room and I can assure you that the room that we were given did not smell of cigarettes. However, the rooms definitely need to be cleaned properly more often. The rooms have fitted carpets and are basically dust collectors. This causes huge breathing problems for people like me and my partner who suffer from asthma. Having said this, we still had a wonderful stay at this hotel and it was part of the reason why we enjoyed our vacation in prague so much.

Wifi is available free of charage in all rooms.

Unique Quality: We got a very good deal when we booked the room directly via their website. Their prices were cheaper than those on booking.com

Directions: If you give them your flight details they will pick you from the airport for a fixed price. Closest tram station to the hotel is: Dlouhá třída. Closest metro station to the hotel is Náměstí Republiky.

• joebarcas's Profile Photo

Very convenient location

Quiet, clean family run hotel in a nice location. The staff speaks english and are very accomodating. They arranged all of our bus tours for us and had them pick us up at the hotel. Typical Czech breakfast included. Small but good restaurant in the hotel. I wouldn't want to just hang out here, but its perfect if you want a clean, good location to put your head down at night and fill your belly in the mornng.
    I'm guessing at the price range, since it was included in our travel package.

Directions: Near the Spanish Synagogue. About a 5 minute walk to Old Town Square

More about Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Wilky_7

A great little family run hotel, just 5 minutes away from the buzzing Old Town Square.
This small hotel has none of the sophistication of the large hotels, but it has genuine czech charm.
The bedroom was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom.
The buffet breakfast was fine. It consisted of cereals, toast, bread, marmalde/jam, cheese and ham, with an endless supply of coffee.
On our last evening we decided to give the hotels restaurant a go, and it was the best meal we had in Prague (and the cheapest)
I would certainly stay at the hotel Hastal when next in Prague.

Great city, good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ebonytreasure

We went with friends to Prague in March 2007, the Hotel Hastal is situated near to the Old Town therefore brilliant location.
It was good, it was clean, the room was excellent, the bar staff especially was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast which was included was buffet but more than adequate. The evening meals - well 2 course for 4 people with drinks was less than £25.00!!! The food was typical Czrech. The castle, St Nicholas church. the jewish sector, & the old town all worth seeing. we did take a minibus guided tour but that was awful - you are given headphones with taped commentary which did not match the driver

Large rooms close to Old Town

by TripAdvisor Member images2

We booked our stay at Hotel Hastal on their web site which gives you a discounted rate. All our communications were answered promptly.

The location is excellent, less than a 5 minute walk to the Old Town square. The rooms are very large although they look very plain. There is a small mini bar but no safe in the room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern and spotless. The room was quiet and we had a view of a church out of our window.

The breakfast was poor, the bread stale, and not much selection.

Some of the employees were cool, not friendly, but others welcomed us with a smile.

The main attraction is the location, and great price offered, along with a large room.

Shame about the bed!

by TripAdvisor Member brott

After much searching on the internet and reading reviews on tripadviser, we booked the Hotel Hastal in Prague for four days through a-prague.com. For the amount of money we paid (E102 per night, this was a discounted rate), we expected at least a comfortable bed. It was so hard it was like lying on the floor. In fact, when we checked it out, we discovered that there was a large piece of hardboard instead of the usual springs or bed base. Apart from this and the very average breakfasts, the hotel was in a very central location and was also quiet and clean.

We had been thinking about booking a hotel on Wenceslas Square but fortunately we didn't as I am sure I would have checked out after the first night, it was so noisy and busy.

All in all, not the reasonably priced and wonderful city we had been expecting but worth a visit.

Superb for us

by TripAdvisor Member sircarl

My Girlfriend and I stayed at The Hotel Hastal for a week at the begining of April 2007.
This was our 7th visit to Prague in 2 years and I have to say this was superb for us.
The location was great - a 5 minute walk MAXIMUM to the old town square and if you know your way around you can cut through the back streets to the river and wencleslas area very quickly. On a nice and quiet street too!
The rooms were nice and spacey and ideal for us. We are a young couple who really only need a simple room in a great location as we only use the hotel as a base. We had a good size bathroom with a nice hot shower. Our room was cleaned every day and sheets/towels replaced and this was done after you went out, even after a lie in !
The staff were very friendly and offered us maps, directions and offered to get us a taxi to the airport so as not to get ripped off by one of the less reputable taxi firms.
The hotel had a nice looking and very reasonably priced restaurant which we had a discount for as we were guests.
We will definatly returm to this hotel and I would recomend this to anyone who is after a nice comfortable, secure place to stay in a great location. For me I don't need a 5 star place in Prague as its such a great place to walk around, I only need a nice clean well located place - and the Hotel Hastal is great.
Also check-out time is 12 which is also a bonus as some places are a lot earlier.

Great Location, Excellent Accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member fenmen

We loved it BUT it is not for a person who expects an American style hotel. Our room (and its attached bath) was large, very clean, with a wonderful view (of an old church whose colors changed with the light) from our front-of-the-hotel room. The down comforters and large pillows were wonderful.

Another reviewer found it noisy because of ongoing renovations so we were somewhat anxious about what we would find. Although there is renovation going on - we never heard it. On the second floor where our room was located, it was very quiet.

The breakfast was continental - the best part of it - wonderfully fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers. The Hastal is minutes away from the Old Town square on a very quiet block.

We would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

superb location

by TripAdvisor Member cheshireguy

Superb location, in the Old Town, I found all the attractions walkable from the hotel. Situated in a quiet square opposite St Castullus Church. The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable double bed and small but good bathroom, hot water really hot. Family owned, buffet continental breakfast with a great choice.
I booked through A -prague.com and used their taxi service to and from the airport which i highly recommend.

Familly with children

by TripAdvisor Member Sakul

I was expecting, as requested, a queen size bed (even “European standards”, whatever that means) and an extra-bed to accommodate my family (wife and 2 children, 6&3). We got three single beds; two of them put side by side so we needed extra pillows to file up the space between the 2 beds and try to make it 1.

We also had problems with the hot water (1 day not provided at all and other insufficient to shower the children).

But the room was very nice (balcony included), the breakfast not bad at all, and the location (location, location…) extraordinary that allow us to enjoy an extraordinary city for 125 euros per night (during Easter).

The bottom line is that we went to Prague to enjoy the city and the hotel did not spoil it. Go to Hastal Hotel and enjoy Prague.

Great Location Lovely small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SpockUK

This hotel is in an ideal situation in a quiet square (Hastalska) only about 5 minutes walk from the centre of the old Jewish quarter and and 10 minutes walk to Wenceslas Square, so if you are reasonably fit you will not need to use public transport although there are buses and trams nearby in Revolunci, the road south of Stefanikuv most (bridge) when it reopens after major repair work. We experienced good service and good meals in its own very reasonably priced restaurant. The excellent Pilsener Urquell beer is also very cheap at the bar! About £1 for half a litre. Would recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you are on a budget and don't expect luxury. Breakfast is the usual fare of cereals, coffee, cold meats and cheese etc.

Hotels

by botslady

My wife and I are planning on being in Prague from May 23 to 26. I have a bad knee and am somewhat resricted in the amount of walking. If I take rest stops I can make several hours. We would like to limit our hotel cost to around $140 or less per night including breakfast. Any recomendations will be appreciated.

Jon Botsford

RE: Hotels

by joebarcas

Check my Prague page about Hotel Hastal. About a 5 minute easy walk to Old Town Square. Web site and phone number are on the site. Enjoy Prague.

RE: Hotels

by mikesundown

I stayed at the Hotel Astoria in January and had a great stay; also about 5 min walk from old town. The subway and trams will get you anywhere you want to go.

Comments