Hotel Imperial Prague

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Great Location

Hotel/Hostel Imperial is a former luxury hotel, built in 1914. I have stayed here several times, the last was New Years 02/03.
    The location of the hotel is fantastic, 10 -15 minutes walk to the Old square.

The room rates are very reasonable, especially off season. I always book through Czech accommodation web sites, they are often cheaper than dealing directly with the hotel. I've used hotel-prague.cz in the past.

The rooms are very basic and the towels supplied were more like napkins. None of the rooms are ensuite. But this ok because its cheap.

This is a great place to stay with your mates.

Unique Quality: Interesting architecture!

Directions: Just off Namesti Republik

• JohnBee's Profile Photo

Hotel in historical style

Hotel Imperial is the former luxury hotel built in 1914. This can be seen in the hall, the restaurant with its stylish tiles, the high floors and doors. Although there is no shower in the room it has definitely a very attractive atmosphere. Breakfast is included.

Unique Quality: Especially the things mentioned above are unique.

Directions: About 300 metres located from the subway station Namesti Republiky.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Is It Just Me?

Maybe it's just me, but I found this place unbelievably creepy. I got bad vibes all around from it and ended up only staying one night there, when originally I was supposed to stay for three. I can't put my finger on what it was, but staying there reminded me of something out of a horror movie.

Unique Quality: The hostel itself is actually pretty good. It's in a building that used to be a luxury hotel, and you can tell. It has good character and a really nice (if pricey) cafe downstairs. They offer the usual hostel style breakfast and the rates are okay. About a ten minute walk to Old Town Square.

More about Hotel Imperial Prague

Really art decò

by Alex_71 about Art Deco Imperial Hotel

I can say that just positive things about this hotel. The Imperial art deco has really the spirit of the ancient art noveau. Expecially in his internal architecture and in to the rooms. The hall is big and spacious, with a bar close to it (much more expensive then other bars in Prague, but it’s the bar of a 5 stars hotel). There are 2 internet points close to the hall into the hotel. The staff is absolutely of high level. They don’t speak Italian but all of them speak English and they are really very helpful for everything you need. My room was at the second floor (not great view but who cares?) and big enough with desks and guardarobe of the beginning of the last century, like the entire hotel. The bathroom had the “warm floor” (I mean that with a switch you can choose to have or not to have the floor of the bathroom warm). In the hotel you can use Jacuzzi, sauna and a fitness room. I didn’t try the fitness room but I checked it and it was more then 1 machine for making weights, so it’s good. The iacuzzi and the sauna obiusvly are in common with other guests. The breakfast was included in my trip so I don’t know how much it costs if you want to do it. Anyway I can say that is big enough and it’s served into an amazing art noveau place. Just, if you choose breakfast in your trip, don’t forget that at 10:30(sharp!!) they close (but it remains open for people that are not of the hotel).
Another important thing is that the hotel is close to the city center but in the same time it’s not into the noise, so I think it’s perfect also as position. Anyway there is the tram stop at about 50 meters, so no worry if u don’t want to walk.
At the end I can say: it’s really a good hotel. Great position, great staff, great architecture (you can check my photos but I’m sure you’ll do your own pics inside the hotel). When I’ll return in Prague I’ll return in this hotel for sure The spa, the restaurant 5 stars, close to the city center but just outside the touristic area

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member ang777

I booked this hotel as a package with the flight through the airline and got a very competitive rate.

The entire hotel has been restored and refurbished. It has been done very well and there has been great attention to detail. I've attached a photo of the taps in the toilets at the bar as I think that this just shows the degree of the attention to detail! The rooms are lovely with the most comfortable beds and pillows I've ever encountered in a hotel. We were three floors up and above the street below but the glass is triple glazed and we heard none of the noise from the street.

The breakfast was a buffet and very nice. There was also an omlette station where you could get your omlettes made to order. We had booked in B&B and we would normally get roomservice as this is usually only an extra charge to have it delivered up. However when i went to fill in the form i realised that there were also prices beside the breakfasts. I rang reception and it turned out that for room service you have to pay for the breakfast again regardless of whether you are in your room B&B. I didn't feel like paying for the breakfast twice so we left it & went down for breakfast instead. We didn't eat in the hotel at night so I couldn't advise of the food.

The location is great and it is just a short walk from the old town square. The concierge service in the hotel was brilliant and I would recommend asking them to recommend a restaurant for you and they can also organise a car for you if it's required. We asked for an italian restaurant and we ended up eating there two of the nights as it was so nice. It was called Ambiente and had the most beautiful homemade pasta I've ever tasted. The concierge will also book you in for activities and give lots of information, they're very pleasant and helpful, nothing is a problem!

On Prague in general, it's a lovely city that you could just spend days walking around. They serve the most beautiful hot chocolate in the Old Town Square at the the U Prince Cafe and also a word of advice, there are so so so so many cobbled streets in Prage that you really need to have comfortable shoes on!! I learned this the hard way my first time there!

Overall The Imperial is a great hotel that has been lovingly restored in the Art Deco style, with great rooms and staff and we are definitely going back again!

Lovely Prague and hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WorldtravellerNiel

After several citytrips we can say we enjoyed Prague as one of the best ( St Petersburg, Moskou, Rome, Firenze, Wenen, Madrid ...) The hotel is a real 5 star : friendly personel, very good restaurant, ... We will go back again.

Imperial - fit for an emperor!

by TripAdvisor Member richard_prodger

A great hotel, excellent rooms, friendly and helpful staff.
The Cafe, where we had breakfast, is a marvellous example of Art Deco styling. The Cafe is open to the public during the day.
The Imperial is also in a great location, near the railway station and only a few mintues walk to the old town square. A brand new shopping centre has recently opened just 2 minutes walk away. Fortunately for me, the Imperial is right next door to my office, so when I'm visiting Prague, it's the perfect choice.

Impressed with the Imperial

by TripAdvisor Member fangfarrierwindsor

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in Prague,staying in the Imperial Hotel which is a beautiful example of what a wonderfully restored Hotel should look like.
The Art Nouveau interior and entrance were stunning and we loved the Art Deco room which combined elegance with pure comfort. It was difficult to extract ourselves from this in the morning.However ,the breakfast in one of the most pretigious and historically important coffee rooms in Prague made it worth while.
The staff could not have been more charming and attentive.
I am very fussy about hotels and this was the first time I really looked forward to coming back to my hotel and room.
We will certainly be recommending the Imperial to our friends .
Dr. and Mrs. Morris

Great

by TripAdvisor Member Islington76

As a frequent vistor to Prague I have stayed at many 4-5 *hotels in this wonderful city and wanted to write a quick account about my recent stay.

Hotel enjoys a great location, a short walk from all the main sights with many bars and restaurants a stone throw away. What is important for me when staying in any hotel is the comfort and the small details which make a big difference to the overall experience. Everything has been thought of here and you want for nothing, with high quality equipment in the room.

Breakfast is at the lovely cafe which I understand is very well known in Prague. Plenty of choice with efficient service.

Overall, a great property with a great location. Whether you are a business or leisure traveller this hotel will meet your needs and more. Highly recommended.

Comments